NYJetsFan.com Forums: Broke My Own Rules - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
santana Icon : (Today, 07:36 PM) Rob relax
santana Icon : (Today, 07:36 PM) Christ
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) I don't take meds I'm not a psycho
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) I'm even keeled and I love getting rises out of you all
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Today, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Today, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Today, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Broke My Own Rules I'm Beating the Dead Dog

#1 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

***In the few months before and after the Draft last year, I made a series of topics stating my opinion about once a week on various things regarding our beloved football team. I felt it was some of my best posting by me since I've been on the site. I'm going to try and reintroduce that with this post.***
Yep, I'm breaking not only mine, but the site's rules, as I'm making another thread on Chad Pennington. We've heard it all, he's got a noodle arm, he's (and got) a *beep*, can't win the big games, no brawn all brains, is never going to be the same, basically everything negative in the book. However, no one, not any of us Chad supporters have really made a thread on him with logic and reasoning, just emotional anger and outrage. I'm going to try and put the Pennington situation in the words of his supporters.
There is no way Chad Pennington will start every game (or at least start every game when he can play) for the next 3 years. Impossible. We all know that. It would be an absolute stretch to say he'll start the next 2 years. Kellen Clemens is honestly the most important person on the QB depth chart, he's the future, we're building this team for Clemens, not Chad (like taking 2 linemen in the Draft last year, having a first year starting WR, etc).
Yet a lot of you like to talk of a team, without Chad, in the Super Bowl, within the next 3 years. Impossible. If you want to get in the Super Bowl, within 3 years, we would only do that with Chad. Maybe some Chad/Clemens combo, but Pennington MUST be included. The reason why is because of the same reason you knock on him, Pennington plays big when it counts.
Just look at this year. The most important games of every regular season are against divisional foes. In order to get to the big game, you have to beat the teams that are going to break the rail or push you back, just look at the Pats in their big years. I think in the AFC East, the style of play right now is strong defense, a good ball control, low turnover offense, and you win, which is the name of Pennington's game. He'd do terrible in the AFC South, with highpowered, score every second type of offenses win games.

Here is the turnover differential in divisional play for proof:
In 2 losses this year against the AFC East- (-1). The offense has commited 4 turnovers, all by Pennington (1 fumble, 3 INT).
In 4 wins this year against the AFC East- +6. The offense commited 1 turnover, an INT by Pennington (special teams commited other by Brad Kassel).

Here's New England:
In 2 losses this year against the AFC East- (-4)2
In 4 wins this year against the AFC East- +2. 4

Here's Miami-:
In 5 losses this year to the AFC East- (-5)
In 1 win (hysterical.gif) this year against the AFC East- +3

Here's Buffalo:
In 3 losses against the AFC East this year- (-4)
In 3 wins against the AFC East this year- +3

Notice, in our wins, we had the best turnover rate, at +6. You can credit Pennington for throwing only 1 INT there. Also, head to head matchup, Brady vs. Pennington:
Amount of turnovers in division wins:
Pennington-1>Brady-4
Amount of turnovers in division losses:
Pennington-4<Brady-2
Amount of turnovers overall against division:
Pennington-5>Brady-6
So, Pennington beats Brady this year in a key component of winning in the AFC East, which resulted us in beating the Pats. Now, granted, we lost to the Pats in the playoffs, with Chad throwing a pick (garbage time) and officially credited with the fumble (partially his fault, mostly those who had the ball rolling on their feet though). But to say that Pennington's 300 yards and a 77 yard TD (longest in postseason history) were a failure is far from the truth.
Speaking of playoffs, Pennington has had success in the playoffs. In 5 starts, he's thrown for 1166 yards, so, in my head, that's roughly 226 yards a game. Not too bad to me. Really, the only bad game he had was in '02, completing less than 50% of his passes and throwing 2 INTs against the Raiders.
Bottom line: Pennington is a good QB who's really just a stop gap player. He's just here till Clemens is 100% ready for action. My hope is he can leave where Pennington left off, with a solid ball control offense not turning the ball over, which will win games in our division. I think he can do that, but I can only hope that he can get near where Chad was able to in not turning the ball over. I hope to see him start a game within 2 years, as he has a bright future ahead of him.
Just trying to scrape off some rust, and sorry for beating the dog, we'll get him some bandages (wow, Chad needing bandages, guess nothing's new). beach.gif crazy.gif
Go at it......
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:16 PM

