NYJetsFan.com Forums: Madden 09 & Ncaa 09 Discussion - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Madden 09 & Ncaa 09 Discussion Vids,clips and info inside

#401 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

Amen Barksdale.
I'm feeling a little confident.

#402 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (HarlemHxC814 @ Sep 22 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried to send a request but it said your list was full

OK.. I'll make some room. Ok I deleted a bunch of people.

So far we got.

Me
Kommander
Harlem
Elite
Amen

Reminder. If your not going to play your games then don't bother because all you'll do is hold the league up. Thanks, we got 5 people so far. Who else?

Once we get everyone hooked up then I'll start the league.

#403 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (bluelinecop @ Sep 22 2008, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does it work? Are the games schedule ahead of time?

Nope.. you play when you have time and we'll be drafting players. So basically you'll pick a team jersey (one of the 32 teams) and we'll have a draft of current NFL players. It's a blast!

#404 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (eliteblazers @ Sep 22 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeh dubb u kno im in... u still got my gamertag??? how many teams were u lookin to get 8-10?? cause we need to start this shit up asap.

As soon as people let me know in here. I can get a few maddenites to join the league if need be. I'll let this post ride for a day to see who's down and who's not.

Check what I didi to this scrub a couple days ago.

http://www.easportsw...US/video/725204 2Q guys tries a FG and I Cromartied that b*tch! biggrin.gif

#405 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

Sick return dubb but set this shit up... it's fear isnt it

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#406 User is offline   JoeBoo Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:29 AM

Hey I would definitely get in on this madden league. Although my xbox360 is out for repair and i probably wont get it back for atleast another week.

my gamertag is "The JoeBoo"

Also, anyone play NHL2009 yet? I got the game and put it in to find that my 360 didn't work. I am almost 100% sure the video card took a shit.
user posted image

#407 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:33 AM

OK so this is all we have?

Me
Kitten biggrin.gif
Harlem
Eilte
Amen

What you guys wanna do? Do you want to get some other guys from outside the forums because I got a ton of ballers on my FR list that would be down. So we can go either 3 more to make 8 or 5 for 10? what you guys wanna do?

#408 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:59 AM

ugh and me foolios
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#409 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

Santana is 6. Lets go!! anyone else.

#410 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:18 PM

I want to be the bills.

#411 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

Does anyone actually stick with the preset playbooks or staff? I went on a firing fest went to a 4-3 and west coast offense.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#412 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Sep 24 2008, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kitten biggrin.gif

Awwww that's cute, kinda like the time i toke that int back to end that game. That was very cute.

Anyways, lets get this shit goin/

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#413 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

i don't know what's good with the league, but don't start yet! My 360 just got the red rings! sad.gif

But on a sidenote, I did this play to someone on my PS3 today. Dubb should know what's good!

http://www.easportsw...S/video/1347152

Might take a minute before it's fully uploaded to view. I don't know how long EA takes.

#414 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Oct 9 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't know what's good with the league, but don't start yet! My 360 just got the red rings! sad.gif

But on a sidenote, I did this play to someone on my PS3 today. Dubb should know what's good!

http://www.easportsw...S/video/1347152

Might take a minute before it's fully uploaded to view. I don't know how long EA takes.

it doesn't load

#415 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

nonsense! i just watched it!

sad.gif

try this one... it's about 20 minutes old.

http://www.easportsw...S/video/1438779

#416 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Oct 10 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nonsense! i just watched it!

sad.gif

try this one... it's about 20 minutes old.

