NYJetsFan.com Forums: Peter King & Reader On Kellen Clemens - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Today, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Today, 10:09 PM) Another link
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Peter King & Reader On Kellen Clemens

#21 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 24 2007, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why is everyone so down on chad? u do realize that every year he started a majority o the games we made the playoff right? every single one. and everyone he didn't our team sucked. who cares about arm strength. vick has one on the strongest arms in the league and chad is a 10 times better QB then vick. get over your love of deep passes. whats next? Pete rose sucked even though he batted 400 just cause he never hit 60 home runs in a season? jason kid sucks causes he never averaged 25 points a seaosn despite he's almost the all time leader in triple doubles? martin sucked cause he couldn't break big runs? there are more important things for a QB then a huge arm, you only go deep about what 5 - 6 times a game? what about all the other plays

You realize that teams only have to cover about 20 - 30 yards of the field against Pennington because he can't throw anything more than that reliably. If you watch every game you'd notice Pennington would have had at least 10 - 12 more interceptions this past season if the DB caught the ball. Every time I see him throw I cringe because it's a potential pick almost every time.

Clemens has the potential to be great. Chad has his potential reached a ceiling.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#22 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 24 2007, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why is everyone so down on chad? u do realize that every year he starterd a majorite o the games we made the playoff right? every single one. and everyone he didn't our team sucked. who cares about arm strength. vick has one on the strongest arms in the league and chad is a 10 times better QB then vick. get over your love of deep passes. whats next? pete rose sucked even though he batted 400 just cause he never hit 60 home runs in a season? jason kid sucks causse he never averaged 25 points a seaosn despite he's almost the all time leader in triple doubles? martin sucked cause he coudln't break big runs? there are more important things for a QB then a huge arm, you only go deep about what 5 - 6 times a game? what about all the other plays

We r short on Chad because all he gives us is hope in the playoffs to blow it in the first round, one time the 2nd round.

Your analigies are totally inaccurate. Kidd can still score, in baseball u dont need homeruns if u knock in runs like pete rose and with his body type im sure he could hit kmore if he wanted to but hes a hitter for avg.

And ALL the other plays that aren't deep CHAD cant throw. Chad can only throw the short passes u should only throw 5-6 times a game and thats the 6 yard pass. What u dont understand is we arent just talkin about 40-50 yard bombs, we are talkin about all passes 10 yards and further, JUST 10 YARDS!! cus Chad cant do that. So this is why everyone is down on Chad.

Chad hasnt gotten us anywhere in the playoffs, he cant throw an out route unless its a moonshot and still dosnt get thur 90% of the time, and he cant even throw passes in the 10-15 yard range let alone deep. DO u even understand what the Jets can do with Clemens??? Look it how much Chad is limiting this offense. Thre more u pass the ball u open up the run game cus they cant bring 8 guys in the box cus they have to account for every pass route not just in the middle between 0-6 or 7 yards. We wanna see the plays open up and everyoe wants another rb but doesnt understand just by Clemens comming in and giving us that 10-20 yard range along with the deep ball that the run game we have now will be twice as good if not more.

Chad is NOT our guy. hes not ANYONE'S guy unless they have the greatest run blocking o line eva and 3 powerful hb's to run the ball every play like the 1920's.

And one final note im glad to see im FINALLY not alone on the Kellen Clemens issue cus im tired of only hearing from biased pennington supporters.

Chad= Cheerleader

#23 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 24 2007, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And one final note im glad to see im FINALLY not alone on the Kellen Clemens issue cus im tired of only hearing from biased pennington supporters.

Dude, did you see my rantings during the season? All this season did was reaffirm that Chad was a good option this year. Next year, he's not the best option. Kellen Clemens should start for this team. When you can't throw a 6 yard button hook to a wideout without getting picked for a TD because the corner back had all day to jump the route due to the fact the ball was in the air...[grasps for breath]... you're done in my book. And incase you didn't know I'm talking about Chad's last game against Assante Samuel.

