NYJetsFan.com Forums: Has Anyone Heard About... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (Today, 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (Today, 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Has Anyone Heard About... A Name Change...

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (cmart=the best @ Jan 27 2007, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wada bout hofstra

They are moving their Training camp to NJ, like Fork park or something like that, I think this year or next year.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Kirby JUICE Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 27 2007, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they do change the name to Jersey...I'm officially not a Jet fan anymore...

They'll either move the Bills down to the city...or start an expansion team...because I don't think the NFL would allow no team in the biggest market in the country.

If they move or start a new team...I'll think about being a fan...

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 27 2007, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However...I do think they should change their name to the Jersey Jets...if you want to play in the dump...own up to it...don't hide under the name of New York!

Which parts of jersey do you frequent? Ok East rutherford is in the swamp, and I won't argue that Newark is a dump, just like you can't argue that New York has it's dumpy sections. I do know that there are plenty of Nets/Knicks/Giants/Jets/Yankees/Mets players and managers that live in Jersey right around the corner from me and last I checked, multimillionaires don't generally choose to live in a "dump".

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who'd drop their allegiance to a team just because of a name change isn't much of a fan at all, which you obviously are because you take the time to post on these boards so I assume you were being facetious.

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (kobeskool @ Jan 27 2007, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome back evaston

If it was evanstom

It would be lines

like this

Plus, I doubt that they switch the name to NJ, because its been NY for like their whole franchise history, and if it was NJ, then it wouldnt be a city, it just be a state. Also they would probaly make more money with the NY as their name.. I just cant see it switching to NJ Jets.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Kirby JUICE @ Jan 27 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which parts of jersey do you frequent? Ok East rutherford is in the swamp, and I won't argue that Newark is a dump, just like you can't argue that New York has it's dumpy sections. I do know that there are plenty of Nets/Knicks/Giants/Jets/Yankees/Mets players and managers that live in Jersey right around the corner from me and last I checked, multimillionaires don't generally choose to live in a "dump".

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who'd drop their allegiance to a team just because of a name change isn't much of a fan at all, which you obviously are because you take the time to post on these boards so I assume you were being facetious.

Well...calling Jersey a dump may be a little harsh...and a little facetious as you say. But I just don't see the appeal in the place...much as I don't see the appeal in Long Isalnd either...it's New York City that I love...and that only really extends to Manhattan and Brooklyn...

It may seem trivial...but if they do change the name I'm not sure I could be a fan. I'm still clinging onto some hope of them having a home in New York. How can one of the most influential cities in the world not have a team? It's kind of ridiculous...
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 27 2007, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are moving their Training camp to NJ, like Fork park or something like that, I think this year or next year.

Florham Park in '08 or maybe even '09 (still havent broken ground at new site)....gonna suck! Hofstra is the best...

QUOTE (Kirby JUICE @ Jan 27 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, people call NJ a dump just because they see northern NJ with all the factories and such...come down to central Jersey where i live at the Jersey Shore and your opinions will definatly change...i've lived in both places in my life..grew up in NYC and now live in Jersey and i dont see how you can call either one a "DUMP".

When i hear the word "DUMP" the only thing that comes to mind is Staten Island... biggrin.gif
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#26 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (51Vilma @ Jan 27 2007, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No they don't play in NY but 90% of the fans are NYers and if they changed the name they would turn into the Devils like in Hockey, BAD fan base. I would probably be a Bills fan if they both moved everything to NJ. Without the NY names Jets and Giants are just an average sized fan base. The NFL would !!!NEVER!!! let that happen.

Shows how much you know about economics. You think all the Jets fans outside of The Jerz would stop being fans just because of a name change. Thats ridiculous. B) 90% of Jet fans do not live in New York. Anyone here connected with the organization? I would like some season-ticket holder statistics to show this kid that hes wrong.

