NYJetsFan.com Forums: 2 Round Nfldraftcountdown Mock Updated - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Today, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 Round Nfldraftcountdown Mock Updated 1/18/07

#21 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

Woodley, Spencer and Moss all sound like pretty similar players. I can't see them taking two guys who have the same game. If they got Moss in the first, I don't see them going after Woodley or Spencer in the second.

#22 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

some teams do use a Defense like that tho where they come out with one huge DT and everyone else plays as a linebacker.........i think the steeler used it and the ravens definitely use it so your not wrong its just primarily as pass defense D......... its an interesting idea
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#23 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

I love this mock but we don't need 2 scatbacks. Irons in a dumb pick. Moss and francis are amazing picks. I'd be happy

#24 User is offline   jhsensation10 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

well the three positions i want addressed in the first 2 round this draft are DE, OLB, and RB. im pretty sure everyone agrees with me. the only position we should spend money on this offseason should be CB because they are such a crapshoot in the draft and we should only go after asante samuel only because of the combination of his age, skill, and prior familiarity with eric mangini.

now i want to discuss the players i hope we can grab and why i think this mock draft does not make sense.

adam carriker going to the broncos at #21. no way do the broncos pick a DE in the first round. they really needed a safety before the darrent williams tragedy and now need a cornerback. if nelson and landry are both off the board, they will pick a CB since it is their biggest need. especially with the abundant amount of them in this draft. they will not pick dline. also, carriker would not be a great 4-3 DE since he lacks the initial speed burst that an edge rusher possesses. he is optimal to be a 3-4 DE which is essentially an undersized DT, which he would fit in only 6 teams in the nfl. chargers, patriots, cowboys, browns, and steelers. only the steelers and browns need to get some Dline help for the future, but the browns will not take him at 3, maybe 35 so we need to scoop him in between. the steelers could take him, but it might be a reach since it's not an immediate need like it is for us. so i hope its carriker at #25 for the jets.

micheal bush going to ravens at #61. ravens do need a RB and it was stupid of them to let go of chester taylor. same type of deal with us letting go of lamont jordan. both wanted a big payday and both teams held on to the past for too long. they do need a RB to replace jamal lewis but i there is no way bush slides all the way down to the end of the 2nd round. he will definitely go top 50 at least, and probably moreso in the beginning of the 2nd round. i hope we snatch him at #37 because he would enable us to have a sick RB tandem with him and washington. so i hope its bush at #37.

jarvis moss going to the jets at #25. though an OLB is definitely a need for us, its not the primary need. our primary need this offseason is actually Dline, RB, CB, Oline, then OLB. i hope we do not use our first pick on moss, since this draft is SOOOO deep in DE/OLB tweeners. the guys i want to draft are either lamar woodley who nfldraftcountdown predicts will go to the rams at #45. no way do the rams draft woodley to play DE. he cannot play the 4-3 DE or the 4-3 OLB effectively. its just not his position. anthony spencer is predicted to go to the steelers at #48 which would be a good pick for them. so i hope at #57, one of these three, woodley, spencer, or moss will drop. we might as well make sure we get the players that the draft does not have much depth in, 3-4 DE or RB, and then take our chances on an OLB that falls to #57 which isn't that far to fall mind you.

optimal but realistic situation would be to get carriker at #25, bush at #37, and spencer at #57. that would make it 2 great draft years in a row. probably the first in the history of the jets.

#25 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (jhsensation10 @ Jan 18 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well the three positions i want addressed in the first 2 round this draft are DE, OLB, and RB. im pretty sure everyone agrees with me. the only position we should spend money on this offseason should be CB because they are such a crapshoot in the draft and we should only go after asante samuel only because of the combination of his age, skill, and prior familiarity with eric mangini.

now i want to discuss the players i hope we can grab and why i think this mock draft does not make sense.

