NYJetsFan.com Forums: :: Official Kellen Clemens Vs. Chad Pennington Debate :: - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Today, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

:: Official Kellen Clemens Vs. Chad Pennington Debate :: All New Topics Will Be Merged to This Thread!

#181 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I don't want to fight but your logic that Chad has a higher completetion percentage because he takes 5 yard passes, and Clemens doesn't is actually a KNOCK ON CLEMENS. You can't always go deep to the covered reciever.. His article is dead on accurate.

That being said, if Clemens is this poor in camp at reading the middle, and coverage. Chad will cake walk this competition.

There is never an easy thread when the names Chad and Kellen are the in the mix.

O.K.. thats it!! were beefin' wink.gif

How is it dead on? I thought what I mentioned was stating the obvious. Someone came up with a stat survey a few months back. Chad only threw 5 balls ALL SEASON (last season ) over 25 yards. Hummm, lets see... As the defense sits prior to the snap there are about 15 to 20 yards from the line on scrimmage to the safeties. He only threw 3 balls outside of that. In essence, 95% of his balls thrown are right into the heart of the defense and thats IF, he's not dumping it 5 yards backwards to Leon or T.J in the flats.

Why did Chad have so many picks for T.D's last year?. Especially in crucial situations?.. because damn near all of his throws are right in the heart of the defense. I will agree that Chads strong suit is reading coverages, thats never been an issue. But since were talking about stats, Chads stats are skewed because he just lofts little 3 and 4 yarders around. I'm not even talking about long bombs, just nice 25,30,35 yards completions. Posts,corners,hooks or whatever. Thats what makes a defense honest. If all Chad does is hit 3 and 4 yard slants and curls not only is a good percentage of picks going for TD's (throwing into the heart of the defense) but thats what is going to get Cotch,Coles and anyone else for that matter KILLED.

I can tell your a Chad supporter and thats cool but lets not turn a bilnd eye to facts. I personally think Kellen being on this team hurts him. Chads been the starter coming out of camp and I'm sure (for the most part) the playbook is catered to Chad. Unfortuately.. Kellen isn't Chad. Kellen needs more of an open offense but how hard is it to gauge what plays to call when Chad and Kellen are switching reps in camp...

I don't have the answers but fact is fact. I honestly can't stand to watch Chad in there. As much as I admire the guy, I just don't have it me to be lullabyed by Chads insanely frustrating drop offs all game. Recievers get hurt with his style of play. As was the case with these percentages.. Clemens never had the luxury of having a healthy Coles when he got his chance, so even further those stats are skewed. Cotchery is just not a #1 WR type guy. Clemens was throwing to Cotchery,McCareins,Baker and Wallace Wright.. Having Coles out there would have done wonders for him, as defenses would have to compensate for number 87 being out there, which would open up other players as well as give him a # 1 WR type of target.

I Just don't know what else to say. We've been down this road over and over again and I can't make it anymore clearer then this. If what I wrote isn't pretty self explanitory then I think I should just wash my hands with this topic FOR GOOD.

#182 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

All respect to ya. I can't argue it anymore to be honest. hysterical.gif

You know how I feel, I know how you feel, we've been round and round about this..

Camp in a week!!!!

#183 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

do you promise to stop posting this subject until say 7 days of camp .?
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#184 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

Change

versus

Experience

New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#185 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:45 AM

Cimini is a flip-flopper anyway. Next week he'll have a pro-Clemens argument. We saw the way he juggled the draft chatter. Every day it was a new article about who the Jets love and who we'll pick. I hit the snooze when it comes to his opinions.

As for the original point about Clemens not seeing the wide open guy, that's something that comes with experience. The article claims that the defense's coverage collapsed. So he likely read the defense and bypassed a guy he assumed would be covered. It's a flaw anyway you slice it, but it's not one that I'd expect to define his career. Especially if it's just a practice walk-through.

