NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rb's We Could Sign - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Today, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Today, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Today, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Today, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Today, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Today, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Rb's We Could Sign

#1 User is offline   Chuckfox99 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

I know our RBs did a good job this year and their are some good backs in the draft, but I'd love to see us add someone.

Here are some thoughts...

Ahman Green - He is a UFA, but I think he is too old and will want too much money
T. Jones or C. Benson - They both want to be feature backs and the Bears are going to have to pay people.
L. Jordan - Could be a cap casualty?
Michael Turner - UFA
Buckhalter - UFA might be a nice fit instead of Barlow
N. Davenport - UFA Might be a nice fit
Ruben Droughns - Could be a cap guy
Darren Sproles - Coming off an injury, but was a freak in college a K State
This team gives me gray hairs, but I love them none the less.

#2 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:17 PM

Turner is a RFA and it will take a lot to get him in any sort of trade whether it be as compensation for a RFA or through a trade after he signs a contract with SD.

Also I doubt Chicago gets rid of Jones and they want trade Benson just yet as he played really well down the stretch.

Buckhalter is extremely prone to injury and Sproles is just coming off of one and isn't really an upgrade over Washington as he is just as small.

The list of RBs already in the league who might be available isn't really that impressive at all so IMO we should try find one in April during the draft.

#3 User is offline   jhsensation10 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Chuckfox99 @ Jan 19 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know our RBs did a good job this year and their are some good backs in the draft, but I'd love to see us add someone.

Here are some thoughts...

Ahman Green - He is a UFA, but I think he is too old and will want too much money
T. Jones or C. Benson - They both want to be feature backs and the Bears are going to have to pay people.
L. Jordan - Could be a cap casualty?
Michael Turner - UFA
Buckhalter - UFA might be a nice fit instead of Barlow
N. Davenport - UFA Might be a nice fit
Ruben Droughns - Could be a cap guy
Darren Sproles - Coming off an injury, but was a freak in college a K State

green- already resigned with the packers
jones- injury prone and and will be 29
benson- why would the bears trade their future RB which they took top 5 a couple years ago?
jordan- injury prone and will be 29
turner- not an UFA, hes a RFA meaning we'd have to give up a high pick along with a huge salary
buckhalter- also injury prone, eagles will not get rid of him since he complements bwest
davenport- lacks talent and will be 28, has yet to produce after 5 years pro, why would we want him?
droughns- again will be 29 and is someone else's scrub, why would we want him?
sproles- just came off an season long injury, we already have a scat back in leon washington

i don't want to be mean but this post is just terrible. its obvious that EVERY SINGLE player listed will not be courted except turner and he lists him as an UFA when the main reason we wouldn't sign him is because he is a RFA. where has this guy been the last billion posts? good effort but not very good quality.

#4 User is offline   joeysjets Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (jhsensation10 @ Jan 19 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
green- already resigned with the packers
jones- injury prone and and will be 29
benson- why would the bears trade their future RB which they took top 5 a couple years ago?
jordan- injury prone and will be 29
turner- not an UFA, hes a RFA meaning we'd have to give up a high pick along with a huge salary
buckhalter- also injury prone, eagles will not get rid of him since he complements bwest
davenport- lacks talent and will be 28, has yet to produce after 5 years pro, why would we want him?
droughns- again will be 29 and is someone else's scrub, why would we want him?
sproles- just came off an season long injury, we already have a scat back in leon washington

i don't want to be mean but this post is just terrible. its obvious that EVERY SINGLE player listed will not be courted except turner and he lists him as an UFA when the main reason we wouldn't sign him is because he is a RFA. where has this guy been the last billion posts? good effort but not very good quality.

How about Ryan Moats??...he kind of reminds me of a young Brian Westbrook. When he got playing time last year because of injuries to Buckhalter and Westbrook he was affective.
[color=#009900]J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

#5 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

the only fa running back i would want is turner or benson

#6 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 19 2007, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Turner is a RFA and it will take a lot to get him in any sort of trade whether it be as compensation for a RFA or through a trade after he signs a contract with SD.

Also I doubt Chicago gets rid of Jones and they want trade Benson just yet as he played really well down the stretch.

Buckhalter is extremely prone to injury and Sproles is just coming off of one and isn't really an upgrade over Washington as he is just as small.

The list of RBs already in the league who might be available isn't really that impressive at all so IMO we should try find one in April during the draft.

I agree with you and as long as the player we get is a weapon with speed and power a pleasant surprise , christmas in april.
iagree.gif
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#7 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

we could sign chris brown for a year or 2. until we find a better RB. maybe we can sign him for 1 year and if nobody gets turner he'll be an UFA next year and we can grab him. chris brown is a good runner but gets hurt alot
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   BradSmith16 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:18 PM

Darren Sproles baby!
IPB Image
IPB Image