NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sportings News : Senior Bowl Draft Dish - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM) Who knows though
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Sportings News : Senior Bowl Draft Dish

#1 User is offline   TimmyLamJones Icon

• "06 Top 10 Donator"/06 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

Senior Bowl Dish: Game on for Willis, Meriweather

Jan. 28, 2007 Print it

By War Room scouts

MOBILE, Ala. -- Saturday's game day finally arrived at the Senior Bowl, but it wasn't the prettiest sight with cold and rainy conditions in Ladd-Peebles Stadium, which was only half full for the prospects.

The North, led by Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith (completed 5-of-15 passes in the bad weather for 52 yards and a TD) and Penn State running back Tony Hunt (named the game's MVP with 8 carries for 38 yards and a TD), was able to handle the elements much better in shutting out the South, 27-0.

Smith and Hunt got the headline attention in an ugly, lopsided affair, but there were several other players on both squads who stood out in the game to put the stamp on a long week of practice and playing. Here are eight players we put on the spot for the Senior Bowl game, and how they fared in their Mobile finale:

1. Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss. Willis had a solid but unspectacular week in practice, but he raised his game several notches in the game and made plays all over the field. He showed an uncanny ability to find the ball quickly and then move toward it quickly. He also showed the range to make tackles from sideline-to-sideline -- something he didn't show in practice. Once Willis got moving, he had the speed to both make plays against the run and stay with backs and tight ends in tight man-to-man coverage. On the strength of his game-high 11 tackles, he earned South defensive player of the game honors.

2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (Fla.) Meriweather proved himself worthy of high rating and first-round draft status. He read and then reacted well to skinny post routes coming at him by coming up quickly and making violent hits/tackles after balls arrived. He showed how athletic he is by covering a receiver very well in tight man-to-man in the red zone and forcing an incomplete pass. For a safety (6-0, 190) who lacks the ideal height and weight combination for the position, he also was willing to come up and make physical tackles in run support.

3. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville. Okoye finished up an impressive week of practice with another strong performance in the game. He was consistently quick off the ball and showed his natural athleticism when chasing down plays. He showed he definitely has the quick feet and hands to consistently beat offensive linemen one-on-one. Okoye still is raw in some areas, but he is very talented overall with tremendous upside.

4. Levi Brown, T, Penn State. Brown continued what has been a frustrating week for both him and the scouts evaluating him. He showed he clearly had the athleticism, size (6-3 1/2, 315) and strength necessary to pass-protect against all the defensive ends who saw in Mobile. However, all too often Brown did not use his hands aggressively enough and allowed ends to dictate the pass rush and beat him. Texas end Tim Crowder did the most damage, beating Brown for a number of hits on the quarterback.

5. Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina. Although no receiver dominated the game in terms of catches and stats, Allison (2 catches for 22 yards) impressed exactly as he did all week. He ran sharp and precise routes and consistently got a bit of separation from defensive backs. He also showed the ability to twist and adjust when making a nice catch for one of the North's three touchdowns.

6. Jay Moore, DE, Nebraska. After struggling through a tough week of practice, Moore delivered a great game. He consistently pressured the quarterback from wherever he lined up, showing a good closing burst to finish sacks and delivering hard blows. He needed a good game after being outperformed by college teammate Adam Carriker during the week.

7. James Marten, T, Boston College. Marten was one of the week's most pleasant surprises and continued to impress with a great performance in the game. He was not dominant, but he did a good job of pass blocking against two top defensive linemen, Florida's Ray McDonald and Georgia's Quentin Moses. Marten excelled at getting out of his stance and sliding to the corner to cut off the initial edge rush, and then he could tie up his man to keep that man from pressuring the quarterback.

8. Thomas Clayton, RB, Kansas State. There were few running back stats to go around in the game after Hunt and Washington State wide receiver Jason Hill (who went 35 yards on a nice reverse), but despite turning 8 carries into only 17 yards for the North, Clayton showed some good quickness, agility, athleticism and elusiveness. Clayton was added to the North roster on Tuesday after Northern Illinois running back Garrett Wolfe (hamstring) was hurt on the first day of practice, and certainly took advantage of the extra chance to boost his stock.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users