NYJetsFan.com Forums: 2 Round Nfldraftcountdown Mock Updated - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 07:59 AM) He doesn't develop anything on offense.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) Do we win or do we just lay down and lose and lose bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) Discuss!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:36 PM) I think that the JETS will try but they won't try hard enough to win and they will lose even though losing won't affect our draft position much
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) GAMETIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:57 PM) Lose the next 2
santana Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) Dat skyrtel forehead
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 Round Nfldraftcountdown Mock Updated 1/18/07

#1 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:14 PM

They have us taking:

DE/OLB Jarvis Moss
RB Kenny Irons
DE Ikiala Alama-Francis

http://www.nfldraftc.../mockdraft.html

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

I kind of like that one...minus the Kenny Irons pick. That guy is a bum in my opinion!

Hell...I'd rather see Brian Leonard...or even Michael Bush that Kenny Irons!!!

Only problem is the reports of the Jets moving D Rob to DE...meaning we probably wouldn't take on that early. But I wouldn't rule it out either...

Moss would really improve our linebacking corps...because as many of us speculate...Hobson could move inside...those 4 would be a strength of the defense.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:27 PM

I'd like Moss there, and if the draft plays out like that then I'd like Spencer or Woodley where he has us taking Irons. Even though Francis from Hawaii is a nice big body to place at DE. And then maybe a RB with our 3rd pick. I'm nice crazy about Irons, but if he runs well in his workouts I could see him and Leon being a nice combo.

#4 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

i like our picks especially moss that guy killed troy smith with the exception of kenny irons......the guy reminds me of Darius "Frank" walker...he's the next coming of kevin faulk.....but besides that i dont like this mock draft all that much....they got brady quinn going third to the brown but he'll probably go 10-15 the way leinart slipped before the draft last year.....and wow they have us taking irons over bush thats crazy
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#5 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:47 PM

I'd rather see our first picks looking like this in the second round, with Moss being our first:

2nd round A: Michael Bush
2nd round B: Brian Leonard

Brian Leonard I think would be great for Pennington. Leonard is the type of fullback that catches balls on short passes, and as we all know, thats what Chad does. Bush would help out our running game, and we could then drop Barlow, and have the likes of Washington, and Houston. I think also, if we do draft Jarvis Moss, our front 7 would look like:

DE Robertson
NT Sands (oakland)
DE Ellis

OLB Thomas
ILB Vilma
ILB Barton/Hobson
OLB Moss

I think we should trade Barton because he's older than Vilma, and he's still I believe in his prime. If we could get one of the big two corners in free agency (Samuel/Clements). We'd be good there. Then all we would need to fix probably is our Right Tackle position.

Our needs basically this offseason are:

RB
NT
DE
FB
OLB
CB

With the money we have we can fix all those position this offseason.

#6 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 18 2007, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like our picks especially moss that guy killed troy smith with the exception of kenny irons......the guy reminds me of Darius "Frank" walker...he's the next coming of kevin faulk.....but besides that i dont like this mock draft all that much....they got brady quinn going third to the brown but he'll probably go 10-15 the way leinart slipped before the draft last year.....and wow they have us taking irons over bush thats crazy

I'd be surprised if Quinn fell past Detroit at 2, let alone the Browns at 3. I'd be shocked if he fell like Lienhart did last year. I hope everyone learned how dumb it was to pass on Lienhart. I can bet the Raiders are kicking themselves. So I really don't think Quinn falls very far, hell he still has a great shot at going number 1.

#7 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:04 PM

I agree. Bush is a hoss. He finds the endzone and he's a big boy with some decent speed. I don't think the Jets pick another undersized back. They want a big bodied guy IMO to compliment Washington. No way do they pick Irons over Bush.

And I agree about Leonard. He'd be a good addition to the Offense. I'm not sold on Askew as a "blocking" fullback. I'm not sure how good Leonard is at that either so if he isn't a LB punisher then I don't want him because where would we use him? We need to amp up the running game and get more physical/violent in the process. Drafting Bush and a hard ass FB should take care of that issue. I'd rather see the Jets run game be punishing than anything else. Punishment through the run game is what won the Steelers a Superbowl along with a punishing Defense.

#8 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jan 18 2007, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be surprised if Quinn fell past Detroit at 2, let alone the Browns at 3. I'd be shocked if he fell like Lienhart did last year. I hope everyone learned how dumb it was to pass on Lienhart. I can bet the Raiders are kicking themselves. So I really don't think Quinn falls very far, hell he still has a great shot at going number 1.

im not knockiing on Quinn becuz i actually think people dont realize that he played with no o-line............but the raiders are known for never taking rookie QB's in the 1st rd and raiders fans want them to take Calvin Johnson who is the no.1 player coming out and Jamarcus Russell is still ahead of him on every draft board...and after the browns there is not really any team who doesnt already have a QB..........in 04 Aaron Rodgers was supposed to get no.1 but slipped to 25 in a similar situation..