adam carriker going to the broncos at #21. no way do the broncos pick a DE in the first round. they really needed a safety before the darrent williams tragedy and now need a cornerback. if nelson and landry are both off the board, they will pick a CB since it is their biggest need. especially with the abundant amount of them in this draft. they will not pick dline. also, carriker would not be a great 4-3 DE since he lacks the initial speed burst that an edge rusher possesses. he is optimal to be a 3-4 DE which is essentially an undersized DT, which he would fit in only 6 teams in the nfl. chargers, patriots, cowboys, browns, and steelers. only the steelers and browns need to get some Dline help for the future, but the browns will not take him at 3, maybe 35 so we need to scoop him in between. the steelers could take him, but it might be a reach since it's not an immediate need like it is for us. so i hope its carriker at #25 for the jets.

micheal bush going to ravens at #61. ravens do need a RB and it was stupid of them to let go of chester taylor. same type of deal with us letting go of lamont jordan. both wanted a big payday and both teams held on to the past for too long. they do need a RB to replace jamal lewis but i there is no way bush slides all the way down to the end of the 2nd round. he will definitely go top 50 at least, and probably moreso in the beginning of the 2nd round. i hope we snatch him at #37 because he would enable us to have a sick RB tandem with him and washington. so i hope its bush at #37.

jarvis moss going to the jets at #25. though an OLB is definitely a need for us, its not the primary need. our primary need this offseason is actually Dline, RB, CB, Oline, then OLB. i hope we do not use our first pick on moss, since this draft is SOOOO deep in DE/OLB tweeners. the guys i want to draft are either lamar woodley who nfldraftcountdown predicts will go to the rams at #45. no way do the rams draft woodley to play DE. he cannot play the 4-3 DE or the 4-3 OLB effectively. its just not his position. anthony spencer is predicted to go to the steelers at #48 which would be a good pick for them. so i hope at #57, one of these three, woodley, spencer, or moss will drop. we might as well make sure we get the players that the draft does not have much depth in, 3-4 DE or RB, and then take our chances on an OLB that falls to #57 which isn't that far to fall mind you.

optimal but realistic situation would be to get carriker at #25, bush at #37, and spencer at #57. that would make it 2 great draft years in a row. probably the first in the history of the jets.

That's hoping for a lot...none of those three look like they will drop to our 2b pick. And if they do drop that far...it's for a good reason...and we might not want to get him anyway.

I'm still holding onto Marshawn Lynch...but I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that he may not be a Jet...sigh. But if he does...I would like the draft to look like this.

1 - Marshawn Lynch - RB
2a - LaMarr Woodley/Jarvis Moss - OLB
2b - Ikiaka Alama-Francis - DE/Eric Weddle - S
3 - Baraka Atkins - DE/DT

The only quarrel I have with Francis is that he's more of a developmental prospect...and we cannot let Kimo step on that field for another down!!! And so I wonder...

Or...if no Marshawn for caney...

1 - Jarvis Moss - OLB
2a - Greg Olsen - TE
5 - Nate Ilaoa - RB
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   jhsensation10 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 18 2007, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's hoping for a lot...none of those three look like they will drop to our 2b pick. And if they do drop that far...it's for a good reason...and we might not want to get him anyway.

I'm still holding onto Marshawn Lynch...but I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that he may not be a Jet...sigh. But if he does...I would like the draft to look like this.

1 - Marshawn Lynch - RB
The only quarrel I have with Francis is that he's more of a developmental prospect...and we cannot let Kimo step on that field for another down!!! And so I wonder...

its ok if marshawn is gone by our pick because that means we should get micheal bush. he was a monster in 2005 and had a nose for the endzone. it was like 2, 3, 4 TDs each game. he basically was the shaun alexander of the NCAA in 2005 when he scored 2 TDs each game and always got it in on the ground when it was inside the 10 yard line. thats what we need so badly. how many times does chad move the ball 60 yards into the redzone and we have to settle for 3?? its not like we have a 6'6 receiver that he can throw fade routes to. we have to run ball there, and with no real inside threat at RB, why honor the playaction that chad will try to use to freeze the LBs? bush and washington will be a superb combo, the same type as deuce and reggie, where it's thunder and lightning and both/either cannot be stopped.

