NYJetsFan.com Forums: Has Anyone Heard About... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I'm watching cops lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) yo
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Has Anyone Heard About... A Name Change...

#61 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 28 2007, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again...consider it done...

I'm not really attacking Jersey...it's just the prime example...what does Jersey have to offer? And don't say beaches because a lot of places have beaches...and it isn't like the Jersey Shore crystal clear water either...

I'm gonna do a quick comparison between what New York City offers you...and what a place like New Jersey offers you...pick which one you'd rather go visit...

Dining

Jersey

NYC

Shopping

Jersey

NYC

Parks

Jersey

I admittedly couldn't find much on parks in New Jersey...other than going into the mountains...which are beautiful...but I'm talking about a park...not a mountain.

NYC

Homes

Jersey

NYC

Jersey

Drawing a blank here...

NYC

New Jersey

New York City

That last one was pretty telling...again this isn't solely an attack on Jersey...you can plug in most places for Jersey and get the same thing. I'm just an advocate of city life...and that doesn't mean it has to be on a NYC scale...smaller towns work fine too.

How many times did you pick the Jersey option? We can go on forever comparing the two...bars...nightclubs...theatre's. But really...there is no comparison...nothing comes close...

Yea it donest come close crazy.gif thats why 90% of the poeple actually LIVE in Jersey and commute to NY. Jersey has more parks, not just one. Jersey has more places to do sports, live, run. Jersey has more property to live on and actual Houses not crampt apartments.

Jersey doesnt have the noise or inconvineint traffic NY has unless its rush hour cus all the NY guys have to go to and fromn there.

New York City NEVA impressed me. Ive been there a bunch of times usually to see sporting events and i can do without. Its overprised shopping, eating and living. I mean comon, i have guys that i go to football camps with that are from new york and tell me how they have to pay $20 or more jsut for a movie tickes. TO SEE A MOVIE! comon. NY is just an overpriced rip off.

Chad= Cheerleader

#62 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:45 PM

you cant google a place and know about it

IPB Image

#63 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (EnRiCH13 @ Jan 28 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you cant google a place and know about it

Eevry single piece of school work I have ever done begs to differ, but I agree anyways

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#64 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 28 2007, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea it donest come close crazy.gif thats why 90% of the poeple actually LIVE in Jersey and commute to NY. Jersey has more parks, not just one. Jersey has more places to do sports, live, run. Jersey has more property to live on and actual Houses not crampt apartments.

Jersey doesnt have the noise or inconvineint traffic NY has unless its rush hour cus all the NY guys have to go to and fromn there.

New York City NEVA impressed me. Ive been there a bunch of times usually to see sporting events and i can do without. Its overprised shopping, eating and living. I mean comon, i have guys that i go to football camps with that are from new york and tell me how they have to pay $20 or more jsut for a movie tickes. TO SEE A MOVIE! comon. NY is just an overpriced rip off.

You get what you pay for...

You can have your suburban house with your big lot. Do you know how much money you spend on gas? I think it is estimated an average suburban person spends $8,000 a year on gas. So figure a couple spends maybe $14,000...and a nuclear family spends $20,000 a year on gas. So I'll take my $20,000 a year and I'll go buy my $20 movie ticket...and eat my expensive meals (incredibely tasteful meals)...and do all those fun, expensive things a city offers me day in and day out.

And 90%...seriously...90% what? 90% of the people who work in the city live in Jersey...what? 90% what? Sounds like really well reasearched, insightful numbers there. It's a natural cycle of life. Studies have shown (I'm sorry I can't produce any proof of the studies...I just remember hearing this) that, in general, families are moving back to cities. The post-war trend was to move out of the cities...because that was what you did. To that generation, success meant getting your carbon copy suburban home, and a Home Depot in your town. But the younger generations are realizing that leaves them with no identity and no culture...so they are moving back into the cities.

Now city life isn't for everyone...and that's OK. I think living in the country can be beautiful. In the mountains or on the coast...in unspoiled nature. That's great. But not suburbs...that isn't nature. The suburbs...to me...take the worst parts of city life and country life...and combine them into one. You get the ugly man made structures, pollution, and traffic of city life...and the far distances to everything, and lack of cultural activities found in the country...all right here in our very own suburbs!!! Yippee!

So you take your big 'ol house...I'll live in a "cramped" apartment in the city...and I'll walk downstairs from my apartment in the evening and sit down at a cafe and get some coffee...I'll go for runs in Central Park on the weekends...I'll walk a couple blocks to the bar and enjoy some drinks with friends...I'll hope on the Subway and go uptown to sit in the Cloisters and relax...I'll head over to Restaurant Row and eat at some of the finest restaurants in the world...I'll do a million different things...and each one will have their own character...unlike the Paramus Mall...
Posted Image

#65 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

Its gotten to the point where everything you say is blah blah blah blahblah. You criticize him for his research when your primary source for ifo is typing 'New Jersey" into the google image engine and taking what you can from there. Thats like a retard criticizing a paralyzed person for not being able to walk

Living in NJ gives you the oppurtunity to take advatage of the entertainment and other qualities and mix them with the living and family qualities (among other things) of New Jersey.

Posted Image

#66 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 28 2007, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its gotten to the point where everything you say is blah blah blah blahblah. You criticize him for his research when your primary source for ifo is typing 'New Jersey" into the google image engine and taking what you can from there. Thats like a retard criticizing a paralyzed person for not being able to walk

Living in NJ gives you the oppurtunity to take advatage of the entertainment and other qualities and mix them with the living and family qualities (among other things) of New Jersey.

I have yet to see countering anything...what is so good about Jersey? Your car? It's a personal opinion of mine that you can't take true advantage of the "entertainment and other qualities" of the city when it is an event to do it. When you have to drive 45 minutes...find a place to park...overpay for parking...walk around for a bit...and than hurry back to the car becaus you're tired from all the hustling around...

I also don't understand the family qualities of New Jersey? How is it any different? Are you saying it's better that your kid can't walk anywhere? Is it better that if he or she wants to go out with their friends you have to drive them to the mall or where ever? Is it better that your children become fat slobs because they don't walk anywhere?

A few years back Detroit was found to be the most obese of the major cities in America...when the mayor of Detroit was asked why he thought that may be...he responded by saying it was, "probably because we drive everywhere."

The healthiest cities in the world are repeadetly reported to be places such as San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC. This has to do with those places being easily walkable cities. The least healthiest are usually cities such as San Antonio, Orlando, and Detroit. All very car-dominated cities.

If all you are seeing is blah blah blah blah...than stop waisting your time and don't read it...truth hurts...
Posted Image

#67 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

your so ignorant and misinformed

notice non of these "healthy cities" had the name new york?
and these so called "least healthiest cities" were in the state of new jersey?
you may be stating your "opinion"
but in as malicious a way as you can get

instead of saying new york is a nice place you must try to find negative in new jersey
then you try to attack that new jersey children are fat slobs?
this as your sitting at home on your computer?
why dont you take your ignorant ass away from the computer and go take a hike

IPB Image

#68 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 28 2007, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have yet to see countering anything...what is so good about Jersey? Your car? It's a personal opinion of mine that you can't take true advantage of the "entertainment and other qualities" of the city when it is an event to do it. When you have to drive 45 minutes...find a place to park...overpay for parking...walk around for a bit...and than hurry back to the car becaus you're tired from all the hustling around...

I also don't understand the family qualities of New Jersey? How is it any different? Are you saying it's better that your kid can't walk anywhere? Is it better that if he or she wants to go out with their friends you have to drive them to the mall or where ever? Is it better that your children become fat slobs because they don't walk anywhere?

A few years back Detroit was found to be the most obese of the major cities in America...when the mayor of Detroit was asked why he thought that may be...he responded by saying it was, "probably because we drive everywhere."

The healthiest cities in the world are repeadetly reported to be places such as San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC. This has to do with those places being easily walkable cities. The least healthiest are usually cities such as San Antonio, Orlando, and Detroit. All very car-dominated cities.

If all you are seeing is blah blah blah blah...than stop waisting your time and don't read it...truth hurts...

hoss, ever been to Cape May or anywhere at the Jersey Shore for that matter?

