NYJetsFan.com Forums: Good Things - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Good Things

#61 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:36 PM

Oh trust me it was never fun ... especially when you tell us we speak without reasonability and rationality. How about an apology, or I guess since you are a fan of the "champs" you are entitled to feel the way you do:

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen)
I dunno I think Pat fans have the right to be over-biased

Don't insult me and my fellow posters and expect to not feel the heat bud. Let this be a lesson to you as to what you say around here with your pompous attitude cause this I'm not the person to get cute with. Ok?

#62 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Please read my post and don't just add things in. Not once did I say coordinators are useless. They obviously play a large role. Clearly Donnie had a large impact on the Jets. And unfortunately I do think Herm is below Belichick in term of being a coach. Can you really make an arguement that Edwards is a better coach? I did not say Belichick is the greatest coach ever, just that he is the best right now. He is on a streak that few have been on. And I think that the Pats success is more tied to him than the two coordinators that he lost. I think that Belichick will be able to replace them with two able coaches.

I know your very excited for the upcoming season as we all are but please keep a level head. Just because two coordinators are gone doesn't mean the Pats are going to loss all their composure and ability to win. Do I hope they fall apart next year? Sure, but I am being realistic. Your problem is you get to attached to your opinion and if someone doesn't agree with you, you take such offense to it that you go overboard. Just relax and realize this is just an opinion from another fan. Neither of us are experts just fans voicing their opinions. So once again no hard feelings and only time will tell how the Pats do next year.

#63 User is offline   NIGHT STALKER Icon

• Freedom Fighter/Follow Me
  • Icon
  • Interests:Family, friends, NY Jets and NY Yankees (not necessarily in that order)

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

QUOTE (nightowl @ Jul 15 2005, 02:07 PM)
I'm willing to give you a mulligan on the first part. I run a business as well and things can suddenly get very busy.  As to the second part--where's the love? hi.gif

Hey, like politics and religion, sports becomes a pissing contest when you're dealing with opponents. That's the facts of life. That is what I meant about engaging in a topic with a fan from another team. It's bad enough when opinions differ with those who you consider the "good guys", if you get my drift.
Some Men Are Born Brothers...Others Earn It!

#64 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:40 PM

You got it bud. Thanks for the hot tips. I guess I am wrong and you guys are right since neither one of you still have answered the issue at hand.

Is coaching important? Yes or no.

If it is, then losing 2 Brain-child Coordinators to HC jobs is a SERIOUS loss to a team.
If no, then Belichick isn't the reason that the Pats won Superbowls.

It's that simple. Bottom line.

And by the way, dont tell me how I feel. You told me I make people on here look stupid when neither one of you know what the hell you are talking about. It has nothing to do with "excitement".

I love this part:
QUOTE (NYJBlueHen)
So once again no hard feelings

"Hey by the way, you make all of us look stupid compared to a championship fan ( skeet skeet skeet ) I love Bill and the Pats. But dont take that PERSONALLY man."

Do me a favor and shut up, you contradict yourself left and right.

#65 User is offline   blk_orion Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:41 PM

jetson...let it go man, just let it go and breathe. In and out, one more time breathe in and out. Now grab some water, drink abit and relax. We know what you're implying as well as nightowl, he's a patsy thats just trying to make us look bad and we do the same to all 32 other team fans...so dont get carried away again...these threads will happen again from time to time and we'll need you to brace yourself b4 you go on ranting. Just wanted you to know that we have 'boys, packers, patsy, fins fans on here who will do what has transpired here. Hope you all learned from this.

#66 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:46 PM

Dude dont tell me shit please. Like I need a lesson from you on letting something go. I tried to let it go but all I get is bullshit responses. Let this be a lesson to you, dont try to reason with morons. I dont need to breathe in and out. I need someone to quit dodging the issue by telling me I am obsessed or something gay like that.

Answer the goddamned question. That's all. Quit being little pussies and hiding behind me being an overly aggressive person trying to push opinions on people cause I dont get into it very often on here.