Chad's a good guy and all but this isn't about being a good guy. It's about putting a freaking real QB at the helm. Alot of the reason the Jets were laughed at was because Chad Pennington was at the helm with his sissy passes. Couple that with Sperman Herman and it's a laughing stock.

Guys here's the point: It's time to let go of the familiar and give way to something new at the QB position.

He can't be worse than Rex Grossman and he's playing in the Superbowl. As long as Kellen doesn't prove to be a turnover machine he's gonna be really good. Not only that but you guys think that Chad is the only "cerebral" Qb in the league let alone on the Jets. Many times I've read about how smart Kellen is, I think he got a 38 on the wonderlick?, and how hard of a worker he is. That's all Chad has. This kid has everything Chad has AND an arm to boot. So the whole, "Chad can manage the game and he's smart and blah blah blah" argument is moot. Kellen isn't stupid and he works as hard if not harder than Pennington, atleast that's what I've read about him. He never leaves the facility. And still, look at how Chad played this year. How many times did he sail a ball out of bounds when there was a wide open reciever 5 yards away? That's pathetic. I'm not denying his play was brilliant at times, but he's way too inconsistent and that was evident by all the crappy INT's he had. When you throw just as many TD's as INT's... that's not good and that's on him. He should have had more too.

#24 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 24 2007, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, did you see my rantings during the season? All this season did was reaffirm that Chad was a good option this year. Next year, he's not the best option. Kellen Clemens should start for this team. When you can't throw a 6 yard button hook to a wideout without getting picked for a TD because the corner back had all day to jump the route due to the fact the ball was in the air...[grasps for breath]... you're done in my book. And incase you didn't know I'm talking about Chad's last game against Assante Samuel.

Chad's a good guy and all but this isn't about being a good guy. It's about putting a freaking real QB at the helm. Alot of the reason the Jets were laughed at was because Chad Pennington was at the helm with his sissy passes. Couple that with Sperman Herman and it's a laughing stock.

Guys here's the point: It's time to let go of the familiar and give way to something new at the QB position.

Now that u mention it i do remeber u during the season but i was really reffering to the past week or two when it seems like its been all chad guys posting. Sorry didnt mean to offend u or say that u didnt support him earlier i was just saying past couple weeks have been annoying with all the bs about chad should still play.

Again i was only talkin bout the past week or two not the season sorry. and YES i remember your comments in the season. Actually im starting to remember a lot of them and they were right on the same points ive been makin.

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 24 2007, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

iagree.gif 100%

Chad= Cheerleader

#25 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 24 2007, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that u mention it i do remeber u during the season but i was really reffering to the past week or two when it seems like its been all chad guys posting. Sorry didnt mean to offend u or say that u didnt support him earlier i was just saying past couple weeks have been annoying with all the bs about chad should still play.

Again i was only talkin bout the past week or two not the season sorry. and YES i remember your comments in the season. Actually im starting to remember a lot of them and they were right on the same points ive been makin.
iagree.gif 100%

LOL .. sorry it came out that way. Really it was made more of in a jovial way but that can't be interpretted too well on the internet. No harm done, if anything it gave me a good thought about the whole Chad vs Kellen argument so thanks.

#26 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

IMO there should still be a QB competition in camp. Chad being the QB on a playoff means Chad deserves another shot. If Kellen is better than Chad over the summer and preseason put him in, if Chad is better put Chad him.
It would be dumb to just throw Chad on the scrapheap and hand him a clipboard for the rest of his career. One reason for this is that with him at QB over the past few years we have won, without we haven't. I don't know his exact record but it's a good one.

#27 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 24 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO there should still be a QB competition in camp. Chad being the QB on a playoff means Chad deserves another shot. If Kellen is better than Chad over the summer and preseason put him in, if Chad is better put Chad him.
It would be dumb to just throw Chad on the scrapheap and hand him a clipboard for the rest of his career. One reason for this is that with him at QB over the past few years we have won, without we haven't. I don't know his exact record but it's a good one.

