NYJetsFan.com Forums: Any Of You Guys Ever Have An Ulcer? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:18 PM) DeMario Davis seems like hes poised to have a breakout season at LB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:50 PM) It was nice seeing Pryor in, he made some plays. I think hes going to be the real deal and that we will hit on a stud with him
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:43 PM) The pick by Geno seemed to be more on Nelson. Nelson sat on his route. Geno threw it were he was supposed to be.
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM) Who knows though
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Any Of You Guys Ever Have An Ulcer?

#1 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:33 PM

I just found out monday that i had one (LOL The Jets loss to Buffalo had nothing to do with it). It all started saturday morning around 2:00. It woke me out of a dead drunk sleep with a pain like some one kept on punching me in my stomach. Well i`m on medication now ( Ranitidine ) and i feel much better now (wednesday). Know all i have to do is try to watch my Beer and food intake for a while. drinks.gif

#2 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:19 PM

yea i get them once in awhile, i cant fall back asleep when i get one, its like a paraylizing feeling.

IPB Image

#3 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Dec 13 2006, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea i get them once in awhile, i cant fall back asleep when i get one, its like a paraylizing feeling.
I think your getting heart burn, an ulcer is caused by heart burn.

#4 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:10 PM

its not really my chest area that hurts, its like my side of my stomach, by my appendix.

IPB Image

#5 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Dec 14 2006, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its not really my chest area that hurts, its like my side of my stomach, by my appendix.

I see
You should get that checked out.
Thats not good.

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:42 AM

Honestly I drink way too much beer but it runs in my family especially my mom's side. My Grandfather used to be not quite you're typical drunk but he loved his liquor. Heavy drinkers are definately in my family. Now I'm 28 and haven't really had a problem but I know if I don't slow down a bit it will catch up with me.

It's fucked up but I usually get 12's and I'll go through about 3 12's a week average it seems. It doesn't seem like alot to me but I know I need to slow down. I don't usually drink to get drunk but I like the buzz. A 12 usually lasts me about 2 days (mind you my girlfriend drinks a few with me) but after work and on Sundays I gotta have a beer.

#7 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:49 PM

I couldnt agree with you more about drinking some days after work and especially on Sundays . I`m 32 and i think i`m a lil too young to be getting an Ulcer i think. I told my wife that the cause of my ulcer is all you Chowd fans around me and I`m a Jets fan. cool2.gif

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Mangini`s Jets @ Dec 15 2006, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldnt agree with you more about drinking some days after work and especially on Sundays . I`m 32 and i think i`m a lil too young to be getting an Ulcer i think. I told my wife that the cause of my ulcer is all you Chowd fans around me and I`m a Jets fan. cool2.gif

hysterical.gif My boy been had an ulcer since he was about 23-24. He was and still is a fat f*** but he had poor eating habit's. Eating late night can really f*** you up and especially what you eat. You know those late nights like T 3-4-5-6 in the moring and getting a double decker greaseball burger. Slammin that down and going to bed. I kow you've done it. We all have. If you do that kind of shit enough and not enough water comsuption can really damage ya.

#9 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:16 PM

my ex used to get the from stress and they were really painfull. and they were so bad she had to have surgery to fix it, and she was one fo the healthiest eaters. the only meat she owuld eat is chicken. rarely ate fats food. all she ate was yogurt, vegetables, fruits, oatmeal, and chocolate lol. she was 5-5 120lbs and 34DD-26-36. and she was 23 at the time .so i don't think it has anything to do with eating habits. most ulcers are stress related
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Dec 16 2006, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my ex used to get the from stress and they were really painfull. and they were so bad she had to have surgery to fix it, and she was one fo the healthiest eaters. the only meat she owuld eat is chicken. rarely ate fats food. all she ate was yogurt, vegetables, fruits, oatmeal, and chocolate lol. she was 5-5 120lbs and 34DD-26-36. and she was 23 at the time .so i don't think it has anything to do with eating habits. most ulcers are stress related

They definately can be from bad eating habits. http://www.mamashealth.com/stomach.asp

#11 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Dec 16 2006, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They definately can be from bad eating habits. http://www.mamashealth.com/stomach.asp

they can be. but it doens't mean that is the reason. like i said with my ex, she was in great shape. ate really healthy, worked out 4 days a week, but still got ulcrers and she got them from stress which i believe is the main cause

actuallly looks like were both wrong

What Are Ulcers?

There is no clear evidence to suggest that the stress of modern life or a steady diet of fast food causes ulcers in the stomach and small intestine, but they are nonetheless common in our society: About one out of every 10 Americans will suffer from the burning, gnawing abdominal pain of a peptic (or gastric) ulcer sometime in life.

Peptic ulcers are holes or breaks in the protective lining of the duodenum (the upper part of the small intestine) or the stomach - areas that come into contact with stomach acids and enzymes. Duodenal ulcers are more common than stomach ulcers. Comparatively rare are esophageal ulcers, which form in the esophagus or swallowing tube and are often a result of alcohol abuse.

Until the mid-1980s, the conventional wisdom was that ulcers form as a result of stress, a genetic predisposition to excessive stomach acid secretion, and poor consumption habits (including overindulging in rich and fatty foods, alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco). It was believed that such influences contribute to a buildup of stomach acids that erode the protective lining of the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus.

While excessive stomach acid secretion certainly plays a role in the development of ulcers, a relatively recent theory holds that bacterial infection is the primary cause of peptic ulcers. Indeed, research conducted since the mid-1980s has persuasively demonstrated that the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is present in more than 90% of duodenal ulcers and approximately 80% of stomach ulcers.

Other factors also seem to contribute to ulcer formation. Overzealous use of over-the-counter painkillers (such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen), heavy alcohol use, and smoking exacerbate and may promote the development of ulcers. In fact, research indicates that heavy smokers are more prone to developing duodenal ulcers than are nonsmokers, that people who drink alcohol are more susceptible to esophageal ulcers, and that those who take aspirin frequently for a long period of time are more likely to develop stomach ulcers than those who don't.

Other studies show that stomach ulcers are more likely to develop in elderly people. This may be because arthritis is prevalent in the elderly, and alleviating arthritis pain can mean taking daily doses of aspirin or ibuprofen. Another contributing factor may be that with advancing age the pylorus (the valve between the stomach and duodoneum) relaxes and allows excess bile (a compound produced in the liver to aid in digestion) to seep up into the stomach and erode the stomach lining.

Also, for no known reason, people with type A blood are more likely to develop cancerous stomach ulcers.

Duodenal ulcers tend to appear in people with type O blood, possibly because they do not produce the substance on the surface of blood cells (hence type O) that may protect the lining of the duodenum.

Fortunately, peptic ulcers are relatively easy to treat; in many cases they are cured with antibiotics, antacids, and other medications that reduce the amount of acid produced by the stomach. There are also a variety of self-help and alternative treatments that can aid in relieving pain and in healing ulcers. Still, the dangers associated with peptic ulcers - such as anemia, profuse bleeding, and stomach cancer - are serious, so ulcers should always be monitored by your doctor.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:58 AM

I`m going in for an upper G.I. tuesday well see.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users