NYJetsFan.com Forums: :: Official Kellen Clemens Vs. Chad Pennington Debate :: - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:05 PM) salas shouldn't be on an NFL roster. #4 WR is a bit generous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:00 PM) extending kerley is a great move. i could see another team poaching him off the roster real fast.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) Salas isn't that bad, hes made some plays for us this season.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) You know who shouldn't be on a NFL roster, Salim Hakim. IDK why hes still on the Jets, he was TERRIBLE at KR and has no value as a WR. Waste of a roster spot IMO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:18 PM) Percy Harvin will be our KR now, I would imagine. Hes electric at it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 PM) yeah hakim is another one i don't understand. he is even attempting to play WR and got benched at KR
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

:: Official Kellen Clemens Vs. Chad Pennington Debate :: All New Topics Will Be Merged to This Thread!

#81 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Jun 30 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
McNabb plays in the NFC. I mean look at the starting QBs for all the NFC Champions since 2000.

2007: Eli Manning (Won, as a Wild Card team)
2006: Rex Grossman (Lost)
2005: Matt Hasselbeck (Lost)
2004: Donovan McNabb (Lost)
2003: Jake Delhomme (Lost)
2002: Trent Dilfer (Won)
2001: Kurt Warner (Lost)
2000: Kerry Collins (Lost)

Ever since Denver broke the AFC's Super Bowl losing streak the NFC has been the weaker conference. The three teams that Chad and the Jets lost to in the playoffs since 2002 all went on to become AFC Champions since then. The Radiers in 02, the Steelers in 05, and the Patriots this past season.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Chad but him (and ever other AFC QB) being in the AFC gives him a tougher road to the Super Bowl than Donovan McNabb had/has.

But I guess with Jetsfan0099's logic Trent Dilfer is more of a winner than Dan Marino is since Dilfer has a ring and Marino doesn't. Proof positive TEAMS win Super Bowls and not PLAYERS.
This will be my final post in this thread since I'm sure there will be a new thread next week on the very same topic. So maybe I'll participate in that thread....or the one the week after next or the one the week after that.

Marino isn't known as a winner....... He is known as a great QB but not a winner...... I'm just saying, that saying Chad is a winner is overrated...
Posted Image

#82 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will not question Mangini, I will question that this team doesn't have a legit QB to replace Pennington. If Clemens doesn't beat Chad out, then we need to draft a QB 1st round this draft. That is priority #1! We need a franchise QB! I am still mad that we didn't go after Drew Brees when he was a FA, then not getting Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler.
I will watch either way, it doesn't matter, I watched the Jets through 05 when we had the worst QB display on earth with like 5-6 QBs through out the season. I'm just sick of Pennington, I want a real QB, one that can actually throw.

The blame for that will have to lie with Tannenbaum and Mangini though, because they are arguably the two most important guys when it comes to personnell and it's their responsibility to bring guys in.

#83 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Jun 30 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in the same boat as you, just your "want" for Kellen, mine is for Chad. Its all understandable. I don't hate on anyone that wants Kellen, I just don't think the arguement should be about how bad Chad "sucks" it should be about what you think of KELLEN.

I don't understand how people can sit here and say Chad sucks, then get infront of the TV next season if he wins the job and support him hardcore like we should, and I will.

Kellen has played 8 games in the NFL...he showed flashes.. His footwork needs alot of work, as does his decision making, and pocket presence. But that comes with playing time. He took over a 1-8 team, that had a pourous line to say the least, and I feel that he will get better this TC with the proper coaching to work on his flaws, which at least the footwork is workable. I like his arm, and with the revamped OL, and a true fullback, the pressure shouldn't be no where near what it was last year. Add in the defense on paper being a helluva lot better, that too should help. I'm not a Chad hater, but I do feel that he has become limited in the vertical passing game (I'm sure those injuries have taken their toll on his arm strength..he hit every receiver in stride in 02). I also saw the 8 men in the box from being at games last year, which is something you can't see on TV. Let the competition begin, and whoever is left standing will be our starter for 08..

But I do like Kellen's potential. And maybe alot of it has to do with Jaworski(who knows the QB position) raving about him being the best QB in the 06 class...isn't it possible that Jaws can be right?

#84 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jun 30 2008, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Marino isn't known as a winner....... He is known as a great QB but not a winner...... I'm just saying, that saying Chad is a winner is overrated...

Okay I lied, Marino only had 1 losing season out of 17 seasons.

Now this is the last one.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#85 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Jun 30 2008, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And another thing, their are alot of die hard Tangini supporters on our forum, that are huge Chad bashers. Question to you guys, since the FO didn't go out this offseason and pick up a veteran QB that has played reasonably well in this league, and lets say the hated Chad wins the job...will you question Mangini then? Just a thought...

not at all. there were no veteran QBs that played reasonably well available. i said it time and time again.. the falcons had to re-sign Harrington, if that's any indicator the caliber of QB that's been available . I don't know what the deal is with guys like Culpepper and Leftwich, but they proved to be unsuccessful in recent years. We're better off with the devil we know, because at least this devil knows the playbook. Pennington might be an expensive backup by fiscal standards, but we can afford him and there's no other QB I'd rather have sitting behind Clemens as an insurance policy.