#67 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:49 PM

Is coaching important? Yes or no.

In case some of you others want to jump in here without having any point of reference this is the issue which has not been answered because Belichick is the exception to the rule I guess. Instead of answers I got remarks about my character and how I make people on here look stupid. So now that you are up to speed and 4 pages later we are still waiting on a simple "Yes or No".

#68 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• 2005 Best Non-Jets Poster
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Kentucky Jet @ Jul 15 2005, 04:10 PM)
also well said and to the point.  What some of these GREEN sunglass wearing guys don't want to say is that BRADY is a vet QB who can and will help out in play calling.  Also a true genius on DEFENSE has simply got to know and understand a lot of OFFENSE too.  There in lies the BIG difference betwenn BELLYACHE and DUH HERM! :shout:

Bluehen has my thoughts down correctly. The Jets and the Patriots have very different hierarchies. Belichick, Weis and Crennel all grew up under Parcells who was very much the autocrat. They got used to an idea where the head coach is very much in charge of everything. There was a point with the Jets where Parcells took over all of the play calling from Weis even though he was the offensive coordinator. When Belichick put his staff together, all three understood that the Belichick would have his hand in everything like Parcells did. With the Jets, Herm seems to act more in the role of an administrator. He has very strong coordinators who seem to have a lot of autonomy in preparing the gameplan and calling plays. Both systems have worked in the past and will work well in the future. It depends on the personalities involved. Strangely enough, the Jets losing Henderson and Heimerdinger could affect the team more than the loss of Edwards. All I pointed out was that in the Patriots system the opposite was true which, while it' never a good thing to lose a coordinator let alone two, the Patriots are well equipped to deal with this and I don't think it will prove to be a huge factor for them.
<div class='bbimg'>IPB Image</div>

#69 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:57 PM

Yes or no dude because you dont know what you are talking about. The hierachy of football? Weis called the Offensive plays and EVERYONE but you 2 know that. I could understand on the defensive side you saying losing Crennel wont be an issue because of Belichicks defensive background, however EVERYONE knows that Belichick doesn't call good offensive plays. You obviously wont answer my question. I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to get you to but you just simply wont do it. So we are going to say your answer is coaching "IS" important which means losing 2 Coordinators is a SERIOUS problem for the Patriots.

#70 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

See one of my previous posts about your question about coaching, which I answered, the whole thing about Belichick being more important etc. Look I got invovled into this arguement just because I said the Pats have earned a right to be arrogant. They are the top team right now after 3 rings. Hopefully Jet fans after this year will have the bragging rights.

I don't think I've changed my view much, and once again it's just opinions. You have yours I have mine, you don't need to get so upset about it. This is what the forum is for. So fans can voice their own opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with you. I'm sure under another topic I will totally agree with you on some issue, and I'm also sure we will be on opposing sides again. So don't take it so personally.

#71 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:04 PM

And by the way, if you are choosing to use Bill Parcels as an example of a good coach that doesn't need Coordinators then tell me why they posted a 6-10 record? Tell me why the Jets went 6-10 and had a horrible DC but changed him out and went 10-6? Tell me Bill Belichick is the exception to the rule and I will tell you once again that you dont understand coaching at all.

#72 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• 2005 Best Non-Jets Poster
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 04:39 PM)
And by the way, if you are choosing to use Bill Parcels as an example of a good coach that doesn't need Coordinators then tell me why they posted a 6-10 record? Tell me why the Jets went 6-10 and had a horrible DC but changed him out and went 10-6? Tell me Bill Belichick is the exception to the rule and I will tell you once again that you dont understand coaching at all.

Bill Belichick is the exception to the rule. 5 rings.
<div class='bbimg'>IPB Image</div>

#73 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2005, 03:39 PM)

Remeber though the year before Parcells took that terrible Cowboys team to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth. That 6-10 year was in trouble from the beggining when Quincy had his drug issue and Parcells let go his starting QB causing Vinny, who should not have been starting, to be the Cowboys starter.

#74 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jul 15 2005, 04:36 PM)
See one of my previous posts about your question about coaching, which I answered, the whole thing about Belichick being more important etc. Look I got invovled into this arguement just because I said the Pats have earned a right to be arrogant. They are the  top team right now after 3 rings. Hopefully Jet fans after this year will have the bragging rights.

I don't think I've changed my view much, and once again it's just opinions. You have yours I have mine, you don't need to get so upset about it. This is what the forum is for. So fans can voice their own opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with you. I'm sure under another topic I will totally agree with you on some issue, and I'm also sure we will be on opposing sides again. So don't take it so personally.

Thanks I feel so much better since you still haven't actually answered anything. I dont really take it personally, all I want is for you two love birds to back up what you say with some sort of fact... which I have. Neither one of you are using logic at all. Instead you "claim" to know how the Pats coach their team, when sports writers, you know those people that get paid to interview coaches and teams, and everyone else knows that losing 2 Coordinators is going to hurt the Pats.

All I want is a simple Yes or No from you two. Is coaching important to the success of a football team? Yes or No. Dont give me some longwinded response that doesn't answer the question. Cause all you are saying is that the Pats are different from everyone else and that Bill has been calling offensive plays for years and defensive plays for years. Well I think that Notre Dame and The Browns would seriously disagree with you.

#75 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jul 15 2005, 04:42 PM)
Remeber though the year before Parcells took that terrible Cowboys team to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth. That 6-10 year was in trouble from the beggining when Quincy had his drug issue and Parcells let go his starting QB causing Vinny, who should not have been starting, to be the Cowboys starter.

You are telling me that Quincy is the reason the Cowboys had a losing season? HAHAHA Quincy doesn't even have a job right now. He couldn't even run our offense. Vinny threw for more yards than Quincy did and had almost the exact same TD/INT ratio so I doubt that had anything to do with the situation.

2003 Quincy Carter - 3302 yards / 17 TDs / 21 INTs
2004 Vinny T - 3532 yards / 17 TDs / 20 INTs

#76 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:16 PM

Are you not reading my posts ? I've answered your question about 5 times now. Yes the Pats coordinators were important. Yes coaching is important. Belichick is still the coach. The new coordinators are coming from within the system. The Pats will not collapse into a 6-10 team because the two coordinators are gone. This is getting old. Your question has been answered again. I'm going to work. It's been fun, see you in another topic.

#77 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

JetsOn, you're being absolutely ridiculous! You've been arguing with yourself for the past several posts and everyone is basically shaking their head at you. Come on, can't we just have simple conversations and understand that these are opinions!!! Nightowl thinks Belichik can handle the coaching, so what, just give him your opinion and leave it. Don't go ranting and raving about how nightowl wants to be Belichik's gay partner and BS like that. Note: calling someone gay is the biggest sign of immaturity and will get you no respect.

Please don't write back saying how I'm gay too and I wanna sleep with Belichik and nightowl together or some crap like that. Let's just leave this one be!
Posted Image

#78 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jul 15 2005, 04:53 PM)
JetsOn, you're being absolutely ridiculous!  You've been arguing with yourself for the past several posts and everyone is basically shaking their head at you.  Come on, can't we just have simple conversations and understand that these are opinions!!!  Nightowl thinks Belichik can handle the coaching, so what, just give him your opinion and leave it.  Don't go ranting and raving about how nightowl wants to be Belichik's gay partner and BS like that.  Note: calling someone gay is the biggest sign of immaturity and will get you no respect. 

Please don't write back saying how I'm gay too and I wanna sleep with Belichik and nightowl together or some crap like that.  Let's just leave this one be!

It's jets0n not JetsOn for starters. And number 2, I have not been argueing with myself you idiot. And thank you for finally answering my questions however contradicting yourself again NYJBlueHen. Atleast you admitted that you just contradicted yourself. Next up is the Pats fan and then I can let it rest. And I could give a shit if someone is "shaking their head" at me. The fact is I was told my posts are not rational yet I tried to get a rational response and all I got was flaming from both of those morons. If you think you wanna play mediator and jump into it by flaming me too, come right in. Otherwise shut up and mind your own business.

#79 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:31 PM

Dear NFL Analysis, especially ESPN:

I’m a big NFL fan, a follower for years and for the years to come. But it seems

every year my team, the Jets, have been forgotten about, they’re always supposed to do

bad and you ESPN, knows what I am talking about. Once again that’s supposed to happen

again, but I know the 2005 season is the year for the Jets. It has been a long time since

This team is loaded, full of talent. Not only talent, but almost all of their talent is

young. Take Jonathan Vilma, their middle linebacker, for example. Last year he won the

2004 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award thanks to recording 105 tackles and 3

interceptions. So this will be his second year, and he has more understanding of the game.

Eric Barton has played for many years, and can teach Vilma some tricks he has learned

these past few years of his. Same thing with quarterback Jay Fiedler, he can teach young

Chad Pennington. They actually have this whole young and old thing going on at every

position, the old being able to help the young. But only 1 older guy at each position to

teach the young guys.

While the Jets are only getting better, other teams are only getting worse, and

there are A LOT of teams getting worse. The Vikings, Cowboys, Chiefs, Chargers, and

Ravens are the only teams that can compete. The Jets beat the Chargers both times they

played, in San Diego. This time they’ll play in New York, facing an even better Jets team

than last year, while the Chargers might lose a star and they lost a good player. The

Chiefs have an amazing offense and improved their defense, but their defense still has a

few holes. Their amazing offensive line is getting old, and superstar running back Priest

Holmes got a bad injury, one of his many over the past 7 years he’s played. I’d doubt he

has much oil left in the tank. The Vikings are going to be unstoppable most likely when

you look at the names, but then comes age. Their secondary needed help last year, which

they have picked up, the only problem is that their talent is older. They should do great

but the only time the Jets would face off with them would be if the Vikings get to the

Super Bowl, key word if.

This Jets team can explode, thanks to new offensive coordinator Mike

Hermerdinger. He has a new offense that will take more risks downfield in the passing

game, something Paul Hackett, the old offensive coordinator, almost never did, but when

he did they were usually GREAT plays. Quarterback Chad Pennington will be reunited

with wide receiver Laveranues Coles. In 2002 Pennington’s first full year season, people

compared the duo to Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning, the best at that time. But

Pennington missed a few games, and this was under the Hackett era, yet he threw for

3,120 yards, 1,290 of those going to Coles. Coles went away for 2 years, but is back and

means business. With the great arm of Pennington’s used seldom under Hackett, we can

see it in full light now, since he was rarely allowed to throw deep, but when he did, forget

about it. Coles has the speed and hands to get those long passes, so they can easily fit in

the new offense.

So to all NFL analysis, start watching the Jets. With young talent, other teams

worsening, and an explosive offense for the first time, the Jets will go the distance. ESPN

should especially take note on this, you make the Jets seem horrible.

Yours truly,

I wrote this for school, getting a 95% (damn semi-colons), and this is why we will win it all. This was before Jolley and the draft, so that only helped and now Law is probably gonna sigh with us.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#80 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jul 15 2005, 04:51 PM)
Yes the Pats coordinators were important. Yes coaching is important...The Pats will not collapse into a 6-10 team because the two coordinators are gone.

So they are important but they aren't important cause there is gonna be no effect on them leaving. They are important when they are there but now that they are gone it's no big deal.

For all of you onlookers this is exactly what I have been attempting to draw out. No logic, no reasoning, no rational thought. I know to some of these people I look like an *beep* and that's fine. But it wouldn't have taken all of this if they would've answered my question instead of telling me I have anger management issues and that I am a "cyber bully" and that I make people on here look stupid cause this idiot Pats fan thinks that we don't know football. Cause in no way whatsoever did I advocate the Jets were gonna be better than the Pats. My point was the Pats are NOT the same team they were so this has nothing to do with opposing fans disagreeing.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users