NYJetsFan.com Forums: My 360 Is Finished!!! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Today, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Today, 10:28 PM) streets is real
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My 360 Is Finished!!! "the red light of death"

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:52 PM

Fuckin bullsh!t!! and right after my warranty expired!!! blowup.gif blowup.gif blowup.gif

http://editorials.te...ng-of-Death/p1/

Check this g@y ass sh!t out. The dreaded "red ring of death"!!. I went to log on this morning and my box is fvcked!! I new I should have took out the extended warranty!! now it's going to cost me 168.99 + shipping to get this damn thing repaired!! I'm SO PISSED OFF!!!! I have the absolute worst luck in the world and of course it has to happen right after my warranty expired!!

So I'm going to go with alternative measures here. I'm going to wal-mart to buy a new one (providing they don't write down the serial number) then I'm going to take it home and put the defective one in there and take it back and get a full refund. I paid 600 for this thing a year ago and I'm not going to basically shell out another 200 dollars to repair this piece of sh!t when I've only had it for one year. I've had my old xbox for 6-7 years and never had a problem. This is fuckin bullsh!t!!!

I hope they don't copy serial numbers because I'm scamming the fvck out of wal-mart straight up! if that doesn't work. I through it in the fvckin trash and wash my hands with this fuckin unit!

#2 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

there are no costcos in canada? they've got the policy where they don't check anything. Google it to find out what walmarts return policy is on electronic purchases. If not, go to costco.com and have one delivered to you, and then ship it back and say it was defective.

#3 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Mar 12 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fuckin bullsh!t!! and right after my warranty expired!!! blowup.gif blowup.gif blowup.gif

Check this g@y ass sh!t out. The dreaded "red ring of death"!!. I went to log on this morning and my box is fvcked!! I new I should have took out the extended warranty!! now it's going to cost me 168.99 + shipping to get this damn thing repaired!! I'm SO PISSED OFF!!!! I have the absolute worst luck in the world and of course it has to happen right after my warranty expired!!

So I'm going to go with alternative measures here. I'm going to wal-mart to buy a new one (providing they don't write down the serial number) then I'm going to take it home and put the defective one in there and take it back and get a full refund. I paid 600 for this thing a year ago and I'm not going to basically shell out another 200 dollars to repair this piece of sh!t when I've only had it for one year. I've had my old xbox for 6-7 years and never had a problem. This is fuckin bullsh!t!!!

I hope they don't copy serial numbers because I'm scamming the fvck out of wal-mart straight up! if that doesn't work. I through it in the fvckin trash and wash my hands with this fuckin unit!

sorry about your 360 but that is the coolest idea i have ever heard lol

IPB Image

#4 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Mar 12 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhhhh, the well-known but little used "Sears Switch," aptly named after the store notrious for turning their eye on store returns

QUOTE (Amen @ Mar 12 2007, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there are no costcos in canada? they've got the policy where they don't check anything. Google it to find out what walmarts return policy is on electronic purchases. If not, go to costco.com and have one delivered to you, and then ship it back and say it was defective.

The "Sears Switch" works basically anywhere as long as you keep the receipt. The only place I knew to have any problem with it was Target and thats after my buddy would buy PS2s and take one or two parts out of them and return them until he rebuilt a whole new one. He went to Target butthey only gave him store credit.

Like Amen said I'd go to Sam's or CostCo, any bulk operation, they tend to have more lenient store policies, although Wal-Mart is a pretty safe bet too. They won't copy down the serial number...I think they only did that like the first 3 months the 360s were out.

Good luck

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:23 PM

If that doesn't work you should try to trade it in at blockbuster and you can get like 350 bucks for it then you will only have to pay like 50 bucks for a new one.

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

Yea they have costos here. I'll do the costco's thing as well if the Wal-mart plan falls through. My last resort is giving them a fake serial number over the phone and sending it in. Like the serial of my friends who's under warranty with wishful thinking they don't check it upon arrival and issue me a new one.

But one of these places have to go though either costcos or Wal-mart.

I'll keep you guys posted.

#7 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

that sucks dude. i would go with the costco idea.

most of my buds in college buy tons of shit they need in costco (tvs, electronics..so forth) then when school is up they just return it for a full refund. works like a charm
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#8 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

Yeah Dubb well while you're in line you can tell stories with this guy

HELL NAH!

In case you don't know what the hell I'm talking about... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Oa-fA-ZjrMA
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (HarlemHellfighterNYC @ Mar 12 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Dubb well while you're in line you can tell stories with this guy

HELL NAH!
In case you don't know what the hell I'm talking about... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Oa-fA-ZjrMA

Hahahaha... fa sho!