like you said, alama-francis would be a project and i am not saying that carriker wouldn't be but we need someone to step in immediately and make the line stronger. talk to you later kimo and say hello to carriker hopefully. carriker is probably the closest to starting material that you can get from a rookie, and should fit in quite nicely in the 3-4.

i agree that it will be tough for moss/woodley/spencer to fall to our 2nd 2nd rounder. but there are a billions OLBs tweeners in this draft. (all these players are under 270) we have adams, moses, crowder, abiamiri, atkins. one of them is bound to fall to #57 since all 8 of them can't go top 57, since they are a mix between a DE and OLB, not to mention players we do not even know about yet. plus, we can always just go Oline with our 2nd 2nd rounder, with someone like aaron sears who is huge, if they are all gone. we are going to need to use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on an Olineman so i wouldn't mind it being our 2nd 2nd rounder.

#27 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:47 PM

If we get Kenny Irons I would be pissed, I dont like him at all, he may be good but he is almost the same thing that Washington is, a speed back. I dont think that Irons will be a work horse, I would only take Lynch and Bush, I would only take Bush in the 2nd round though.

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 18 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 - Marshawn Lynch - RB

Or...if no Marshawn for caney...

1 - Jarvis Moss - OLB
2a - Greg Olsen - TE
5 - Nate Ilaoa - RB

If Francis is a developmental prospect, then we can go out and sign Cory Redding from the FA to be a starter right now, he is 6-4 around 290, plays DT/DE, he would be good for the 3-4, he had 8 sacks this year from DT. Then we can have Franchis who would be Ellis replacement. I defintley do think that we need a OLB though, Hobson isnt good enough. He is overrated, he doesnt get off blocks well enough, he may be a good ILB, but I really dont know, and I think that Barton still has some good years and Barton is a player I really like, he has alot of energy and is a team leader and a hard hitter. He brings some nastyness to the LB corps. Thomas is a lock to start at one OLB, he like locks his side of the field up. He is good at getting off blocks and has long arms to keep the OTs off of him. Hobson doesnt have long arms so its harder for him to. I watched alot of the games over to look at certain postions, and Hobson's sacks came from when he blitzes around the guys when the blocks are all taken up, when he gets a OT in his face its hard for him to apply pressure. I like Hobson, but just dont feel that safe with him at OLB, I dont want us to lock him up yet. Wait another year, lock Rhodes and Cotchery up this year. The one thing I do like about Hobson is that when he does come flying in he hits the QB hard! The 2 most talented LBs we have though are Vilma and Thomas. Thomas looks to be a real good player, he has speed, height, long arms, smarts. I think though with NT, we have to answer that through the draft, try and get Hollis Thomas who is my first choice, hes the NT from the Saints, hes a UFA. Or go and get Sands, who I really dont like that much, but he has size. My problem with Sands is when we played them, he stands straight up all the time, maybe if he came here our coaches are more disaplined then theirs. His technique is horrible, our guys moved him because he stood straight up all the time.
Also, getting off of defense here, with one of our first 4 picks, we should take a OG. We need offensive line help, and I wouldnt want to be too Bradway and Herman with not taking o-linemen till the 2nd day. Unless we go out and sign Dielmen or Steinbach from the UFAs.
#1 guy I want in the draft if he falls is Okoye! He would be nice to get!
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

I'm trying to figure out his pick in Irons. He's 5'11 203lbs Leon is virtually the same back. I'm trying to decipher his understand with this pick. Why would he have us taking him when we have Leon Washington.

Moss as an OLB is an awesome pick and Francis as a developmental project is another good pick. I just wonder about the Irons pick though.

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (jhsensation10 @ Jan 18 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do agree, thats the only signing I really want. I think Samuel is a need, because our CBs dont give good enough coverage, and thats how the blitzes dont work all the time. Dyson was our best CB this year, and our only legit starter, we need a #1 CB though, and Samuel is getting close to shut down, he just keeps getting better, I do think hes worth the money. I know how they want to build through the draft, but sometimes you have to make signings like these, it helps us in 2 ways, #1 gives us a #1 CB and one that knows the defense, no learning curve. Plus brings a hard hitting mantality in, the guys a beast! #2. Takes another player away from the Pats, they cant keep losing players and expect to win every year, signing him would be a big loss for them, they may put the franchise tag on him, because they know if they lose him, they have no one to replace him, Hobbs sucks! Patriot fans seem to think he is good, but hes the one we pick on all the time, our WRs continue to beat him everytime.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   jhsensation10 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jan 18 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm trying to figure out his pick in Irons. He's 5'11 203lbs Leon is virtually the same back. I'm trying to decipher his understand with this pick. Why would he have us taking him when we have Leon Washington.

