NYJetsFan.com Forums: Is This The Best Jets Staff Ever? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

BEARS VS PACK MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBAWLLLL WOO
santana Icon : (20 September 2014 - 04:21 PM) boo Liverpool
santana Icon : (20 September 2014 - 04:21 PM) FIRE RAUL!
santana Icon : (20 September 2014 - 04:21 PM) idzik for admin! Milber for moderator!
santana Icon : (20 September 2014 - 04:32 PM) http://gifwall.net/g...a3jjPhnyiS0.gif
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:14 AM) RIP Rob Bironas
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Could some enlightened person explain why our secondary is such a mess despite tons of cap space? It's a passing league, better fix that soon or we'll see the Packers game all season.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 AM) Grew up watching bironas... Good kicker RIP.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:30 AM) Well as one aspiring to be an analyst on football i would say it's because we're trying to save up to makes some big moves next year. If you look at next year's potential free agents they're top of the line. If Ryan and Idznik can keep that cap room... Some great things can happen defensively.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:30 AM) and offensively as well.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:32 PM) Dude bironas was solid that really sucks
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:30 PM) Sunday kinda sucks without jets football
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) So who's having JETS withdrawls?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) I didn't even watch any 1pm games cause all they had were the CHEATriots on
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) now I'm flipping between the Den/Sea and the Az/SF games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://cdn.nextimpul...lbergstoned.gif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) HILARIOUS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:56 PM) kraft is a pathetic troll
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:56 PM) and even a "fan" of the CHEATriots doesn't even give him any attention
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) I still can't believe we lost to the packers and they go and lose to Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) we lost that game they didn't beat us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:55 PM) I really hope Decker is able to play tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:55 PM) but without risking further injury cause we are going to need him later in the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) and our running game better go off tomorrow night
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) some good games today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) manning 4th quarter drive was pretty sick
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) so was russels OT drive
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) cousins looks legit for the skins
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) eagles another 4th quarter come back they seem really well conditioned
santana Icon : (Today, 09:58 AM) So will our corners hold up tonight
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:21 AM) we might be lucky cause both marshall and jeffrey are banged up. holmes might hurt us though
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) gameday
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) finally can watch a game live, pumped
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) We have to get pressure on Cutler, force him into mistakes. Last time we played the Bears I remember Cutler torched us a bit because we gave him all day to throw.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) Hopefully Geno plays a great game tonight, the Bears defense isn't good.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:58 AM) Looks like Milber won't play tonight
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:25 PM) Milliner's injuries are starting to get annoying
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:26 PM) Jets D-line needs to wreck havoc on Cutler. if he gets time to pass, Jets won't be able to keep up
santana Icon : (Today, 01:20 PM) Fire the conditioning coach!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:56 PM) Bears will be without their starting LG (Matt Slauson) and starting center toight
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) I don't think it's the ankle either with Milber, it's his quad. I didn't think the Jets should have played him last week, he was clearly not ready. High ankle sprains can linger, we need him back 100%
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:17 PM) Milber lol
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) I wish the Jets would sign Barrnet too
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 03:00 PM) Anybody know who's playing on Monday night football tonight?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:08 PM) lol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:18 PM) dumbass of the year? http://theredzone.or...k-/Default.aspx
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Is This The Best Jets Staff Ever? is this the best jets staff ever?

Poll: is this the best jets staff ever? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

is this the best jets staff ever?

1. Yes (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

2. No (17 votes [70.83%])

Percentage of vote: 70.83%

Vote

#21 User is offline   smallguy Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

No it has the potential to be the best coaching staff ever, but after one game it isn't even close.

#22 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (smallguy @ Sep 14 2006, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it has the potential to be the best coaching staff ever, but after one game it isn't even close.

That's what I'm trying to say.... POTENTIAL! I know what the others have done. To say they were a better staff, regardless of the big names, is to say that Mangini is doomed for mediocrity. I tend to believe otherwise. I think he'll get the Jets to the Superbowl, that's how I voted.

#23 User is offline   UKJetsFan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

No yet, you should add an option: To early to tell!

