NYJetsFan.com Forums: Colt Brennan Enters Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
FlyHiJets Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Colt Brennan Enters Draft

#21 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 16 2007, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK...I would consider saying I have no commone sense and calling the idea in my post "utter stupidity" a personal attack...and I see no need for it. However...it's a matter of opinion...you don't have to agree with it. No one on here he is saying we should abandon Clemens. But he is far from a sure thing...and given the talent depth at QB this year...it would probably be a good idea to bring in another one...considering a decent guy can be had in the later rounds. If we can grab good camp competition in the 6th round you would really be opposed to it?

And I forgive you for thinking that Chris Mortensen represents every team in the NFL...and for thinking that Colt Brennan...according to everyone else in the world...is the consensus #3 QB in the draft....

I think you take advantage of what the draft gives you...if it gives you a good QB in the 6th round...and you in no way shape or form have the guranteed long term answer at QB...why wouldn't you do it?

it isn't opinion. I wasn't attacking u. sorry if U took it personally or felt that it was directed at u but it was directed at the idea of drafting a qb.

If u noticed i didnt reply to your post when i said all that so in now way was it connected directly to u. doesnt matter if its your post i was talkin bout the idea not any person. I never said hurrcan jet is stupid for thinking this or anything like that.

again i didnt say anyones name or direct it at any person. IT WAS AT AN IDEA.

so sorry if u took it upon u to be hurt but I neva attacked u. stop being so sensative.

Chad= Cheerleader

#22 User is offline   HartAttack Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 16 2007, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
numero quartro: I did explain myself. It is stupid to draft a qb this year because the Jets JUST drafted Clemens in the 2nd round last year. Drafting a qb no matter what round the year after u drafted a different qb shows NO confidence. And if people arent writing Clemens off it sure as hell seems like it. Poeple wanna draft a qb this year cus they r good but dont wanna give Clemens a chance to start this year because pennington is there. Whats the point of having the otha qb? To have him sit foreva after Clemens finally gets a chance to show himself. honestly it serves no purpose to draft a qb. Even if u only wanted him as a 3rd stringer u can sign any FA as a 3rd stringer i mean comon.

so heres the scenario for ya, and its truly HYPOTHETICAL. Penny gets hurt (its happened before) and Clemens comes in, does either bad (we have never seen him in a true game against a first team for more than a drive or two) or he gets hurt (which is why his stock dropped in the draft, he was hurt his senior season) then who do you use? Brooks? Ramsey? A random 3rd stringer who we all know is just a stop gap? Or do you use the qb you took in the 5th or 6th round and hes young, comes in, and could be the same thing we are all hoping Clemens can be? Tom Brady anyone? I hate to say him as much as all you do but why not us too? We are just saying, you can get a very talented qb in the late rounds. Best player available, thats what you do in the late rounds! So we have Clemens, we arent writing him off. Why cant he have competition with more than just the old pennington? Why not get two young qbs and see which one blooms better? Id much rather have two young guns who we can hope to be our franchise than just having one and putting all our eggs in one basket. Its like college, your told not to just apply to one, you should have a few so you have a choice and see which one turns out the best! Thats the end of my opinion

#23 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

I've only seen him a few times since he's from hawai and im no expert on QBs but when i was watching this guy he has very weird mechnics. He kinda side arms it on every throw, even though he's very acuarte I'm pretty sure a QB is supposed to have their elbow up. The funny thing is he kinda reminds me A LOT of chad except more mobile. Because i dont see him extending the feild in this clip he does a lot of dink and dunk. It also seems like the WR do a lot of the work. Take a look if you dont believe me . http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rjWnELtRvhE

#24 User is offline   BradSmith16 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:47 PM

We have a 3rd qb in smith at least whatever you think of his ability to start he can at least be 3rd qb and save us money so we can resign or go get some at a position we actually need.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#25 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (BradSmith16 @ Jan 16 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have a 3rd qb in smith at least whatever you think of his ability to start he can at least be 3rd qb and save us money so we can resign or go get some at a position we actually need.