http://www.easportsw...S/video/1438779

wink.gif

That other link didn't work though bruh.. truss

#417 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

Latest Roster Update for Madden 09

Ratings Up
HB Matt Forte Bears 82 to 84 In the top 2 for most impressive rookie running back.
QB Kyle Orton Bears 79 to 80 I'm sure the Bears couldn't even have even expected Orton to be as poised as he has been at QB.
LB Dhani Jones Bengals 81 to 82 Your NFL leader in tackles after 6 weeks.
CB Leodis McKelvin Bills 79 to 80 1st corner selected in the draft also stars on special teams in the kick return game.
HB Michael Pittman Broncos 81 to 82 Might not be another back that runs with as much urgency. Was impressive in a start last week vs. the Jags.
K Matt Prater Broncos 78 to 82 This year has drilled 13-14 field goals. Before that he was 1-4 in his career.
LT Ryan Clady Broncos 81 to 82 - Committed his first holding penalty vs. Jacksonville, might be the most athletic offensive lineman in the league.
LB Nate Webster Broncos 79 to 80 Was thumping Jags players last week. Starting MLB for the Broncos.
RT Ryan Harris Broncos 79 to 81 Solid pass blocking RT for the Broncos.
HB Earnest Graham Bucs 84 to 85 Averaging 5.6 YPC and lined up at fullback last week due to injuries.
LT Donald Penn Bucs 80 to 82 Has excelled in taking over for Luke Petitgout in Tampa.
DT Gabe Watson Cardinals 80 to 82 Run stuffing DT for the Cardinals.
LT Mike Gandy Cardinals 89 to 92 - Underrated left tackle who played a great game vs. DeMarcus Ware. Surrendered 1.5 sacks last season.
DE Bryan Robinson Cardinals 74 to 77 In the rotation at DT and DE in the Cardinals hybrid 3-4 defense.
WR Steve Breaston Cardinals 78 to 82 Showed he has the complete game at WR in the last few weeks picking up the slack for Boldin. Caught the ball better than expected in a crowd.
DE Antonio Smith Cardinals 83 to 84 Not producing the gaudy numbers, but he is a handful at end.
LB Derrick Johnson Chiefs 93 to 94 Starting to come into his own as a future elite NFL linebacker. Playing in KC won't help, but he is all over the field.
DT Jay Ratliff Cowboys 85 to 87 Trouble maker for offenses in the middle of the Dallas defense. Can line up all over the defensive line and create problems with pressure.
S Courtney Brown Cowboys 67 to 69 Saw time on passing downs the past couple weeks due to injury.
DT Jason Ferguson Dolphins 84 to 85 Offseason acquisition from Dallas has helped sure up the run defense in the middle.
LB Joey Porter Dolphins 88 to 89 Only has 12 solo tackles, but 6.5 of them are sacks and countless other QB pressures.
T Vernon Carey Dolphins 87 to 88 Neutralized Mario Williams every time he has matched up opposite him, extremely impressive showing vs. Houston.
DT Broderick Bunkley Eagles 84 to 85 Beast of a man in the middle for Philly.
S Brian Dawkins Eagles 92 to 93 Has returned to being all over the field at safety after whispers that he had gotten old.
HB Correll Buckhalter Eagles 82 to 83 Showed again last week he is a more than capable running back when called upon.
S Quintin Mikell Eagles 85 to 86 Leads the team in tackles with a pair of INT's.
CB Brent Grimes Falcons 77 to 78 Has emerged as Atlanta's best corner after being called up off the practice squad end of last season.
DT Grady Jackson Falcons 80 to 82 The Atlanta run defense was once a gaping hole up the middle, now the run defense is a somewhat respectable 20th.
LT Sam Baker Falcons 79 to 80 Pass blocking left tackle who has the feet and head to be elite.
QB Matt Ryan Falcons 83 to 84 Was extremely impressive firing the ball on a banged up Chicago secondary. Does not look like a rookie QB.
RT Tyson Clabo Falcons 78 to 80 Has stepped in at RT and has neutralized opposing ends.
DE Justin Smith 49ers 89 to 90 Never stops going and has been pressuring the QB quite often. Also has 32 tackles from the end position.
CB Corey Webster Giants 86 to 87 While Aaron Ross was falling all over his self Webster was playing solid man coverage displaying great instincts.
HB Brandon Jacobs Giants 89 to 90 Now 99 trucking with Barber. No back has as much power as Jacobs when he lowers his shoulder in a defender.
CB Rashean Mathis Jaguars 95 to 96 Brandon Marshall had 9 for 98 vs. the Jags, but none of them were vs. Mathis - Mathis locked up Marshall .
S Brian Williams Jaguars 87 to 88 Versatile safety for the Jags. Plays a lot of man coverage and is active in stopping the run.
DT Kris Jenkins Jets 93 to 94 Jets currently sport the #3 rush defense in the NFL at 2.9 YPC. The reason is the middle being contained allowing the LB's to make plays.
WR Laveranues Coles Jets 91 to 92 Tied with Cotchery at 26 receptions. Leads the team with 328 yards.
WR Jerricho Cotchery Jets 90 to 91 Leads the team with 4 receiving TD's. Has developed into a very good WR.
CB Dwight Lowery Jets 77 to 79 For my money the best rookie CB so far except for a few hiccups.

WR Randy Moss Patriots 98 to 99 Sorry Randy. Proved over the last couple games that even if the QB can't get him the ball and his effort is terrible he still can beat anyone deep. Beat the Charger defense deep at least 3 times and the QB couldn't get him the ball.
DT Kedric Golston Redskins 80 to 84 Has moved into the starting lineup on one of the better defenses in the NFL. #6 rush defense in the NFL.
CB Carlos Rogers Redskins 89 to 90 Is all the way back from a knee injury. An impressive season so far.
LB Jonathan Vilma Saints 92 to 93 Also looks back from a bad knee injury. Displays top notch instincts.
WR Lance Moore Saints 79 to 80 Appears to be a legitimate NFL receiver and not some product of Drew Brees.
QB Drew Brees Saints 95 to 96 Received a boost in arm strength in how the Saints have been airing the ball out the past couple seasons. Does not have the weak arm some suspected from his career in college and his start in San Diego.
DT Craig Terrill Seahawks 76 to 78 Only good thing to say about the Seahawks in Week 6, relentless in trying to get off blocks.
HB Mewelde Moore Steelers 78 to 80 Extremely versatile player in his first year in Pittsburgh. Filled in for Willie Parker and might have to do it a few more weeks.
HB Steve Slaton Texans 80 to 82 Got some more speed after he displayed his burst a few more times vs. Miami.
G Mike Brisiel Texans 77 to 78 Came out of nowhere last year to finish the season at RG, continues to start there and does a nice job run blocking.
T Eric Winston Texans 85 to 87 Locked up Matt Roth and whoever else lined up against him. The Texans gave him a contract extension and it's easy to see why.
HB Chris Johnson Titans 82 to 83 Recovering in his bye week after not faring as well vs. grown men in Baltimore.
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch Titans 93 to 94 One of those "high motor" guys. Never stops in trying to get to the QB.

Ratings Down
DT Tommie Harris Bears 96 to 94 Bears run defense isn't what it was, and whether its injuries or what he isn't either.
WR Earl Bennett Bears 76 to 74 Can't get on the field in Chicago. Very polished product coming out of college.
HB Chris Perry Bengals 81 to 79 For my money the worst running back so far this year. Averaging 2.6 YPC with 5 fumbles. Bring on Cedric Benson.
G Andrew Whitworth Bengals 86 to 84 Got a nice contract extension and has got lazy maybe. The Bengals can't run or pass block.
LB Kamerion Wimbley Browns 87 to 86 Has done virtually nothing since his promising rookie year. 6 sacks in his last 21 games is unacceptable for a player whose job is to rush the QB.
LB Willie McGinest Browns 85 to 84 Heard his name once in the Monday night game but this guy is old and shouldn't be counted on for too much production.
HB Edgerrin James Cardinals 91 to 89 Behind Chris Perry this guy is in the conversation for most unimpressive at HB. Hightower looks twice as quick, James is incredibly slow at this point in his career.
CB Antonio Cromartie Chargers 92 to 91 Still a work in progress in man coverage. Can be beaten easily cause he is so eager to make a big play.
G Kris Dielman Chargers - 92 to 91 The famed left side of the Charger line isn't blowing people off the ball like in years past.
TE Antonio Gates Chargers 98 to 97 Injuries have cost this guy the ability to get open. Takes forever to get going and to change directions.
DT Ron Edwards Chiefs 83 to 78 Completely out of the rotation at DT in the favor of going young in KC. Played pretty well last season.
FS Jarrad Page Chiefs 83 to 81 Habitual tackle whiffer leading to big plays.
LB Donnie Edwards Chiefs 92 to 90 Is banged up and has been out the past few weeks. Not a stretch to say his time in KC is up after this season.
TE Tony Gonzalez Chiefs 98 to 97 We can't remember how good you are because of the ineptness of the Chiefs passing game.
TE L.J. Smith Eagles 85 to 83 Wants to be more involved in the offense? Difficult when LJ is usually hurt.
CB Chris Houston Falcons 78 to 77 Extremely raw still trying to play man coverage which is supposed to be his strength. Very similar to his speedy predecessor at corner at Arkansas Ahmad Carroll.
FB Tony Richardson Jets 90 to 88 Thought something was up with Minnesota made no attempt to resign him, appears to be old.
C Dominic Raiola Lions 87 to 85 Part of the giant mess known as the Detroit offensive line.
CB Brian Kelly Lions 82 to 80 Is in and out of the starting rotation in Detroit which says enough. Can't really be counted on in man coverage.
G Stephen Peterman Lions 80 to 77 Has been out with injury and didn't do a whole lot when he was in there.
S James Sanders Patriots 86 to 83 Has not been involved at all in pass coverage.
S Michael Huff Raiders 87 to 85 Is apparently a candidate to be benched in Oakland. Has not made any big plays in his time in the NFL.
DT Rocky Bernard Seahawks 84 to 83 Seahawks can't really stop anyone on the ground or anywhere else for that matter.
CB Kelly Jennings Seahawks 87 to 86 Solid corner who has beaten deep too often this year. Now benched and plays in nickel situations.
QB Charlie Frye Seahawks 80 to 77 His lack of poise was startling for a QB that has been in Seattle for over a year now. Looked bad vs. a so so Green Bay defense.
S Deon Grant Seahawks 87 to 85 Has not been good this year in pass coverage.
S Brian Russell Seahawks 86 to 85 No INT's on the year and hasn't teamed up with Deon Grant to be the safeties people expected.
DT Amobi Okoye Texans 92 to 89 Might be in a sophomore slump after big things were expected of him. In and out of the lineup.
C Matt Birk Vikings 95 to 93 The holes aren't there in the middle for Peterson.
G Anthony Herrera Vikings 88 to 87 Has struggled so far, especially in pass blocking.
RT Ryan Cook Vikings 87 to 84 Has not been playing very well, and looked completely inept vs. Detroit and Jared DeVries.

Injuries
P Mat McBriar Cowboys IR
HB Brian Leonard Rams - IR
S Gerald Alexander Lions IR
QB Jon Kitna Lions - IR
G Marshall Yanda Ravens IR
LB Tavares Gooden Ravens - IR
T Drew Radovich Vikings IR

Contracts
WR Roy Williams Cowboys 7 years

#418 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

They say Lowery is the best rookie CB so far, but only 79 rating? Revis should be boosted up to 94 rating, then boost Brick up to 88-90.
Posted Image

#419 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

so wait did the madden league ever jump off?

was that what the msg at 4:30 am was about sdubb?

because it was hilarious.

#420 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (santana @ Oct 17 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so wait did the madden league ever jump off?

was that what the msg at 4:30 am was about sdubb?

because it was hilarious.

Nah because amens xbox got the RROD. So he asked me to wait until he gets it back. I figured I would.

As for the message I was just wildin'.. never had work the next day and I was crunkus. hahahahaha

• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users