NYJetsFan.com Forums: Alan Branch - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) you wanna get nuts?!?! COME ON LETS GET NUTS
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) LUDOGRETS CHOO CHOOO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) PARADE FOR RAIL
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) ludogorets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) #PARADEFORRAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) dont think we'll get the result we need
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) RAUL BEST EVER!!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) this messi guy pfff not even a top lad
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Today, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Alan Branch

#21 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 17 2007, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do me a favor and burn the stat book...

Stats will never show what a defensive linemen does in the 3-4. Shaun Ellis didn't control the line of scrimmage the way Seymour did. Ellis did a good job, no doubt, but he is part of the run defense problem...not the biggest part, obviously, but a part of it.

Not saying that Ellis is as good as Seymour in the 3-4. But dont you think that kind of the reason that Ellis didnt dominate the line is because he was the only threat on the line? When Seymour had Warren, and Wilfork with him. When Warren didnt play against us the 2nd time, thats when we beat them. Though Seymour ended up coming out, but still we were winning when he did. Seymour is injury prone too, he played only 2 full seasons during his career. Atleast he is sort of injury prone. crazy.gif
Plus Seymour is more built for the 3-4, Ellis is a better pass rusher, but Seymour is better verse the run, he is bigger then Ellis. Ellis gained weight though, I heard he weighed in over 295 at the begginning of the season, Seymour is over 310. Man though, if I could take one person from the Pats defense it would be Seymour in a heart beat!
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 17 2007, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not saying that Ellis is as good as Seymour in the 3-4. But dont you think that kind of the reason that Ellis didnt dominate the line is because he was the only threat on the line? When Seymour had Warren, and Wilfork with him. When Warren didnt play against us the 2nd time, thats when we beat them. Though Seymour ended up coming out, but still we were winning when he did. Seymour is injury prone too, he played only 2 full seasons during his career. Atleast he is sort of injury prone. crazy.gif
Plus Seymour is more built for the 3-4, Ellis is a better pass rusher, but Seymour is better verse the run, he is bigger then Ellis. Ellis gained weight though, I heard he weighed in over 295 at the begginning of the season, Seymour is over 310. Man though, if I could take one person from the Pats defense it would be Seymour in a heart beat!

Yeah...exactly...

I'm not bashing Ellis, I think he's a good player...and he's been more than adequate in the 3-4. But he still isn't a perfect fit for it....and contrary to what everyone is saying I heard he actually slimmed down in the offseason? Correction?

I think Ellis is a fine starter for us and should continue to be for another couple years. But he is 30 years old...and we could definitely use a bigger body to rotate in with Ellis...in my opinion.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   JetsRLife Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

I LOVE BRANSH. i have him ranked after calvin as the #2 prospect. true game changer. dominant. i would be willing to give up alot to trade up for him. superb physical abilities.
IPB Image
The Newest Member Of The J-E-T-S!!!

#24 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

Okoye is better than branch.........Branch is dropping fast because alot of people are saying he cant do one thing particulary well.....Okoye does alot of things well
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#25 User is offline   JetsRLife Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

are u kidding me. brnahs can do everything well. i didn;t knwo that being good at everything and having a balanced attack was a bad thing. btw okeye is nice but people are overrating him cuz he's a 20 year old senior and you probably only watched him the is the bowl game. he just had a really good game but there are some games where he doesn;t do much but i would love to have okye as well but no way in hell is he better than bransh.
IPB Image
The Newest Member Of The J-E-T-S!!!

#26 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (JetsRLife @ Jan 17 2007, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are u kidding me. brnahs can do everything well. i didn;t knwo that being good at everything and having a balanced attack was a bad thing. btw okeye is nice but people are overrating him cuz he's a 20 year old senior and you probably only watched him the is the bowl game. he just had a really good game but there are some games where he doesn;t do much but i would love to have okye as well but no way in hell is he better than bransh.

"Branch just is not a big time playmaker. He is not an explosive penetrator and will not make many plays on his own. He also needs to continue to refine his technique as he can rely on his size too much to make plays."--Robert Davis

http://www.footballs...lan_branch.html

I'm not denying that he isnt good but you cant really expect much out of him other than to eat up space which is good for a NT but okoye can do that and is more athletic

#27 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

I see branch as more of a one gap penetrator, I don't see him succeeding in 3-4 as a NT.-He has the size but it's not really his forte, taking up space and controlling the line of scrimmage.

Thanks for the Memories

#28 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 17 2007, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Branch just is not a big time playmaker. He is not an explosive penetrator and will not make many plays on his own. He also needs to continue to refine his technique as he can rely on his size too much to make plays."--Robert Davis

http://www.footballs...lan_branch.html

I'm not denying that he isnt good but you cant really expect much out of him other than to eat up space which is good for a NT but okoye can do that and is more athletic

If you think Alan Branch is going to eat up space you're going to be dissapointed...

He isn't a NT...and isn't a space eater or gap clogger...

He is a penetrator. And yes I agree he doesn't do one thing exceptionally well...but he does everything good and would be a fantastic DE for us...like Seymour...or better.

Comparing Alan Branch and Amobi Okoye is impossible...they're different types of players...it's like saying a power RB is too slow or a speed RB isn't powerful enough...they're different!
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 18 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you think Alan Branch is going to eat up space you're going to be dissapointed...

He isn't a NT...and isn't a space eater or gap clogger...

He is a penetrator. And yes I agree he doesn't do one thing exceptionally well...but he does everything good and would be a fantastic DE for us...like Seymour...or better.

Comparing Alan Branch and Amobi Okoye is impossible...they're different types of players...it's like saying a power RB is too slow or a speed RB isn't powerful enough...they're different!

I agree he would be a better DE but how can someone who is 6-6 and 320 not be a space-eater.....thats like an oxymoron and is the reason why Tedrel Sands is high on alot of peoples FA wish-list....

#30 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 18 2007, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree he would be a better DE but how can someone who is 6-6 and 320 not be a space-eater.....thats like an oxymoron and is the reason why Tedrel Sands is high on alot of peoples FA wish-list....

Once again, size is not all that matters. Dewayne is around 320 and is not a space eater. I don't know much about Branch, but just being big doesn't make you a space eater. It's about technique.

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 18 2007, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reference Vandelay's post...haha...yeah he nailed it...it's about style of play...
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users