NYJetsFan.com Forums: Player Grumblings - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:18 PM) DeMario Davis seems like hes poised to have a breakout season at LB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:50 PM) It was nice seeing Pryor in, he made some plays. I think hes going to be the real deal and that we will hit on a stud with him
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:43 PM) The pick by Geno seemed to be more on Nelson. Nelson sat on his route. Geno threw it were he was supposed to be.
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM) Who knows though
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Player Grumblings Article from Rotoworld.com(Fantasy Football Site)

#1 User is offline   boomer1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

Last week, I wrote about some sinking ships across the NFL landscape. These are players, primarily under contract for 2007, who could suffer a loss in fantasy value this off-season. Some players are at risk of being released, and others could lose playing time.

Thanks to everyone who sent in suggestions for players to write about this week. I took your advice on many below, but will save most of the free agents for our comprehensive free agent preview. Also much thanks to everyone who has been checking out the blog at NBC and making it hit on two continents.

Willis McGahee, Bills

McGahee has the salary demands of an elite player, and the numbers of a replacement level running back. His recent comments in Penthouse Magazine that the NFL should move the Bills from Buffalo to Toronto might be the last straw in a proud city.

I believe Marv Levy will let some other team pay McGahee's child support. Both New York teams, Denver, Houston, and Atlanta could be a fit. McGahee might be worth a second-round draft pick, but his contract demands could make a trade difficult. Even Clinton Portis wasn't worth the contract Washington gave him after two seasons and McGahee is not nearly as good a runner. I would guess McGahee has a 50/50 shot to return to Buffalo.

Clinton Portis, Redskins

It's amazing that Frank Gore is now the most valuable University of Miami running back. There have been rumblings that Portis could be available in a trade, but the cap hit to Washington would be significant because of his huge contract and signing bonus from 2005. Washington has enough cap problems without paying starter money to get rid of one of their best players.

Portis makes a lot of sense in Houston or back in Denver, but Washington may as well keep Portis if he's going to be on the books. His play on Sundays isn't the problem. Ladell Betts could steal more carries than usual, but I think Portis is set up for a big season. He'll be well rested.

Julius Jones, Cowboys

Julius was in the Bears locker room with his brother Thomas following the Chicago NFC Championship title. Will that be the closest Julius comes to being a starter in the Super Bowl?

With Bill Parcells out of Dallas, Jones has lost his primary supporter. He was already mentioned as a possible trade candidate this off-season even before Parcells left. Thomas didn't fulfill his potential until he left his original team, so perhaps a move could help.

While the Cowboys may see what Jones is worth on the trade market, they would best be served by bringing back Jones and Marion Barber and letting them battle for carries. Jones is explosive, but doesn't have great vision. Barber is a complete back, but has never carried a full load of carries, dating back to college. Fantasy owners don't want to hear it, but two backs are better than one.

Ricky Williams, Dolphins

Nick Saban saw something special in Ricky Williams as a player and as a person. Saban told the Miami media after he left he thought Ricky was worth a few wins on his own.

It's uncertain if Cam Cameron will feel the same, but it's worth that noting that Dolphins GM Randy Mueller traded Ricky once when he ran the Saints. He also wrote about Ricky's eccentricities at length working for ESPN.com. If Mueller stays on as GM, Ricky should go.

Ricky could be worth a fourth-round draft pick and the Dolphins would happily move on with Ronnie Brown. Denver, Houston, Atlanta, and Oakland are all logical fits. His fantasy value would be substantial in any of those locations.

Joe Horn, Saints

It's been a great ride. If Horn is cut this off-season, he'll leave as the best receiver in Saints franchise history. Horn is due $4.45 million next season and the team will ask him to take a paycut to stay. He is still a useful weapon in the offense, but is no longer explosive and has missed nine games in two seasons. Sean Payton also proved that he can make any receiver look good.

The Saints would take a decent cap hit to release him, but they have the salary cap room to do so if they choose. I think it makes sense for both sides to work something out. However Horn may believe he's still a number one receiver and force his way out. Leaving the Saints wouldn't help his fantasy value.

Domanick Williams (Davis), Texans

A lot of emails came into the mail box regarding the former Mr. Davis. The Texans act as if he doesn't exist. Many writers believe his career is over. Gary Kubiak will probably operate under the assumption that Williams won't be back. If he stays healthy in training camp, he will become a trading chip or compete for carries. Either way, it's a longshot that he will ever a top fantasy pick again.

Deuce McAllister, Saints

McAllister surprised a lot of people, including his own coaching staff, with his great post-ACL surgery effort in 2006. His base salary and bonuses only add up to $3.7 million in 2007. He wouldn't be free to deal because of his signing bonus from 2005.

The Saints would probably listen to trade offers for McAllister, but why mess with a good thing? Unless they got a first-round pick back (unlikely), they may as well hold on to him. McAllister and Reggie Bush make each other better. I doubt Deuce will get any more touches or touchdowns in 2007, so he's not a bad sell-high candidate.

