NYJetsFan.com Forums: Has Anyone Heard About... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Has Anyone Heard About... A Name Change...

#41 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 28 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a falsity in my opinion. I have been to a New Orleans Saints game...and the Super Dome is right in downtown New Orleans. They don't have any kind of congestion or traffic problem whatsoever...and they don't even have a public transportation system outside of buses...while New York has one of the best in the country. Maybe if suburban people weren't so afriad of public transpotation this wouldn't be a problem.

Also...tailgating...what is the obsession? What is the obsession with sitting in a concrete parking lot? When I went to the Saints game we "tailgated" in the French Quarter...now that was fun. Or how about a park? How great would it be to eat some hot dogs, drink some beers, and throw around a football on grass with trees...as opposed to concrete?

So where would you rather spend your time before the game?

In the French Quarter...in the city...

Or perahps in a park...on the green...

Or in the parking lot...on the concrete...

You can't even compare New Orleans and New York in population and traffic density. New Orleans is spread out and the Superdome is in a lot unoccupied by anything else. In New York you gonna have to take the traffic of Knick/Ranger games and multiply that by at least four. Have you ever been around MSG 20 mins before tip-off? Its plain mayhem. Plus think of the parking. If you have to pay $40 for a spot 5 blocks away from MSG think of the prices of parking for an even with 4x or more people.

Jersey is much more economical and makes more sense to stay there then to go under with public levies for a billion dollar stadium

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#42 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 28 2007, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't even compare New Orleans and New York in population and traffic density. New Orleans is spread out and the Superdome is in a lot unoccupied by anything else. In New York you gonna have to take the traffic of Knick/Ranger games and multiply that by at least four. Have you ever been around MSG 20 mins before tip-off? Its plain mayhem. Plus think of the parking. If you have to pay $40 for a spot 5 blocks away from MSG think of the prices of parking for an even with 4x or more people.

Jersey is much more economical and makes more sense to stay there then to go under with public levies for a billion dollar stadium

"The Super Dome is in a lot unoccupied by anything else"...

Well...what is supposed to happen...are supposed to have K Mart and a Home Depot attached to the West Side Stadium?

The solution to your parking problem is parking garages. The SuperDome "shares its lot" with a parking garage. That handles most of the parking problem. And no you can't compare New Orleans and New York traffic wise...but I think that issue is drastically over thought. Does anyone really ever complain about traffic outside of MSG? I don't ever hear it...and yes I have been to a game...I don't think it's that bad at all.

And the only answer I'll provide to you saying Jersey is more economical is a quote, I can't remember the name of the man who originated the quote, "It is never to expensive to do the right thing." Now the 'right thing' is an opinionative statement, but you don't seem to disagree it would be nicer to go to a game in the city. You just think it would be too expensive and a traffic nightmare. I don't think it will...
Posted Image

#43 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

Lot:
6. a distinct portion or piece of land: a building lot.
7. a piece of land forming a part of a district

No it doesn't have to have a K-Mart or some store liek that. You fail to see my point. You compared the Superdomw to a West Side Stadium arguing that they were both Urban Stadiums. The argument that I made is that the surrounding terrain of the proposed West Side stadium differs from that of the Superdome drastically. The Superdome has an expensive "lot" around it and arround that lot there really isnt that much either. Now refer to a stadium on the west side. Zero room for parking. Lets say theres an estimated 80,000 person capacity, at the very least. Are you gonna build a 30 story parking garage?

Posted Image

#44 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:10 AM

LETS GO JERSEY JETS!!!

Anyone who calls Jersey a dump is ignorant. If u dont live here u cant say shit cus Jersey isnt a dump, or anywhere close to it.

New Jersey Rules and I am tired of everytime there is an event in the Meadowlands they say they are in New York on tv. ITS not new york its NEW JERSEY. they should get it right. Jersey rules and i wouldnt have one problem wit it. If u are even considering not being a Jets fan anymore cus it has Jersey infron of there name not only are u not a true fan but that makes no logical sence. Its childish to not like them cus of a simple name change to their true location.

Chad= Cheerleader

#45 User is offline   TBrady Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 27 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well...calling Jersey a dump may be a little harsh...and a little facetious as you say. But I just don't see the appeal in the place...much as I don't see the appeal in Long Isalnd either...it's New York City that I love...and that only really extends to Manhattan and Brooklyn...

It may seem trivial...but if they do change the name I'm not sure I could be a fan. I'm still clinging onto some hope of them having a home in New York. How can one of the most influential cities in the world not have a team? It's kind of ridiculous...

Oh yeah, and there are no trashy, dumpy areas in Manhattan or Brooklyn, right?

