NYJetsFan.com Forums: Dan Quinn Talks To Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Today's Jets news: Sign Chris Johnson - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38339 | Host Sidney Rice - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38341
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) He ain't wearing 28
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) Well considering they already retired #28 in honor of Curtis Martin, I don't see Johnson wearing #28.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:35 PM) Kind of defeats the purpose of retiring a number.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) But I know he better not wear LaMont Jordan's number. Or I'll be pissed.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Dan Quinn Talks To Jets

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:27 AM

Quinn talks to Jets

A source said former Dolphins defensive line coach Dan Quinn interviewed Thursday for the same position with the New York Jets and also has drawn strong interest from Arizona. Quinn was fired by new Dolphins coach Cam Cameron earlier this week after refusing to sign a contract extension, two sources said.

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:38 AM

That would be a great hire...even though they ran a predominent 4-3...you can't deny they had an amazing line and run defense this past year.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:10 AM

Can you change the topic name to Dan Quinn. I immediately thought they were talking to Brady Quinn and got excited.

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Feb 2 2007, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you change the topic name to Dan Quinn. I immediately thought they were talking to Brady Quinn and got excited.

I would get incredibely pissed off if they were talking to Brady Quinn...drafting Quinn would mean trading up basically all of our picks and maybe even a player for an over-rated QB...when we already have Clemens on the roster...

I'm all for drafting a QB in the later rounds...but not trading up for one...
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:43 AM

It's still exciting none the less. I wouldn't want to trade up to #2 to get him, but hey, the last mock draft we saw had him falling to #23 man. It's realistic to think they could move up 2 spots to get him..... crazy.gif

Anyway, that's why I petitioned Dubb, and thanks for doing that. I thought, "Wow that doesn't make any sense." But I still think Quinn is gonna be a great pro one day. I think I like Leinart better though. And whoever said he didn't have an arm was wrong. I watched his throws this year, he threw some really nice deep routes. Clemens is our man though and I'm sticking to it: Clemens in 07!

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Feb 2 2007, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's still exciting none the less. I wouldn't want to trade up to #2 to get him, but hey, the last mock draft we saw had him falling to #23 man. It's realistic to think they could move up 2 spots to get him..... crazy.gif

Anyway, that's why I petitioned Dubb, and thanks for doing that. I thought, "Wow that doesn't make any sense." But I still think Quinn is gonna be a great pro one day. I think I like Leinart better though. And whoever said he didn't have an arm was wrong. I watched his throws this year, he threw some really nice deep routes. Clemens is our man though and I'm sticking to it: Clemens in 07!

I know, people on thsi site didnt know what they were talking about saying Leinart didnt have any arm strength. Leinart has plenty of it, I still wish that we toke Leinart instead of Brick. He would of been perfect for our offense..... He will win a superbowl one day...
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Feb 3 2007, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, people on thsi site didnt know what they were talking about saying Leinart didnt have any arm strength. Leinart has plenty of it, I still wish that we toke Leinart instead of Brick. He would of been perfect for our offense..... He will win a superbowl one day...

Those are some pretty lofty statements...you want to go on record with those predictions?
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Feb 3 2007, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those are some pretty lofty statements...you want to go on record with those predictions?

Sure. He will win a superbowl one day in his career.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Feb 3 2007, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure. He will win a superbowl one day in his career.

If we picked him instead of DBrick he'd have been battered behind our offensive line.

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Feb 3 2007, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we picked him instead of DBrick he'd have been battered behind our offensive line.

Well the Cardinals have a horrible offensive line. Plus we could of taken Mcneil in the 2nd round...
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Feb 3 2007, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the Cardinals have a horrible offensive line. Plus we could of taken Mcneil in the 2nd round...