Jake Plummer, Broncos

Plummer made it clear that he won't back up Jay Cutler in Denver. For all his faults, Plummer was a mostly consistent fantasy option and the Broncos didn't exactly surround him with talent this season. A trade to Houston to re-join Gary Kubiak makes perfect sense and would put Plummer back on the fantasy radar. In that scenario, he would have to compete with Sage Rosenfels for snaps. Which means someone else is moving on

David Carr, Texans

A fresh start would serve Carr well, and the Texans appear willing to oblige. There is a big list of teams in need of a veteran quarterback this off-season. Here are a few that could show interest in Carr: Oakland, Minnesota, Detroit, Green Bay, Washington, and Tampa Bay. The track record isn't there, but Carr would be a very popular target on the trade market and could net a first or second round pick. Young quarterbacks don't just come cheaply.

Byron Leftwich, Jaguars

The fans and media in Jacksonville wanted David Garrard. When they got him, they received startlingly similar numbers to Byron Leftwich. Garrard couldn't even hold on to the job, as Quinn Gray gave the Jaguars a shot in the arm with a great Week 17 effort.

Jack Del Rio has to make a choice between Leftwich and Garrard and I suspect he'll choose Leftwich. He was the one who drafted Leftwich. Dirk Koetter, the team's new offensive coordinator, doesn't require mobility in his offense but does require a big arm. Garrard could be moved for a second or third round pick to one of the quarterback hungry teams. Leftwich may cost a little more.

Troy Williamson, Vikings

Minnesota will bring in every veteran receiver possible this off-season, and then draft one or two more. Williamson is only 24, but he faces a vital off-season for his development. He could be at risk of losing a starting gig for good.

Mike Williams, Lions

A lot of people ripped the Vikings during the 2005 draft for passing on Mike Williams to draft Williamson. Who knew it didn't make a difference? There is an outside chance Mike Williams gets cut, and the Lions appear to have low expectations for the USC product. If he becomes a useful slot receiver, they will be pleasantly surprised. Expect Detroit to keep Detroit Mike Furrey and add more talent.

Edgerrin James, Cardinals

Many readers wanted my take on James this off-season. There isn't much to talk about really. New Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt may focus on the run more and should build a better offensive line. That's good news. James is a year older and is approaching 3,000 touches for his career. The Cardinals could also add talent behind him. That's the bad news.

Add it up, and I see more of the same for Edge.

Muhsin Muhammad, Bears

Muhammad's career year was in 2004, so it's easy to forget that he's finished 11 NFL seasons.

Still a useful pro, his days as a fantasy factor could be coming to an end. Bernard Berrian will pass him in production next season and Mark Bradley could be next.

Chris Brown, Titans

I saved most of the free agents for our upcoming preview, but many people emailed about Brown. It's hard to imagine a great career comeback here. He was below average in 2005 and lost his job to Travis Henry in 2006. Brown is talented enough to be a quality third-down back, but don't expect more.

Rod Smith, Broncos

He didn't have any fantasy value in 2006, and I doubt he'll have a starting job in 2007. If you can still get anything at all for Smith, do it now before he retires.

#2 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

You know what would be funny. If the Dolphins would choose Byron Leftwich for their next starting quarterback. Another guy who sucks, and wont last in that division.

Also, I would love to have McGahee on our team for a second rounder none the less too. I know he's expensive, but he's way more worth it then Michael Turner is. What would you guys rather do?

Turner for 25th overall
or
McGahee for 38th overall

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Jan 23 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what would be funny. If the Dolphins would choose Byron Leftwich for their next starting quarterback. Another guy who sucks, and wont last in that division.

Also, I would love to have McGahee on our team for a second rounder none the less too. I know he's expensive, but he's way more worth it then Michael Turner is. What would you guys rather do?

Turner for 25th overall
or
McGahee for 38th overall

Neither...I don't like the way McGahee bitches...and I don't want to give up anything more than a 4th for Turner...and since that isn't happening (because we don't have a 4th and the Chargers wouldn't trade him for that)...I'll take neither.

But if for the sake of argument we had to pick one...I would take Turner with the second round pick. I know you said Turner with the 25th...but I find it hard to believe any team would give up a first for him.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 24 2007, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neither...I don't like the way McGahee bitches...and I don't want to give up anything more than a 4th for Turner...and since that isn't happening (because we don't have a 4th and the Chargers wouldn't trade him for that)...I'll take neither.

But if for the sake of argument we had to pick one...I would take Turner with the second round pick. I know you said Turner with the 25th...but I find it hard to believe any team would give up a first for him.

Well, we might not have a choice, especially if the Chargers put the 1st round label on Turner. That 1st round pick is worth way more than just Turner. I'd offer the 38th for Turner.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users