NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Wish We Took Mcneil Instead Of D'brick - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I Wish We Took Mcneil Instead Of D'brick Ignore i've changed my mind

#1 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:53 PM

I'm watching the SD game and I see McNeil run up feild in from of LT and lay out a block. I thought this guy wasnt supposed to be athletic and he couldnt run upfeild. That was the only advantage D'Brick had over this guy, the ability to go upfield and block. But here this guy goes and does this. Oh well. Maybe Ferguson will beef up this offseason and become awsome. I know it was only his rookie season but hey this guys a rookie too.

#2 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

I'm know what your saying but you can't post this because every time someone does everybody gets mad. I get you though.

Thanks for the Memories

#3 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Fatman @ Jan 14 2007, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm know what your saying but you can't post this because every time someone does everybody gets mad. I get you though.

Yeah i was just pointing it out to the people who said McNeil isnt athletic

#4 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

dbrick will get better it was his first season he gonna have to put more weight on just give it time

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

scouting and drafts arent' perfect. everyteam cousl say they'd rather have this person or that person. get over it. its not like brick sucked
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

I'd rather have D-Brick...McNeill has a degenerative back problem which kept him out of the top 10 so he prob wont be around for over 10 years like Brick..
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#7 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

i looked to the side of this topic just to check if this was a topic by evanston cause this kinda topic he would start (no offense), but u do have a valid point. yes he is better right now but hey what can u do, its not like d'brick is bad and he'll get better too so.
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#8 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (cmart=the best @ Jan 14 2007, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm watching the SD game and I see McNeil run up feild in from of LT and lay out a block. I thought this guy wasnt supposed to be athletic and he couldnt run upfeild. That was the only advantage D'Brick had over this guy, the ability to go upfield and block. But here this guy goes and does this. Oh well. Maybe Ferguson will beef up this offseason and become awsome. I know it was only his rookie season but hey this guys a rookie too.

That was not an advantage Brick had over McNeill. It was already established before the draft that Brick was not a great run blocker. They drafted him to shut down the better DEs in football, not to throw blocks downfield. I haven't watched too much of SD this year so I'm not gonna say that Brick was better than Mcneill. I will say that they are both rookies and Brick has much more room for improvement than Mcneill.

#9 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Jan 14 2007, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i looked to the side of this topic just to check if this was a topic by evanston cause this kinda topic he would start (no offense), but u do have a valid point. yes he is better right now but hey what can u do, its not like d'brick is bad and he'll get better too so.

yea at least i give good points. I actually thought about it now and im glad we took D'Brick because he has a lot of potential and i trust he'll have a great work ethic to get him to elite from. ive changed my mind. I'm gonna put like a sub title that says ignore

ignore.gif me for making this topic it was very evanstonish. I will repent to Brad Smith. lol

#10 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (cmart=the best @ Jan 14 2007, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea at least i give good points. I actually thought about it now and im glad we took D'Brick because he has a lot of potential and i trust he'll have a great work ethic to get him to elite from. ive changed my mind. I'm gonna put like a sub title that says ignore

ignore.gif me for making this topic it was very evanstonish. I will repent to Brad Smith. lol

I was actually gonna post that I thought this was written by Evanston haha
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

not going to lie, yes mcneil has outplayed ferugson this season but i think ferguson will be the better pro down the road. mcneil has that spinal problem might not be around that long.

IPB Image

#12 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

Sigh.
How was Mike Tannenbaum supposed to know that McNeill would adjust more quickly to the NFL? It frustrates me when people talk about what we SHOULD have done.
NO.
That is part of the past. We didn't. The end.
Besides, D'Brickashaw showed alot of potential. He's just under the spotlight, being in New York and number 4 overall. Give him time, he'll be better.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#13 User is online   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 15 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
scouting and drafts arent' perfect. everyteam cousl say they'd rather have this person or that person. get over it. its not like brick sucked

iagree.gif McNeill was never going to go in the top 10 and Brick was projected to go then and the Chargers picked him up in the middle of round 2 meaning a whole lot of teams didn't feel he could be a low 1st rounder and I'd rather have Mangold than McNeill too.

#14 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

Hindsight is 20/20...dur...

Yeah maybe we could have gotten Haloti Ngata in the first...and than Mangold and McNeill...that would have been nice...but what are you gonna do? We can bitch all day about this?

I still think D'Brick has the better long term prospects. McNeill has pretty much maxed out his ability. Brick hasn't even come close to what he's capable of. When the training crew get more time build him up...Brick will be unstoppable...and a lot better than McNeill.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:21 PM

I think D-Brick has to be a new breed of OT.......walter jones, ogden etc.....they have trouble with guys like freeney and merriman but he was solid in his pass blocking all year for a rookie....dont be discouraged because mcneil played on a o-line with a bunch of solid vets and benifited from this.......... D-Brick had to learn on the fly
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (vilmatime51 @ Jan 14 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd rather have D-Brick...McNeill has a degenerative back problem which kept him out of the top 10 so he prob wont be around for over 10 years like Brick..

Exactly! maybe right now McNeill looks like the better prospect Brick will last alot longer. Big huge nasties like him will always be hindered by back problems especially if he was it early in his career. I can really see him deteriorating in the next few years while Brick is still strong and ready to go.

#17 User is offline   kenxnice Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

there's diff kind of OLine guys, you pick one to protect the QB or you pick one to protect the RB it is RARE that you can find an OLINE that does both and does it consistantly - i really miss what his name kevin mawai
"can you feel whats about to happen on this field, can ya'll feel thay?"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users