NYJetsFan.com Forums: Good Things - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Good Things

#21 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• 2005 Best Non-Jets Poster
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 02:22 PM)
Now you are winking at me like you got me riled up or something? I told you go after Billy the Queer not me. And of course I needed to set you straight cause you think you can attack our knowledge of football because you are a Pats fan and you are in denial.

I certainly can attack your knowledge of the Patriots.
<div class='bbimg'>IPB Image</div>

#22 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 02:22 PM)
Now you are winking at me like you got me riled up or something? I told you go after Billy the Queer not me. And of course I needed to set you straight cause you think you can attack our knowledge of football because you are a Pats fan and you are in denial.

I can certainly attack your knowledge concerning the Patriots.

#23 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:52 PM

Yeah well you haven't done it yet because you some how feel that coaching isn't a big deal yet you think your coach can do anything so yet coaching is everything at the same time so which one is it?

#24 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

Belichick is right now the best coach in the NFL, can we stop attacking him just cause he stood up the Jets?

#25 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

No because everyone wants to give all the credit to the guy in charge and no credit to the Coordinators.

Let me ask you something, who is responsible for our Defense? Herm or Donnie? Exactly what I thought. It's the Head Coaches job to hire the right people and manage situations but its the coordinators job to call the right plays and coach his side of the ball, be it personelle or playcalling.

#26 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 02:27 PM)
Yeah well you haven't done it yet because you some how feel that coaching isn't a big deal yet you think your coach can do anything so yet coaching is everything at the same time so which one is it?

The Patriots have a great head coach. The Jets have great coordinators. No coordinator has ever told Belichick how to run his team and that's why he'll be fine. He was always in charge before and is now. If you're paying close attention to the Patriots, you'd be focusing much more on the Bruschi situation which is still unresolved. Bruschi's loss WOULD be a big deal to the D and could potentially affect the Patriots much more than the playcalling situation will.

#27 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:58 PM

Ok so Donnie has all the credit for defense, Hackett all his fault for offense, what exactly was Herm doin? And don't say managing the clock.

#28 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:58 PM

That is probably the DUMBEST statement I have ever heard from anyone "claiming" to have football knowledge. You are telling me that losing 1 guy on Defense is more detrimental then losing the guy that tells your 1 guy what to play? Where is your superior logic and reasoning abilities?

#29 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jul 15 2005, 02:33 PM)
Ok so Donnie has all the credit for defense, Hackett all his fault for offense, what exactly was Herm doin? And don't say managing the clock.

I already addressed that, Herm's job is to manage the situations and boost player morale, get the most out of his players, etc...

If you think that the head coach calls the plays and this and that you are mistaken. They delegate those responsibilities to Coordinators and sometimes they will veto their opinion. Does the President deal with all the issues of government? If so why have a House of Reps or a Senate or a Court system? The President hires people when he gets elected to do certain jobs, like Secretary of Defense. Same thing with the head coach.

#30 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 02:31 PM)
No because everyone wants to give all the credit to the guy in charge and no credit to the Coordinators.

Let me ask you something, who is responsible for our Defense? Herm or Donnie? Exactly what I thought. It's the Head Coaches job to hire the right people and manage situations but its the coordinators job to call the right plays and coach his side of the ball, be it personelle or playcalling.

That's the way it works in New York and with many other teams. It's not the way it works in New England and never has. Belichick always works on the game plans. The coordinators call the routine plays but on third downs and other critical plays, The coordinators would check with Belichick first.

#31 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 02:33 PM)
That is probably the DUMBEST statement I have ever heard from anyone "claiming" to have football knowledge. You are telling me that losing 1 guy on Defense is more detrimental then losing the guy that tells your 1 guy what to play? Where is your superior logic and reasoning abilities?

It only sounds dumb because you may know the Jets but when it comes to the Patriots you don't know what you don't know.

#32 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:10 PM

Yes I know how football coaches work, but thanks for that little lesson, but Head Coaches has the final say and are responsible for the whole team. And Belichick clearly takes on more duties then most. Just accept that he is a great coach, it doesn't make you any less of a Jet fan. Intelligent fans give respect where respect is due. 3 rings earn my respect.