Also, remember that you live in Florida prob havent seen much of Jersey..you have such an ignorant view its rediculous...."kid cant walk anywhere"????? that right there shows you've only been to some "suburban" parts of Jersey..you've obviously never been to the coastal towns where you are in walking distance to every where...everything revolves around the "Main Street" in the middle of the town and then the beach is a block or two away with clubs and restaurants all over the place right on the boardwalk hoss...
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#69 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (EnRiCH13 @ Jan 28 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your so ignorant and misinformed

notice non of these "healthy cities" had the name new york?
and these so called "least healthiest cities" were in the state of new jersey?
you may be stating your "opinion"
but in as malicious a way as you can get

instead of saying new york is a nice place you must try to find negative in new jersey
then you try to attack that new jersey children are fat slobs?
this as your sitting at home on your computer?
why dont you take your ignorant ass away from the computer and go take a hike

Did I not say you can plug other places in for Jersey...I did say I wasn't specifically taking Jersey. I'm criticizing suburban life...I don't see it as being malicious...and if it was taken that way I apologize...however...you're being pretty malicious yourself.

And how do you know I'm sitting at home...I could be anywhere...as a matter of fact I'm sitting in a courtyard outside at the moment...wireless internet is fun!

As a matter of fact...New York is considered towards the unhealthy end of the "healthiest cities" list. This thread started one way...but to me has just veered off to a debate between suburban and urban life. I apologize if I didn't make that clear enough.

QUOTE (vilmatime51 @ Jan 28 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hoss, ever been to Cape May or anywhere at the Jersey Shore for that matter?

remember that you live in Florida by the way prob havent seen much of Jersey..you have such an ignorant view its rediculous...."kid cant walk anywhere"????? that right there shows you've only been to some "coastal" parts of Jersey..you've obviously never been to the coastal towns where you are in walking distance to every where...everything revolves around the Main Street in the middle of the town and then the beach is a block or two away...

I'm in Florida for another couple of months...I'm from New York...spare me from reminded me of this hell I live in. Florid is a truely scary place...the fields of high rise condo's and gated communities never ends. And I've seen plenty of Jersey. Again...towards the end of my arguments I wasn't even talking about Jersey. However, I have not seen many of the towns you speak of in Jersey. If they truely do revolve around a Main Street with Mixed-use...walkable distances...inter-connected streets...and an absense of cul-de-sacs and gated communities....than that is great. I know in the early development of the state of New Jersey they planned satellite cities and garden cities that operated in ways similiar to small European winery towns and such in the country. This sounds like one of those places...and sounds great. Again...I wasn't dissing all of Jersey for the lats couple of posts...more suburban life...sorr if I used Jersey as my example.

You could easily replace every time I said New Jersey with Long Island if it helps...or even better...Florida...
Posted Image

#70 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 28 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iagree.gif Comon everything that people are saying about NJ on here is BS thurs nuthing rong wit it and we arent a province of NY. If u wanna talk about NY so much and how great they are then stay the hell there and dont come down in the summer and cause traffic and ruin the beaches.

If we didn't the state would go broke. What's jersey's annual income off tolls alone from NY into NJ? Jersey will forever be known as the state next to New York.

#71 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jan 28 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we didn't the state would go broke. What's jersey's annual income off tolls alone from NY into NJ? Jersey will forever be known as the state next to New York.

I've never heard New Jersey known as that actually.
Posted Image

#72 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:38 PM

America's armpit, then?

#73 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

Try again, this time encorporate 'most beautiful' or 'greatest'

Posted Image

#74 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

man
i could totally go off on new york and new yorkers
but i wont
im not an asshole and will respect the other respectable members of this site from new york

IPB Image

#75 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

I like New York, its my second favorite place

Posted Image

#76 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

nah go for it. i don't see why it's that big of a deal. every state and city seems to have an inferiority complex when it comes to new york. out of state dudes hate us.. boston is tired of living in our shadow. it's kinda cute. but it's really not that serious. it's no one's choice where they're born.

#77 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jan 28 2007, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nah go for it. i don't see why it's that big of a deal. every state and city seems to have an inferiority complex when it comes to new york. out of state dudes hate us.. boston is tired of living in our shadow. it's kinda cute. but it's really not that serious. it's no one's choice where they're born.

NY is shit compared to LA and Paris.
Posted Image

#78 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

I hate LA it really does suck to me

Posted Image

#79 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 28 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate LA it really does suck to me

LA is awesome.
Posted Image

#80 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Jan 28 2007, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LA is awesome.

Its too hot and deserty and the city is too spread out for me, I do love me some San Diego. Best west coast city for sure

Posted Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users