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Jun 30 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in the same boat as you, just your "want" for Kellen, mine is for Chad. Its all understandable. I don't hate on anyone that wants Kellen, I just don't think the arguement should be about how bad Chad "sucks" it should be about what you think of KELLEN.

I don't understand how people can sit here and say Chad sucks, then get infront of the TV next season if he wins the job and support him hardcore like we should, and I will.

Fair enough. I don't think Chad sucks so much as I just think he's ineffective when it counts. But the reason this post has gone on this long is because the points that we make as Clemens' supporters aren't good enough for you or choon. In 8 starts, Clemens won more, and brought us closer to wins while Chad lost and handed games over. Apparently that's not good enough for you, and that's cool. I'm just saying that when we show our support for Clemens, the Chad supporters want to tell us how inexperienced Kellen is, as if that can't be remedied with playing time.

#86 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Jun 30 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay I lied, Marino only had 1 losing season out of 17 seasons.

Now this is the last one.

I haven't watched Marino play besides some highlights of old games, and all I know about him is that he has great QB numbers but is known as a choke, being bad in the playoffs. Peyton Manning wasn't known as a winner until he finally got his ring. To me being a winner is being able to win big games, Idk I guess my definition of a "winner" QB is different then you 2. Anyways Pennington besides 02 his numbers aren't even that good. At least Marino can be argued that it was his team for the reason why he couldn't win the big game. But Chad folds usually under big games, he is inconsistent. And I am not saying Clemens is great because Pennington is bad, I am saying I just don't believe Chad is the answer anymore. I have my reasons why I like Clemens. I use to be for Pennington also, the day I went against Pennington is the same day Leon29 mentioned that he knew Pennington was done also, and that was the Giants game, when Pennington just completely lost that game for the team basically by himself. His 2 INTs to Ross were not because of bad protection, but because of bad decisions and weak arm. Can't blame the play calling that much for Chad because he has the ability to audible, they gave Chad a lot of freedom in that area. Why doesn't Chad use his "Smarts" to change the bad play call. Some people dislike Brian Schott here, I like him though, I just don't think he has a lot to work with, this year though he does have some quality guys to work with.
Posted Image

#87 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jun 30 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not at all. there were no veteran QBs that played reasonably well available. i said it time and time again.. the falcons had to re-sign Harrington, if that's any indicator the caliber of QB that's been available . I don't know what the deal is with guys like Culpepper and Leftwich, but they proved to be unsuccessful in recent years. We're better off with the devil we know, because at least this devil knows the playbook. Pennington might be an expensive backup by fiscal standards, but we can afford him and there's no other QB I'd rather have sitting behind Clemens as an insurance policy.
Fair enough. I don't think Chad sucks so much as I just think he's ineffective when it counts. But the reason this post has gone on this long is because the points that we make as Clemens' supporters aren't good enough for you or choon. In 8 starts, Clemens won more, and brought us closer to wins while Chad lost and handed games over. Apparently that's not good enough for you, and that's cool. I'm just saying that when we show our support for Clemens, the Chad supporters want to tell us how inexperienced Kellen is, as if that can't be remedied with playing time.

I completely agree
Posted Image

#88 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jun 30 2008, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't watched Marino play besides some highlights of old games, and all I know about him is that he has great QB numbers but is known as a choke, being bad in the playoffs. Peyton Manning wasn't known as a winner until he finally got his ring. To me being a winner is being able to win big games, Idk I guess my definition of a "winner" QB is different then you 2.

Listen to this. Marino isn't good enough for the Chad bashers. Peyton Manning isn't good enough either. Elway went what-14 years before he finally won. Guess he really wasn't much of a winner throughout most of his career either.

Apparently these folks have a simple standard-they give a QB two, maybe three years to start and if he doesn't win a SuperBowl, they say it's time to can his sorry ass and move on to the next one.

And it makes sense. Really. Because if you don't win the SuperBowl in any given year, by definition you haven't won the right games. You may have won lots of other games, but they were not the right games. And if you go several years in a row without winning a SuperBowl, that means you've gone several years without winning the right games. So what choice does a team have but to find someone else, right?

Who can argue with that? It's all so clear and logical.

#89 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jul 1 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Listen to this. Marino isn't good enough for the Chad bashers. Peyton Manning isn't good enough either. Elway went what-14 years before he finally won. Guess he really wasn't much of a winner throughout most of his career either.

Apparently these folks have a simple standard-they give a QB two, maybe three years to start and if he doesn't win a SuperBowl, they say it's time to can his sorry ass and move on to the next one.