#33 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:13 PM

You didn't answer my question, in fact you dodged right over it so I will ask it again:

You feel that coaching isn't important because the Coordinators [ because of your personal conversations w/ Billy and cause you are at the practices and so forth ] dont do anything but what Belichick tells them to do and your head coach is the best coach to ever live because of his superior coaching skills and he is all you need. Well some people said that about Joe Gibbs, Marty, and a few others and those guys have more talent on their teams than the Pats do, so why are they not there? Because they dont have good Coordinators and this exposes them as not actually being the geniuses everyone thought them to be.

So what is it: Coaching is important, or coaching doesn't mean anything at all? Cause you can't have it both ways. You have to admit it sooner or later that Coordinators are a MAJOR part of how a team operates and that by losing your Coordinators you aren't the same Patriots.

#34 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:15 PM

I have respect for what he has done, however I respect his Coordinators which YOU wont do. Neither one of you infact will give credit where credit is due so dont give me your "little lessons".

#35 User is offline   NIGHT STALKER Icon

• Freedom Fighter/Follow Me
  • Icon
  • Interests:Family, friends, NY Jets and NY Yankees (not necessarily in that order)

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:21 PM

Nightowl, I didn't disappear from a thread. Just didn't keep up with it. I am a very busy man running a business and can't really keep up with all the responses in threads. To be honest, I can't believe I'm even engaging with a fan from another team on a Jets forum.
Some Men Are Born Brothers...Others Earn It!

#36 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Hermanator @ Jul 15 2005, 02:56 PM)
Nightowl, I didn't disappear from a thread.  Just didn't keep up with it.  I am a very busy man running a business and can't really keep up with all the responses in threads.  To be honest, I can't believe I'm even engaging with a fan from another team on a Jets forum.

Exactly ... they come in here cause they are scared of the Jets. They have been taught by the media that the Jets suck, no dont worry about the Jets, yet we were 2 f'ked up kicks from playing the Pats and I bet we wouldve won that game due to all the momentum we would've had. Playing games that were important and winning them in OT and such and just battling it out. We had amazing confidence and momentum and Pats fans fear us for that cause our team is still intact and infact got better with hiring the most successful OC in the league.

#37 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:25 PM

And there team did nothing but lose a whole bunch, but it doesn't matter. They could have the Dolphins team playing for Belicheck and they will win a Superbowl, right?

#38 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 02:48 PM)
You didn't answer my question, in fact you dodged right over it so I will ask it again:

You feel that coaching isn't important because the Coordinators [ because of your personal conversations w/ Billy and cause you are at the practices and so forth ] dont do anything but what Belichick tells them to do and your head coach is the best coach to ever live because of his superior coaching skills and he is all you need. Well some people said that about Joe Gibbs, Marty, and a few others and those guys have more talent on their teams than the Pats do, so why are they not there? Because they dont have good Coordinators and this exposes them as not actually being the geniuses everyone thought them to be.

So what is it: Coaching is important, or coaching doesn't mean anything at all? Cause you can't have it both ways. You have to admit it sooner or later that Coordinators are a MAJOR part of how a team operates and that by losing your Coordinators you aren't the same Patriots.

You're hatred of all things Belichick (and quite possibly me as well) is showing because now you're rambling. To be honest I don't have the slightest idea of what you're trying to say in this post. Care to rephrase?

#39 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 02:58 PM)
Exactly ... they come in here cause they are scared of the Jets. They have been taught by the media that the Jets suck, no dont worry about the Jets, yet we were 2 f'ked up kicks from playing the Pats and I bet we wouldve won that game due to all the momentum we would've had. Playing games that were important and winning them in OT and such and just battling it out. We had amazing confidence and momentum and Pats fans fear us for that cause our team is still intact and infact got better with hiring the most successful OC in the league.

That is out and out funny. You DO remember what happened in week 15, don't you?

#40 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:31 PM

Oh my god you are dumb so I will quote myself again:

QUOTE (For the idiot Pats fan)

If you can't understand this then I am going to end all converstation with you.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users