NYJetsFan.com Forums: Forget Asante Samuel - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) TY KC
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) THAT IS A BIG ASS FB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) if shit had gone our way we'd be 3-1 right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) what a bummer
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) :ranting3:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) INT TD KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Forget Asante Samuel

#21 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:47 AM

just a sidenote here but we have plenty of money. Not only do we have the 28 mill of cap space we have now, but the NFL is increasing the salary cap by around 15 mill next season so thats even more money to give to ANYONE that we need/want.

Total of about 42 mill of cap space. <--------now THATS scary.

Chad= Cheerleader

#22 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (extmenace @ Jan 22 2007, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They may franchise him but it also depends on how their cap situation is. If i am correct franchising a player is rough on a teams salary cap???

As we have seen from the patriots in prior seasons they do not like to give players big contracts. I mean shit they gave brady about 60% of what manning or vick makes. He may pull a deion branch and demand to be traded or signed. In that case we still have just as good as chance as any and possibly more because of our head coach....I want this guy bad!

your right it is a huge hit on your cap and im not sure of the pats cap space but i know they could cut a about half the veterans on their team....harrison,vrabel,bruschi,dillon,chadd scott. seau, all those guys are well into their 30's and daniel graham is FA.....i would fight tooth and nail to get this guy but ultimately i dont think we should put all our eggs into one basket b/c he probably would take less to play for them
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#23 User is offline   mangold107 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

If NE puts the tag on him they have to pay him the average of the top five corners in the league. NE will never do that. They do not pay anyone. When Samule entered the league Mangini was his backs coach so the spent a lot of time together, I think if we put up the $$ Samule would love to come play for us.

#24 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:04 AM

NE isn't gonna let him walk out the front door. They'll tag him one way or the other and trade him if they don't end up signing him to a long term deal. Now I do think that he's gonna want big money.... like 7 year/50 million/15 signing bonus. Are they Jets really gonna dump that kind of money on him? I don't know that they do. Miller is on the up and up and Dyson had a good season.

I fear it's the scheme in NE that makes Assante good. Even though we run the same principles in our defense, I'm not sure that we'll be getting a shut down corner. I don't know, call me skeptical... actually cynical is a better adjective. And I guarantee you that the Jets don't get him if they tag him. The only way we get Assante Samuel is if he walks out the front door. We all know that wont happen. We'll have to give up one of our 2nd round picks because we definately aren't giving up our 1st round pick and that's pretty much what NE is gonna want. There are teams like the Falcons that might end up giving the Pats what they want for a shutdown corner to play opposite of Hall. However, they have alot of needs elsewhere IMO... but they think otherwise.

At the end of the day, I believe the Jets biggest issues are as follows: 1] Getting a monster NT or DE; 2] Getting a monster ILB (possible from the Steelers?) to take over Barton's position; 3] Getting a young man to groom and sub in with Hobson at OLB... someone dominant like Woodley; 4] Getting an upgrade on the right side of the O-Line.

#25 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

Mark my words WE WILL GET SAMUEL.pats wont give him the bucks and this guys played for Eric last year.we will get this guy
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:22 AM

Unfortunately, signing players is more than just having a personal tie with someone. And the Pats are gonna have the rights to him. They'd be stupid not to get another draft pick for him.

Some people think that the Pats are stupid, never pay anyone, blah blah blah. While I agree they are cheap and don't overpay for their talent, they do pay their players. Brady makes alot of money and he isn't signed for 10 years like the other guys were. He signed a 6 year deal and he makes basically most of his money up front. Richard Seymour got paid. They didn't let him leave in the FA and they paid him the money he wanted after threats to sit out. Ty Law they let walk out the door but that was only because he was over 30, coming off a major foot injury and still wanting to be paid out the ass. Deion Branch was traded for a 1st round pick, they wouldn't let him come here for a high 2nd rounder which would have been 5 picks after the 1st round pick they had. Not only that but Deion Branch wanted more money than he was worth. The guy never broke 1000 yards or something like that. He wasn't worth the money, they knew it, and they traded him and got a guy in the draft that is pretty good.

So, point is don't expect to get Assante Samuel. They are gonna resign him. They don't let their youth go, hell no one does. Now if he doesn't want to play for them and wants to test the FA which he legally can do even with a Franchise Tag then that's what he'll do. I actually expect him to do that, to see where his value is. Expect the Pats to try and give him a so-so contract so that he doesn't test the FA. The time to do that was last year. Now he's gonna go out there and see what he's worth and NE is gonna have the last say on the matter. Meaning we'd have to give up quite possibly our 1st round pick to get this guy and I don't expect the Jets to do that. They know better. They are gonna build the right way, through the Draft. Now if the Pats aren't willing to pay him top dollar, which he rightfully deserves after having a Champ Bailey season in his contract year, then that will be unlikely for them. However, I expect him to play in NE for his career. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's not coming to NY to play for the Jets.