not ot be an ass but i think your trying to say if u don't turn the ball over u win. we all kinda know that already
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Jan 19 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
***In the few months before and after the Draft last year, I made a series of topics stating my opinion about once a week on various things regarding our beloved football team. I felt it was some of my best posting by me since I've been on the site. I'm going to try and reintroduce that with this post.***
Yep, I'm breaking not only mine, but the site's rules, as I'm making another thread on Chad Pennington. We've heard it all, he's got a noodle arm, he's (and got) a *beep*, can't win the big games, no brawn all brains, is never going to be the same, basically everything negative in the book. However, no one, not any of us Chad supporters have really made a thread on him with logic and reasoning, just emotional anger and outrage. I'm going to try and put the Pennington situation in the words of his supporters.
There is no way Chad Pennington will start every game (or at least start every game when he can play) for the next 3 years. Impossible. We all know that. It would be an absolute stretch to say he'll start the next 2 years. Kellen Clemens is honestly the most important person on the QB depth chart, he's the future, we're building this team for Clemens, not Chad (like taking 2 linemen in the Draft last year, having a first year starting WR, etc).
Yet a lot of you like to talk of a team, without Chad, in the Super Bowl, within the next 3 years. Impossible. If you want to get in the Super Bowl, within 3 years, we would only do that with Chad. Maybe some Chad/Clemens combo, but Pennington MUST be included. The reason why is because of the same reason you knock on him, Pennington plays big when it counts.
Just look at this year. The most important games of every regular season are against divisional foes. In order to get to the big game, you have to beat the teams that are going to break the rail or push you back, just look at the Pats in their big years. I think in the AFC East, the style of play right now is strong defense, a good ball control, low turnover offense, and you win, which is the name of Pennington's game. He'd do terrible in the AFC South, with highpowered, score every second type of offenses win games.

Here is the turnover differential in divisional play for proof:
In 2 losses this year against the AFC East- (-1). The offense has commited 4 turnovers, all by Pennington (1 fumble, 3 INT).
In 4 wins this year against the AFC East- +6. The offense commited 1 turnover, an INT by Pennington (special teams commited other by Brad Kassel).

Here's New England:
In 2 losses this year against the AFC East- (-4)2
In 4 wins this year against the AFC East- +2. 4

Here's Miami-:
In 5 losses this year to the AFC East- (-5)
In 1 win (hysterical.gif) this year against the AFC East- +3

Here's Buffalo:
In 3 losses against the AFC East this year- (-4)
In 3 wins against the AFC East this year- +3

Notice, in our wins, we had the best turnover rate, at +6. You can credit Pennington for throwing only 1 INT there. Also, head to head matchup, Brady vs. Pennington:
Amount of turnovers in division wins:
Pennington-1>Brady-4
Amount of turnovers in division losses:
Pennington-4<
Brady-2Amount of turnovers overall against division:
Pennington-5>Brady-6
So, Pennington beats Brady this year in a key component of winning in the AFC East, which resulted us in beating the Pats. Now, granted, we lost to the Pats in the playoffs, with Chad throwing a pick (garbage time) and officially credited with the fumble (partially his fault, mostly those who had the ball rolling on their feet though). But to say that Pennington's 300 yards and a 77 yard TD (longest in postseason history) were a failure is far from the truth.
Speaking of playoffs, Pennington has had success in the playoffs. In 5 starts, he's thrown for 1166 yards, so, in my head, that's roughly 226 yards a game. Not too bad to me. Really, the only bad game he had was in '02, completing less than 50% of his passes and throwing 2 INTs against the Raiders.
Bottom line: Pennington is a good QB who's really just a stop gap player. He's just here till Clemens is 100% ready for action. My hope is he can leave where Pennington left off, with a solid ball control offense not turning the ball over, which will win games in our division. I think he can do that, but I can only hope that he can get near where Chad was able to in not turning the ball over. I hope to see him start a game within 2 years, as he has a bright future ahead of him.
Just trying to scrape off some rust, and sorry for beating the dog, we'll get him some bandages (wow, Chad needing bandages, guess nothing's new). beach.gif crazy.gif
Go at it......

