NYJetsFan.com Forums: Anti-smoking Commercials - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:34 PM) I think balo gets one or two today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:39 PM) haha you haven't seen much Liverpool this season!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:39 PM) I fear for us today to be honest... going to take something special
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:41 PM) It won't be a 4-0 like last time we played them.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) I was just trying to instill some hope
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) so that i can go hala madrid crazy later on
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) haha
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Anti-smoking Commercials

#1 User is offline   GreenRebel Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:58 PM

Anyone else getting tired of seeing these commercials from the health council about how smoking is bad for your health? I saw the same one probably about a dozen times during the Jets/Giants game. The one where a patient is having surgery to remove the fat from their arteries due to smoking cigarettes. Also, one where a guy has gang green on his foot. I don't need to see this crap when I am watching TV. People are going to smoke if they want to. No matter how many commercials you air on TV. I personally don't smoke and don't like smoking but I'm not going to lecture someone who does. Just sick of seeing these damn commercials.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   XvNukemHighvX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

I don't mind those ones I can't stand the Truth and other commercials that just say "Big Tobacoo lies to you!" I smoked for 8 years and let me tell ya. If you can be convinced that inhaling smoke and chemicals into your lungs is good for you in anyway shape or form you deserve the cancer.

#3 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:26 AM

Wanna bet the advertising budget of the cigarette companies is a lot bigger than the people behind the no-smoking ads?

#4 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:19 AM

I dont mind them, I want the number of smokers to lower, even though it wont happen. I hate it when people do it around me; its irritating to breathe it in as well as smell it.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Sep 5 2007, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wanna bet the advertising budget of the cigarette companies is a lot bigger than the people behind the no-smoking ads?

You guys know that those ads are paid for by the tobacco companies. Like TRUTH is owned by Phillip Morris.

QUOTE (JettingAwayAC @ Jan 2 2008, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont mind them, I want the number of smokers to lower, even though it wont happen. I hate it when people do it around me; its irritating to breathe it in as well as smell it.

I love to smoke near people like you. Nah I'm just kidding, I get alot of bad looks even when I'm in designated smoking areas. I wish it was back in the 70s when you could smoke everywhere, that'd be tight.

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

designated smoking areas suck. in some circumstances its alright specially when food is involved. i live in va and thankfully its not enforced everywhere. as difficult as you make it people will still smoke. i don't get how you get addicted though? Ive been on and off them for a while now and never have craved them. usually i just smoke when I'm drinking or socially but never have bought more then two packs within a month heck sometimes five six months.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#7 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Jan 19 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
designated smoking areas suck. in some circumstances its alright specially when food is involved. i live in va and thankfully its not enforced everywhere. as difficult as you make it people will still smoke. i don't get how you get addicted though? Ive been on and off them for a while now and never have craved them. usually i just smoke when I'm drinking or socially but never have bought more then two packs within a month heck sometimes five six months.

I don't know how I got addicted. I quit smoking for a day just to see how I could take it. That day went by fine and I fought off my urges, but the next day I was just suckin down cigarette after cigarette. It sounds cliche but I'll quit soon, I said after the holidays but mehhhhhhhhh that didn't work out too well

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users