NYJetsFan.com Forums: Satan For President - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
FlyHiJets Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Satan For President

#21 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Apr 15 2005, 05:21 PM)
Wow, this is some DEEP Shit.....I have left this alone for some time, but I will now rant....

Why do we care what Mr. Bush did in the National Guard?  We didnt give a crap with Mr. Clinton?  He took his sorry ass to Canada.  Has any of you folks served this country?  If you haven't, why do you care about Iraq?  It is like everything in America, If it doesn't affect you, who the hell cares.  Bottom line is the president doesnt have 100% of the power....

I have served for 11 years now in the US Army, I have missed the last 4 Christmas's and the birth of my twins, along with countless significant family events.  I have served in 4 different combat zones.  I was just injured during my 2nd tour in Iraq.  I see the news on TV and all that is ever talked about is the negative things.  Soldiers killing injured Iraqis' soldiers doing this, that.  All negative.    There are never stories of the positive things that are going on. 

Maybe Iraq was a bad idea...I mean Sadam was as peacefull innocent man..he never wanted to hurt anyone....If you think that he had/has no weopons of mass destruction over there, your are on some good stuff....You should pull convoy security with me for an hour....you will change your mind... ...
In this day in age we have to understand a few things...there is alot of things that go on that everyday civilians could not fathom..
..but if my service in Iraq, Afganistan, Bosnia and Africa mean that our country will not have a repeat of 9-11-2001.....I will do it all over again....and I don't want any 'Thank You's'....Just make sure it never happens again....

You're right about the Thank You's... You deserve better. Sounds to me like you're a great man and I support everything you just said. I'm doing my part out here in Central PA and part of that was working on the Bush Campaign. Once I get out of school I plan on joining the military and becoming an officer (It's not combat, but I have to use my skills to best help). I can't wait.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#22 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:38 PM

Satan isn't real. Hell is just a made up place to make people act good because if they know about hell they know if they do bad they go to there.

Do you have any evidence of this? No. I for the most part agree with this and George Carlin has such a great way of debunking religion, i recommend his comedy before any of this babble (albeit semi-interesting) Live long and prosper my friends... PEACE
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#23 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:44 PM

I do Bobzero, and that's the real world. There is no second person that is a soul, it's seriously common sense. The Bible is a good way to reach out to people of all ages to teach a moral. It's a great way to make people act good so the World will be good. There are really made up stories to me except that Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, the three kings, and that ruler who wanted Jesus is real. But if you were to dig up some dead person their body would be there and always will be unless it's moved by something.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#24 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

I understand what you are saying and keep in mind that you are 12 and at the same time dont really wanna get into a whole religious/philosophical/existential debate... i just want to say that hell is a possibilty and you are absolutely correct that the bible is used as a tool to scare people and control behavior but we should not denounce it just because it is based on something that may not always make sense to us... i think faith is a great thing and in the end the only thing that matters is how you live your llife... there is a possibilty of an after life and if there isnt that would just be kind of sad... who knows? none of us... this is why i tend to avoid the subject as interesting as it could be... im sure you will have many years to shape and mold your opinions on this my young jets friend but always try to keep an open mind... you dont have to be a liberal, but dont forget there are many things beyond our grasp that are possible... thats all from me for now PEACE

#25 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

Now seriously, who is in hell? What is in hell? Are there souls of the dead there, yeah right. Bobzero you're a favorite of mine here too but I disagree on this hell thing. But either way lets stop, we can't really change each others ideas since it is all about faith, and I have no faith in the fact a heaven or hell exists. I also know you have some faith in the fact a heaven or hell exists and I respect your decision. PEACE too you too and hope to see you around sometime soon buddy. And the Home of the Jets.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#26 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:07 PM

actually you misread me... my point is i don't know whether anything past what i can see exists, all i am saying is you should be open to the possibility that it does... just be open minded, im not asking you to change your opinion i am just saying science isnt always the answer and neither is invisible men

#27 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Apr 15 2005, 03:21 PM)
Wow, this is some DEEP Shit.....I have left this alone for some time, but I will now rant....