Yes but one key thing there. Look at when we lose. Pennington's int's double Brady in that catagory, and it is in that which is one of our main beafs. When we win its because Pennigton hasnt blown the game. When we lose its because Pennington DID blow the game.

See the thing is also that Brady threw more ints in wins yes, but guess what? They still won! why? Because Tom Brady is the best qb in the NFL and can comeback after making mistakes to lead his team to a victory.
Chad cant do that. If Chad makes mistakes he can't bring the team back because he's what u said, a ball control guy, he cant do game winning drives and neva could, He doesnt have the arm for it.

See in the playoffs in 02 we blame brein for a lot, BUT what really happened? Yes Briend sux and id neva defend the guy but just wait a second here and listen first. Pennington 02 against Chargers did very well most of the game. But when we needed him to drive what happened? When Brady would get a 1st down on 3rd and long(it wasnt even 15 yards in this situation) What does Pennington do? WHat he always does dumps off a line of scrimage sideways pass to the fb for 1 yard and puts Brein to kick. Brien makes the game winning FG and all is forgotten about Pennington who choked and almost blew the game.

Then we go to the next game vs. the Steelers. Pennington has his worst game her ver played in the biggest game of his career. But he has a chance to take his team back to win. What happens? Sideline 1 yard gain again on 3rd down to give Brien, who sux, a chance to win the game with a 49 yard FG. Now 49 yards is long but an NFL kicker should be abel to make it, the only thing is NO ONE had ever made a FG over 47 yards at Heinz Field. So u have a kicker who doesnt have a strong leg kicking from a distance thats never been made on that field, REAL GOOD ODDS. what happens? he blows it.

But Pennington AGAIN has a chance to lead his team to victory. Again what happens? Pennignton gets conservative and sets up a 46 yard attempt which at that field is just inside the longest kick made. Still not great odds especially with a kicker who already blew one kick. What happens? Doink off the crossbar. This time he had the accuracy but not the distance. Yes Brady makes his team comeback a lot to win by setting up FG's but go check how many times outta all those game winners that Venateri had to kick from 46 yards or more....not many. If Pennignton would, or I should say COULD drive his team into easier FG range it would be a lot more great victories in Jets history.

So why u want Clemens, who is mobile and has a strong arm, to come into the Shotty offense, which is begging to be opened up, and only play conservative again is beyond me. Clemens is our future and our future is to finally Open up our offense again so we can score and win games when we need to, which almost every game in postseason is close and needs a comeback, and finally get rid of the 5-6 years of complaining about playcalling when we need to win games. Clemens is our meal ticket to a great offense. We can be explosive and comeback to win games. Pennignton cant do that, he can manage games and play NOT TO LOSE, and thats no way to play. When u play not to lose u rarely ever win the big games, i.e. Boise St. game this year agaisnt Oklahoma.

Everyone complains about the OC around here but fail to realize they cant call that many plays cus they are limited by Pennington. Wake up CALL! we kept changin offensive coordinators with different styles and yet we saw the same exact plays. Wonder why that is??? Pennington. 3 different guys with different styles come in and the same plays being called u gotta start to realize that somehting else needs to change and that change is Pennington.

Chadfropresidentino8 u said it PERFECTLY! Chad gives us the best chance to win DIVISIONAL GAMES. Unfortunately Our division's style isnt found throughout all the playoffs and the Super Bowl. So where as Chad is built to win in the Division, the reason he hasnt gotten us far in the playoffs is because that style doesnt work against teams outside our division. So u basically explained what ive been saying for months on here. Chad can win u regualr season games but when is he gunna win us more? Hes not. U even said it yourself without knowing.