#27 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Jan 22 2007, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dyson on one side, Samuel on the other side. Rhodes, Coleman or Smith also in the back field and Rob Ryan as the Defensive Backs Coach would be my dream.

Rob Ryan would be our defensive coordinator if anything. The guy is not going to take a demotion to come to the jets.

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

#28 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (extmenace @ Jan 22 2007, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They may franchise him but it also depends on how their cap situation is. If i am correct franchising a player is rough on a teams salary cap???

As we have seen from the patriots in prior seasons they do not like to give players big contracts. I mean shit they gave brady about 60% of what manning or vick makes. He may pull a deion branch and demand to be traded or signed. In that case we still have just as good as chance as any and possibly more because of our head coach....I want this guy bad!

Exactly. I doubt Pioli hands him a huge deal or franchises him as the Pats have the confidence from previous experience that they can find a suitable replacement who will be much cheaper than Samuel.
Samuel is a guy I would pay big for and I hope, if he becomes a FA, Tangini jump all over him and do whatever they can to get him to New York. It's been a while since the Jets have landed a prize FA in their prime (IMO Ty Law was on the decline when he signed).

#29 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 22 2007, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. I doubt Pioli hands him a huge deal or franchises him as the Pats have the confidence from previous experience that they can find a suitable replacement who will be much cheaper than Samuel.
Samuel is a guy I would pay big for and I hope, if he becomes a FA, Tangini jump all over him and do whatever they can to get him to New York. It's been a while since the Jets have landed a prize FA in their prime (IMO Ty Law was on the decline when he signed).

The Pats dont resign guys that arent neccessary in their scheme.......this guy isnt branch or givens b/c if they let him walk he'll be great somewhere else that wasnt the case with the other guys and they have spent big money in the past on colvin......on offense they dont spend big money but they know their D is old as hell and samuel is one of the few young guys plus they know if he walks he'll come here and they wont let it happen.......they didnt even let us get branch i cant see them giving us samuel

#30 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

NE isn't gonna let him walk out the front door. They'll tag him one way or the other and trade him if they don't end up signing him to a long term deal. Now I do think that he's gonna want big money.... like 7 year/50 million/15 signing bonus. Are they Jets really gonna dump that kind of money on him? I don't know that they do. Miller is on the up and up and Dyson had a good season.

I fear it's the scheme in NE that makes Assante good. Even though we run the same principles in our defense, I'm not sure that we'll be getting a shut down corner. I don't know, call me skeptical... actually cynical is a better adjective. And I guarantee you that the Jets don't get him if they tag him. The only way we get Assante Samuel is if he walks out the front door. We all know that wont happen. We'll have to give up one of our 2nd round picks because we definately aren't giving up our 1st round pick and that's pretty much what NE is gonna want. There are teams like the Falcons that might end up giving the Pats what they want for a shutdown corner to play opposite of Hall. However, they have alot of needs elsewhere IMO... but they think otherwise.

At the end of the day, I believe the Jets biggest issues are as follows: 1] Getting a monster NT or DE; 2] Getting a monster ILB (possible from the Steelers?) to take over Barton's position; 3] Getting a young man to groom and sub in with Hobson at OLB... someone dominant like Woodley; 4] Getting an upgrade on the right side of the O-Line.

Really tired right now so ill make a better comment later but I would give up our 1st for him....although then that would give the pats 3 1st rounders. do not know if that is a good thing...

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#31 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (VILMAmazing51 @ Jan 22 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rob Ryan would be our defensive coordinator if anything. The guy is not going to take a demotion to come to the jets.

If he doesn't get the Raiders Head Coaching job I highly doubt he'll stay on their as Oakland's DC (remember Donnie Henderson last year). We still have Sutton under contract but he's expected to take a demotion and go back to just being the LB's coach so Ryan can be DC? Look at Jim Mora, Jr. He was a HEAD Coach this past season for the Falcons and next season he'll be the secondary coach for Holmgren in Seattle. Rob Ryan hasn't even been a HC yet. That's how it goes sometimes in the NFL. Belichick went back to being a DC for Parcells after he failed as a HC in Cleveland.

I would rather have Rob Ryan as DC for the Jets then Bob Sutton too, but we can't just throw Sutton under the bus after just one season. And we can't forget how the defense was playing at the end of the season. If Al Davis chooses somebody else to be his HC and that guy wants to bring in his own DC that would leave Rob Ryan unemployed. I'm sure he'd much rather be the Jets defensive backs coach then not having a job at all.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#32 User is offline   Mephisto Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:58 PM

I would rather have Nate Clements over Asante Samuel. I think Samuel is more a product of the system opposed to a top corner. Hes good but we would have to over pay to get him. Clements would be more worth the money and he might ask for less.

#33 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Mephisto @ Jan 22 2007, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would rather have Nate Clements over Asante Samuel. I think Samuel is more a product of the system opposed to a top corner. Hes good but we would have to over pay to get him. Clements would be more worth the money and he might ask for less.

Why would Clements ask for less then Samuel would?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#34 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Jan 23 2007, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both of these guys are going to get paid big time since elite corners are in such high demand and with most of the NFL in good cap situation it looks like it might be a huge bidding war so both of these guy's are probably going to get what they want and then some.

#35 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 22 2007, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately, signing players is more than just having a personal tie with someone. And the Pats are gonna have the rights to him. They'd be stupid not to get another draft pick for him.

Some people think that the Pats are stupid, never pay anyone, blah blah blah. While I agree they are cheap and don't overpay for their talent, they do pay their players. Brady makes alot of money and he isn't signed for 10 years like the other guys were. He signed a 6 year deal and he makes basically most of his money up front. Richard Seymour got paid. They didn't let him leave in the FA and they paid him the money he wanted after threats to sit out. Ty Law they let walk out the door but that was only because he was over 30, coming off a major foot injury and still wanting to be paid out the ass. Deion Branch was traded for a 1st round pick, they wouldn't let him come here for a high 2nd rounder which would have been 5 picks after the 1st round pick they had. Not only that but Deion Branch wanted more money than he was worth. The guy never broke 1000 yards or something like that. He wasn't worth the money, they knew it, and they traded him and got a guy in the draft that is pretty good.

So, point is don't expect to get Assante Samuel. They are gonna resign him. They don't let their youth go, hell no one does. Now if he doesn't want to play for them and wants to test the FA which he legally can do even with a Franchise Tag then that's what he'll do. I actually expect him to do that, to see where his value is. Expect the Pats to try and give him a so-so contract so that he doesn't test the FA. The time to do that was last year. Now he's gonna go out there and see what he's worth and NE is gonna have the last say on the matter. Meaning we'd have to give up quite possibly our 1st round pick to get this guy and I don't expect the Jets to do that. They know better. They are gonna build the right way, through the Draft. Now if the Pats aren't willing to pay him top dollar, which he rightfully deserves after having a Champ Bailey season in his contract year, then that will be unlikely for them. However, I expect him to play in NE for his career. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's not coming to NY to play for the Jets.

My thinking is...the Patriots realize the key to football is the lines...both offensive and defensive...so that is where they spend their money. I think the same way...it is all about the lines.

- In 2001 they spent a first rounder on a DE. A second rounder an offensive linemen.

- In 2003, they spent a first rounder on a DE

- In 2004, the spent a first rounder on a NT. A second rounder on a DE.

- In 2005, they spent a first round and third round pick on offensive linemen.

- That is 7 first day picks spent on the lines in 4 years!!!

- Their defensive line consists of three first round picks.

The Patriots pour their resources into their lines...that is why they can seemingly plug anyone else into their skill positions and succeed...whether it be no name WR's or no name DB's...it works. That and having a great QB of course.

So based on that...I wouldn't be surprised if they let Samuel walk.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 23 2007, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thinking is...the Patriots realize the key to football is the lines...both offensive and defensive...so that is where they spend their money. I think the same way...it is all about the lines.

- In 2001 they spent a first rounder on a DE. A second rounder an offensive linemen.

- In 2003, they spent a first rounder on a DE

- In 2004, the spent a first rounder on a NT. A second rounder on a DE.

- In 2005, they spent a first round and third round pick on offensive linemen.

- That is 7 first day picks spent on the lines in 4 years!!!

- Their defensive line consists of three first round picks.
The Patriots pour their resources into their lines...that is why they can seemingly plug anyone else into their skill positions and succeed...whether it be no name WR's or no name DB's...it works. That and having a great QB of course.

So based on that...I wouldn't be surprised if they let Samuel walk.

iagree.gif I've never agreed more with a post on this board then this one.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#37 User is offline   Mephisto Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Jan 23 2007, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He most likley won't but he would be more worth what he gets paid. He didn't have as good as a year stat wise in comparison to Samuel

#38 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Mephisto @ Jan 23 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He most likley won't but he would be more worth what he gets paid. He didn't have as good as a year stat wise in comparison to Samuel

So then what makes him worth paying more for then Samuel? Is this just your opinion?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#39 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

i think he did good this year because it was a contract year. he got 6 ints durning his first 3 years and 10 just this last year. what if he has another mediocre year? i'd like to see him have 2 highly productive years in a row to think about paying him 7 million a year.

#40 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (LocoJet @ Jan 23 2007, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think he did good this year because it was a contract year. he got 6 ints durning his first 3 years and 10 just this last year. what if he has another mediocre year? i'd like to see him have 2 highly productive years in a row to think about paying him 7 million a year.

With the Patriots?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users