NYJetsFan.com Forums: Navy Seal Falls On Grenade To Save Comrades - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Navy Seal Falls On Grenade To Save Comrades A True American Hero..

#1 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

CORONADO, Calif. - A Navy SEAL sacrificed his life to save his comrades by throwing himself on top of a grenade Iraqi insurgents tossed into their sniper hideout, fellow members of the elite force said.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael A. Monsoor had been near the only door to the rooftop structure Sept. 29 when the grenade hit him in the chest and bounced to the floor, said four SEALs who spoke to The Associated Press this week on condition of anonymity because their work requires their identities to remain secret.

"He never took his eye off the grenade, his only movement was down toward it," said a 28-year-old lieutenant who sustained shrapnel wounds to both legs that day. "He undoubtedly saved mine and the other SEALs' lives, and we owe him."

Monsoor, a 25-year-old gunner, was killed in the explosion in Ramadi, west of Baghdad. He was only the second SEAL to die in Iraq since the war began.

Two SEALs next to Monsoor were injured; another who was 10 to 15 feet from the blast was unhurt. The four had been working with Iraqi soldiers providing sniper security while U.S. and Iraqi forces conducted missions in the area.

In an interview at the SEALs' West Coast headquarters in Coronado, four members of the special force remembered "Mikey" as a loyal friend and a quiet, dedicated professional.

"He was just a fun-loving guy," said a 26-year-old petty officer 2nd class who went through the grueling 29-week SEAL training with Monsoor. "Always got something funny to say, always got a little mischievous look on his face."

Other SEALS described the Garden Grove, Calif., native as a modest and humble man who drew strength from his family and his faith. His father and brother are former Marines, said a 31-year-old petty officer 2nd class.

Prior to his death, Monsoor had already demonstrated courage under fire. He has been posthumously awarded the Silver Star for his actions May 9 in Ramadi, when he and another SEAL pulled a team member shot in the leg to safety while bullets pinged off the ground around them.

Monsoor's funeral was held Thursday at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in San Diego. He has also been submitted for an award for his actions the day he died.

The first Navy SEAL to die in Iraq was Petty Officer 2nd Class Marc A. Lee, 28, who was killed Aug. 2 in a firefight while on patrol against insurgents in Ramadi. Navy spokesman Lt. Taylor Clark said the low number of deaths among SEALs in Iraq is a testament to their training.

Sixteen SEALs have been killed in Afghanistan. Eleven of them died in June 2005 when a helicopter was shot down near the Pakistan border while ferrying reinforcements for troops pursuing al-Qaida militants.

There are about 2,300 of the elite fighters, based in Coronado and Little Creek, Va.

The Navy is trying to boost that number by 500 a challenge considering more than 75 percent of candidates drop out of training, notorious for "Hell Week," a five-day stint of continual drills by the ocean broken by only four hours sleep total. Monsoor made it through training on his second attempt.

By THOMAS WATKINS, Associated Press Writer

----------------------------------------------
Thats the defination of a courageous hero! Thank You and Rest In Peace Michael A. Monsoor, you are a true American hero!

The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#2 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

thats the most honorable thing ive ever read man...... putting your life second is probably the hardest thing to do man.... props
ColesReturns87

#3 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

that is VERY VERY VERY (im gonna keep the very's at that, could keep goin obviously) herioc, yet i find it odd that u put a smiley face near it 'yay a guy died', i know what u mean but still
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#4 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Nov 11 2006, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is VERY VERY VERY (im gonna keep the very's at that, could keep goin obviously) herioc, yet i find it odd that u put a smiley face near it 'yay a guy died', i know what u mean but still

I dont like you very much...As a matter of fact i dont like you at all, but thats to discuss another time not in a thread honoring someone who lost their life fighting for our country..and yea you were right i put a smiley because "some guy died".. dry.gif..GROW UP!

#5 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (vilmatime51 @ Nov 11 2006, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont like you very much...As a matter of fact i dont like you at all, but thats to discuss another time not in a thread honoring someone who lost their life fighting for our country..and yea you were right i put a smiley because "some guy died".. dry.gif..GROW UP!

thats not what i meant by just some guy what i meant is like if some1 dies i dont see how u can put a smilie face near it at all
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#6 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Nov 12 2006, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats not what i meant by just some guy what i meant is like if some1 dies i dont see how u can put a smilie face near it at all

you obviously dont kno anything about the sacrifices the armed forces make for us on a daily basis and you probably take it for granted, so its ok you'll understand once you grow up..BTW since it was such a big deal for you.. the smilie was because i was proud of our country and the sacrifice this guy and other troops make for it, i was also happy that the country acknowledged his sacrifices.. there is no country like ours and many people don't realize it and take stuff like this for granted..a similiar thing happened to my uncle who was in the army, it makes you proud in a sense, but that may be difficult to understand..

#7 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

ok, thats y i said that, i understand their sacrifice, what i was saying was i misinterperted ur smilie face, and u said it just now urself that it could be easily misinterperted(or something like that) and tahts exactly what i did

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users