NYJetsFan.com Forums: Living Room Set Ups - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (Today, 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (Today, 07:49 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Living Room Set Ups Help?

#1 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:09 PM

This post might look like some show off shit -- but I put this out there for ideas in case some of you got em. Let me know what you've got in your bedrooms, living rooms, or whatever.

For those curious.. It's a 40" Toshiba Regza 1080p. On the stand is a PS3, Wii, and 360 w/ HD DVD add-on. Below is the Sony receiver for some cheap $150 Home Theater in a Box system I bought. I'm no audiophile, and my living room is narrow, so I didn't need something extravagant. The sub doesn't BOOM as much as I'd like, but it kicks enough to make me smile. And the very bottom is the Time Warner cable box.

What's the best way to keep the wires looking neat? You see them shits? It's ugly. I rarely ever notice them because when I watch TV or play, the lights are off, so everything is blacked out. But when I put this pic on my PC, I at the mess of wires. Problem is that I'm not trying to drill holes in my wall to sneak the wires through. Help?

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

get a drywall knife or just a plain old knife will do and a stud finder. cut a square hole 4x3 in the shape of a power socket or phone jack. behind ur tv and behind your furniture there. drop a cord/rope from the top one to the bottom one. pull up all ur cables that you need behind the tv. leave it like that all ghetto or if you want to be fancy there are wall plates designed specifically to do that. make sure you get plane wall plates or spakle.. so when you move out or decide to move the setup. you just cover the holes with them.

edit. if you dont want to deal with making holes you can always go with the tube style organizer. there are some that even zip up.

Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

AMEN IS BALLIN!!!!! hysterical.gif

Thats the only reason why I don't play vids on my flat screen. I got a 38' 1080i in my bedroom, however I don't play my vids in there because thats my womans headquarters but there was a point in time I was going to use my flatscreen to play vids in my living room. However after further examination it's looked hella tacky with all the wires. The flat screens are great for watching T.V but when you start hooking components it looks like chit. In any event, I ended up going to the bank for another T.V. In my living room I got a 52' HD 1080i thats stands up right. Easier to conceal the wires at the back.

My suggestion without doing a whole hell of a lot is to go get some kind of paneling, drill/cut a hole where your T.V gets hung. after that feed the wires through the cut hole then secure the paneling to the wall. Now the paneling is used as a backdrop and the wires drop to the floor behind the paneling. Then you can either run them under the panel or cut out a new hole to feed the wires to your components.

If you don't want to go that route, then another idea could be to get all the wires and run them to the left corner and get one of them synthetic tall plants/trees to fit in the corner and get your wires running behind that.

I'm not sure if you have insulation behind your wall, if not and you plan on making that area your gaming area with no plans on moiving it then drill 1 nice size hole just under your T.V and feed the wires through the wall, then drill another small hole at the bottom and fish them through. However, if you don't do any of these it's virtually impossible to hind them.

Last option, buy a new T.V (floor model) for your vids.

peace!

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (santana @ May 11 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get a drywall knife or just a plain old knife will do and a stud finder. cut a square hole 4x3 in the shape of a power socket or phone jack. behind ur tv and behind your furniture there. drop a cord/rope from the top one to the bottom one. pull up all ur cables that you need behind the tv. leave it like that all ghetto or if you want to be fancy there are wall plates designed specifically to do that. make sure you get plane wall plates or spakle.. so when you move out or decide to move the setup. you just cover the holes with them.

edit. if you dont want to deal with making holes you can always go with the tube style organizer. there are some that even zip up.

Ahh yes.. I forgot about that thing. Works great and is cheap too, like santana said, this is probably your best route if you don't want to drill. However the paneling idea a friend of mind did and his looks nice.

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

Don't mind me. You know what you could do as well. Buy a piece of black board and measure between your T.V to the floor and just nail a nice piece of board over the wires. So all you'd see is the bottom of your T.V and a black board. That could work as well.

#6 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

Amen , just change your style of furniture you are using there to something that looks better and helps hide some of the cables. there are plenty of power centers out there just for your componets ,use some good tape and that zipper style santana dislpayed. new constructed homes prewire for the new tech these days go find your dream home. biggrin.gif
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

a friend of mine on another forum suggested pipe insulation to help conceal the wires.

couple that with some zip ties, and I should be able to clear up the mess. another suggestion was to get a gutter, and paint it the same color as my walls.