Couldn't find a single homeless person or crack whore anywhere in the city, right?

The Jets haven't played in NY in over 20 years, I doubt they will change their name now, they still have NY on their helmet, and I don't think they have any plans of a uniform change any time soon.

As long as they don't pack up and move to L.A. and become the L.A. Jets or something like that I am a fan for life, and Woody is a local guy so I doubt he will be taking the team anywhere, but whether they play in NJ or NY, both places are close enough to accomidate the fans, but NY had their chance to win them back and blew it over stupid political bull sh!t.

#46 User is offline   Kirby JUICE Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:16 AM

It sounds like Hurricane is working in the marketing department for MSG haha.

But anyway, they both have their advantages, not everybody likes the city... No doubt MSG is nicer than continental/giants stadium though.

#47 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 28 2007, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lot:
6. a distinct portion or piece of land: a building lot.
7. a piece of land forming a part of a district

No it doesn't have to have a K-Mart or some store liek that. You fail to see my point. You compared the Superdomw to a West Side Stadium arguing that they were both Urban Stadiums. The argument that I made is that the surrounding terrain of the proposed West Side stadium differs from that of the Superdome drastically. The Superdome has an expensive "lot" around it and arround that lot there really isnt that much either. Now refer to a stadium on the west side. Zero room for parking. Lets say theres an estimated 80,000 person capacity, at the very least. Are you gonna build a 30 story parking garage?

Before I start...I'm not trying to sound like dick...there just isn't any way to type this without sounding like that...but in my head I'm trying to just have a reasonable debate about this...

Now, I'm not sure about this because I can't remember exactly what the plan around the whole railyards site was, but why can't we build garages underground? If it is as I remembered we're building over railyards, so if that is the case, ignore my last sentence. OK yeah I just found a picture of the site...doesn't look like we can build underneath the stadium...haha...

Also...no...I don't see your point about the Superdome having an expensive lot around it. What exactly do you mean? Surrounding the Superdome are office buildings and hotels. It is actually possible it is a denser site than the proposed West Side Site...

That's actually a fairly low area of Manhattan...and definitely in need of some big economic boost such as a stadium. By the way, where is the "great" mixed-use area that would provide cheap housing for tons of people if the stadium wasn't built? What a dick...the Dolan's are going straight to hell for the sins against mankind...

At any rate...back on topic...I think a parking garage could be built in the adjacent lots that could be surrounded by retail and office. Consider the building as a cell...where the parking garage is the nucleus...and the shops, restaurants, and offices are the skin around the garage decks. That leaves no unsightly parking garages and only adds to the experience of going to the stadium as you could have great bars and restaurants directly adjacent to the stadium.

On the other side of the stadium you could place a park...where people could gather and "tailgate" in a nice area.

It's just my thoughts...not everyone will agree...but no one will ever agree with everything anyone says...
Posted Image

#48 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (51Vilma @ Jan 27 2007, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See, that made no sense on two parts. One, the jets would lose more NY fans they goin in NJ fans if they gain any, plsu they lose the biggest TV market in the U.S. Second, are you suggesting by just playing in New Jersey the Devils are playing better? Have you been to a Devils hockey game? There is more blue there than red and anytime the few Devils fans start to get a chant going the Rangers fans drown it out. So how could changing the name benefit the team at all? Answer, it doesn't. Also, heres some straight up facts. The Rangers where 8th in total attendance for the 2005-2006 season, the Devils were 26th out of 30. Even with winning the divison the Devils have horrible attendance. NJ teams alone can hardly survive, they need NY. And cutting the Jets of all it's NY teams would hurt it BAD, because lets face it, the Jets aren't exactly the most winning frachise. The fact is the Jets want to be a NY team, thats why they pushed for a stadium in NY and declined to change their name to Jersey not too long ago.

Dude, I was just stateing that the Devils are a better team....... But they hardly have anyone there because Hockey is not a popular sport at all in NJ. Detriot and Toranto Hockey is huge. I was saying that more NJ people will become Jets fans if they changed their name to NJ, because some NJ people only like NJ teams....

The stadium is in NJ, the name will probaly stay with NY. But it makes more sense to have the stadium in NJ, where it is, because there is more room to have it. Its easier to get into it, and theres alot more room to park. They wont change the name to NJ, because its too profitable to be named NY.

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 28 2007, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before I start...I'm not trying to sound like dick...there just isn't any way to type this without sounding like that...but in my head I'm trying to just have a reasonable debate about this...

