NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ot: Team Likely To Make Best Offer For Johan Santana - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ot: Team Likely To Make Best Offer For Johan Santana since the jets suck, who gets the best pitcher in the game?

Poll: Team likely to make best offer to Santana (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Team likely to make best offer to Santana

1. New York Yankees (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. New York Mets (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Boston Red Sox (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Los Angeles Dodgers (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

5. Minnesota Twins (stays) (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Edit icon Edit this poll

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:15 PM

LOL you cant be serious with thinking the Mets farm system is better than the Yanks. Baseball America defintely disagrees. Who do you have?? No one. Yankees have so many talented players. The problem is I dont want the Yanks to trade the farm for 1 player.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   MNJET Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:47 PM

Today's paper had a wish list of who the Twins would try and get from Mets, Yankees, Angels, Red Sox and Dodgers today, looks like the asking price was very high, makes me think that it won't happen this year (From Star Tribune):
NEW YORK YANKEES
Dream trade: Twins get 2B Robinson Cano and RHP Joba Chamberlain.
More obtainable: CF Melky Cabrera and RHP Phil Hughes or RHP Ian Kennedy.

NEW YORK METS
Dream trade: Twins get SS Jose Reyes and OF Fernando Martinez.
More obtainable: OF Carlos Gomez or OF Lastings Milledge and RHP Kevin Mulvey.

BOSTON RED SOX
Dream trade: Twins get CF Jacoby Ellsbury and LHP Jon Lester or RHP Clay Buchholz.
More obtainable: CF Coco Crisp and Lester or Buchholz.

LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Dream trade: Twins get CF Matt Kemp, 3B Andy LaRoche and RHP Chad Billingsley.
More obtainable: LaRoche and Billingsley or LHP Clayton Kershaw.

LOS ANGELES ANGELS
Dream trade: Twins get CF Gary Matthews Jr., 3B Brandon Wood and RHP Nick Adenhart.

#23 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

For the Yankees i've been hearing along the lines of:

Ian Kennedy
Melky Cabrera
Austin Jackson or Jose Tabata

Then it's simple for us, we sign Aaron Rowand.

#24 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Nov 28 2007, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, the Mets have an absolutely loaded farm system that's close to equal, if not better, than the Yankees' system. Mike Pelfrey, Philip Humber, Nate Vineyard, Joe Smith, and Kelvin Mulvey are all pitchers that could easily turn into good starters or relievers. Their position players such as Carlos Gomez, Lastings Milledge, and Fernando Martinez all have much more upside than other position player in the Yankees' system. The Yankees do have more good prospects than the Mets, but the Mets simply have better positions players than the Yankees. I'll easily take any of their position players over anyone in the Yankees' system. But the thing the Yankees do have is a crapload is good along with some really good pitchers (mind you those guys are going nowhere), but not great, prospects that could be used to pull off a big trade.
Yet since the Yankees are keeping Joba and Ian off limits (thankfully, and hopefully we don't lose Hughes who seems like the one they'd let go of the easiest), then the Mets have a much easier time to get a Johan. 2 of their prospects I mentioned and a vet would do it, but with the Yanks (Hughes, Kennedy, and Joba aside), they'd have to basically clear our thier farm system for Johan, something they better not do.

Loaded, my ass. Just face it, their farm sucks, and they've got no chance of even breathing Johan Santana. Mike Pelfrey, and Philip Humber are bums. The other 3 pitchers i've never even heard of and i'm big on prospects, so that makes them even seem worse. I give my respect to Gomez, and Martinez, they're damn good players, Milledge is an absolute bum.

I would not in anyway take any of those hitting prospects over Jose Tabata. Tabata is going to be a stud. He'll probably be in AA next season, and he's only going to be 19 at the start of the season. The only way the Mets have a chance of getting him is if they trade Jose Reyes, which obviously they aren't going to do.

The Yankees also said just Joba, and Cano are not going to be traded. Hughes, and Kennedy could go, and the Twins said they'd take one of those 3, which means obviously Kennedy is a goner. Then they'll want Melky Cabrera, which they also said they wanted him over Coco Chrispies. Finally they said they wanted either of Austin Jackson, or Jose Tabata.