What I'm actually hoping to do involves rearranging my living room so that the TV is on another wall. The problem with my living space is that it's long, but narrow. And the way I have my living room set up doesn't take advantage of the size. I'm actually planning on hitting up Home Depot and buying a bunch of wood to build everything myself. I wanna create shelves that are mounted into the walls and place each different unit on them, with a cubby beneath for their respective items. Like beneath the 360 shelf will be a cabinet/cubby for games and controllers, etc. I'm also gonna need to take advantage of the Wi-Fi for my consoles, because running the ethernet cables is adding clutter. But mounting everything into the walls increases floor space, so that definitely interests me. It's also cheaper to buy all the wood and do it myself than it will be to buy a huge entertainment center.

#8 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

[quote name='santana' date='May 11 2008, 10:33 PM' post='228155']

This is exactly how i had mine set up..its looks great but when you move out its a pain in that ass to sheetrock unless your an expert, which im not..even tho id go this route anyway i cant be having wires showing liek that

#9 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

Will we get to see the finish product ? biggrin.gif
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

Yeah, I'll steal my girl's camera again and snap some more flicks.
I wanted to start up an NYJetsFan.com Cribs and do the first episode. Gimme till the end of summer to get it all done up with before and afters.

#11 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

your girl may want to influence your project somewhat beware. biggrin.gif

#12 User is offline   RYANDAVIDJET Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

Dude, cut a hole in the sheeetrock directly underneath the mount 2" X 3" or smaller you only have 4 or 5 wires. Go to bottom of wall cut same size hole and use a fish tape to run the wire through the wall. I bought my TV and best bbut wanted $500.00 plus to install. After watching a Bob Villa online video I said no way am I paying someone to do this. My wife and I did this in about 1 hour and most of that time was me literally swinging from the TV stand to make sure it was secure. The 52" Sony Bravia XBR was kind of pricey, but since the Jets finally spent a little money to improve the team I thought hell Why not!!!!!

#13 User is offline   RYANDAVIDJET Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

[attachment=614:DSCF0001.JPG]

Sorry had to upload smaller picture!!

#14 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (RYANDAVIDJET @ May 12 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[attachment=614:DSCF0001.JPG]
Sorry had to upload smaller picture!!

dude!!! now THAT is ILL!!!! drinks.gif NICE JOB!

Chad= Cheerleader

#15 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

That is NICE! all the Jets stuff is beautiful. I'd have to re-do all my walls to make it match. I know all about the hole in the wall trick though. I just really didn't want to cut a hole in the wall. It's bad enough I had to cut one down in that corner to run extension cords through for my air conditioning.

#16 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ May 12 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is NICE! all the Jets stuff is beautiful. I'd have to re-do all my walls to make it match. I know all about the hole in the wall trick though. I just really didn't want to cut a hole in the wall. It's bad enough I had to cut one down in that corner to run extension cords through for my air conditioning.

its not bad if you know what you are doing. my pops has made a living putting holes in peoples walls because they feel unsure or scared about doing it them selves.

who knows you might just be one bob villa tape away from wanting to ceiling mount ur speakers and tidy up your entertainment center.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#17 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

I'm not afraid of power tools or drilling. I don't consider myself handy, but I know a thing or two about keeping things leveled. I've put up sheet rock walls with my father, and sawed things down to fit specific spaces. just when i took over the place, all the power tools went with my father to Staten Island, and I've been left with making Target my best friend. My boy Ziad has power tools though since he works in carpentry/hardware. He had the drill to mount the TV for me to begin with, and he's going to be the one that helps me when I re-do the living room.

#18 User is offline   RYANDAVIDJET Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

I did not have to use any power tools at all. Cut your holes for your wire with a sheetrock knife. If you do not have a fish tape use two coathangers to pull your wire thru the wall. Cut your top hole behind your tv very close to the bottom of the mount so if the hole is not perfect it will be behind the Tv and you won't see it. The same at the botton go almost to the floor with the hole the entertainment shelf will be in front of the hole. Go to home depot and buy a couple of outlet boxes with covers if you want it to be neat. I think I paid less than $5.00 for two.

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:45 PM

Amen must be making the big bucks. all 3 systems, big screen TV, surround sound system. i could probably afford more then i got if i didn't do stupid stuff all the time. i got a 37" vizio TV, and xbox360, and original xbox, sorround sound, HDTV DVR form direcTV, CDDVD player/burner, laptop, external CD/DVD burner, so i got a decent set-up myself. can't compete with u though
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Chuckfox99 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

The cords gotta go. Get a blu tooth device for that, mount the speakers to maximize the surround sound and then buy some component towers at like a Target, Wal Mart or Best Buy to free up room on your glass table. I'd rock no more than two items on the glass table with nothing on top.
This team gives me gray hairs, but I love them none the less.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users