#9 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

Yeah really. Why is it that they think Davis wont select the best QB in the draft? Just because Russell has a big arm doesn't mean he's a better QB and to just judge his performance in 1 game at the end of the season... that's when people make mistakes. Sure he's got a big arm but I question his ability to be a real winner. A guy that can carry a team on his back and stand in the pocket and manage a pro offense. He's done none of that this year and Brady Quinn has done it two years in a row. Heisman trophy candidate... what more can you say? He should go number 1 overall and if he doesn't then Al Davis should just sell that Franchise because they'll suck for even a longer period of time.

My point: Russell is no where near #1 overall talent. Plain and simply put.

#10 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 18 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah really. Why is it that they think Davis wont select the best QB in the draft? Just because Russell has a big arm doesn't mean he's a better QB and to just judge his performance in 1 game at the end of the season... that's when people make mistakes. Sure he's got a big arm but I question his ability to be a real winner. A guy that can carry a team on his back and stand in the pocket and manage a pro offense. He's done none of that this year and Brady Quinn has done it two years in a row. Heisman trophy candidate... what more can you say? He should go number 1 overall and if he doesn't then Al Davis should just sell that Franchise because they'll suck for even a longer period of time.

cough..cough..Vince Young..cough...cough
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (bleedsgreen @ Jan 18 2007, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cough..cough..Vince Young..cough...cough

What about Vince Young. He sucks horribly at QB. Just because he was the QB and had an underacheiving team rejuvinated doesn't mean he's a good QB. I look at stats mostly. His stats suck. Meaning when defenses force him to win as a QB he wont be able to do it.... sound like anyone we know....?

#12 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 18 2007, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about Vince Young. He sucks horribly at QB. Just because he was the QB and had an underacheiving team rejuvinated doesn't mean he's a good QB. I look at stats mostly. His stats suck. Meaning when defenses force him to win as a QB he wont be able to do it.... sound like anyone we know....?

wow.........he just won a national championship and rookie of the year in back to back years all why carrying his teams on his back........i would take this guy over any young QB in a heart beat.... With that said Jamarcus Russell has BUST written all over him..he has one great game and suddenly he's no.1.......but if the raiders draft him if wouldnt be suprised b/c making dum decisions is what makes them the raiders

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jan 18 2007, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like Moss there, and if the draft plays out like that then I'd like Spencer or Woodley where he has us taking Irons. Even though Francis from Hawaii is a nice big body to place at DE. And then maybe a RB with our 3rd pick. I'm nice crazy about Irons, but if he runs well in his workouts I could see him and Leon being a nice combo.

Why would you do that? Remember Bryan Thomas had a great year and recorded nearly double digit sacks. I like the 1 and 2B picks in that mock for us but Irons is undersized and I too would take Bush over him.

#14 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 18 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would you do that? Remember Bryan Thomas had a great year and recorded nearly double digit sacks. I like the 1 and 2B picks in that mock for us but Irons is undersized and I too would take Bush over him.

OLB opposite Thomas and a DE to replace Kimo.

#15 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jan 18 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OLB opposite Thomas and a DE to replace Kimo.

Neither Woodley or Spencer is big enough to be a 3-4 end though. 3-4 ends need to be at least above 290 lbs as they need to occupy blockers to allow the OLB's to get round the edge and to the QB.

#16 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 18 2007, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neither Woodley or Spencer is big enough to be a 3-4 end though. 3-4 ends need to be at least above 290 lbs as they need to occupy blockers to allow the OLB's to get round the edge and to the QB.

woodley and spencer are 3-4 olb...woodley was 3-4 olb in college

#17 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 18 2007, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spencer is 6'6 260. Woodley I can see him having more difficulty but he's still 6-2 270, both are plenty big to play DE in the 3-4, plus theyd give us huge versatility on D for when we go to 4 down linemen.

#18 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Jan 18 2007, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spencer is 6'6 260. Woodley I can see him having more difficulty but he's still 6-2 270, both are plenty big to play DE in the 3-4, plus theyd give us huge versatility on D for when we go to 4 down linemen.

if those guys played DE we would be more athletic but we would get absolutely dominated at the line of scrimage....we wouldnt be able to stop Tom Couglin from running for 100 yards on our D

#19 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 18 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I said. crazy.gif

#20 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

Agree to disagree then, I like the idea of filling our D with versatile athletic guys who can rush the passer, drop back, and can still play the run. I want a guys like Adalius Thomas who play all over the field.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users