In hindsight we could have taken McNeil and seeing how well he did this year he would have gone much higher but at the time of the draft there were questions surrounding his back and obviously the FO wanted to solidify the OLine with a player who didn't have a question mark hanging over his head and who was touted as the better prospect.
Leinart should be a star in this league but in Arizona they already had the supporting cast in place (Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) whereas if we'd have taken Leinart we wouldn't have the supporting cast in place. Before the season started Coles was the only healthy, proven star we had on the team, Cotchery hadn't started a game in his career, JMac had underachieved, Martin was injured and there were four candidates vying to be the guy at RB. Yes the Cards OLine isn't the best but their offense was in better shape than ours was on paper back then. We had holes at tackle, center, RB and WR whereas their skill positions were filled.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

the fins play a 3-4. he would be a great hire
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Feb 3 2007, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In hindsight we could have taken McNeil and seeing how well he did this year he would have gone much higher but at the time of the draft there were questions surrounding his back and obviously the FO wanted to solidify the OLine with a player who didn't have a question mark hanging over his head and who was touted as the better prospect.
Leinart should be a star in this league but in Arizona they already had the supporting cast in place (Boldin, Fitzgerald, James) whereas if we'd have taken Leinart we wouldn't have the supporting cast in place. Before the season started Coles was the only healthy, proven star we had on the team, Cotchery hadn't started a game in his career, JMac had underachieved, Martin was injured and there were four candidates vying to be the guy at RB. Yes the Cards OLine isn't the best but their offense was in better shape than ours was on paper back then. We had holes at tackle, center, RB and WR whereas their skill positions were filled.

WR was never a hole for us. We always knew our WRs were good just didnt have a QB to throw to them. And I always knew Cotchery was going to be good. Since last season I been wanting Cotchery to start over McCariens.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Feb 3 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the fins play a 3-4. he would be a great hire

Not quite...their base is a 4-3...but they've done a great job moving Jason Taylor around. He played a lot of linebacker this year...actually...he played a lot of Jason Taylor this year. He didn't really have a position on a lot of plays...just standing up and moving from one side of the scrimmage to another blitzing in every gap.

But their base was still a 4-3.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Feb 3 2007, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not quite...their base is a 4-3...but they've done a great job moving Jason Taylor around. He played a lot of linebacker this year...actually...he played a lot of Jason Taylor this year. He didn't really have a position on a lot of plays...just standing up and moving from one side of the scrimmage to another blitzing in every gap.

But their base was still a 4-3.

NFL.com has them as a 4-3 but i seen them open up in a 3-4 alot.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Feb 3 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NFL.com has them as a 4-3 but i seen them open up in a 3-4 alot.

Granted...they play a lot of "3-4" But I vew their defense more as a hybrid similiar to what Donnie Henderson did when he was here. We moved John Abe around a bit...but to any extent near what they did with Jason Taylor this year.

So I see what you mean...in my opinion I call them a base 4-3 team.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:15 AM

It's not a 3-4 or a 4-3. It's a balanced D. Remember when Mangini said that "he will employ any defense that will win a game" that was B.S because he's primarily a 3-4 guy. The Phins on the other hand are the true balanced D team. People can guess what their base is but their base is who they play where as Mangini forces the 3-4 to work and shows glimpses of the 4-3.

NFL.com doesn't base their thinking on calling things balanced. It's either 4-3,3-4,4-6 and cover 2. Balanced D is an actual base but they don't call it that. The call defenses on what they use more. They might use 4-3 more but it's doesn't make them a PRO 4-3 team. It could be because the greater of their opponents have merited them to use a 4-3. There are some games I've seen them play that they haven't came out of the 3-4.

It's a Balanced D.

#18 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Feb 4 2007, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WR was never a hole for us. We always knew our WRs were good just didnt have a QB to throw to them. And I always knew Cotchery was going to be good. Since last season I been wanting Cotchery to start over McCariens.

But at the time of the draft last year he hadn't shown he could be a productive starting WR as under Herm he got little playing time. You may have thought he was going to be good but in April no one knew he was going to be as good as he was this season. When Ryan Leaf got drafted everyone was saying he was going to be great, look how that turned out. My point is the way he played this season showed how good Cotchery is, he had done little beforehand in the pros (not his fault) to show he would be a very good WR.

#19 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

[quote]Heard in the press box: The Jets interviewed former Dolphins defensive line coach Dan Quinn last week. Quinn was fired by new Miami coach Cam Cameron. My peeps here tell me heís a terrific coach. He would replace Denny Marcin, who is floating in coaching limbo. Officially, he hasnít been dismissed, but sources say heís not coming back as the D-line coach.[quote]

I found this on Rich Cimini`s blog, and an interesting note on Denny Marcin.
http://blogs.nydailynews.com/jets/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users