Like TBrady said, if you don't like stay out of there. A huge misconception is that New Jersey is a dump. If you've been in the State longer than 30 minutes then you would know thats a farse. The Travel Channel named it one of the Top Ten places in the U.S. to live, not to mentioned its historical roots and scenery outside of the swamp. If you think Jersey is that big of a dump, have you been the parts of Long Island lately (no offense to any Islanders out there, I love that place too)

Lastly, the DEvils have always had on-par attendance. They don't fill up the Arena like Detroit or Toronto but they are consistently average. Plus, that team doesn't spend lot of money on salaries, and they keep winning, making them one of the most profitable NHL franchises

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

Plus, Hockey doesnt have a huge fan base anyways, like how the NFL fan base is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
The NJ Nets do pretty good.....
It wouldnt have been smart to build the Jets stadium in NY, besides the fact of the Jets having their own home. Because its so much easier to get into the stadium at the meadow lands, where there is massive amounts of roads, where you would of had to take a train or some shit to get into the other stadium, which would cost more then just driving in there. But I doubt the Jets ever change the name to NJ, just because its more profitable to be named NY. NJ doesnt have any major citys like NY is, and oh yea, the Statue of Liberty is in NJ...
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   51Vilma Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 27 2007, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could care less if they change the name, because I will still be a Jets fan. You guys minis well not be Jets fans, because everything in the organization is going to be in Jersey, if its the NY part you love so much about the Jets, then maybe your just a NY fan... The Jets will always be the Jets in my opinion, they been the NY/NJ Jets for a long time, and those of you who diss NJ, come on, its so close to NY, they are almost interchangeable. If they became the NJ Jets, then they would have more people in NJ being their fans. And and last I checked, the Devils are doing better then the Rangers....

See, that made no sense on two parts. One, the jets would lose more NY fans they goin in NJ fans if they gain any, plsu they lose the biggest TV market in the U.S. Second, are you suggesting by just playing in New Jersey the Devils are playing better? Have you been to a Devils hockey game? There is more blue there than red and anytime the few Devils fans start to get a chant going the Rangers fans drown it out. So how could changing the name benefit the team at all? Answer, it doesn't. Also, heres some straight up facts. The Rangers where 8th in total attendance for the 2005-2006 season, the Devils were 26th out of 30. Even with winning the divison the Devils have horrible attendance. NJ teams alone can hardly survive, they need NY. And cutting the Jets of all it's NY teams would hurt it BAD, because lets face it, the Jets aren't exactly the most winning frachise. The fact is the Jets want to be a NY team, thats why they pushed for a stadium in NY and declined to change their name to Jersey not too long ago.

#29 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 27 2007, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it was evanstom

It would be lines

like this

Plus, I doubt that they switch the name to NJ, because its been NY for like their whole franchise history, and if it was NJ, then it wouldnt be a city, it just be a state. Also they would probaly make more money with the NY as their name.. I just cant see it switching to NJ Jets.

your right my bad 51vilma is not evanston

#30 User is offline   Kirby JUICE Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

From 2002 until this year, the New Jersey Nets have been one of the best teams in the East, while the Knicks have been terrible. I am a Nets fans and have been goin to Continental (and Brendan Byrne) Arena for years and years. Even with the Nets making the NBA finals two years in a row, regular season games have shown a miserable turnout. Meanwhile, the Knicks continue to sell out regularly.

That is the reason that I do not anticipate a name change, assuming Goodell is as good a commisioner as Tagliabue was.

#31 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

thats the point

they moved a long time ago
they are and have been playing in the state of NEW JERSEY

and are moving their practice facilities there

IPB Image

#32 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 27 2007, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus, Hockey doesnt have a huge fan base anyways, like how the NFL fan base is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
The NJ Nets do pretty good.....
It wouldnt have been smart to build the Jets stadium in NY, besides the fact of the Jets having their own home. Because its so much easier to get into the stadium at the meadow lands, where there is massive amounts of roads, where you would of had to take a train or some shit to get into the other stadium, which would cost more then just driving in there. But I doubt the Jets ever change the name to NJ, just because its more profitable to be named NY. NJ doesnt have any major citys like NY is, and oh yea, the Statue of Liberty is in NJ...

Preach my main man preach!

But seriously, I love all my tri-state brethren equally

Posted Image

#33 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Kirby JUICE @ Jan 27 2007, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From 2002 until this year, the New Jersey Nets have been one of the best teams in the East, while the Knicks have been terrible. I am a Nets fans and have been goin to Continental (and Brendan Byrne) Arena for years and years. Even with the Nets making the NBA finals two years in a row, regular season games have shown a miserable turnout. Meanwhile, the Knicks continue to sell out regularly.