Moss as an OLB is an awesome pick and Francis as a developmental project is another good pick. I just wonder about the Irons pick though.

these are mock draft gurus who do not actually know as much as we may know about our own team. they have to do the mock in congruence with player rankings and team needs. yes, OLB, RB, and DE are the needs of our team but they do not take into account the fact that Dline is our primary need. the need of an OLB is actually after our need for a power back. all they do is see that moss will be available at #25 and since the jets need an OLB, they take him. same thing with the irons pick but they do not think about the fact that we already have a speed back, and we need a bruiser. thats why it doesn't make sense to us but that is what they are doing. then they fill the void at DE with a player i've never heard of in francis. i do not want another developmental player on our Dline. the line is the most important part of the game and cannot be a position you can interchange players with. these have to be your best and core players in order to win. look at kimo this year. there was a reason the steelers let him go. he sucks. i would actually be pissed off with this draft if we essentially waste 2 picks and make a selection in moss that is more luxury than need.

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (jhsensation10 @ Jan 18 2007, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its ok if marshawn is gone by our pick because that means we should get micheal bush. he was a monster in 2005 and had a nose for the endzone. it was like 2, 3, 4 TDs each game. he basically was the shaun alexander of the NCAA in 2005 when he scored 2 TDs each game and always got it in on the ground when it was inside the 10 yard line. thats what we need so badly. how many times does chad move the ball 60 yards into the redzone and we have to settle for 3?? its not like we have a 6'6 receiver that he can throw fade routes to. we have to run ball there, and with no real inside threat at RB, why honor the playaction that chad will try to use to freeze the LBs? bush and washington will be a superb combo, the same type as deuce and reggie, where it's thunder and lightning and both/either cannot be stopped.

like you said, alama-francis would be a project and i am not saying that carriker wouldn't be but we need someone to step in immediately and make the line stronger. talk to you later kimo and say hello to carriker hopefully. carriker is probably the closest to starting material that you can get from a rookie, and should fit in quite nicely in the 3-4.

i agree that it will be tough for moss/woodley/spencer to fall to our 2nd 2nd rounder. but there are a billions OLBs tweeners in this draft. (all these players are under 270) we have adams, moses, crowder, abiamiri, atkins. one of them is bound to fall to #57 since all 8 of them can't go top 57, since they are a mix between a DE and OLB, not to mention players we do not even know about yet. plus, we can always just go Oline with our 2nd 2nd rounder, with someone like aaron sears who is huge, if they are all gone. we are going to need to use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on an Olineman so i wouldn't mind it being our 2nd 2nd rounder.

And it's not all players under 270...Woodley can do it but he has exceptional agility and speed for his weight. But most guys over 270 couldn't be OLB's for us...

For instance...you listed Crowder and Atkins...none of those guys could be OLB's for us. Crowder doesn't really have a position in the 3-4. He's a 4-3 DE...that's it. Crowder isn't even that good of a pass rusher...

Baraka Atkins is a DE in the 3-4. If you've ever actually seen the guy...not even play...just physically seen the man...you would never call him a linebacker. He has played both DE and DT at Miami...and would likely make a fantastic DE in a 3-4 scheme.