So when Clemens finally comes in I will rejoice because even if He makes some abd decisions or throws ints in divisional games he has the ability pennington doesnt, Throw the ball down the field and play to win Games. The announcers pointed it out how many times this year, The Jets cant comeback to win games and they haven't. You wanna be like a 3 time Super Bowl Championship team u gotta be able to win in the Clutch, which means throwing passes down the field on deep outs to move the chanins and stop the clock, which we all have seen Pennington cant do and when he tries it looks worse than UGLY.

So I am waiting for the time where Clemens comes in cus then it will be great days, we might not win the SB that year or in 3 years, but we will get closer then Pennington could ever bring us or at least play with the OPPORTUNITY Penny could never give. Then Shotty will use the entire playbook and have all those great plays eveyrone wants, Then Baker will be involved more and show people how good he really is ALL OVER the field, then we will be able to RUN the ball better because people will have to respect the ENTIRE pass game, and then we will make BIG PLAYS and have exlectrifying scores and SB runs. People complain about a lotta problems but they fail to see through eitheir love of pennington too much or stubborness that ONE CHANGE can fix or at least greatly help SO MANY problems. When Clemens comes in he might not be great but he will be able to give us so much more to our team that we have been dieing and craving for for so many years, and thats a TRUE offense.

Chad= Cheerleader

#4 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

I'm not a chad hater but i'm gonna say a few things in response to Chadforpresidentin08 nicley written thread. Everybody says Chad is all about brains. Chad proved that in '02 when he had a 69% completion percentage and 22 TD's with only 6 INTs. That is VERY impressive. The thing is this year Chad had a 64% completion which is still elite but its mainly because chad does short slow passes which everybody can catch. Chad also had that most yards hes ever had in a season, but that was because Cotchery and Coles (you can add Leon to) are very talented after they catch an 8 yard pass The main thing that i strongly question after this season is his TD/INT ratio. Chad had 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions which is pretty mediocre. If Chad does have the brains how come he's throwing all these INTs????? I dont think his surgerys have anything to do with where he throws the ball. It sure doesnt help that he doesnt have zip because its easier to pick off a ball thats going slower. Because as we saw A LOT of times this season ex. the vikings game where chad threw a slow floater towards Coles and it got picked off because Coles had to wait for it, so he got jacked up and picked off. Another point that Chadforpresident wrote but didnt really elaborate on because he was kinda defending chad was that every game we lost this season was because of a few turnovers he caused, which again if he had brains why would he be doing that. On the flip side, if he doenst turn it over we usually win. Chad basically was like Rex Grossman this season we never knew what we were gonna get from him. He was either gonna suck or be great. I even wrote a thread that he was the 8th wonder of the world because of how night and day he was. Hopefully he can improve since he doesnt have to rehab and start from scratch by relearning how to throw the ball and shit. But i think Kellen will give him a good fight in Training Camp and preseason, Even though Chad will most likely win. I just cant see a QB switch after a good season. But i can kinda see Mangini saying somthing like "the better man won and Chad knows Kellen out played him and Chad will help the team in other ways and help Kellen be a better QB." Can't you guys see him saying that??