That is the reason that I do not anticipate a name change, assuming Goodell is as good a commisioner as Tagliabue was.

That's because it's an urban stadium...it's a hell of a lot more fun to go to a game in the middle of Manhattan than the middle of nowhere Jersey...same can be said for the Nassau Coliseum...just so it's clear I'm not bashing only Jersey. I don't see the intrigue in either place...let's for a moment look at the stadium's context...

Where would you rather be?
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 27 2007, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's because it's an urban stadium...it's a hell of a lot more fun to go to a game in the middle of Manhattan than the middle of nowhere Jersey...same can be said for the Nassau Coliseum...just so it's clear I'm not bashing only Jersey. I don't see the intrigue in either place...let's for a moment look at the stadium's context...

Where would you rather be?

Middle-of-nowhere is 15 minutes from the city, barring traffic. The Nets are moving to Brooklyn(sadly) and the DEvils are moving to the middle of downtown Newark

Live Contsruction web cam
http://newjerseydevi...er/view-cam.php

Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Mephisto Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

I am glad they didn't get that West Side Stadium deal. It would of been a pain in the ass to get there with all the congestion in the city to begin with. Parking would be a mess. Also you would not be able to tailgate. So I would much rather be in East Rutherford.

#36 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 28 2007, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Middle-of-nowhere is 15 minutes from the city, barring traffic. The Nets are moving to Brooklyn(sadly) and the DEvils are moving to the middle of downtown Newark

Live Contsruction web cam
http://newjerseydevi...er/view-cam.php

You're not understanding my point...it's not how close you are to the city...it's if you're in it.

This is that strange anamoly where people are willing to drive somewhere just so they can walk around...what if you could out of your front door and than walk around. What if you could get groceries...shop...see a movie...go to work...lounge at a cafe...all within walking distance from your home? Everyone complains about commutes...but people are waisting on average 3 hours of their day driving back and forth from work...I just don't understand it...
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:51 AM

Jersey is better than Noo Yawk anyway!
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Mephisto @ Jan 28 2007, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am glad they didn't get that West Side Stadium deal. It would of been a pain in the ass to get there with all the congestion in the city to begin with. Parking would be a mess. Also you would not be able to tailgate. So I would much rather be in East Rutherford.

That's a falsity in my opinion. I have been to a New Orleans Saints game...and the Super Dome is right in downtown New Orleans. They don't have any kind of congestion or traffic problem whatsoever...and they don't even have a public transportation system outside of buses...while New York has one of the best in the country. Maybe if suburban people weren't so afriad of public transpotation this wouldn't be a problem.

Also...tailgating...what is the obsession? What is the obsession with sitting in a concrete parking lot? When I went to the Saints game we "tailgated" in the French Quarter...now that was fun. Or how about a park? How great would it be to eat some hot dogs, drink some beers, and throw around a football on grass with trees...as opposed to concrete?

So where would you rather spend your time before the game?

In the French Quarter...in the city...

Or perahps in a park...on the green...

Or in the parking lot...on the concrete...

Posted Image

#39 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:00 AM

Alright..I have nothing against NY...and I wouldn't be opposed at all if the stadium were in NY...however I was against it because I hated the design. I liked the design of the new Meadowlands stadium...which is why I suppost that. Its the stadium I hated...not the city. Outside of maybe Paris, London, LA and Barcelona, New York is the best city you can ask for...it would definitely be cool having a stadium there...just NOT THAT ONE.
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Jan 28 2007, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright..I have nothing against NY...and I wouldn't be opposed at all if the stadium were in NY...however I was against it because I hated the design. I liked the design of the new Meadowlands stadium...which is why I suppost that. Its the stadium I hated...not the city. Outside of maybe Paris, London, LA and Barcelona, New York is the best city you can ask for...it would definitely be cool having a stadium there...just NOT THAT ONE.

Really? I mean it's a matter of personal opinion...maybe I haven't seen what you have seen of the new Meadowlands one...but I thought it pretty horrid. I didn't mind the West Side Stadium that much...but I could see not being into it.

This is what I know of the Meadowlands design...just blah...look at all the one or two story horizontal secondary buildings. I hate that "mall" look with all those flat, disgusting roofs...why do "architects" ignore the roof so often? It is so spread out...we're running out of space in this world...we have to stop sprawl...
Posted Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users