I should have known this was coming...
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

yea but we have, pennington, smith and ramsey some1 said his contract is over so, and clemens, well actually now that i think about it, we got clemens, and i said that we should maybe get a QB in the later rounds cause ramsey's gone but now i rememeber clemens so i dont think we need to, and jetsfan9009, i was one of those ppl saying we didnt needd aQB, however i didnt know ramsey was gonna be gone after this year. however no i dont think we need a QB cause we got clemens, however if we do get a QB and their isnt some1 else on the board who i think we need over a QB, then i wont have a problem with the pick
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#27 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Jan 16 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea but we have, pennington, smith and ramsey some1 said his contract is over so, and clemens, well actually now that i think about it, we got clemens, and i said that we should maybe get a QB in the later rounds cause ramsey's gone but now i rememeber clemens so i dont think we need to, and jetsfan9009, i was one of those ppl saying we didnt needd aQB, however i didnt know ramsey was gonna be gone after this year. however no i dont think we need a QB cause we got clemens, however if we do get a QB and their isnt some1 else on the board who i think we need over a QB, then i wont have a problem with the pick

Whoa...what have you been smoking...haha...I've never seen such scattered thoughts in a post before...spread the love man...
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Jan 16 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ramsey has another year on his deal, he signed a 1 year extension to the deal he was traded here on. But there are rumors of him being cut. I personaly dont like Ramsey, I really think that he isnt good at all. Clemens will defintely be the back up this year. But I think that if Ramsey does get cut, then we should draft a QB in the later rounds to be a back up, and also maybe he can be a starter, because if you look at it, alot of the QBs that are starting were drafted in later rounds to be back ups, they were once 3rd string QBs, but proved to be good and worked their way up. Examples, Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Tom Brady, Tony Romo(He was undrafted though) Those are some of the higher profile ones, but taking a QB when you really dont need too isnt that bad of a idea, taking one like in the 6th round or 5th. I am sure that Mr.T will make sure most of our needs are filled by the time of the draft, and then we will see that we dont have as many needs as we do right now.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (HartAttack @ Jan 16 2007, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so heres the scenario for ya, and its truly HYPOTHETICAL. Penny gets hurt (its happened before) and Clemens comes in, does either bad (we have never seen him in a true game against a first team for more than a drive or two) or he gets hurt (which is why his stock dropped in the draft, he was hurt his senior season) then who do you use? Brooks? Ramsey? A random 3rd stringer who we all know is just a stop gap? Or do you use the qb you took in the 5th or 6th round and hes young, comes in, and could be the same thing we are all hoping Clemens can be? Tom Brady anyone? I hate to say him as much as all you do but why not us too? We are just saying, you can get a very talented qb in the late rounds. Best player available, thats what you do in the late rounds! So we have Clemens, we arent writing him off. Why cant he have competition with more than just the old pennington? Why not get two young qbs and see which one blooms better? Id much rather have two young guns who we can hope to be our franchise than just having one and putting all our eggs in one basket. Its like college, your told not to just apply to one, you should have a few so you have a choice and see which one turns out the best! Thats the end of my opinion

i know its hypothetical but thats why u either keep Ramsey or sign a veteran qb as your third stringer. Brad Johnson might be available since Jaskons is taking over in Minnisota. Putting a rookie out thur would be way worse than a veteran unless the rookie was Tom Brady. But thats 1 in a million happening.

Chad= Cheerleader

#30 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 16 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I should have known this was coming...

iagree.gif hysterical.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 17 2007, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know its hypothetical but thats why u either keep Ramsey or sign a veteran qb as your third stringer. Brad Johnson might be available since Jaskons is taking over in Minnisota. Putting a rookie out thur would be way worse than a veteran unless the rookie was Tom Brady. But thats 1 in a million happening.

iagree.gif All good QB situations IMO require a starter, young backup and a veteran backup. Look at Tampa Bay this year: Simms goes down injured and Gruden throws in Gradkowski and whilst he started a number of games he wasn't great, which led to them switching to Tim Rattay the last couple of games who was relatively effective.
Rookies generally struggle their first year in the league and late round or non-drafted QBs generally require a couple's years experience before they turn good. Look at Romo, Delhomme, Bulger, Warner, Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson, Trent Green. These guys didn't come in and excel in their rookie years, it took time for them to develop.
The chances of striking gold with a late round rookie in his first season is rare.

#32 User is offline   green_blood Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

please tell me you are joking. just prove to me that you at least have some self-respect for yourself, rather than continually making a complete jackass out of yourself, just to be a jackass. id rather have it that you actually believe in smith as a qb, not this continual bullshit you spew out of your ass everyday.

