NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Next Herm Edwards? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Azjetfan is the nyjetsfan #1 pick
Jetsman05 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 04:34 PM) Morataaaa
NJAzrael71 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 06:52 PM) Looks like Mo is going to get at least 40M guaranteed on his new deal. Mac reiterated that the team has allocated the funds for him.
santana Icon : (14 May 2015 - 07:49 PM) Morataaaaaaaaa the bastard child sent away has come back!
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 08:33 PM) Hellooooooo
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 08:34 PM) As the number one pick I declare this day Azjetfan day
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 09:10 PM) Nix that. Tomorrow
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:41 PM) So Santana your not ready to call it a career yet i see
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:43 PM) Santana could be on the bears
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:45 PM) Or better yet the patriots :D
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:45 PM) JIMMY G-SPOT
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:05 PM) Santana could be the new ball boy for the Pats.
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:05 PM) Since they fired the guys who are completely innocent
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:06 PM) Santana can you deflate a bag of balls in under 90 seconds?
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:11 PM) Colin Kaepernick is rumored to be back on the block. I wonder if his price has dropped.
santana Icon : (17 May 2015 - 03:45 PM) Eagles should get him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 May 2015 - 06:17 PM) What is the status in the contract with Mo?
azjetfan Icon : (19 May 2015 - 08:17 PM) He is under contract for this year and we have the option to franchise him next.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 May 2015 - 10:32 PM) THE KNICKS!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 May 2015 - 10:33 PM) at #4
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 09:20 AM) BAN MR_JET
Mr_Jet Icon : (20 May 2015 - 11:58 AM) LOL. It's not where you pick, it's who you pick. Knicks fans should remember Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul were both #4 picks also.
RetireChrebet Icon : (20 May 2015 - 02:32 PM) Chan Gailey says Geno is the starter heading into the season. I believe Fitzpatrick is hurt and probably won't even make the roster due to injury otherwise Fitzpatrick should have got a fair shake.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM) egno did look really good in that last game.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM) he just makes too many dumb mistakes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 04:23 PM) No excuses for Geno, we have a very good team and its up to the QB to not screw it up
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 04:43 PM) lol go back to the color coded sanchez system rex had
azjetfan Icon : (20 May 2015 - 06:48 PM) RACIST!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 May 2015 - 11:50 AM) Sign Wilkerson damnit!!
azjetfan Icon : (21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM) They will. He isn't in any rush to get into a voluntary mini camp
azjetfan Icon : (21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM) They aren't pushing it either
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 May 2015 - 06:31 PM) WOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) FIRE IDZIK!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:23 PM) JETS will cut Miliner cause like I've said since Day 1 he was a BUST!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:23 PM) MARK MY WORDS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:23 PM) HE WILL BE CUT!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 PM) FIRE GG
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) KEEP MILLINER
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) DEMOTE RAUL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:19 PM) SIGN RIC FLAIR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) If they give up on milliner already that just shows how dumb they are
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) I would think they'd get rid of Kyle Wilson before Milliner.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:00 PM) Cutting Milliner would be retarded
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:00 PM) And so far, it seems like our new fo isn't retarded so I'm hopeful they keep him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:02 PM) Cromartie is pretty much on a 1 yr deal, let Milliner heal up slowly and maybe next season hes our starting CB again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:07 PM) The Jets just made sure they weren't counting on a guy coming off a achilles injury to start at CB in a scheme that needs good CB play, its called trying to give your coach the pieces to succeed..
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Next Herm Edwards?

#1 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Post icon  Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

Tomlin, though, is a disciple of the Cover 2 scheme, a 4-3 front that he learned in Tampa Bay under former Bucs coach Tony Dungy and coordinator Monte Kiffin, and which he implemented in Minnesota this season when he was hired as coordinator. In an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this week, Tomlin suggested he won't be tied down to one defense.

"I'm a fundamentalist as opposed to scheme," Tomlin said. "I think football is a tough man's game, an attrition game. You win by stopping the run and being able to run the ball effectively. And by doing the things winners do."

Yet given his affinity for the Cover 2 scheme, there is little question Tomlin will want to convert to a 4-3 front as quickly as possible. The bigger question: Does Pittsburgh possess the appropriate personnel for such a switch?

Man that sounds awfully close to a certain someone who used to coach the Jets..... Let's hope so! I hate the Steelers. Sperm Headwards always was saying that kind of stupid shit, "Play to win the game." "You win by stopping the run and running well." "Insert more PC bullshit and cliche's here."

Question is, why would the Steelers hire a guy that wasn't successful on defense and is a 1st year coordinator? I mean, yeah they had a good run defense, but those numbers are always skewed when it's because your team can't stop the pass so no one really runs on you, they just throw it. Interesting though, I just read this article because I wasn't sure why they went after this guy, it's not like he's a proven winner or anything, but none the less.... I got some weird creepy flashback half way through. Makes you appreciate Mangini that much more IMO.

However, this really is good news for the Jets. We can rob the Steelers of players and defensive coaches. Most notably Dick LeBeau. That would be sweet.

#2 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

His philosophy fits right in with the Steelers: run the ball and play solid defense. From what you posted he seems a typical blue collar football guy rather than Edwards who didn't truly put into practice what he preached.

#3 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 22 2007, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His philosophy fits right in with the Steelers: run the ball and play solid defense. From what you posted he seems a typical blue collar football guy rather than Edwards who didn't truly put into practice what he preached.

That's the point. Edwards said that same stuff, came from the same lineage, having the same philosophies. It's more along the lines of pulling a fleece over everyone's eyes. We haven't seen enough of Tomlin to make that assumption and that's not really what I'm meaning to bring out, but if you switched Tomlin's name with Edwards in that article.... you'd see that it could have been written about him. That's what I'm talking about. Lets hope for Pitts sake they don't get Herm #2, a spinster with the cliche terms of how to win by incorporating a Tampa 2 defense. I'll tell you what, if and when he dismantles that defense and it doesn't work out... the media is gonna be all over him.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 22 2007, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man that sounds awfully close to a certain someone who used to coach the Jets..... Let's hope so! I hate the Steelers. Sperm Headwards always was saying that kind of stupid shit, "Play to win the game." "You win by stopping the run and running well." "Insert more PC bullshit and cliche's here."

Question is, why would the Steelers hire a guy that wasn't successful on defense and is a 1st year coordinator? I mean, yeah they had a good run defense, but those numbers are always skewed when it's because your team can't stop the pass so no one really runs on you, they just throw it. Interesting though, I just read this article because I wasn't sure why they went after this guy, it's not like he's a proven winner or anything, but none the less.... I got some weird creepy flashback half way through. Makes you appreciate Mangini that much more IMO.

However, this really is good news for the Jets. We can rob the Steelers of players and defensive coaches. Most notably Dick LeBeau. That would be sweet.

wasn't successful?
the vikes defense was top 10 in total defense
number 1 in rushing (only team to not let up 1000 yards rushing in the NFL)
3rd in takeaways

thats looks good to me

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:53 AM

You could say that about a lot of coaches...

Running the ball well and stopping the run IS the key to winning games...can't harp on the guy for being right! I think it's a good signing and I think he'll do a good job. Just remains to be seen what he does with all of those 3-4 players.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   R3dTornado Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:13 PM

You know where Dungy learned the Cover 2 defense, as a backup QB on those Steeler superbowl teams.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users