So a deal involving

Ian Kennedy
Melky Cabrera
Jose Tabata

Can very well happen, and the way it's sounding, i'm expecting that deal to happen, i'm just hoping its Kennedy, and not Hughes.

#25 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:20 AM

It's likely to be Melky Cabrera and either Ian Kennedy or Phil Hughes for Santana. I doubt the Yankees dish out Cano or Joba, when both are future/current all-stars. Joba is the one I'd like to keep regardless, he's filthy.

#26 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Swissle @ Nov 28 2007, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's likely to be Melky Cabrera and either Ian Kennedy or Phil Hughes for Santana. I doubt the Yankees dish out Cano or Joba, when both are future/current all-stars. Joba is the one I'd like to keep regardless, he's filthy.

If I had to absolutely choose between Hughes, and Chamberlain, i'd choose Hughes only because we know he'll be awesome as a starter as soon as he gets his Change ready for the majors. It better not be Hughes in this trade, if they want Hughes they can go to hell, it's either Kennedy, or drop dead.

#27 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Nov 26 2007, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the joke... I needed that.

Who else is better? Take off the pinstriped goggles

QUOTE (EnRiCH13 @ Nov 27 2007, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
delusional yankee fan thinking his farm system is better then the mets

Exactly

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Nov 27 2007, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pitchers:
Phil Hughes
Joba Chamberlain
Ian Kennedy
Humberto Sanchez
Alan Horne
Jeff Marquez
Dellin Betances
Tyler Clippard
Andrew Brackman
Kevin Whelan
J. Brent Cox

Hitters:
Jesus Montero
Jose Tabata
Austin Jackson
Brett Gardner

Yep, you're just too drunk to relize that your farm system sucks. Buddy, this isin't the drunk topic, look in the man show. Looks for those millions of harlem's posts, you'll find it. I mean come on, Red Sox fans have an argument. They've got a damn good farm system, but the Mets have a shitty ass sorry excuse peice of crap farm system. Anybody knows of those 4 teams in the running for Johan, that the Mets have the worst farm system.

Sorry buddy but if your gonna include Chamberlain and Hughes, does that mean we can include Reyes, Wright, Gomez and Milledge? When it comes to baseball you only know about the Yankees and thats about it. I tried to fight myself off from posting in this because it's just gonna set off a redundant rant by JC, but seriously, I give you credit for knowing an assload about ONE team, but take off the goggle of pinstripes and get off of Hank and George dick for two seconds god damn

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Nov 27 2007, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, the Mets have an absolutely loaded farm system that's close to equal, if not better, than the Yankees' system. Mike Pelfrey, Philip Humber, Nate Vineyard, Joe Smith, and Kelvin Mulvey are all pitchers that could easily turn into good starters or relievers. Their position players such as Carlos Gomez, Lastings Milledge, and Fernando Martinez all have much more upside than other position player in the Yankees' system. The Yankees do have more good prospects than the Mets, but the Mets simply have better positions players than the Yankees. I'll easily take any of their position players over anyone in the Yankees' system. But the thing the Yankees do have is a crapload is good along with some really good pitchers (mind you those guys are going nowhere), but not great, prospects that could be used to pull off a big trade.
Yet since the Yankees are keeping Joba and Ian off limits (thankfully, and hopefully we don't lose Hughes who seems like the one they'd let go of the easiest), then the Mets have a much easier time to get a Johan. 2 of their prospects I mentioned and a vet would do it, but with the Yanks (Hughes, Kennedy, and Joba aside), they'd have to basically clear our thier farm system for Johan, something they better not do.

Here's a perfect example of a baseball fan who knows more than one team. Thank you Chad4prez, you always know what you're talking about

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Nov 27 2007, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL you cant be serious with thinking the Mets farm system is better than the Yanks. Baseball America defintely disagrees. Who do you have?? No one. Yankees have so many talented players. The problem is I dont want the Yanks to trade the farm for 1 player.

I think I just might stop reading your posts. See above.