#33 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 16 2007, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the reason you don't keep Ramsey or sign a veteran is it's too expensive for a third stringer. They brought in Ramsey because they thought that Chad's arm might be totally shot, rendering him virtually useless. As bad as Ramsey is, he has the tools and experience to at least be a backup in this league. Clemens overtook Ramsey as the backup late in the season, so it's clear that Mangini isn't too big on Ramsey. They should try and trade him. I bet they could get a 6th or 7th rounder from a team that needs a backup. The upside of drafting a QB late is they come very cheap. The downside is that QB is not really a need and the Jets don't have a 4th or 7th rounder. Even so, I'd like to see them draft one late.

#34 User is offline   HartAttack Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 17 2007, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brad Johnson wont come cheap since he will want to be at least a backup or a starter somewhere else. My question to you is what do you really expect to get out of our 6th round pick? With all the talent in this years qb pool you take a young guy who is going to come cheap and will be good for a while. Chad wont be here forever let alone much longer (just my opinion) and if we get a good cheap backup here we have the backup for Clemens or maybe even the guy who will overtake him. If you sign a vet he is a stop gap backup, if you get a rookie he can be a great backup for us after a few years. And in response to someone else (cant remember who) Im for getting a late qb so we have a good qb competition which everyone seems to love between Clemens and Penny. When Penny cant play I want another young gun to keep Clemens on his feet and so he knows if he messes up or doesnt perform we have someone who we have confidence in to be the future of the team. If you get a vet he knows he doesnt have to worry about the vet being the long term solution, but with a rookie he always needs to watch his back. Matt Schaub and Vick is what im lookin at here.

#35 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (HartAttack @ Jan 17 2007, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brad Johnson wont come cheap since he will want to be at least a backup or a starter somewhere else. My question to you is what do you really expect to get out of our 6th round pick? With all the talent in this years qb pool you take a young guy who is going to come cheap and will be good for a while. Chad wont be here forever let alone much longer (just my opinion) and if we get a good cheap backup here we have the backup for Clemens or maybe even the guy who will overtake him. If you sign a vet he is a stop gap backup, if you get a rookie he can be a great backup for us after a few years. And in response to someone else (cant remember who) Im for getting a late qb so we have a good qb competition which everyone seems to love between Clemens and Penny. When Penny cant play I want another young gun to keep Clemens on his feet and so he knows if he messes up or doesnt perform we have someone who we have confidence in to be the future of the team. If you get a vet he knows he doesnt have to worry about the vet being the long term solution, but with a rookie he always needs to watch his back. Matt Schaub and Vick is what im lookin at here.

Brad Johnson wont be cheap???? HE WAS THE LOWEST PAID STARTING QB IN THE ENTIRE NFL THIS YEAR!! what do u mean he wont come cheap? He was gettin paid between $700,000 and $560,000(league minimum), thats pretty dam cheap to me. He knows he cant start in Minnisota anymore so he wouldnt cost more. Plus no one is gunna pay him more as a backup if he played for less as a starter.

comon.

Chad= Cheerleader

#36 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

Remember Clemens is most likely the back up QB this year, Ramsey is a 3rd stringer for us next year. Because Clemens has been in the league for 1 year now and has a offseason to work. He should be the #2 QB now, and if Chad does go down we want Clemens in because he is the future. Plus Ramsey sucks.
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 17 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brad Johnson wont be cheap???? HE WAS THE LOWEST PAID STARTING QB IN THE ENTIRE NFL THIS YEAR!! what do u mean he wont come cheap? He was gettin paid between $700,000 and $560,000(league minimum), thats pretty dam cheap to me. He knows he cant start in Minnisota anymore so he wouldnt cost more. Plus no one is gunna pay him more as a backup if he played for less as a starter.

comon.

Brad Johnson is not gonna want to be a third string QB. He will probably also be looking for more money than a 3rd stringer should get. IMO, the Jets should just be looking for a 3rd QB who is cheap. Let's face it, if it comes down to the third QB, your season is probably over anyway...

#38 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 17 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

comon.

Just out of curiosity...where did you get those numbers from?

And why do I always feel like you are yelling in your posts?
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:51 PM

I get that feeling too.

#40 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon