NYJetsFan.com Forums: Interesting Stat About Pennington And Other Nfl Qbs.. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Interesting Stat About Pennington And Other Nfl Qbs.. 2006 QB Deep Out Pass Rankings..

#1 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

Heres an interesting stat i came across of how accuratly NFL QBs threw the "deep out" during the 2006 season..Pennington tied for 6th and was 16 for 28 on his deep out attempts..

on page 11..
http://thefootballsc...ample_rev_2.pdf

2006 QB Deep Out Pass Rankings

The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#2 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

Interesting stuff there, cool site too. Interesting how that's the big knack on him, the inability to throw the deep out. I had always said that Pennington's arm wasn't as weak as they say, like he couldn't throw 30 yards. I felt people underrated his arm as they always say it's overrated.
Wonder when BestHands is gonna show up in this thread...
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

Good to see Chad with the best TD:INT ratio of the bunch - shows that he protects the ball but I'd suspect he has had a number broken up by DBs leading to his lowish completion %. Still we throw the route just over half as much as the Bengals and Colts. It's shocking to see Brady so low.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

more proof chad is a GREAT QB and not just a decent one as mots people here think
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jul 21 2007, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
more proof chad is a GREAT QB and not just a decent one as mots people here think

Exactly.. He'll be bigger and stronger this year. Can't wait to see him tear it up out there

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

hopefully he doesnt get injured again.........
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

Hmmm....the strong armed Favre neither throws nor completes the deep out very often. Surprising.

But the QB's with the most yards from that pattern are known for strong arms.

As with all statistics there is a question of what it shows and doesn't show. For instance, it does not appear to show how many times Chad threw to a back or tight end running a shorter pattern because the guy running the deep out was only a yard or so in front of his man, while that cushion would have been enough for a stronger armed QB to power the ball in there.

Still, it shows the deep out IS part of the Jets' offense when Chad is quarterbacking.

I think it is pretty clear that, when healthy, Chad's arm is strong enough to do what he has to do to effectively move the team. He will never be a Brett Favre type who uses his arm strength to pump up his teammates. But he will find the open man and get the ball to him more often than most QB's. If you can find and hit the open man, your coach and teammates will be very happy with you.

#8 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Jul 21 2007, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting stuff there, cool site too. Interesting how that's the big knack on him, the inability to throw the deep out. I had always said that Pennington's arm wasn't as weak as they say, like he couldn't throw 30 yards. I felt people underrated his arm as they always say it's overrated.
Wonder when BestHands is gonna show up in this thread...

sorry wouldnt want to dissapoint

and if u think that percentage makes chad a GREAT qb u smoke too much stuff. anyway chad is and neva will be GREAT now peeps are gettin outta control.

and YES Pennington still has a weak ass arm cus he cant even put a 6 yard out route in there, they all be floaters. When Coles consistantly gets killed cus he gets hung out to dry on a 6 yard out, that def doesnt help the arm strength perspective.

see u can throw all these numbers around trying to make pennington seem betta, but his number of incompletions is still bad on the out for startes, how far they takin into consideration what a deep out is? does the yardage gained count on the out or the yardage thrown? GIVE ME A BREAK

You guys are great at finding stats online, how i dunno but its great its why i come here, cus i dont have time to do it. but a lot of you guys really dont know enough about football or watch your watchin, either that or your being WAY over biased. Chad will be just another decent qb that will only stay alive in the memory of Jets fans and wont be passed down as example to the next generation as a qb to aspire to or that did sumthin.

Chad= Cheerleader

#9 User is offline   Mephisto Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:01 PM

your just a hater

#10 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

Whats even more impressive is that he has 3 times more attempts than the top 5. Otherwise I'm sure he'd be ranked even higher.

#11 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

Must be tough to be a fan of a team, but have such a dislike for the teams starting QB! Especially one that got your team into the playoffs every year he started 12 games or more! And I don't want to hear that he is injury prone, you show a picture BEST HANDS of a play that any QB would have got injured on!

#12 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Jul 21 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must be tough to be a fan of a team, but have such a dislike for the teams starting QB! Especially one that got your team into the playoffs every year he started 12 games or more! And I don't want to hear that he is injury prone, you show a picture BEST HANDS of a play that any QB would have got injured on!

HAHAHAHAAHHA yr intelligence level has been proven here, the words best day ever are to express my joy that i felt that day. Of course any qb would get hurt from that, i dont think any less of a players ability cus he got hurt, im just showin how happy that play made me that Chad was out of the game at least for a few weeks i wouldnt have to watch his sorry ass. Chad is the ONLY player i dont feel bad for when he gets injured, and actually cheers for when it happens.

And when chad wins a super bowl come talk to me, until then take yr playoffs and shove um. Id rather the Jets be like the lions cus at least we'd have a lot of exciting plays instead of 90precent boredom then broken heart in first or second round.

Chad= Cheerleader

#13 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

Listen, lets not talk about intellect! That injury I know couldn't have made you happy! It happened in preseason of 2003, the year after Pennington came in for Vinny when MY team was 1-3 (I believe) and had an incredible season! Beat Manning and the Colts 41-0 in the playoffs and had the Jets tied 10-10 against Oakland the following week at half until the entire team Chad included folded up! Go root for the Lions! I'm not on this board to get into debates! I'm on to talk about my team unbiasedly and to respect everyone.

#14 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

but his number of incompletions is still bad on the out for startes,

The chart shows otherwise.

Pennington is 13th out of 39 QB's rated for completion percentage on the deep oiut. That puts him in the top third. Two thirds of the rated Qb's are not as accurate as Chad on that route. So therefore, his number of incompletions is NOT bad-it's quite good.

Add the fact that Chad is sixth out of 39 Qb's in number of yards on that play-a play he is supposed to be weak in-and it is clear that his performance on the deep out is way, way above average.

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jul 21 2007, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHAHAHAAHHA yr intelligence level has been proven here, the words best day ever are to express my joy that i felt that day. Of course any qb would get hurt from that, i dont think any less of a players ability cus he got hurt, im just showin how happy that play made me that Chad was out of the game at least for a few weeks i wouldnt have to watch his sorry ass. Chad is the ONLY player i dont feel bad for when he gets injured, and actually cheers for when it happens.

And when chad wins a super bowl come talk to me, until then take yr playoffs and shove um. Id rather the Jets be like the lions cus at least we'd have a lot of exciting plays instead of 90precent boredom then broken heart in first or second round.

i guess marino is a shitty QB then huh? so was elway until terell davis came. winning a superbowl doens't make a QB great or not. Trent Dilfer won a SB and marino hasn't who's a better QB? this come talk to me when he wins a SB crap is a weak argument.

also you were happy that chad got hurt and we went 4-12? what kind of fan are u. seriosuly. i guess u think your a better talent evaluator then mangini is too cause he felt chad is teh best QB on the roster and u don't and your always right huh?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Ahhhh it just wouldn't be a thread without the dazzling intelligence of B.H. He just delightens us with his wisdom.

I'm not going to discuss Chad or merely anthing else for that matter with B.H and I suggest other people do the same. Talking to B.H is like talking to a 4 year old. He can't comprehend to well but runs off at the mouth without any recollection of any common sense. These are the kinds of characters we get on message boards. There have been plenty of members here who came in and were just imbeciles but over the course of time most of them changed. Hopefully one day B.H will grow up and learn how to respect his elders and others in general.

However.. it doesn't matter what anyone says about Chad, numbskulls like B.H will blantantly disregard fact,stats and opinions of others. So really it's useless trying to conversate with him about simple topics like this because you'll get ignorant responses and about 2 pages of material to give you a migrane.

B.H learn to talk to people and converse accordingly. Friendly jawing is fine but we don't want personal attacks or any other type's of attacks to be posted about another member.

Oh and by the way you're sig is too big. Trim it down some. Get standard size sigs like mine and don't post huge pictures in you're sig. It's about having respect for other members. Something that you are going to have to learn

#17 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

I see that Dubb. It is what it is, I guess! Understand your point. For instance I don't think that Barrett will make the team--salary+ lost a step, I see and read on the Barrett topic that you still feel he is a quality player. I respect your opinion, eventhough I don't agree, but if he makes the team I'm rooting for him 100%!! That goes for all the players, the Jets are my passion good bad or indifferent!!

#18 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jul 21 2007, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhhh it just wouldn't be a thread without the dazzling intelligence of B.H. He just delightens us with his wisdom.

I'm not going to discuss Chad or merely anthing else for that matter with B.H and I suggest other people do the same. Talking to B.H is like talking to a 4 year old. He can't comprehend to well but runs off at the mouth without any recollection of any common sense. These are the kinds of characters we get on message boards. There have been plenty of members here who came in and were just imbeciles but over the course of time most of them changed. Hopefully one day B.H will grow up and learn how to respect his elders and others in general.

However.. it doesn't matter what anyone says about Chad, numbskulls like B.H will blantantly disregard fact,stats and opinions of others. So really it's useless trying to conversate with him about simple topics like this because you'll get ignorant responses and about 2 pages of material to give you a migrane.

B.H learn to talk to people and converse accordingly. Friendly jawing is fine but we don't want personal attacks or anything other type's digs to be posted about another member.

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif You beat me too it! Good post.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#19 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Jul 21 2007, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see that Dubb. It is what it is, I guess! Understand your point. For instance I don't think that Barrett will make the team--salary+ lost a step, I see and read on the Barrett topic that you still feel he is a quality player. I respect your opinion, eventhough I don't agree, but if he makes the team I'm rooting for him 100%!! That goes for all the players, the Jets are my passion good bad or indifferent!!

Exactly... isn't kind of funny how some fairweather fans would rather have teams and orgs like the Lions or Browns and have exciting,thilling T.D passes and never even have a chance to make the playoffs. Over team who gives the fans hope that their is a chance we could win a superbowl? Doesn't that just amaze you?

It's honestly mind numbing!

#20 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Jul 21 2007, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Listen, lets not talk about intellect! That injury I know couldn't have made you happy! It happened in preseason of 2003, the year after Pennington came in for Vinny when MY team was 1-3 (I believe) and had an incredible season! Beat Manning and the Colts 41-0 in the playoffs and had the Jets tied 10-10 against Oakland the following week at half until the entire team Chad included folded up! Go root for the Lions! I'm not on this board to get into debates! I'm on to talk about my team unbiasedly and to respect everyone.

u kiddin???? everytime pennington has gotten hurt me and my cousin celebrate. its one of the best days of the year!! Seriously when i saw him go out of the game and they said it was serious i jumped up n down.

and to Jetsfan115. I enjoyed the 4-12 season without Pennington MORE than any season of watching Pennington play. And i was one of the only guys ACTUALLY ROOTING FOR THE JETS TO WIN. instead of being a lil biach and hoping they lose just so we could get a higher draft pick.

Now u wanna talk about true fan, i only hate pennington cus he sux and hes on my team and i want my team to WIN, not be a pretty good team, ACTUALLY WIN, dont give me pennington in and outta game stats either, cus ill give u his playoff stats which are real good......NOT. They are as great as his preformance, he did absolutely TERRIBLE against the steelers too on top of it. See all the time i want my team to WIN, and I know that cant happen with Pennington in at startin qb. Do the Jets have a better qb currently on the roster? if they dont thats just sad but you'll never know until u give Clemens a chance and the longer u keep penny in your just delaying the inevitable of him leaving without ANY type of championship.

So while everyone on here was saying lose lose so we can get reggie or whoeva they wanted i was actually rooting for my team to win. So its YOU GUYS who are questionable fans NOT ME. I Hate a player who hurts my team and prevents them from winning it all, I dont root for the entire team to lose so i can pick up ONE player.

Chad= Cheerleader

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users