Now, I'm not sure about this because I can't remember exactly what the plan around the whole railyards site was, but why can't we build garages underground? If it is as I remembered we're building over railyards, so if that is the case, ignore my last sentence. OK yeah I just found a picture of the site...doesn't look like we can build underneath the stadium...haha...

Also...no...I don't see your point about the Superdome having an expensive lot around it. What exactly do you mean? Surrounding the Superdome are office buildings and hotels. It is actually possible it is a denser site than the proposed West Side Site...

That's actually a fairly low area of Manhattan...and definitely in need of some big economic boost such as a stadium. By the way, where is the "great" mixed-use area that would provide cheap housing for tons of people if the stadium wasn't built? What a dick...the Dolan's are going straight to hell for the sins against mankind...

At any rate...back on topic...I think a parking garage could be built in the adjacent lots that could be surrounded by retail and office. Consider the building as a cell...where the parking garage is the nucleus...and the shops, restaurants, and offices are the skin around the garage decks. That leaves no unsightly parking garages and only adds to the experience of going to the stadium as you could have great bars and restaurants directly adjacent to the stadium.

On the other side of the stadium you could place a park...where people could gather and "tailgate" in a nice area.
It's just my thoughts...not everyone will agree...but no one will ever agree with everything anyone says...

Noway would that be a good site for a stadium, to much stuff around there. its better where it is....
Posted Image

#49 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

We should just buy New Jersey and make it the sixth borough. What good does it really have outside of it's connection to New York as an illegitimate step child? I hated the fact that the state fought for relevance and stripped the Lady Liberty from us. Started drawing water lines.. who does that? I hate moves of desperation.

I'm in agreeance with Hurricane though.. they become the Jersey Jets, I no longer support them as I do now. If I'm going to support an out of state team, I might as well be a bandwagon hopper and support one that wins super bowls or something.. it'll cause for much less heart break.

#50 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jan 28 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We should just buy New Jersey and make it the sixth borough. What good does it really have outside of it's connection to New York as an illegitimate step child? I hated the fact that the state fought for relevance and stripped the Lady Liberty from us. Started drawing water lines.. who does that? I hate moves of desperation.

I'm in agreeance with Hurricane though.. they become the Jersey Jets, I no longer support them as I do now. If I'm going to support an out of state team, I might as well be a bandwagon hopper and support one that wins super bowls or something.. it'll cause for much less heart break.

You act like NJ and NY are 2 different countries.. We are all apart of the same country here....
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

Only what could have been. sad.gif

They would tear me apart if they changed the name to Jersey Jets. I would really have a hard time with this. Jersey is already a ses pool. I know it's hard for them to put it in Manhattan with all trouble with parking and transportation but I'm sure they could find a way. Everytime I think about this I get bummed out.

Leave the Giants in Jersey and move the Jets home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fvck I can't stand this !

#52 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

I support the New York Jets because they are from New York, which is where I have some family. It would be hard for me to root for the New Jersey Jets simply because I'd feel no attachment to the place even though right now they do play there.

At the end of the day if it wasn't for NY politicians then wouldn't the West Side Stadium already be being constructed. The traffic problem wouldn't be too much of an issue as people who live in NY or just outside such as on Long Island could get the short train down and then ride the Subway to the game. It would mean a few thousand would stop having to drive to the game. Those in Jersey could get the train from Newark into Penn and then ride the subway too. I attended a Rangers-Islanders game at the Garden and it was basically packed and the Subway back wasn't that congested. In London any given week you could have five different soccer games going on and although the underground network is pretty packed it's not that bad and parking at the stadium isn't a problem because few do it and there are plenty of garages in the area of most soccer grounds.

Tailgating in the parks would IMO be quite fun too and would be safer as well for kids as there would be no cars to dodge in the parking lots. Heck, they could even hire out boats on the water for fans to have a little pre-game party. Call it floating tailgate parties.

#53 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 28 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I support the New York Jets because they are from New York, which is where I have some family. It would be hard for me to root for the New Jersey Jets simply because I'd feel no attachment to the place even though right now they do play there.

At the end of the day if it wasn't for NY politicians then wouldn't the West Side Stadium already be being constructed. The traffic problem wouldn't be too much of an issue as people who live in NY or just outside such as on Long Island could get the short train down and then ride the Subway to the game. It would mean a few thousand would stop having to drive to the game. Those in Jersey could get the train from Newark into Penn and then ride the subway too. I attended a Rangers-Islanders game at the Garden and it was basically packed and the Subway back wasn't that congested. In London any given week you could have five different soccer games going on and although the underground network is pretty packed it's not that bad and parking at the stadium isn't a problem because few do it and there are plenty of garages in the area of most soccer grounds.