Hopefully I'll comeback a happy man!

QUOTE (santana @ Mar 12 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that sucks dude. i would go with the costco idea.

most of my buds in college buy tons of shit they need in costco (tvs, electronics..so forth) then when school is up they just return it for a full refund. works like a charm

Thats good sh!t to know. I have a Costco card I got from work. I haven't really shopped there much so I'm not so sure about what I can get away with. However I think I will be able to do my dirt at Wal-mart. If I see them copying the serial number of the 360 before purchase I'm outty and I'll do the Costco thing.

I have a question... If I was to purchase it from say Wal-mart, would they have a serial number of the actual unit on the receipt?

The only way I can get caught is if they open the box and check the serial number on the actual 360 device it's self. As long as they don't open it I'm home free.

#10 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Mar 12 2007, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahaha... fa sho!

Hopefully I'll comeback a happy man!

Thats good sh!t to know. I have a Costco card I got from work. I haven't really shopped there much so I'm not so sure about what I can get away with. However I think I will be able to do my dirt at Wal-mart. If I see them copying the serial number of the 360 before purchase I'm outty and I'll do the Costco thing.

I have a question... If I was to purchase it from say Wal-mart, would they have a serial number of the actual unit on the receipt?

The only way I can get caught is if they open the box and check the serial number on the actual 360 device it's self. As long as they don't open it I'm home free.

Nah, walmart doesn't check that my ipod broke and i did that. They didn't check the serial number.

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (kobeskool @ Mar 13 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, walmart doesn't check that my ipod broke and i did that. They didn't check the serial number.

Cool.. I just hope microsoft doesn't have some policy thats makes them check their units serials upon refunds and or exchanges.

#12 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Mar 12 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool.. I just hope microsoft doesn't have some policy thats makes them check their units serials upon refunds and or exchanges.

Did you pay for it with a credit card?

#13 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

i remem on the ps2 that the UPC code was right on the back of the console. so when the stores scanned the item it actually scanned the ps2 inside.

i guess the xbox360 is different cuz pulling the swap move on a ps2 was a bitch... u had to transfer the internals from one case to the other.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#14 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

You have my deepest sympathies friend. I remember a long while ago, my Xbox went kaput! It was directly in the middle of a very fun game called Fable. So it was quite agonizing. Eventually I got it fixed. I hope you get yours fixed soon!
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#15 User is offline   XvNukemHighvX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:38 PM

Does it grind with the red light? When mine shat out (Stay away from it grammer police ) I had to take it apart and reseat everything and then it ran fine.

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (ErikColeman#26 @ Mar 13 2007, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have my deepest sympathies friend. I remember a long while ago, my Xbox went kaput! It was directly in the middle of a very fun game called Fable. So it was quite agonizing. Eventually I got it fixed. I hope you get yours fixed soon!

I hope so too! I work hard for my money and would hate to think of either pissing away 500 bones or spending another $150 to get it repaired. They should have been able to do this for me but they are leaches and suck money from consumers left and right so I'm not surprised.

Hopefully tomarrow I'll have a new 360. We'll see

#17 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (XvNukemHighvX @ Mar 13 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it grind with the red light? When mine shat out (Stay away from it grammer police ) I had to take it apart and reseat everything and then it ran fine.

You're free to go, shat is the preterite form when you use shit as a verb

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Mar 13 2007, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope so too! I work hard for my money and would hate to think of either pissing away 500 bones or spending another $150 to get it repaired. They should have been able to do this for me but they are leaches and suck money from consumers left and right so I'm not surprised.

Hopefully tomarrow I'll have a new 360. We'll see

yeah.. your post got me shook. I think I'ma cop the 2-year warranty for my 360, seeing as how the one I got is used. warranty is only $60. Add that to the total of how much I paid for the 360, and it's still cheaper than buying a refurb from Gamestop with the HDD. Last thing I want is to come home from a long day of work and get the worst red light special ever.

#19 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Mar 13 2007, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah.. your post got me shook. I think I'ma cop the 2-year warranty for my 360, seeing as how the one I got is used. warranty is only $60. Add that to the total of how much I paid for the 360, and it's still cheaper than buying a refurb from Gamestop with the HDD. Last thing I want is to come home from a long day of work and get the worst red light special ever.

Hahahahaha fa sho!

Doggy if I was I'd get one ASAP... especially because it's used so it already got miles on it. I thought it would never happen to me but sure enough I became a victim of the dreaded red light of death. Do it ASAP and protect you're investment!

#20 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

Dubb, did you get a new one yet?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic