NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Official STFU About the Pats Thread! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Official STFU About the Pats Thread! ... And Brady vs Manning

#61 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (triple3s @ Mar 15 2007, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but there is something that the stats and things don't show. And that is how Brady is clutch and brings his teams from behind so many times in last minute drives to win. and Peyton has yet to do that.

only thing really is brady has done it in the superbowl, when factors out of their control have swung their way (kasay kicking out of bounds etc). And peyton manning has never led his team from behind?? A you nuts? remember the tampa game a few years ago?? remember the AFC conference game a couple of months ago??? remember the jets game last year?? Peyton is a freak on the field and brady is only comparable cos his team, not brady have won more superbowls, the fact is noone compares to peyton

scores at halftime: golden boy brady: 21
peyton: 6
scores at 1.40 left: golden boy brady: 34
peyton:31

peyton is just as,if not, he is more deadly with the ball left with under two minutes as brady.

#62 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (ozjet51 @ Mar 14 2007, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only thing really is brady has done it in the superbowl, when factors out of their control have swung their way (kasay kicking out of bounds etc). And peyton manning has never led his team from behind?? A you nuts? remember the tampa game a few years ago?? remember the AFC conference game a couple of months ago??? remember the jets game last year?? Peyton is a freak on the field and brady is only comparable cos his team, not brady have won more superbowls, the fact is noone compares to peyton

scores at halftime: golden boy brady: 21
peyton: 6
scores at 1.40 left: golden boy brady: 34
peyton:31

peyton is just as,if not, he is more deadly with the ball left with under two minutes as brady.

I said in BIG GAMES. peyton has not been great in the playoffs. period. I never said he hasn't come from behind or made game winning drives. Brady has been great in the playoffs. period.

#63 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

yeah but the argument is who is the better QB, you cant leave out regular season games all together

#64 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (ozjet51 @ Mar 14 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah but the argument is who is the better QB, you cant leave out regular season games all together

of course, but the post season is much more important than regular season games. And brady has been good in regular season games. Definitely not as good as manning by any means, but he's been very good still.

but when its clutch time in the playoffs, Brady has been really good, while peyton has not.

so when choosing a QB i'd take a person who will take me to the playoffs(not as dominate as peyton but he almost always gets there) and has been clutch there, then a QB who has been AMAZING int he preseason but unspectacular in post season.

do you kind of see why i say that?

#65 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:32 PM

WRONG! Peyton Manning is clutch. He lead his team back from a certain defeat in the AFC Championship Game against your beloved Brady and he's also been responsible for one of the most amazing comebacks ever. Please stop arguing this triple3s.

You can't say that the AFC Championship game isn't an important game.

#66 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

Give me Brady any day of the week. Now I don't want it to seem like I think Peyton sucks, because I don't, he is obviously a great Qb. But I love how after two pretty good games in the playoffs many people now are all on his nuts. Just look at how awful he was even this year in the playoffs for the first two games. Against the Ravens it really looked like he had money on the game and was trying to lose it. All you guys who are in love with stats or are just happy to try and vault Manning over Brady be my guest, if I had to pick one guy to start an important game, I'd still take Brady hands down.

#67 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Mar 15 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WRONG! Peyton Manning is clutch. He lead his team back from a certain defeat in the AFC Championship Game against your beloved Brady and he's also been responsible for one of the most amazing comebacks ever. Please stop arguing this triple3s.

You can't say that the AFC Championship game isn't an important game.

1st off you said you were done. we agreed to disagree. I was answering the other persons stuff.

The AFC championship was a great comback. no one every said it was not an important game. I said that peyton has not been clutch in the playoffs. You are picking one game and looking at it. Throughout his career, he has not been good in the playoffs. Yes that was a good championship game, but that was really his only great game. and he even started out pretty bad in that game. I give him alot of credit for coming back in that game and getting them the win. And he played decent in the other games.

Brady has been good throughout his career in the playoffs, in many games. so that's how I can say he's clutch. If you continue to do it, then I can say you are clutch. But Manning has not continued to do that. In fact before this year he was not good in the playoffs. And this year he wasn't even dominate in the playoffs. he was decent.

If you look at both of there regular seasons, its no contest that Peyton is better. But if you look at the playoff history, Brady is much better. And you don't call someone clutch off of one game. and don't say he dominated throughout the playoffs this year, because we all know he didn't.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users