PS: I love how this argument goes like this:
Yankmee fan(other than C4P)- Yankees have the best players ever to pick up a bat and glove and put on sunglasses in their farm system and every other team in the majors has a shitty farm system because all the good players are in the Yankees farm system because we are the best team in the world ever to play the game because we have all the good players, let me mention a few names that nobody has ever heard of so I sound like I know what I'm talking about and these random players that I name are the best players to ever play the game because they are in the Yankees farm system.

Knowlegable baseball fan (aka the ones that don't hate A-Rod then suck his dick the next day): Okay, whatever you say.

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#28 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Nov 28 2007, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take off the pinstriped goggles? Wow, I didn't even know that Johan Santana was on our team yet, even though he'll probably will be in pinstripes soon, so it might as well be final.

Sorry buddy but if your gonna include Chamberlain and Hughes, does that mean we can include Reyes, Wright, Gomez and Milledge? When it comes to baseball you only know about the Yankees and thats about it. I tried to fight myself off from posting in this because it's just gonna set off a redundant rant by JC, but seriously, I give you credit for knowing an assload about ONE team, but take off the goggle of pinstripes and get off of Hank and George dick for two seconds god damn

Actually Wright, and Reyes have played more than 1 season, so you can't include them. Gomez, and Milledge haven't even played a full season, so im including them and Gomez i've praised, but just face it Milledge sucks. Since you seem to think Wright, and Reyes are still prospects, I guess i'll say that Cano, and Melky are prospects as well.

#29 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:31 AM

Yankmee fan(other than C4P)- Yankees have the best players ever to pick up a bat and glove and put on sunglasses in their farm system and every other team in the majors has a shitty farm system because all the good players are in the Yankees farm system because we are the best team in the world ever to play the game because we have all the good players, let me mention a few names that nobody has ever heard of so I sound like I know what I'm talking about and these random players that I name are the best players to ever play the game because they are in the Yankees farm system.

Knowlegable baseball fan (aka the ones that don't hate A-Rod then suck his dick the next day): Okay, whatever you say.

LOL....

These idiot Mets fans (sorry Ron), actually believe they've got a better farm system then us. I believe there are two maybe three teams who have a better farm system then us. Tampa Bay, Kansas City, and Boston. Mets are near the bottom, hell even the Marlins have a better farm system then them.

Philip Hughes was the #1 starting pitching prospect last season, and both Joba Chamberlain, and Ian Kennedy will be near the top as well. Anybody who thinks that those bums, Humber, and Pelfrey are even close in the same league as the Yankees top 3 really just need to go to the man show and see the drunk topic.

Also, on A-Rod. I'm only glad that we kept him so we didn't have to trade Hughes, or one of our prospect pitchers to get someone like Miguel Cabrera. It wasn't worth it, hell I don't even want us to trade Hughes to give us the best pitcher in the game. Phil Hughes, in my mind will be somewhere in the same category as Bedard, and Kazmir.

I think it's just hilarious that these Mets fans think Mike Pelfrey, a pitcher who went 3-8, with an ERA well over 5 is better than someone like Hughes, or Kennedy. Then you've got Philip Humber, a guy who played in relief for short time with the Mets this season. 7 innings pitched, 6 runs, 7.71 ERA. Hey, lets look at our prospect who pitched in relief this season. 24 innings pitched, 2 runs, 0.38 ERA. HMMM? What's better?

It's amazing that these Mets fans have the guts to still show their faces anyway, last I checked they lost the NL East to the Philadelphia Phillies, after holding a 7 game lead with over 15 games left to go, kind of embarassing if you ask me. At least we make it to the playoffs every year, and get kicked out there, you guys with an all star team can't even make it to the postseason.

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:46 AM

Wow this is stupid, ask anyone who isnt a Yankees fan or a Mets fan they will tell you that the Yankees farm is better than the Mets...........
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Nov 28 2007, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly
Here's a perfect example of a baseball fan who knows more than one team. Thank you Chad4prez, you always know what you're talking about
I think I just might stop reading your posts. See above.

PS: I love how this argument goes like this:

Well you considering Wright and Reyes as prospects really shows how much you know.............
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:36 AM

I heard a rumor that Johan Santana will only accept the trade if its the Yankees. Its a rumor that he really wants to be a Yankee, and he can get 25 mil a year if he signs there and wont get that anywhere else. Johan Santana has a no trade clause so he has to agree to what team he wants to go to. I heard the Yankees have a offer out there, its Kennedy, Horne, Jackson, Melky. I heard the Yankees will not trade Phil Hughes or Joba Chamberlin. I will be upset if we trade Melky, I really like him, we will have a hole at CF then, though Santana is one hell of a pitcher, and a rotation that has Santana, Wang, hopefully Pettitte, Hughes, Chamberlin would be sick!! Then they have Mussina so if something goes wrong hes the extra guy.
Idk about signing Rowand, he may just be another old over age bum that we overpay. Melky is fresh and has a cannon, is there anyone in the farm that can play CF?? I know Austin Jackson could but hes in the trade? Can Jose Tabata be a CF? OR is he just a RF??
Posted Image

#33 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Nov 28 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard a rumor that Johan Santana will only accept the trade if its the Yankees. Its a rumor that he really wants to be a Yankee, and he can get 25 mil a year if he signs there and wont get that anywhere else. Johan Santana has a no trade clause so he has to agree to what team he wants to go to. I heard the Yankees have a offer out there, its Kennedy, Horne, Jackson, Melky. I heard the Yankees will not trade Phil Hughes or Joba Chamberlin. I will be upset if we trade Melky, I really like him, we will have a hole at CF then, though Santana is one hell of a pitcher, and a rotation that has Santana, Wang, hopefully Pettitte, Hughes, Chamberlin would be sick!! Then they have Mussina so if something goes wrong hes the extra guy.
Idk about signing Rowand, he may just be another old over age bum that we overpay. Melky is fresh and has a cannon, is there anyone in the farm that can play CF?? I know Austin Jackson could but hes in the trade? Can Jose Tabata be a CF? OR is he just a RF??

Thats very good that we might be able to get the best pitcher in the game, without trading our best young pitcher in the game, in Hughes. Our best outfield prospect that is close to coming to the majors after that kind of trade would be Brett Gardner, he's supposed to be starting in AAA this season, but if we trade Melky, it's either he starts in the majors, or we sign Aaron Rowand. Tabata, I think just plays the corners in the outfield, but we've also got Brett Gardner who can play Centerfield. Imagine if we could have a rotation of:

Santana
Wang
Pettitte
Hughes
Chamberlain

That would be insane, Mets fans will whine more then they usually do, and thats probably impossible, considering one of their hobbies are whining.

#34 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

There has been a recent trade rumor going around with Minnesota and Tampa. Minnesota would send to Tampa Matt Garza, Jason Bartlett, and Juan Rincon, while the Twins would be receiving from Tampa Delmon Young, Brandan Harris, and Jason Pridie.

This doesn't chance anything, Santana still will most likely be traded. They can't re-sign him still, the only thing that changes will be what the Twins will want in return for Santana. That means, Melky Cabrera will most likely not be traded, since they've got Pridie as their future centerfielder now.

I'll keep everyone more updated on everything that happens with the Twins, and the soon to be member of the Yankees, Johan Santana.

#35 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

If you seriously think there's a better pitcher in the game right now than Josh Beckett you're sadly mistaken and just a Red Sox hater. Give credit where credit is due... he's the best pitcher in baseball. His ERA in the postseason is incredible. He's lights out. Santana shit the bed, he's no where near Beckett's level and I think everyone knows that in the sports world.

#36 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Nov 28 2007, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you seriously think there's a better pitcher in the game right now than Josh Beckett you're sadly mistaken and just a Red Sox hater. Give credit where credit is due... he's the best pitcher in baseball. His ERA in the postseason is incredible. He's lights out. Santana shit the bed, he's no where near Beckett's level and I think everyone knows that in the sports world.