#5 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (cmart=the best @ Jan 20 2007, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not a chad hater but i'm gonna say a few things in response to Chadforpresidentin08 nicley written thread. Everybody says Chad is all about brains. Chad proved that in '02 when he had a 69% completion percentage and 22 TD's with only 6 INTs. That is VERY impressive. The thing is this year Chad had a 64% completion which is still elite but its mainly because chad does short slow passes which everybody can catch. Chad also had that most yards hes ever had in a season, but that was because Cotchery and Coles (you can add Leon to) are very talented after they catch an 8 yard pass The main thing that i strongly question after this season is his TD/INT ratio. Chad had 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions which is pretty mediocre. If Chad does have the brains how come he's throwing all these INTs????? I dont think his surgerys have anything to do with where he throws the ball. It sure doesnt help that he doesnt have zip because its easier to pick off a ball thats going slower. Because as we saw A LOT of times this season ex. the vikings game where chad threw a slow floater towards Coles and it got picked off because Coles had to wait for it, so he got jacked up and picked off. Another point that Chadforpresident wrote but didnt really elaborate on because he was kinda defending chad was that every game we lost this season was because of a few turnovers he caused, which again if he had brains why would he be doing that. On the flip side, if he doenst turn it over we usually win. Chad basically was like Rex Grossman this season we never knew what we were gonna get from him. He was either gonna suck or be great. I even wrote a thread that he was the 8th wonder of the world because of how night and day he was. Hopefully he can improve since he doesnt have to rehab and start from scratch by relearning how to throw the ball and shit. But i think Kellen will give him a good fight in Training Camp and preseason, Even though Chad will most likely win. I just cant see a QB switch after a good season. But i can kinda see Mangini saying somthing like "the better man won and Chad knows Kellen out played him and Chad will help the team in other ways and help Kellen be a better QB." Can't you guys see him saying that??

iagree.gif Yes i can see him saying that and ive been trying to point out all his non-smart moves all year. I know after a winning season hard to change a qb but still, so many things can improve with that one change which was all said in my previous post above.

Chad= Cheerleader

#6 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

One of the reasons he turned it over so many times is because he was in a new offense, AGAIN. He spent the whole offseason rehabbing, which didn't leave him too much time to learn the new offense. Yeah, he made a lot of ill advised throws, but what QB doesn't? I can't imagine he'll throw that many INTs next year with another year under his belt. Well, I hope he doesn't.

#7 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 20 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the reasons he turned it over so many times is because he was in a new offense, AGAIN. He spent the whole offseason rehabbing, which didn't leave him too much time to learn the new offense. Yeah, he made a lot of ill advised throws, but what QB doesn't? I can't imagine he'll throw that many INTs next year with another year under his belt. Well, I hope he doesn't.

If he didnt know the offense how in the HELL could he run the NO HUDDLE offense. It takes a GREAT grasp of the offense to be able to run the no huddle in general let alone as your entire base offense. So everything you just said was bull. Plus he couldnt throw the routes but he can still learn playbooks when injuered and he did. Learning the offense was actually a GREAT thing he did and one of the few great things he did this year.

And even if he lessens the amount of ints he throws next year thurs still a list of 10 million reasons why he shouldnt be around much longer and everyones named most if not all of them and u dont even talk about that. You tried to find some lil notch that was a little weak to make Pennington look betta because the truth is eveyrthing we said so far is true.

And your last sentence is priceless. You HOPE he doesnt. sound like a LOT of confidence in a guy u want to lead your team.

Chad= Cheerleader

#8 User is offline   JetsFan1 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

Bottom Line

-Chad has had a great season(02)
-Chad has had bad seasons with injuries

Chad came back last year from bad injuries and played a whole year so we know he can do that. He had an okay season if you look at it stat wise. I believe this year he was just getting back into the swing of things from all these injuries.

Now next year is MAKE or BREAK for Chad. This is it, this is his last chance, he must have a good year and must work on his arm strength during the offseason. If Chad struggles most of the year then we have to go to Kellen Clemmens right away.

#9 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 20 2007, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he didnt know the offense how in the HELL could he run the NO HUDDLE offense. It takes a GREAT grasp of the offense to be able to run the no huddle in general let alone as your entire base offense. So everything you just said was bull. Plus he couldnt throw the routes but he can still learn playbooks when injuered and he did. Learning the offense was actually a GREAT thing he did and one of the few great things he did this year.

And even if he lessens the amount of ints he throws next year thurs still a list of 10 million reasons why he shouldnt be around much longer and everyones named most if not all of them and u dont even talk about that. You tried to find some lil notch that was a little weak to make Pennington look betta because the truth is eveyrthing we said so far is true.

And your last sentence is priceless. You HOPE he doesnt. sound like a LOT of confidence in a guy u want to lead your team.

What is your problem? Is there a reason you just wait around until you find a post you can rip on? Find me exactly where I said he didn't know the offense. If he didn't know the offense, he wouldn't have been playing. I said he didn't know the offense as well as he will next year. And why would you even bring up the no huddle? That just further proves my point that the offense is hard to learn. I guess it's because you're the master debater...NOT.

#10 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (JetsFan1 @ Jan 20 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bottom Line

-Chad has had a great season(02)
-Chad has had bad seasons with injuries

Chad came back last year from bad injuries and played a whole year so we know he can do that. He had an okay season if you look at it stat wise. I believe this year he was just getting back into the swing of things from all these injuries.

Now next year is MAKE or BREAK for Chad. This is it, this is his last chance, he must have a good year and must work on his arm strength during the offseason. If Chad struggles most of the year then we have to go to Kellen Clemmens right away.

either way chad plays a huge role.....if he starts then he must play well to keep clemens off his back......and if clemens starts his job of mentoring clemens will be invaluable...kitna mentored palmer and testaverde did the same for chad and they deserve alot of credit to the success they've had
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:21 PM

we just won 10 games. no team does that with a shitty QB unless they have a dominenet defense and run game. Get off of chads back.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

As I stated, this is Clemens's team. We built this team for Clemens. Pennington I feel can be pulled at anytime (with the exception of when we're in the playoff hunt, like pull a Mike Shannahon and what he did with Cutler) to bring in Clemens, it's his team in a few years. However, if we want to win a Super Bowl NOW, the only way we can do that is with Chad, as I stated in my post.
Pennington is not the most talented QB. Including, and not including, all his injuries, he never has been and never will/would've been. But he's a great leader and field general. There's no other player I'd want guiding my team other than Chad Pennington. His leadership ability, not skill, was the main reason we won 10 games this year. Don't believe me??? Just look at us last year, or the Oakland Raiders. I think leaders win games, not the most talented players. Chad is a great leader, so you know he's a winner, which he is.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#13 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Jan 20 2007, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I stated, this is Clemens's team. We built this team for Clemens. Pennington I feel can be pulled at anytime (with the exception of when we're in the playoff hunt, like pull a Mike Shannahon and what he did with Cutler) to bring in Clemens, it's his team in a few years. However, if we want to win a Super Bowl NOW, the only way we can do that is with Chad, as I stated in my post.
Pennington is not the most talented QB. Including, and not including, all his injuries, he never has been and never will/would've been. But he's a great leader and field general. There's no other player I'd want guiding my team other than Chad Pennington. His leadership ability, not skill, was the main reason we won 10 games this year. Don't believe me??? Just look at us last year, or the Oakland Raiders. I think leaders win games, not the most talented players. Chad is a great leader, so you know he's a winner, which he is.

So you think we can win more games with clemens this year at qb than chad?
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#14 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 20 2007, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you think we can win more games with clemens this year at qb than chad?

I have no clue, it's the middle of January for goodness sake. Depends on how he does between now and mid September when we first line up, same with Chad, who can finally have a full go on working out his arm. I would think Chad at this point, though.

#15 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 20 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

umm yea, u didnt mention him stuggling with knowing the offense....IT WAS ONLY MOST OF YR POST!!

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 20 2007, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is your problem? Is there a reason you just wait around until you find a post you can rip on? Find me exactly where I said he didn't know the offense. If he didn't know the offense, he wouldn't have been playing. I said he didn't know the offense as well as he will next year. And why would you even bring up the no huddle? That just further proves my point that the offense is hard to learn. I guess it's because you're the master debater...NOT.

the point is u have no point, he didnt struglle and make abd throws cus he didnt have as good of grasp of the offense thats just his inability to throw and not throw in his comfort zone with 3 defenders on a guy cus he cant make any other throw.