I really view Jarvis Moss, LaMarr Woodley, and Anthony Spencer as the top 3-4 OLB candidates. And of course Gaines Adams and Quentin Moses...but we likely won't have a shot at them...definitely not Adams atleast. Victor Abiamiri might be able to make the switch...but I think he's better off as a 4-3 DE. If we can't get one of those top 3...why bother? We already have a servicable guy in Hobson...so why waist a pick unless he's going to be an upgrade over Hobson?
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 19 2007, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we get Kenny Irons I would be pissed, I dont like him at all, he may be good but he is almost the same thing that Washington is, a speed back. I dont think that Irons will be a work horse, I would only take Lynch and Bush, I would only take Bush in the 2nd round though.
If Francis is a developmental prospect, then we can go out and sign Cory Redding from the FA to be a starter right now, he is 6-4 around 290, plays DT/DE, he would be good for the 3-4, he had 8 sacks this year from DT. Then we can have Franchis who would be Ellis replacement. I defintley do think that we need a OLB though, Hobson isnt good enough. He is overrated, he doesnt get off blocks well enough, he may be a good ILB, but I really dont know, and I think that Barton still has some good years and Barton is a player I really like, he has alot of energy and is a team leader and a hard hitter. He brings some nastyness to the LB corps. Thomas is a lock to start at one OLB, he like locks his side of the field up. He is good at getting off blocks and has long arms to keep the OTs off of him. Hobson doesnt have long arms so its harder for him to. I watched alot of the games over to look at certain postions, and Hobson's sacks came from when he blitzes around the guys when the blocks are all taken up, when he gets a OT in his face its hard for him to apply pressure. I like Hobson, but just dont feel that safe with him at OLB, I dont want us to lock him up yet. Wait another year, lock Rhodes and Cotchery up this year. The one thing I do like about Hobson is that when he does come flying in he hits the QB hard! The 2 most talented LBs we have though are Vilma and Thomas. Thomas looks to be a real good player, he has speed, height, long arms, smarts. I think though with NT, we have to answer that through the draft, try and get Hollis Thomas who is my first choice, hes the NT from the Saints, hes a UFA. Or go and get Sands, who I really dont like that much, but he has size. My problem with Sands is when we played them, he stands straight up all the time, maybe if he came here our coaches are more disaplined then theirs. His technique is horrible, our guys moved him because he stood straight up all the time.
Also, getting off of defense here, with one of our first 4 picks, we should take a OG. We need offensive line help, and I wouldnt want to be too Bradway and Herman with not taking o-linemen till the 2nd day. Unless we go out and sign Dielmen or Steinbach from the UFAs.
#1 guy I want in the draft if he falls is Okoye! He would be nice to get!

I agree with the Irons point as he flat out struggled this past season after being predicted by some to be a surefire 1st rounder at the beginning of the year. Now I'd rank him behind Bush despite his injury as well as possibly Antonio Pitmann of Ohio State. I watched the Aubrun-LSU game at the start of the college season and Irons kept getting stuffed (he had 25 carries for just 70 yards).

On the Redding point I doubt it would be worth drafting Abiamiri and signing Redding as Redding wouldn't want to go to a team where he is just a stop gap and that will factor into his decision over which team to sign for as he will most likely get a long term deal wherever he goes. Plus he won't come cheap at all.

At LB I thought Hobson had a good year this year and that he was our 2nd best LB behind Thomas throughout the season but I agree he isn't suited to be a 3-4 OLB and he would be better off playing inside alongside Vilma but with Barton still there for now, there has been little rumour saying one of the two will go in the offseason, I doubt Hobson gets moved inside where he will most likely become a backup.

Hollis Thomas is a good player but is small for a 3-4 NT as he is listed at 6'0 306 lbs which is smaller than DRob plus will Mangini and Tannenbaum take a flyer on someone who was suspended for 4 games for a positive steroids test that Thomas stated was a treatment for asthma. The fact he served the ban kind of suggests the excuse didn't hold too much weight as surely he would have gone through the league to ensure the product was ok to use as is standard procedure in other sports. The league would have either gave him permission to use it at the start of the year despite it's contents if he had declared it to the league as medication.

The great thing about this offseason is that there are less holes on the team than there were last year which allows us to have more freedom in the way we go about filling holes as the cap situation is also much better. This offseason should be fun and interesting, which should create a lot of talking points. cool2.gif

#33 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:54 PM

I don't agree with Kenny Irons. If we do go RB there, I'm sure it will be someone with a bit more size to compliment Leon.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users