Why do we care what Mr. Bush did in the National Guard?  We didnt give a crap with Mr. Clinton?  He took his sorry ass to Canada.  Has any of you folks served this country?  If you haven't, why do you care about Iraq?  It is like everything in America, If it doesn't affect you, who the hell cares.  Bottom line is the president doesnt have 100% of the power....

I have served for 11 years now in the US Army, I have missed the last 4 Christmas's and the birth of my twins, along with countless significant family events.  I have served in 4 different combat zones.  I was just injured during my 2nd tour in Iraq.  I see the news on TV and all that is ever talked about is the negative things.  Soldiers killing injured Iraqis' soldiers doing this, that.  All negative.    There are never stories of the positive things that are going on. 

Maybe Iraq was a bad idea...I mean Sadam was as peacefull innocent man..he never wanted to hurt anyone....If you think that he had/has no weopons of mass destruction over there, your are on some good stuff....You should pull convoy security with me for an hour....you will change your mind... ...
In this day in age we have to understand a few things...there is alot of things that go on that everyday civilians could not fathom..
..but if my service in Iraq, Afganistan, Bosnia and Africa mean that our country will not have a repeat of 9-11-2001.....I will do it all over again....and I don't want any 'Thank You's'....Just make sure it never happens again....

I hope as much as anybody that the killing in Iraq ends as soon as possible. We live in an ugly world, where people die or get addicted to drugs or are born with mental and physical deformities or have any number of other horrible things happen to them everyday. It isn't pleasant, and the answers to the problems aren't easy, if there are any. But I'll be damned if anyone is going to convince me we went to Iraq for "the right reasons."

Saddam was bad. The people he had around him were bad. His children were sadistic bastards. And their are countries all over the world ruled by evil dictators. Many of them are men that the US has put into place after American assisted coups. Some of the countries are less democratic now than they were before. And yet have we attacked any of them? North Korea actually has nuclear weapons (as opposed to Iraq, which we have yet to discover), but we don't do anything to them. This war was about oil. An oil rich country that wasn't doing what we (the US as run by oilmen) wanted and we used any reason possible to attack.

This war has little to do with 9-11 and terrorism. There have been plenty of documents showing that Saddam wasn't hiding Al'Queda or that he even had relations with them. What "proof" was used to justify the war has been exposed repeatedly as faulty, and should have been better checked before engaging in a war that lead to several years worth of deaths.
Besides that, 9-11 wasn't some random act of violence. It was a direct reponse to US overinvolvement in the middle east. As I've already said, America hasn't shown it really cares about countries that don't affect it financially. The only reason the US props up Israel is because they want an ally in that area of the world. If we kept our troops and money out of there we would have a lot less enemies in the Arab countries.

And JSTOF, do people who haven't served in the military not get to have an opinon on war? Because very few persidents in history have had true military experience. This "war" IS Bush's war (it was never offically a war, as can only be declared by Congress). It was him and the people he selected to surrond himself with. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, etc. Outside of Powell, none of them have been in a gun fight.
Also, I bet there are plenty of things that haven't affected you that you don't give a shit about. Unfortunatly, that is the way it works. Very few people can bear the burden of facing all causes at one time. I try to help people. My sister, brother, and several close friends of mine have all had severe forms of cancer. That one strikes especially close to heart, along with a few other topics. My brother has been an alcholic and has abused drugs all his life. He has four kids, three of whom have lived in my and my parent's homes for various periods, as has he. But I can repsect someone who has never had to deal with addiction having an opinon.

As I said, I wish no one had to die with a gun in their hands on foreign land. I respect anyone who will fight for what they believe in and those who fight even if they don't think it is right. THe world is better without Saddam, yes. But so are a lot of important American's pocketbooks. In the mean time, a lot of people have died and been made to suffer so a few dozen people could die richer.