Stats lie anyway. Like Dubb said, it's not tough to get high completion percentages when you're basically shoveling the ball out to the flats. Give me a player that gives us a fighting chance when the game is on the line every single Sunday.

#186 User is offline   nysackexchange Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

Football isn't like Baseball where the statistics pretty much tell the whole truth. You have to WATCH football games to see what is happening. Chad's high completion percentage doesn't help when he throws passes 2 yards shy of the 1st down marker on 3rd down. It doesn't help when his pass takes so long to get there our recievers are routinely getting lit up. It doesn't help when he can't throw to the sidelines because the CB's are just waiting to pick 6 it. I'm not sure if Clemens is the answer, but i'll take my chances with a NFL caliber QB arm who is learning over an NFL caliber brain that physically can't perform.

#187 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:11 AM

How many wide open WRs did Chad miss last year? I remember a whole bunch. Don't get caught up in TC. Chad is one of the best when there is zero pressure. When you pressure Chad he falls apart. Why do you think Chad is awful in the playoffs?
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#188 User is offline   oracle401 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

....although I couldn't help but notice that Kellen Clemens missed a wide-open receiver in a minicamp practice. Explaining a defensive breakdown on a "bunch" formation, Mangini noted how the defense left a receiver all alone in the middle of the field, about 12 yards from the QB. Clemens apparently didn't see him and threw somewhere else for an incompletion.

In the immortal words of Chris Matthews:

"HA! HA! HA!"

Unless Kellen makes some serious improvement, this team's Chad's again.

#189 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (gmany3k @ Jul 17 2008, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you promise to stop posting this subject until say 7 days of camp .?

Just just it's posted doesn't mean you have to click on it. We all have a choice to click on or not. No one is forcing you.

#190 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jul 17 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just just it's posted doesn't mean you have to click on it. We all have a choice to click on or not. No one is forcing you.

The words 'Chad' and 'Start' force me to come hysterical.gif

#191 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

if this hits 2 pages it's getting merged into the locked topic pinned up to the top.

#192 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jul 17 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if this hits 2 pages it's getting merged into the locked topic pinned up to the top.

hysterical.gif fa sho!

#193 User is offline   beanz Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jul 17 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate this shit too, BUT....

it's really one of the only things to talk about, so why not just let the people who care enough to go back and forth with each other? Like S-Dubb said, you don't have to click.

#194 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

i hear you beanz, but it was talked to death. we'll have plenty more debates on this when the TC and the season starts. i can picture it now with fans of both QBs clamoring over every positive thing one does and nitpicking the negatives. and then when the season starts (while Chad is on the bench) his supporters will argue that Chad would have seen this open receiver, and would've made that pass. i'm not against the debates, i'm just saying we're going in circles until we have more to discuss than mini-camp.

#195 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jul 17 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i hear you beanz, but it was talked to death. we'll have plenty more debates on this when the TC and the season starts. i can picture it now with fans of both QBs clamoring over every positive thing one does and nitpicking the negatives. and then when the season starts (while Chad is on the bench) his supporters will argue that Chad would have seen this open receiver, and would've made that pass. i'm not against the debates, i'm just saying we're going in circles until we have more to discuss than mini-camp.

I don't think it'll be Fans of both QB.

I think I might stand alone with Chad. hysterical.gif

#196 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

I'm a fan of clemmington

if pennington wins we are doooomed. unless the win column starts adding up. so happy we drafted a 3rd qb at this point.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#197 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

#198 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jul 17 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They will lose 3 games and him and Moreno will not enter the draft.

#199 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

I dunno why any QB would come out their junior year, there are very few great junior QBs that make it in the NFL. Besides, it's better to have that degree if you turn out to be a bust.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#200 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Jul 17 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno why any QB would come out their junior year, there are very few great junior QBs that make it in the NFL. Besides, it's better to have that degree if you turn out to be a bust.

Well if Georgia somehow wins the SEC(doubtful) he will be gone, I don't even think there will be a competition with him to be the #1 QB taken. Maybe Curtis Painter?

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users