The problem is he's limiting the offense and he's never been great. Winning 9-10 games and sneaking into the postseason VIA wildcard isn't exactly what I call excellence. Problem with Pennington is he can't beat the better teams in the NFL. Never been able to do it. When you get to the post season, those are the teams you have to face. Gotta give way to new talent. It's the nature of the beast. Pennington is good for a #6 seed and an early exit from the playoffs. That's not gonna cut it. Even still, he doesn't have the arm. It's annoying and throwing 17 TDs and 16 INTs is hardly a good season. The real credit for this seasons wins goes to the arrival of Cotchery. He's been nothing short of clutch.

Bottom line: If my QB can't get my team to win the division.... then he's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the best if I'm an owner.

#28 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 24 2007, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL .. sorry it came out that way. Really it was made more of in a jovial way but that can't be interpretted too well on the internet. No harm done, if anything it gave me a good thought about the whole Chad vs Kellen argument so thanks.

lol u r welcome sir drinks.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

#29 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 24 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem is he's limiting the offense and he's never been great. Winning 9-10 games and sneaking into the postseason VIA wildcard isn't exactly what I call excellence. Problem with Pennington is he can't beat the better teams in the NFL. Never been able to do it. When you get to the post season, those are the teams you have to face. Gotta give way to new talent. It's the nature of the beast. Pennington is good for a #6 seed and an early exit from the playoffs. That's not gonna cut it. Even still, he doesn't have the arm. It's annoying and throwing 17 TDs and 16 INTs is hardly a good season. The real credit for this seasons wins goes to the arrival of Cotchery. He's been nothing short of clutch.

Bottom line: If my QB can't get my team to win the division.... then he's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the best if I'm an owner.

His arm strength is a limiting factor I agree but we have an OC who will design the offense to suit the players that are in it and that was one reason why we won 10 games this past season and not 6.
No one really knows what Clemens command off the offense is except the coaching staff and we can't live off his draft scouting report and appoint him starter because of that.
There's a reason Chad started this year and Clemens got little time and if Mangini felt Clemens would have upgraded the offense midway through the year he wouldn't have been scared to yank Chad, which is supported by the fact Mangini basically declared it an open competition again straight after NE in the playoffs.
Next year if Clemens outperforms Chad in TC and preseason I'd have no quarrels for Mangini making the selection to go with the slinger. But right now Clemens has done nothing in the pros to be able to earn himself the starting job over Chad, even if Pennington limits the offense.
He's a 2nd round pick and will get his day but I'm sceptical about whether handing the reigns over to him this early in the offseason for us it's the right choice.

#30 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Pennington @ Jan 23 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell me one route he cannot throw, because there is none...he is a complete QB.

the 15-20 yard out....if ur a DB you can jump that route anytime you want and pick it off cuz he is not gonna zip it in there past you. Also, another throw he cannot make is any throw where he does not have perfect balance. If you watched AFC championship brady and manning were getting knocked around and makde throws off balance, falling, etc....if he is not in perfect position....wobble wobble

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

#31 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (VILMAmazing51 @ Jan 24 2007, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the 15-20 yard out....if ur a DB you can jump that route anytime you want and pick it off cuz he is not gonna zip it in there past you. Also, another throw he cannot make is any throw where he does not have perfect balance. If you watched AFC championship brady and manning were getting knocked around and makde throws off balance, falling, etc....if he is not in perfect position....wobble wobble

iagree.gif wow i TOTALLY missed Pennington saying that about, well the REAL pennington. But anyway thats the most rediculous comment ive seen on here that "Pennington can throw every route and is a complete qb"

Pennington cant throw the WR screen because he cant get it out thur in time for the wr to be able to do anything with the ball.

He cant throw, as previously mentioned by Vilamamazing51, the 15-20 yard out route. As we have seen all year that ball is either pick sixed or over everyones head to the stands. Even when the guy is WIDE OPEN he lofts it so he either gets killed or has no chance at it.

He cant throw the deep ball, doesnt have the arm PERIOD.

he cant throw any vriation of a deep pass such as post by the outside receiver, post corner, and so on because again unless the guy is rediculously wide open the d back gets there even if hes way off the guy before he has a chance to catch it.

and he cant throw a 10 yard pass on 3rd and 8, he cant throw a 10 yard pass in general very effectively.

He cant throw the 10-12 yard hook cus its gunna get picked.

So basically tell me what he can throw besides maybe a shallow cross, 6 yard out(which is still lofted), and maybe a slant.

Chad= Cheerleader

#32 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

He can't hit Coles in stride 50 yards down the field. That's a problem. I saw him 2 or 3 times this year throw a pass to either Justin or Coles where both players had sure TDs but because he lacks the arm strength they both were caught up to.

Sorry, but I've given Pennington 4 years of excuses. No more from me. He's not untouchable and there are better options out there. I admit, after watching the Jets all season, then I watch these other QB's throw the ball and it's just like "Holy crap!" I want that feeling in NY. I also want a real chance at a Championship with a QB that will take advantage of a defense not playing honest. Chad can't do that. We'd easily be a 4-5 win team this season if not for amazing plays by Cotchery and Coles and Leon for that matter. Throw in a TD by Justin Miller and that's what you get.

#33 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 24 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah cause it's all about the QB. Doesn't matter if you have no running game. It doesn't matter if your defense can't stop the run. It doesn't matter if you're rebuilding both your lines. Because it's all about the QB right?

Why does Chad get the credit when the team loses but when the team wins it's Cothery or Coles or Manginius or fill in the blank? Anybody but Chad?

And really that's the bottom line: Anybody But Chad.

Clemens could be awful but at least he can throw the deep ball (though he hasn't played any meaningful playing time) and more important at least he's not Pennington right. Deep balls never end up being INTs too, just ask Vinny Testeverde.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#34 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Jan 24 2007, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah cause it's all about the QB. Doesn't matter if you have no running game. It doesn't matter if your defense can't stop the run. It doesn't matter if you're rebuilding both your lines. Because it's all about the QB right?

Why does Chad get the credit when the team loses but when the team wins it's Cothery or Coles or Manginius or fill in the blank? Anybody but Chad?

And really that's the bottom line: Anybody But Chad.

Clemens could be awful but at least he can throw the deep ball (though he hasn't played any meaningful playing time) and more important at least he's not Pennington right. Deep balls never end up being INTs too, just ask Vinny Testeverde.

It's hard to digest that post when it's over-seasoned with sarcasm.

You're right, Clemens could be awful. But he could also be great. One thing we do know, Chad is awful and he is directly responsible for 2 losses this year, Jax and Chi. And I'm not even gonna talk about the game changing fumble from Chad that caused us to lose out on the WC game this year. Or the pick for 6. Or the... well you get the idea.

Point is this, some people are afraid of change. Afraid of the unknown, and Clemens is an unknown. Well Pennington was an unknown and he lit up the league the year he started. However, that was because defenses didn't know he had a noodle arm. It's impossible to deny that he's got a weak arm! IMPOSSIBLE! And it's also impossible to deny that CBs jump all over the routes, destroy our WRs over the middle, and call Chad the weakest armed QB in the league. That's a published article where they love playing against Chad Pennington. Facts! Another fact, he's horrible against Top 10 defenses. Wanna know why? Top 10 defenses can defend his crappy short throws with less help from the safeties so they can stack the box and play short routes.

His time is done. Lets not get emotional about this. He doesn't have the NFL that this team needs. Clemens does. Clemens is smart. Clemens can also scramble. Don't fear change. Change is good. Change might actually equal a Superbowl visit one of these years, something that will never happen with an inconsistent QB. I mean did we all just forget about all the horrible passes he threw all year that were no where near the receivers? Are we forgetting that he didn't throw the ball well at all? That's Chad Pennington. He's not a good QB. He's a good leader, but I for one am sick of seeing noodle arm QBs.

#35 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:What life has to offer.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (boomer1 @ Jan 23 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After everything Chad has fought through to make it back, I would'nt count him out just yet.

And no one should count out Chad.

The simple fact is that Clemens is more physically gifted than Chad. Clemens is more mobile and has a better arm. Based on video and scouting reports, Clemens can make every NFL throw. Chad simply cannot.