Tailgating in the parks would IMO be quite fun too and would be safer as well for kids as there would be no cars to dodge in the parking lots. Heck, they could even hire out boats on the water for fans to have a little pre-game party. Call it floating tailgate parties.

Yeah...a European would understand what I mean...because they aren't afraid of public transportation over there. They aren't afraid of urban places....as far as I've noticed. We're so scared of traffic and whatnot in America...but everything we do creates more traffic. You have to drive a car to do anything in America...outside of watching TV...taking a piss...and microwaving crap food that is shortening our life span...what can we do without cars? We can't go to school...we can't shop...we can't eat out...we can't go to a sporting event...we can't see a play...we can't even go for a walk...without driving. And that last one I find incredibely funny...that people actually are willing to drive an hour just so they can get to a place that is pleasant to walk around...talk about irony.

On a side note...the only reason we don't have a West Side Stadium in construction at the moment...is because of Dolan...the owner of Cablevision and Madison Square Garden. He at first supported the Jets Stadium...but when he thought the WSS would take away money from his MSG he bashed it. He pulled out all the stops...he owned the cable company so he slandered the WSS all over the TV commercials. And even worse...he wouldn't allow the Jets to air any commercials of their own that were pro-WSS. That's called illegal in America!

It's a shame...a true shame. The West Side Stadium would have revitilized a deteriorating area of Manhattan...it would have given New York a good shot at hosting the Olympics...New York was already guranteed a Super Bowl if the stadium was built...the NCAA was planning to create a College Football Bowl Game that probably would have been the National Championship Game and a hold Final Four Basketball Games there...New Yorkers are missing out on a lot because of one man's greed!

So let's review...no West Side Stadium equals...

...No Olympics...

...No Revitilization of a Deteriorating Area of Manhattan...

...No College Football BCS Bowl Game...

...No NCAA Final Four Games...

...No Super Bowl...

...No Appearance of Numerous Conference and Exhibitions which were planned to be held under the WSS's retractable roof...

...Another lifetime of being second rate to the Giants...

...And No NFL Team in the Countries Biggest Market!!!

Posted Image

#54 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jan 28 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very ignorant

IPB Image

#55 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (EnRiCH13 @ Jan 28 2007, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very ignorant

How is that ignorant?

#56 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

I was going for immature. But ignorant works, too.

#57 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

To belittle an entire state saying that it is worthless is very ignorant.

IPB Image

#58 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (EnRiCH13 @ Jan 28 2007, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To belittle an entire state saying that it is worthless is very ignorant.

iagree.gif Comon everything that people are saying about NJ on here is BS thurs nuthing rong wit it and we arent a province of NY. If u wanna talk about NY so much and how great they are then stay the hell there and dont come down in the summer and cause traffic and ruin the beaches.

Chad= Cheerleader

#59 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 28 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iagree.gif Comon everything that people are saying about NJ on here is BS thurs nuthing rong wit it and we arent a province of NY. If u wanna talk about NY so much and how great they are then stay the hell there and dont come down in the summer and cause traffic and ruin the beaches.

Once again...consider it done...

I'm not really attacking Jersey...it's just the prime example...what does Jersey have to offer? And don't say beaches because a lot of places have beaches...and it isn't like the Jersey Shore crystal clear water either...

I'm gonna do a quick comparison between what New York City offers you...and what a place like New Jersey offers you...pick which one you'd rather go visit...

Dining

Jersey

NYC

Shopping

Jersey

NYC

Parks

Jersey

I admittedly couldn't find much on parks in New Jersey...other than going into the mountains...which are beautiful...but I'm talking about a park...not a mountain.

NYC

Homes

Jersey

NYC

Museums

Jersey

Drawing a blank here...

NYC

And just for fun...the first image that shows up on a Google Image Search...

New Jersey

New York City

That last one was pretty telling...again this isn't solely an attack on Jersey...you can plug in most places for Jersey and get the same thing. I'm just an advocate of city life...and that doesn't mean it has to be on a NYC scale...smaller towns work fine too.

How many times did you pick the Jersey option? We can go on forever comparing the two...bars...nightclubs...theatre's. But really...there is no comparison...nothing comes close...
Posted Image

#60 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

Take a look at places like Ridgefield Park, or Old Bridge, where I lived before I moved. We lived on 1 1/4 acres of land with trees and whatnot. I'd much rather live there than an apartment in Greenwich Village. Most of NE New Jersey is a suburb of NYC. So you can't really compare the two. Of course NYC is gonna have more nightlife and whatnot, thats because people out of the city travel to the city for entertainment. THATS HOW IT IS EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Posted Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users