NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Draft W/ Great Season Summary - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mock Draft W/ Great Season Summary

#1 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

http://condraft.com/mocks/round-1.html

http://condraft.com/mocks/round-2.html

http://condraft.com/mocks/round-3.html

Im not in love with the 2nd and 3rd rounds but it was alright. They filled all of our needs except for CB in which we can get somone like Nate Clements in FA. Jarvis Moss would be Bryon Thomas' carbon copy at the other side, although i would rather get Carriker.

With M. Bush being gone they had us gettin Leonard. Even though i sorta started to drift away about the idea of drafting him now that i think about it this pick would be pretty good. We could have a duo back feild of Leonard/ Leon. In that case it would be so obvious as it was last year when whenever we had Leon it would be a swing or screen. Now with Leonard back there along with Leon we actually have a FB that can run. And he could pound it up the middle. I was very disapointed when i heard that he was trying to loose poundage during senior bowl week so he could be a feature back but he kind of can with a duo back field like this. This could potentially turn into a Reggie/ Duece backfeild. Therefore i am now in love w/ this pick.

I'm not so sure i like the pick of NT Turk McBride. Because that would mean Robertson wont be able to play NT or DE. Unless they assume we would put Moss at OLB and then move Robertson to NT and Turk would play NT. If that is the case then someone would be left w/o his LB spot. And that could be a problem. With that we would be looking at a whole shift around with our LBing corp and possibly a trade b/c there would be an odd man unsure.gif

The pick of WR Chansi Stuckey is okey he'd add depth to the position and if would play hard in training camp he could be our slot man.

Lastly take a look at the sort of season summary they have after our 1st rd pick. I really liked it.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:17 PM

I kinda like that mock draft, I really like Jarvis Moss, he would be a great addition to this team. He is a OLB in the 3-4. Probaly more fitted to play OLB in the NFL.
I want Brian Leonard also, but that may be alittle too high for him, but I would take Leonard with our 2nd 2nd rounder.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:22 PM

Don't really like the 2 second rd picks. One of those picks should be a CB. Hopefully Micheal bush will be the first of the second rounders to be a Jet in 2007.

#4 User is offline   J-E-T-S 4417 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:25 PM

I like that draft to except for the leonard part. I think he would be really good for us but i would rather go with Tony Hunt. Hunt is a big back. I rather have a Rb than A FB. Hunt wil be our pound it in guy. I think if we want we can get leonard with our other 2nd round pick if we they chose to draft him.

#5 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

first round pick i was ok with, second round pick though i dont think(as u said)we should get a DT if we also get a DE. and the WR pick in the 3rd round confuses me, we have Coles and Cotchery not to mention i believe either brad smith or tim dwight r a solid 3 receiver, mccariens also, just gotta do something about his contract though. i think we should get a CB in some round, not necesarrily 1st, 2nd i wouldnt have a problem with really. and ive been thinkin about it a bit more and if we could get michael bush in the 2nd round i'd like that, i think he should share carries though with leon if we do draft him. brian leonard would be an ok pick with me though only if we could have bush along with him and a CB, which isnt happening so
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Feb 3 2007, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't really like the 2 second rd picks. One of those picks should be a CB. Hopefully Micheal bush will be the first of the second rounders to be a Jet in 2007.

iagree.gif I don't think we should draft Leonard that high and if we are going to draft a RB there it should be a true RB rather than a FB such as a guy like Kenny Irons or Antonio Pittman although both are relatively undersized, that is if Michael Bush is gone. If we got Jarvis Moss though it would improve our pass rush greatly as he is a true speed threat on the edge.

#7 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

jarvis moss would definitely be an olb. mcbride weighs less than ellis!;there's no way he'd play NT. if we drafted him and didn't do anything in free agency, we'd still be stuck with 3 DE's. leonard will not have success in the league. not strong or big enough for fb duties, and not elusive or fast enough to be an effective HB.

#8 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

I really liked that draft with the exception of the third round pick. I mean Tony Hunt got taken one pick after us by the Eagles and I think we should draft him so obviously I don't like that. Also the WR isnt really a strong need I don't see why this guy would make us pass up Hunt. Also now that I think of it Leonard isn't really a good pick either. Why draft a talent who doesn't really have a set position when you can get one who does with comparable talent? Doesn't make sense either. I would not mind taking a CB there instead.

CB instead of Leonard and Hunt instead of that WR and I think that is a very realistic draft.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#9 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

I found a mock that works out pretty cool for us

http://www.footballs...ic.php?t=102989

We get DE Carriker/RB Bush/ WR Anthony Gonzalez/G Doug Datish

The first two are obvious perfect picks. With AG he's a very talented possesion receiver IMO better than Tim Dwight. So we can use him and B.Smith as our 3/4 Wide outs. And the with the guard pick Doug is from Ohio State so hes a product of what Mangold is from. We've found value in later rounds b4 so hopefully we can find it this year to solidify our right side of the line.

#10 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

I wouldn't be upset if we landed those four players but overall that mock isn't the best. Somehow I don't see Jacksonville drafting a WR in the 1st round or Lamar Woodley going ahead of both Jarvis Moss and Anthony Spencer. Also Pitc0ck falling to the 3rd, I don't see that happening. I don't see Dallas looking at Brian Leonard as they have both Barber and Jones already in the backfield and they have a decent FB in the guy they converted from LB (can't remember his name). Why does Cincinatti not have a 3rd round pick? Greg Olsen above Zach Miller too seems a strange choice.

#11 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

That's a decent mock draft. Jarvis Moss sounds like he would be a good pick. He seems to be a similar player to Bryan Thomas and having another guy like Thomas on the opposite side would be a good thing. I'm not too high on Leonard (not that I don't think he's good, I just think the Jets have bigger needs) but I wouldn't be totally opposed to taking him, preferrably with their 2nd second rounder. As for McBride, I assume he would be a DE in the 3-4. I don't know much about him, but anything they can do to help the d line would be good.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users