The differenc, thus far, in Chad's favor is in the NFL "smarts" category. Clemens will have to work his ass off this offseason preparing himself physically and mentally for the challenge. If Clemens does that, it will be a tough job for Chad to keep the starting job.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#36 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 24 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to digest that post when it's over-seasoned with sarcasm.

You're right, Clemens could be awful. But he could also be great. One thing we do know, Chad is awful and he is directly responsible for 2 losses this year, Jax and Chi. And I'm not even gonna talk about the game changing fumble from Chad that caused us to lose out on the WC game this year. Or the pick for 6. Or the... well you get the idea.

Thank Chad for those wins over Minnesota, Green Bay, Tennessee, Miami (at home) and NE. Without Chad they would have probably been losses, especially the first three listed.
In the wildcard game that fumble was a great defensive play and if you're blaming Chad, blame DBrick too for that play for not falling on the football. Colvin read the play perfectly which led to the turnover, it wasn't a bad throw. The pick 6 came at a time when running the football was out of the question and Samuel made a great play as well and got a better break on the ball than the WR. The running game was ineffective in NE which meant we had to throw the ball more often than not. Why not blame Vilma for missing a sack which led to a first down instead of a 4th down on the edge of FG range? Why not blame the D for not keeping the Pats out just before half time?

I'm not blind to the fact Chad can't make all the throws but he's a winning QB in his career. With a more balanced offense too those 16 INTs would have been lower as we wouldn't have been forced to throw more than we run the ball.

#37 User is offline   BradSmith16 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

If you all hate me do something about it
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#38 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 24 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank Chad for those wins over Minnesota, Green Bay, Tennessee, Miami (at home) and NE. Without Chad they would have probably been losses, especially the first three listed.
In the wildcard game that fumble was a great defensive play and if you're blaming Chad, blame DBrick too for that play for not falling on the football. Colvin read the play perfectly which led to the turnover, it wasn't a bad throw. The pick 6 came at a time when running the football was out of the question and Samuel made a great play as well and got a better break on the ball than the WR. The running game was ineffective in NE which meant we had to throw the ball more often than not. Why not blame Vilma for missing a sack which led to a first down instead of a 4th down on the edge of FG range? Why not blame the D for not keeping the Pats out just before half time?

I'm not blind to the fact Chad can't make all the throws but he's a winning QB in his career. With a more balanced offense too those 16 INTs would have been lower as we wouldn't have been forced to throw more than we run the ball.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I believe you didn't even see any of those games anyway did you. Arent you in the UK? How can you say Chad beat NE or Miami? Did you even watch the games? Total domination in every facet of the game is how the Jets beat GB, Minn and Tenn. The wins against Miami and NE were won by 1. Leon Washington and 2. The most dominant defense we've seen all year. Chad played horrible against Miami, not even completing 50% of his passes. He also fumbled in that game. In NE he was picked off, of course, and barely threw over 150 yards. How in the hell can you give Chad Pennington wins there?

Man I almost forgot to add the CLE game where he was dominated by the 3rd worst team in the league. 21 passer rating, 2 INTs.... yeah, he's really a quality QB that deserves to not be scrutinized for his play. He's the best option at QB for the Jets.... please!

#39 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 24 2007, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude i've kinda had this sig since preseason who i think Penningtonpays gave me. lol but who cares who thought of it first. As long as some of us are starting to get on the right page. Jetson wanted Chad for this season i rember suring preseaon last year he was pushing for chad. And i think Mangini made the right choice. He wouldnt be called mangenius if he didnt make smart descisions. But he better not favor chad coming into training camp cause i have a feeling Clemens will put up a strong fight and argument amung Jets fans on who the opening day starter will be. Mangini will probably be asked hundreds of times during training camp and preseason pressers on who it will be. I have a feeling his choice will be a week before opening day

#40 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (BradSmith16 @ Jan 24 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you all hate me do something about it

you are useless and no one cares any more. I am even wasting my time typing and everyone's time reading by putting this. But did you notice we are talking football and no one cares what you have to say.

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users