I give credit to what he's done in the playoffs, but there is no way that he is the best pitcher in the major leagues right now. He's kind of like Derek Jeter, he's probably the most clutch, but he isin't the best Shortstop ever to play the game. I know for sure nobody really believes that Beckett is better than Santana, and I believe it's only in your world, and boston red sox fans world who actually believe that nonsense. I guess since Mike Lowell has 2 world series rings, I guess that means he's better than someone like Alex Rodriguez (0), or Miguel Cabrera (1).

#37 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Nov 28 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Santana hasnt really had the chance to shine yet in the postseason stuff, but Santana is better, he averages over 200 SO a year! Josh beckett hasnt had a 200 so year yet. Plus this was his best year, he got lit up by the Yanks a lot. He had over a 3 ERA, Santana had under a 2 ERA like 3 years. Beckett is a good postseason pitcher, but the better pitcher is Santana.
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Nov 28 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I give credit to what he's done in the playoffs, but there is no way that he is the best pitcher in the major leagues right now. He's kind of like Derek Jeter, he's probably the most clutch, but he isin't the best Shortstop ever to play the game. I know for sure nobody really believes that Beckett is better than Santana, and I believe it's only in your world, and boston red sox fans world who actually believe that nonsense. I guess since Mike Lowell has 2 world series rings, I guess that means he's better than someone like Alex Rodriguez (0), or Miguel Cabrera (1).

I know that is basically like saying Lowell is better than A-Rod...........
Posted Image

#39 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Nov 28 2007, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Santana hasnt really had the chance to shine yet in the postseason stuff, but Santana is better, he averages over 200 SO a year! Josh beckett hasnt had a 200 so year yet. Plus this was his best year, he got lit up by the Yanks a lot. He had over a 3 ERA, Santana had under a 2 ERA like 3 years. Beckett is a good postseason pitcher, but the better pitcher is Santana.

Wow, and these people think he's the best pitcher in the game, and he hasn't even had 200 strikeouts in a season yet. Scott Kazmir completely torched that with 239 strikeouts last season, and about 5 or 6 more innings then Beckett. Erik Bedard pitched about 20 innings less then "the best pitcher in the game", Josh Beckett, and yet Bedard topped the 200 strikeout total as well with 221 strikeouts. Then you've got Johan Santanam a guy who just had probably his worse season as a starter, and he still tops the 200 strikeout total with 235 strikeouts. Plus, Johan has topped it for 4 straight seasons. I think Jetson is a little overmatched in this discussion... lol

#40 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

Don't you think the numbers are skewed a little bit? Boston played the Yankees 18 times. They have the best hitters and Beckett had to pitch to them 4 times last year. That's gonna screw his stats up a tad.

Not only that but you guys are only telling half of the story when it comes to stats and anyway stats don't prove everything. Beckett is way more dominant. How about these numbers and I'm not sure what you're talking about but Beckett had a better ERA this year too.

2007 Stats
Beckett: ERA 3.27 | Hits 189 | Runs 76 | Home Runs 17 | Walks 40 | Strike Outs 194 | Wins 20
Santana: ERA 3.33 | Hits 183 | Runs 88 | Home Runs 33 | Walks 52 | Strike Outs 235 | Wins 15

So Santana has more strike outs, but they gave up practically the same amount of hits so that's all that matters. Santana has given up more runs and twice as many home runs. He also walked more people and was 5 back on wins. Johan pitched against the Yankees once last year. Beckett had to pitch to them 4 times. Not only that but both of those losses were only by 1 run. I'm not sure if you Tankees fans were even watching the playoffs since you got kicked out so soon but all they talked about was how Josh Beckett was the best pitcher in the game right now. Those are professionals that now more about the game than any of us do. I think that counts for something. Not only that but the guy is just absolutely dominant.

On a side note: I'm not sure why C.C. Sebathia won the Cy Young award because that's criminal. Beckett had more wins, fewer hits, fewer runs, fewer home runs, the same WHIP, and a slightly less ERA. Not only that but he dominated the hell out of Sebathia in the playoffs. Oh well. That's my argument. I know it's hard for Tankees fans to admit the truth, but the truth is that Beckett owns and you wish you had him.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users