#28 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:16 PM

Sorry about that, I'm not very good reading between the lines. I should be opended minded to what is out there, but hell is a little akward too me. Really this was kind of stupid of me to post my second post because we're going back to that one question is the Draft Chat subject where you said "What should I put on the grill at 5:00 A.M. while I'm tailgating, pancakes or ribs" and I said "How about sausage" and you went on about that being a rhetoric question which those questions I asked you were. PEACE (Yeah I'm copying this off you my friend.) And the Home of the Jets.

#29 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (HermIsMyHero @ Apr 15 2005, 01:10 PM)
Listen, C4Prez, if you want tro believe that Satan isn't real and that there is no Hell then fine. But I want you to about this: If we're wrong, and you are right, then fine, all is well. But if we're right and you're wrong, then what are you going to say to St. Peter at the Pearly Gates? God is to be feared, but not in the earthly common sense of the word. He's to be fear in the sense that he has the power to judge, and you should fear this. All great leaders in history were feared. Fear keeps people in line, it keeps people from rising up and over throwing the ruler. Read Nicolo Machieveli's "The Prince" and you will understand this concept. It works for God as well. "The Bible" is obviously the better read on God then "The Prince." The message reamains the same.

I respect your right to believe, I really do. I'm not one of those staunch atheists who think people with religon are weakminded or afraid. But I can't fear something I don't believe in.

I haven't believe in God for years, and thinking on the subject as only confirmed it it in my mind. I've read large chunks of the bible (and the Prince, not something to consciously emulate), and just don't believe it. I believe that Christ was a real man, who preached a lot of great things, but not that he was any sort of avatar of a greater being, just a man.

#30 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:34 PM

Sorry Hermismyhero I never answered your question, but now I will. If there is a God and the Pearly Gates and all, I have nothing better to tell St. Peter other than the truth. I'll tell him I never belived in a God, a Satan, a Heaven, or a Hell. There is nothing more I could tell. I'd say I was badly mistaken and they were right. From there I'd tell them now I believe but my life is now in their hands and they have the right to toss me where ever. What else could I say, I mean isn't telling the truth what the Bible says? That is what I'm supposed to do and I have faith in doing so, so then I'll sure as hell do so. PEACE. And the Home of the Jets.

#31 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:40 PM

basically "nominee" said it pretty well, we just gotta live life the best we can and whatever happens when we die is gonna happen, we cant change that so we gotta live life to a point where we arent ashamed of the lfie we lead and hopefully go past that and a live a life we can be proud of PEACE

#32 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

I think Bobzero said it right, and that is where we can finally rest this topic. PEACE. And the Home of the Jets.

#33 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:04 AM

USAF 1977-1986. DID ONE TOUR REMOTE IN KOREA.SEE WORLDWAR3.COM
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#34 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:50 AM

Did 1 tour in Korea, Camp Red Cloud, 2ID 1996-97
'SECOND TO NONE'

a1elbow,
I agree with some things you have said, you are very well spoken.
My point about Mr. Bush's service record was not to say that we need a president that has seen combat, or has served honorably...just arguing the point because people are making it an issue when they didn't for Mr. Clintion.. ..it would be nice if we could have a president that did not have personal issues that he would use the US Military to support. As you are aware since you are an educated man, I being an active service member cannot bad mouth my Commander in Chief....But I will say to you, that there is a presence of Al Queda in Iraq....They attack soldiers on a daily, if not hourly basis....I do respect your views and I do appreciate the mature intelligent conversation that you bring to the table.....

#35 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Apr 16 2005, 10:25 AM)
Did 1 tour in Korea, Camp Red Cloud, 2ID 1996-97
'SECOND TO NONE'

a1elbow,
I agree with some things you have said, you are very well spoken. 
My point about Mr. Bush's service record was not to say that we need a president that has seen combat, or has served honorably...just arguing the point because people are making it an issue when they didn't for Mr. Clintion.. ..it would be nice if we could have a president that did not have personal issues that he would use the US Military to support.  As you are aware since you are an educated man, I being an active service member cannot bad mouth my Commander in Chief....But I will say to you, that there is a presence of Al Queda in Iraq....They attack soldiers on a daily, if not hourly basis....I do respect your views and I do appreciate the mature intelligent conversation that you bring to the table.....

I believe that there is Al Queda there, but all the evidence I have seen has shown that Saddam and Bin Laden were on poor terms for several reasons. I also have heard that more came in after the war started. But I'm just a kid in Middle America and all I can go on is the information I get from the various sources.

I agree that Clinton managed to somehow get a lot less made of his war dodging. But as far as people not making a big deal about it, I think that is rather more of a Dem/Rep thing. To me, we haven't had a very good president in decades. While I would love to hate on Bush all day, he hasn't been as bad as Reagan or Nixon (though he has time, and there are always long term effects that we can't forsee).

Clinton did some really good things, but is a terrible person. To me, cheating on his wife while in office is a major disgrace to the presidency. I know a lot of people feel like a president's private life is there own and shouldn't affect how we view their ability to do the job, but that is differnt. He was engaging in affairs within the White House and that is utterly unacceptable.

And I don't think we could expect every president to have military experience, but I would feel more confident in someone's decision to go to war if I knew they had been in the middle of a battle and understood it better than people who have never even visited another country. I think it is a shame we elect presidents based on everything but their military experience and then expect them to determine when to go to war. The world is in a very bad state right now and I think we should be looking to a canidate for office's opinons on, and experiences with, war as much as anything when we cast our votes right now.

#36 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

a1elbow I respect your opinions I really do...

But I know people in the Marines and the Army and my best friend's parents are both Marines. His mother is in Iraq and is the head of coroner affairs. I've heard her tell me things that simply make your arguments (that Al-Queda had no connections with Saddam) simply futile. When dead Al-Queda member show up from the very beggining in Iraq then I think that it disproves that argument. My point is not to make you look like you are stupid or very wrong, that's not it at all. My point is to show you that certain things the American public is simply not told, and what ever your sources are I'm sure that there is a certain degree of bias in whatever they say to you.

I don't know how to say certain things without making them seem condescending. Before you, or if you, respond to my post, remember that I tried to be as nice as possible about this and if anything came off bad to you then I apologize ahead of time. Also I should that I don't base everything I believe in on the word of a woman in the Marines, that's only an example.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#37 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 16 April 2005 - 03:06 PM

Hermismyhero, that is one side of the argument. But the records from Al Qaeda computers and from Iraqi officals saying they had poor relations and that Bin Laden hated Saddam because he was too western and not strong in Islamic faith just makes me shrug at one persons statement. If the government and reporters are lying about them, then there isn't much I can do. I've seen these things in reputable magazines and news papers, so it isn't like I am getting them from some fringe source or blog. Also, various commissions have reviewed the avaible informations and determined that there was no Iraq/Al Qaeda connection.

Maybe there were some there to open the war, I don't know. It is a large area and it doesn't take much room for terror cells to set up. For example, the US government admits there are some here, in this country. It doesn't mean we willfully have them here, but someone is supporting them from the inside (or not). And I personally tend to believe offical documents, at least to some degree.

One women saying something, however much you trust her word, doesn't shake my foundation. I don't know what all you have delevoped your various opinons from, but I honestly doubt you are that much better informed than me. I don't just get my information from CNN or FOX. If you look, you can find information that isn't put out on the nightly news. And while I know you weren't just trying to be an ass, I get the feeling you feel I'm less informed than I am.

#38 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

Look what I started....

Has anyone ever been to the middle east? borders over there are pourous, and people come and go from country to country, some good, some bad.

Mentioned earlier was North Korea....do you know what our soldiers on South Korea are called? Speed Bumps, why? Because if North Korea were to decide to attack, they would overwhelm US and South Korean troops almost instantly.....they only have about 1 billion soldiers.....

I sit here and I know the things that I have seen in Iraq and the war on terror, most I cannot discuss....what you see on the news....is watered down bullshit....it doesn't matter what program you watch, there are no programs that discuss the positive things that happen becuase of our commitments...only the stories of soldiers beating prisoners; marines shooting injured people....you dont hear about the soldiers that save lives, deliver babies, build schools....beleive me, it happens every day......i have been on missions in other countries that are poor and you would not believe the masses coming out of thier homes wanting a MRE or some of our water.....it becomes so hazardous for us because we obviously don't want to run anyone over or hurt anyone, but these people really appreciate the things that all soldiers and marines are doing...we are making a difference....

But I am so tired of trying do defend my actions and Americas Policies.....i enlisted in the Army because I had ablsolutly no idea what to do with myself....I have stayed in the Army out of my fear of not being able to contribute to civilian lifestyle....Deep down, I wish I never had to fire a round on combat, I wish I never had went to Iraq, I wish WE didnt go to Iraq, we would still have 1500 soldiers alive today... but I am a soldier and I dont question my orders....

#39 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:47 PM

Not many people WANT to go to or start WARS. a1elbow it's natural for me to feel as if you are misinformed becuase I feel so strongly opposite of you. The things I read about/see is so compelling for me and not so compelling to you and that is obviously disconcerning to me. But as I said I respect your opinions and wont ever tell you you are wrong. Glad to see we can agree to disagree.

JSOTF I understand about your comment that the real stories are never told in America. As I said before the conversations I have had with quite a few Marines and other military personel were amazing and personally humbling. God Bless man.

One last question I have for my own personal use in a small survey I'm conducting for my own uses. Does anyone know how many Iraqi's have been killed since the War began? After I get a few responces I will explain why I asked the question.

#40 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Apr 16 2005, 03:46 PM)
Look what I started....

Has anyone ever been to the middle east?  borders over there are pourous, and people come and go from country to country, some good, some bad.

Mentioned earlier was North Korea....do you know what our soldiers on South Korea are called?  Speed Bumps, why?  Because if North Korea were to decide to attack, they would overwhelm US and South Korean troops almost instantly.....they only have about 1 billion soldiers.....

I sit here and I know the things that I have seen in Iraq and the war on terror, most I cannot discuss....what you see on the news....is watered down bullshit....it doesn't matter what program you watch, there are no programs that discuss the positive things that happen becuase of our commitments...only the stories of soldiers beating prisoners; marines shooting injured people....you dont hear about the soldiers that save lives, deliver babies, build schools....beleive me, it happens every day......i have been on missions in other countries that are poor and you would not believe the masses coming out of thier homes wanting a MRE or some of our water.....it becomes so hazardous for us because we obviously don't want to run anyone over or hurt anyone, but these people really appreciate the things that all soldiers and marines are doing...we are making a difference....

But I am so tired of trying do defend my actions and Americas Policies.....i enlisted in the Army because I had ablsolutly no idea what to do with myself....I have stayed in the Army out of my fear of not being able to contribute to civilian lifestyle....Deep down, I wish I never had to fire a round on combat, I wish I never had went to Iraq,  I wish WE didnt go to Iraq, we would still have 1500 soldiers alive today... but I am a soldier and I dont question my orders....

Surprisingly, I think it is more the national television and most of the print media focusing on the negative aspects. Watching local TV news (at least here in mid-Missouri), local members of the various branches of service tend to get to talk about the more positive. It is sad that those men and women have to basically do their own PR work, but at least on a lesser level the good does get out there. And I think most people know that not all the troops are doing these bad things that we see on the news. At least I hope it is the small minority of people I think it is that don't realise that wether they liked the war or not, we have to make the best of it as we can.

And HiMH, I'm a little tenative to post, as I am afraid I might fall into some sort of trap. I've seem a lot of differnt "offical" stats, ranging from low thousands to a hundred thousand. As is usually the safest way (and how most historians tend to judge the numbers) I'd have to go somewhere in the middle.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users