My only problem is pennington. when hes gone im care free. beach.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 20 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
umm yea, u didnt mention him stuggling with knowing the offense....IT WAS ONLY MOST OF YR POST!!
the point is u have no point, he didnt struglle and make abd throws cus he didnt have as good of grasp of the offense thats just his inability to throw and not throw in his comfort zone with 3 defenders on a guy cus he cant make any other throw.

My only problem is pennington. when hes gone im care free. beach.gif

i doubt it. you'll still find someone to bitch about
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Jan 20 2007, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes leaders win games and ill be the first guy to attest to that and I completely believe in having character guys over skill guys with problems. BUT u need to not only have character and leadership but be able to do the best at your job for the team and Chad cant provide that. Also Chad isnt our best chance to win a SB now cus he cant even get that far. But u wanna see the caliber guys that do that not only have leadership and character but worked for or were blessed with talent youll know why Pennington isnt even in their class:

Tom Brady
John Elway
Brett Farve
Troy Aikman
and i dont wanna go too far back so im just gunna point one other thing out.
What do you know as a key stat for all these guys??? Answer game winning drives. These guys could lead their team to victory when it matters most. Still believe in penningto? go check out his # of game wiinning drives and see how it stackes up to half the number of times any of those qbs did it and you'll see why.

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 20 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i doubt it. you'll still find someone to bitch about

yes, yr right, people who cry that penningtons gone cus they are still blind and can not see.

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 20 2007, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we just won 10 games. no team does that with a shitty QB unless they have a dominenet defense and run game. Get off of chads back.

Unless your the Jets and have amazing skill players cool2.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

#18 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 20 2007, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes leaders win games and ill be the first guy to attest to that and I completely believe in having character guys over skill guys with problems. BUT u need to not only have character and leadership but be able to do the best at your job for the team and Chad cant provide that. Also Chad isnt our best chance to win a SB now cus he cant even get that far. But u wanna see the caliber guys that do that not only have leadership and character but worked for or were blessed with talent youll know why Pennington isnt even in their class:

Tom Brady
John Elway
Brett Farve
Troy Aikman
What do you know as a key stat for all these guys??? Answer game winning drives. These guys could lead their team to victory when it matters most. Still believe in penningto? go check out his # of game wiinning drives and see how it stackes up to half the number of times any of those qbs did it and you'll see why.
yes, yr right, people who cry that penningtons gone cus they are still blind and can not see.

Those QBs you have mentioned are HALL OF FAMERS! How many teams right now have any QB like Brady, Elway, Farve, or Aikman? I can name 2, Colts and Patriots. Nobody is saying Pennington is a HOFer, what we are saying is Pennington is a decent to good QB and with the right team around him, I think he could lead of to a Super Bowl. I don't think anyone will disagree with you that we would rather have a Tom Brady, John Elway type QB, but its not that easy, and to think Clemens is gonna be that, you must be dreaming.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 20 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tom Brady
John Elway
Brett Farve
Troy Aikman

i'm not saying chads great. i'm saying there is alot worse out there then him.

look at all the 10 win teams
NE -Brady
NYJ - Chad
B-more - mcnair
Indy - Manning
SD - Rivers
Philly - mcnabb/Garcia
Chi - Grossman

other then chicago and NYJ they all had great QBs.
but chicago has a better run game and defense then the jets. so how did we get to teh playoffs? chad. he did just enough to get us there and not lise us games.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 20 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm not saying chads great. i'm saying there is alot worse out there then him.

look at all the 10 win teams
NE -Brady
NYJ - Chad
B-more - mcnair
Indy - Manning
SD - Rivers
Philly - mcnabb/Garcia
Chi - Grossman

other then chicago and NYJ they all had great QBs.
but chicago has a better run game and defense then the jets. so how did we get to teh playoffs? chad. he did just enough to get us there and not lise us games.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! which is EXACTLY what i said. He plays not to lose which isnt playing much at all, and is why he cant win Big games especially in the playoffs!!! Thank You and GOODNIGHT!! drinks.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users