NYJetsFan.com Forums: Do You Think Leon Washington? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Do You Think Leon Washington?

#21 User is offline   nysackexchange Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 28 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's because they have Maroney...and because Leon is more talented than Faulk...but being more talented than Faulk isn't hard to do. Faulk is a role player used perfectly in the system the Pats set up for him. The Jets should find an appropriate role and system for Leon as well...because no one can deny he is amazing in the open field...but as a feature back you aren't always going to get in the open field. So you get a feature back...and then create certain situations where you try and get Leon into the open field.

Thats exactly my point. Faulk is a third down back, Leon has shown that he can be much more of that so I think its dumb to just label him as a specialty player as I stated earlier.

The point i'm trying to get across is not that Leon is the hands down answer at our RB position. He's not Curtis Martin we all know that. However I don't think he's just a third down back and he at least should get an opportunity to prove whether or not he can handle the load full time.

#22 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:55 PM

It doesnt matter. We're not saying leon will not run for 100 yards. Faulk ran for 100 yards but that doesn't means he's an every down back. Leon is the classic 3rd down back. Small, speed, good hands and ability to run and make people miss in the open field. He couldn't run in the middle against the 5th best run defense in the league. Not in the NFL. He's not the very down back period. We love leon but we're asking for someone bigger and run in the middle and in open field and make people miss. We're never going to a super bowl without a true RB.

#23 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (nysackexchange @ Jan 28 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats exactly my point. Faulk is a third down back, Leon has shown that he can be much more of that so I think its dumb to just label him as a specialty player as I stated earlier.

The point i'm trying to get across is not that Leon is the hands down answer at our RB position. He's not Curtis Martin we all know that. However I don't think he's just a third down back and he at least should get an opportunity to prove whether or not he can handle the load full time.

How has Leon shown it? I never seen him pound it inside? Only time I see Leon do something positive is when he's in the open field...and that is a great asset to the team...but I just don't see a feature back in him.

My point about the Patriots is they aren't debating if Faulk can handle the load because they already have Maroney. We don't have anyone like Maroney...so we have to wonder...
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   nysackexchange Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 28 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How has Leon shown it? I never seen him pound it inside? Only time I see Leon do something positive is when he's in the open field...and that is a great asset to the team...but I just don't see a feature back in him.

My point about the Patriots is they aren't debating if Faulk can handle the load because they already have Maroney. We don't have anyone like Maroney...so we have to wonder...

I only brought up the Pats because I was trying to show an example of what a typical third down back is and that Leon was much better than that. Obviously Maroney is the man there and I guess my example was a little confusing.

Everyone always says little backs can't get it done, Leon was decent between the tackles from the games i saw. He's not going to "pound it inside" I know that, but does Brian Westbrook pound it inside? Warrick Dunn? We don't know if Leon can be as good as them I'm just saying he deserves the chance to show whether or not he can be. He's much more talented then simply a third down back. We could use him more like Reggie Bush.

Best case scenario I think would be to draft a bruiser like Tony Hunt and have split carries.

Also I like this Forum because people actually debate things rather than just saying "Leon sucks and so do you" I'm glad I found this place.

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

I've seen Leon pound it in the inside, he always seems to get yards going up the middle, because he can hide behind the linemen and has strong legs.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (nysackexchange @ Jan 28 2007, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only brought up the Pats because I was trying to show an example of what a typical third down back is and that Leon was much better than that. Obviously Maroney is the man there and I guess my example was a little confusing.

Everyone always says little backs can't get it done, Leon was decent between the tackles from the games i saw. He's not going to "pound it inside" I know that, but does Brian Westbrook pound it inside? Warrick Dunn? We don't know if Leon can be as good as them I'm just saying he deserves the chance to show whether or not he can be. He's much more talented then simply a third down back. We could use him more like Reggie Bush.

Best case scenario I think would be to draft a bruiser like Tony Hunt and have split carries.

Also I like this Forum because people actually debate things rather than just saying "Leon sucks and so do you" I'm glad I found this place.

Yeah this forum is pretty good about presenting reasoning for opinions...it is refreshing to see isn't it!? Glad we got another guy who presents facts to go along with opinions! Welcome...

At any rate...I think Warrick Dunn is actually pretty good between the tackles. He really can pound the ball. Westbrook not as much...but he is capable of taking it inside. Now, obviously it is hard to make a judgement after one year. It is possible Leon can handle all 3 downs...but right now I tend to lean towards he cannot.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   nysackexchange Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 28 2007, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah this forum is pretty good about presenting reasoning for opinions...it is refreshing to see isn't it!? Glad we got another guy who presents facts to go along with opinions! Welcome...

At any rate...I think Warrick Dunn is actually pretty good between the tackles. He really can pound the ball. Westbrook not as much...but he is capable of taking it inside. Now, obviously it is hard to make a judgement after one year. It is possible Leon can handle all 3 downs...but right now I tend to lean towards he cannot.

In the immortal words of Ron Burgandy, "Agree to Disagree"

#28 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

I disagree to agree....does that make sense...I'm gonna have to think about that for a minute and see if it makes sense. Haha
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   CHaD4MVP Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:11 PM

i think that leon definetly needs to get bigger in the offseason. once he puts some more muscle on then he'll be able to run through some of those tackles that pinned him down at the line of scrimmage. i think that if we give him time, he'll be a "tiki barber" kind of runnin back.

#30 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:40 PM

in my oppinion i view leon as a poor mans reggie bush which isnt an insult in any manner. I think that if we can get a bruiser like duece mccalister i think Leon will have a lot more success as the brusier will wear down defenses and allow leon to make big plays in the 2nd half of games. If we can get a bigger RB in who can carry around 15 times a game while leon gets another 5-10 carrys a game leon will flourish very nicely.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#31 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 28 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen Leon pound it in the inside, he always seems to get yards going up the middle, because he can hide behind the linemen and has strong legs.

Against the Pats in the playoffs he really struggled, as in the game against Buffalo at home. Early on he can do what you say but later in a game, as he is worn out, he struggles to take advantage of a worn out D as he can't really push the pile. There was a reason why Houston and Barlow were used almost always down at the goalline and on 3rd and short situations because Leon struggled to punch it up the middle when it mattered most.

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 29 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Against the Pats in the playoffs he really struggled, as in the game against Buffalo at home. Early on he can do what you say but later in a game, as he is worn out, he struggles to take advantage of a worn out D as he can't really push the pile. There was a reason why Houston and Barlow were used almost always down at the goalline and on 3rd and short situations because Leon struggled to punch it up the middle when it mattered most.

Thats because our offensive line sucks and fails to open up holes. Moore gets blown off the line like every time. And Brick gets pushed around too. Our line has to play better.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

this is why we do not need to address RB in the first round....and like many of us have been saying Bush or Hunt would be prefect in the draft. Leon is not just a third down back or a featured back, but just a football player.....look at what the saints do....is reggie either?? not saying leon has those skills, but the saints have a custom fit for reggie...lining him up all over etc...we need another RB, but leon is good enough that it doesnt have to be a 1st rounder this year we have too many other holes....im hoping for hunt!!

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

#34 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (kobeskool @ Jan 28 2007, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont think houston can stay healthy enough we need to draft a guys to split the carries with washington

I don't think Houston can become somthing amazing, but the only times he got injured as a Jet was before training camp in a car accident, and when an player landed on his knee while his leg was extended. I don't know many athletes who wouldn't get injured from something like that.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#35 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (VILMAmazing51 @ Jan 29 2007, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is why we do not need to address RB in the first round....and like many of us have been saying Bush or Hunt would be prefect in the draft. Leon is not just a third down back or a featured back, but just a football player.....look at what the saints do....is reggie either?? not saying leon has those skills, but the saints have a custom fit for reggie...lining him up all over etc...we need another RB, but leon is good enough that it doesnt have to be a 1st rounder this year we have too many other holes....im hoping for hunt!!

Im actually starting to really like Hunt. He did do a good job during the senior bowl week. He is the type of RB that wears a defense down. He would be a nice pick for us, he may become a first round pick thouhg, since his stock is rising alot.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

i think our first 2nd rounder will fall right around when he goes...maybe a little before or after but we are def close at 4 in the 2nd round

#37 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:08 PM

I definetly think he can do the job .. along with Houston (if he can stay healthy)

what we need to draft is somebody that will create the holes for him to run through

#38 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (CrazyHorseDave @ Jan 29 2007, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I definetly think he can do the job .. along with Houston (if he can stay healthy)

what we need to draft is somebody that will create the holes for him to run through

Yea we need a 2 OGs, a RG for next year and a replacement for Kendall since he is old.
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

iagree.gif

loving beekman right now....we need a kickass line, but if we can get hunt id love it....my only fear is that he would not be all that diff from barlow or houston and we would be better of going more defense or oline

#40 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (VILMAmazing51 @ Jan 29 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iagree.gif

loving beekman right now....we need a kickass line, but if we can get hunt id love it....my only fear is that he would not be all that diff from barlow or houston and we would be better of going more defense or oline

After the Senior Bowl, I'm thinking his stock skyrocketed. Hes our best option for a late round RB still.

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users