NYJetsFan.com Forums: Its Finally Here, Madden08 League Info - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) another potential HC name - Sean Payton. There is a possibility that the Saints decide it's time for a change. Unlikely but if it happens and he's out there....
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:50 PM) Payton is not going anywhere.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Its Finally Here, Madden08 League Info

#1 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

ok its time to discuss the more finer parts of the league

ill be hosting the league on www.leaguedaddy.com

here is an example of a league http://www.leaguedad...eagues/?lid=268

this will be just like our league, having 10 teams only however (5 in each conference and 3 teams from each conference making the playoffs with the #1 seed with a bye) youll see how the standings, power rankings, stats, leaders, and almost just about anything is on the right. while week by week in the middle the commisioner (me) updates a news story in the middle with pictures and such, simulating just as a real NFL season. When the playoffs begin you will see the brackets.

this website is really in depth and great, ive used it before - some inportant things to know are.

there is a set schedule with due times
every user MUST update their OWN statistics after each game
if you have a problem with a set schedule time, talk to your opponent, reschedule and get back to me.

the catch with this greatness is that there is a price..... and prices range in months of league time - here are the prices

1 Month Subscription - $12.95 USD
3 Month Subscription - $29.95 USD
6 Month Subscription - $54.95 USD
1 Year Subscription - $99.95 USD

within that time frame you can have as many seasons as you wish..... its relatively cheap too if everyone chips in, were looking at around 3 to 10 dollars per gamer.

im thinking the 6 month subscription, around 5 dollars per person. it would be easiest if everyone participating sent me 5 dollars a piece via paypal so i could easily purchase it. i promise all money goes to the league and only to the league. i have a job and 50 dollars is not a big deal to me. the league will be great fun, we just need to get all the money together first. more details to come when all money is collected... PM me if you have any questions, or just reply.

this will be great fun!!
ColesReturns87

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:45 AM

This is ridiculous if you ask me. I'm not to up to par with online leagues but my first question is... If I'm paying out of pocket for an online league do I win anything if I win my league?

My second question is why can't we have an NYJETSFAN football bracket and do it that way?

#3 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:14 AM

having a job is no reason to justify throwing away money for tracking a league we could very well operate ourselves. EA Sports does a fine job of maintaining online leagues, and I think it'd be in all of our best interests to just stick with that. the extra stuff does sound cool.. i just don't understand why we can't do it ourselves on the forums.

#4 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

if you want to do it on the forums thats a great idea also... that was just what ive always done. and if youre not feeling safe with the money we could just have ron make a 3rd party.... it was just an idea, that website is great but i believe it could work on the forum too.
ColesReturns87

#5 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

I don't have a credit card so there no way I can pay.

#6 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

ok ill take care of all the stats, records, brackets, scheduled games, and leaders...... i will do it all. every week ill make an updated post around the league, and ill take care of the big things.....

so lets start this league off right now......

1. Everyone in this league make sure your an XBL friend with everyone else.
2. We will pick teams now.

instructions: everyone PM me with 3 teams you would like to simulate as.... ex.

1. new york jets (most wanted)
2. miami dolphins (2nd option)
3. new england patriots (3rd option)

i will then make note and if 2 people want the same team i will tell those two people (or howevermany) want it and they will decide for themselves. Once everyteam has been picked i will draw the 10 teams and seperate them into conferences, and devise a schedule.

.. i will make a spreadsheet of the teams when everyone has picked which will contain every stat, record, and leaders....

lets get it started
ColesReturns87

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

I am alright at madden, but by the sounds of things I might be the underdog, but I am in if aloud.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

Give us till Madden 08 comes out at least so we can see which teams we play best with. I'm sure we'll all want the Jets, but there's sometimes that random team you're good with. Make the rule now.. No Chargers, No Colts, since everyone is good with them -- and if you use the Falcons.. no dropping back 15 yards, just to scramble around and get the defense to line up and try and chase you while you hit turbo and speed up.

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jul 9 2007, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give us till Madden 08 comes out at least so we can see which teams we play best with. I'm sure we'll all want the Jets, but there's sometimes that random team you're good with. Make the rule now.. No Chargers, No Colts, since everyone is good with them -- and if you use the Falcons.. no dropping back 15 yards, just to scramble around and get the defense to line up and try and chase you while you hit turbo and speed up.

Honestly the chargers are garbage in madden. All they have is Gates and L.T. They have no deep threat. I'm not worried about no got damn Chargers!!!

I think the Colts and Pats are going to be the cheapest team to use in 08.

Anyhow.. If the Jets are taken I'll take the Jags with their shutdown defense and 6'5 WR's... lock it up!!

#10 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

I'll rock the Saints!!

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

jetsfan0099, you did not sign up but if we have someone that doesnt show up ull take theyre place ok?
ColesReturns87

#12 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

anyone can pick whatever team they want, and anyway the falcons are so easy to stop
ColesReturns87

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (ColesReturns87 @ Jul 10 2007, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jetsfan0099, you did not sign up but if we have someone that doesnt show up ull take theyre place ok?

Ok.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:43 PM

i dont care who i play against....the colts dont bother me because their D isnt all that great...same with the chargers or any other team...only team i hate to play against is the eagles because of their secondary but i normally play with either the jets or saints...Im in but id think it would be the best idea to just wait about 2 weeks after the game is released so we can all get used to the new features (and the old ones that xbox 360 left out the last 2 years)....

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#15 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

ok you can pick your teams then, its just a first come first serve basis
ColesReturns87

#16 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

If anyone hasnt picked the Jets Ill take them.

#17 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

haha i think thats the team everyone would wants.....

Kinda off the topic....

Im kinda down to play someone from here right now if anyone is on....

IM me on AIM at externalmenace if u wanna play...

my gamertag is extmenace

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#18 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:59 AM

harlem i need your teams, you are the last one
ColesReturns87

#19 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:40 PM

I shut down Vick scramblers all the time. Although it's annoying, you can easily beat one of those guys by big hitting the shit out of him and he'll fumble like everytime. Plus he's always good for an INT or three a game biggrin.gif

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jul 15 2007, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I shut down Vick scramblers all the time. Although it's annoying, you can easily beat one of those guys by big hitting the shit out of him and he'll fumble like everytime. Plus he's always good for an INT or three a game biggrin.gif

Yea I know what you mean, Its funny how many be the Falcons just to scramble with Vick. The rest of the team sucks on that game, when I play with the Falcons I usually run the ball with Dunn, usually people are so worried about containing Vick they dont blitz you and you have a good amount of time in the pocket to hit WRs. Also you can run up the middle with Dunn because the guys go outside to contain vick, and when their done containing him thats when you break a long one with Vick. Every year I play with every team to get a win, because you get some kind of trophy for winning with every team, plus it makes the game interesting. Some reason I never really play with the Jets online, IDK why, I think its because I get so pissed that the roster isnt right so I cant play with them, because I want the roster and depth charts to be exact to the one I watch on TV. Like I couldnt stand that Bryan Thomas was a DE in our 3-4 last year... Hopefully they fix it and get Thomas at OLB and Barton at ILB with Hobson at the other OLB. And then have Coleman at DE with Ellis.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users