#24 User is offline   Foley1028 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Sep 14 2006, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is this the best jets staff ever?

if you vote no who do u think is?

i think schott has this offense looking the best it has since 1998, out defense looked very good under sutton, westhoff is one of the bets sp teams coaches, mangini looks like a stud HC, MT is a master negotaior and capologist at GM, and TB is a great head scout. what do u guys think?

Perhaps one day we might give them that title, but you're a bit premature at this point. However, I will say without hesitation that it's far superior to last years staff. Westoff is the only good hold-over!!!
-Chad will be back for 2006- "I guarantee it."

#25 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

You guys don't know anything. Not only is this the best Jets coaching staff, it's the best staff in any sport ever! I mean they are so damn good future generations will write of their achievements. Lombardi? Auerbach? Wooten! Hell no! We've got Mangini!

#26 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Sep 14 2006, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys don't know anything. Not only is this the best Jets coaching staff, it's the best staff in any sport ever! I mean they are so damn good future generations will write of their achievements. Lombardi? Auerbach? Wooten! Hell no! We've got Mangini!

Whatever dude. You are making mountains out of mole hills. Parcells and Co didn't get us a championship so why should we say their failure is better than Mangini's potential? We don't know what Mangini will bring, but I'd rather have Mangini than Parcells at this point I'll guarantee you that. No need to demean people with obvious sarcasm. It's just a different way of seeing things.

#27 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

i'm happy with what mangini and friends are doing but you need to win a SB. it's weeb who won SB 3 so he's the best.

#28 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Sep 14 2006, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever dude. You are making mountains out of mole hills. Parcells and Co didn't get us a championship so why should we say their failure is better than Mangini's potential? We don't know what Mangini will bring, but I'd rather have Mangini than Parcells at this point I'll guarantee you that. No need to demean people with obvious sarcasm. It's just a different way of seeing things.

The question had nothing to do with potential but for some reason you keep bringing it up. Seriously this is one of the dumbest polls I've ever seen and people are actually taking it seriously. The guy's won one game for crying out loud. How the hell do you even know his potential? One game! And that against a team that absolutely sucked last year. But all of sudden we're going to start winning Super Bowls! Get real.

QUOTE (LocoJet @ Sep 14 2006, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm happy with what mangini and friends are doing but you need to win a SB. it's weeb who won SB 3 so he's the best.

Weeb was simply not a very good coach. Namath called his own plays which is why the Jets won. Eubank basically destroyed a team that could have been good for many years because he worked on contracts and was a cheap SOB. There's only one answer to this question and if you have to be told, it's really not worth it.

#29 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Sep 15 2006, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The question had nothing to do with potential but for some reason you keep bringing it up. Seriously this is one of the dumbest polls I've ever seen and people are actually taking it seriously. The guy's won one game for crying out loud. How the hell do you even know his potential? One game! And that against a team that absolutely sucked last year. But all of sudden we're going to start winning Super Bowls! Get real.
Weeb was simply not a very good coach. Namath called his own plays which is why the Jets won. Eubank basically destroyed a team that could have been good for many years because he worked on contracts and was a cheap SOB. There's only one answer to this question and if you have to be told, it's really not worth it.

Is acting like an asshole really necessary?

#30 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Sep 14 2006, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well excuse the rest of us that actually care. I guess we should ask your permission next time we want to talk about this sort of thing..... bullshit.gif

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Sep 14 2006, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is acting like an asshole really necessary?

That's what I'm saying.

#31 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:21 PM

What this guy, "long time jets fan" thinks is that he is like the master of everybody here. He thinks he gets to do what he wants, when he wants. Althought your just an incompetant asshole, LTJF. Why don't you just leave the site if thats all your going to do, is insult others and insult posts. Would be a lot easier for both the people on this site, and yourself as well.

I mean all you really had to do is say your opinion, yes or no, and that was it. I stated my opinion which was no, because I thought the 1998 coaching staff was much better, and that was it. I do think Mangini has the potential to be an amazing coach though, but until then the 1998 staff is the best jets staff ever.

#32 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

uh oh its getting a little hot in herrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee!!

But seriously, I think if this group sticks aroud they will go down as one of the best coaching staffs in Jets history. I think that became apparent in Spring Training

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Sep 14 2006, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What this guy, "long time jets fan" thinks is that he is like the master of everybody here. He thinks he gets to do what he wants, when he wants. Althought your just an incompetant asshole, LTJF. Why don't you just leave the site if thats all your going to do, is insult others and insult posts. Would be a lot easier for both the people on this site, and yourself as well.

I mean all you really had to do is say your opinion, yes or no, and that was it. I stated my opinion which was no, because I thought the 1998 coaching staff was much better, and that was it. I do think Mangini has the potential to be an amazing coach though, but until then the 1998 staff is the best jets staff ever.

If you can't see this thread is stupid there's an obvious reason for that. Sorry, but anyone who thinks one win against the Titans makes this the best Jets coaching staff in history is a moron. If you can't see that then you're just stupid. If the fact that you're stupid makes me an asshole then so be it. But it makes me far from incompetent. And apparently people can post utter nonsense and that's okay, but if someone calls them on it they're an asshole. Of course I'd say the person who started with the namecalling and made it personal is the real asshole.

#34 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Sep 15 2006, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you can't see this thread is stupid there's an obvious reason for that. Sorry, but anyone who thinks one win against the Titans makes this the best Jets coaching staff in history is a moron. If you can't see that then you're just stupid. If the fact that you're stupid makes me an asshole then so be it. But it makes me far from incompetent. And apparently people can post utter nonsense and that's okay, but if someone calls them on it they're an asshole. Of course I'd say the person who started with the namecalling and made it personal is the real asshole.

Someone can't take the insults back I guess...

#35 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

Hey tell you what. Chad had a great game. Maybe you should start a new thread called "Is Pennington the best Jets QB ever?"

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Sep 14 2006, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone can't take the insults back I guess...

Really? I thought I handled it quite well. You made a statement; I responded. How does that demonstrate I can't take insults? Of course you never address the points I made because you can't. There is no good response.

#36 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Sep 15 2006, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey tell you what. Chad had a great game. Maybe you should start a new thread called "Is Pennington the best Jets QB ever?"
Really? I thought I handled it quite well. You made a statement; I responded. How does that demonstrate I can't take insults?

You don't even know what it's about. Remember you started with these insults a while back, telling me not to reply to in a PM, acting like your someone big on this site. Stop making yourself look like your the most meaningful poster on this site. It gets annoying when your posts are just ways to make others look like idiots.

#37 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Sep 14 2006, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't even know what it's about. Remember you started with these insults a while back, telling me not to reply to in a PM, acting like your someone big on this site. Stop making yourself look like your the most meaningful poster on this site. It gets annoying when your posts are just ways to make others look like idiots.

Boy, I have more power than I thought. If people look like idiots they do it themselves; they require no help from me. Now I see, this is a personal vendetta. Wow, I must have really made an impression as I have no recollection of you whatsoever. And if I responded to you in a PM it's because I didn't feel it was right to make it public. You on the otherhand apparently aren't smart enough to figure out when to take that route. And you still haven't addressed any of the point I made.

#38 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Sep 15 2006, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy, I have more power than I thought. If people look like idiots they do it themselves; they require no help from me. Now I see, this is a personal vendetta. Wow, I must have really made an impression as I have no recollection of you whatsoever. And you still haven't addressed any of the point I made.

My point is your an asshole.

#39 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:39 PM

Bottom line is this:

This thread is about whether or not people think the current coaching staff is better than any other staff the Jets have had. Say your peace and leave it at that if you have nothing other to say about the topic at hand. Stupid or not.

If you've said what you wanted to say about it, then leave it alone. I think it's an interesting question and looked at it from a different perspective. Some people looked at it another way, that's what's great about a conversation.

I'm not the only one that doesn't want to read this e-battle.

#40 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Sep 14 2006, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My point is your an asshole.

My point is you're a moron and an asshole. The fact you replied the way you have in this thread makes both those points. But I'll stop this now. You're simply not intelligent enough for me to waste any more of my time.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users