And it makes sense. Really. Because if you don't win the SuperBowl in any given year, by definition you haven't won the right games. You may have won lots of other games, but they were not the right games. And if you go several years in a row without winning a SuperBowl, that means you've gone several years without winning the right games. So what choice does a team have but to find someone else, right?

actually it is if u could follow along, the SB isnt the only RIGHT game, its playoff games and games against teams that ARE ACTUALLY GOOD. Pennington is one of the biggest choke artists of one time simply because he CANT win a game, he can only hold onto one. Pennington crumbles in any big game against any good defense and in any playoff game. The only game he didnt choke in while in the playoffs was against the Colts but the defense shut a great colts offense out so what was there to be worried about?

Penningtons time is way past done and he was NEVER the real answer. You ever watch the Replacements? Great movie, also has some good lessons. You know when Falco audibled to a run when the game was on the line cus he read blitz and in another situation where it was say the middle of the game that would be the right read but since u needed to score that play it was a dumbass move. Well thats Chad Pennington for lack of a better anology cus he will check into some plays but hes too scared and too incabable of having the ball in his hands and making a play to win the game. HE SIMPLY CANT DO IT,never has never will. He will hope for everyone else on the team to bail him out, defense, wr's, rb's, even kickers. He'll throw a 0 yard dump off pass one 3rd and 15 with 1:35 left in the 4th quarter and hope to God a Kicker makes a 54 yard field goal rather than hitting a guy downfield for the go ahead td or someone mediocre yardage to at least give the kicker a better chance.

Chad Penningnton is a classic choke artist and its why i call him Captain Choke.

so dont come with this bs that hes a winner cus hes not, he beats up on weak teams by handing off the ball and watching the RB score just enough times to win and the defense have just enough stops to secure the game and then maybe have a terribly thrown ball turn into a td cus the wr is so great he feels like juking out 4 people to score or making a rediculous catch.

look back at any recent game past few years when chad is trying to comeback and win a game and he has no choice but to throw, all ull see is a grotesque amount of pick 6's by opposing defenses.

Chad= Cheerleader

#90 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:35 AM

Every qb on every good team in history beats up on the bad teams. If they don't, they're not doing their job. Saying that a guy beats up on bad teams is really paying him a compliment-it means he is not cheating his team by losing to clubs he should beat.

As far as losing to good teams, I have a question: how many games do you see a club lose but the qb looks really good? It happens occasionally, but most of the time if the club is being outplayed, the qb tries to make it up by pressing and ends up being intercepted, etc. This is not just for Chad, this is for everybody.

I have a question for you and all the people who really detest Chad-please point me to a Jets team that you think was overwhelming in the Chad years. A team that had the big talent and almost certainly would've been SuperBowl bound if they had merely adequate quarterbacking. Because I don't remember one. Do you?

#91 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jul 1 2008, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every qb on every good team in history beats up on the bad teams. If they don't, they're not doing their job. Saying that a guy beats up on bad teams is really paying him a compliment-it means he is not cheating his team by losing to clubs he should beat.

As far as losing to good teams, I have a question: how many games do you see a club lose but the qb looks really good? It happens occasionally, but most of the time if the club is being outplayed, the qb tries to make it up by pressing and ends up being intercepted, etc. This is not just for Chad, this is for everybody.

I have a question for you and all the people who really detest Chad-please point me to a Jets team that you think was overwhelming in the Chad years. A team that had the big talent and almost certainly would've been SuperBowl bound if they had merely adequate quarterbacking. Because I don't remember one. Do you?

um 2002? 2004? 06 coulda gone further. he blew it BIG TIME against the steelers, had a TERRIBLE game. We coulda gone all the way that year

and im saying ALL chad can do is beat up on lil teams. Saying that qbs look bad in losses to better teams cus they try harder DOESNT HELP THE ARGUMENT CUS THE BETTER QBS WIN AGAINST GOOD TEAMS!! Chad doesnt, AT ALL!

now yr just being rediculous and trying to make chad blameless. Good qbs HAVE to beat GOOD TEAMS AND CHAD DOESNT.

your ignorance is not appreciated nor taking seriously.You have no legitimate argument and arent even on point, your dancing around the facts to try to make chad look betta and its not gunna work. if u like the guy so much go join his fainclub on the bench where he belongs.

Chad= Cheerleader

#92 User is offline   mangold107 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:53 AM

I agree completely

BTW does everyone know that Troy Akman went 1-15 his first year playing?? Should have just thrown his a$$ out, he had happy feet and made bad decisions.

I just can not believe anyone would say Kellen can not play QB in the NFL just because his first couple of games.
Give him one full year, if he does not show improvement then we know to draft a QB. Lets find out!

#93 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (mangold107 @ Jul 1 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree completely

BTW does everyone know that Troy Akman went 1-15 his first year playing?? Should have just thrown his a$$ out, he had happy feet and made bad decisions.

I just can not believe anyone would say Kellen can not play QB in the NFL just because his first couple of games.
Give him one full year, if he does not show improvement then we know to draft a QB. Lets find out!

Yea dude I feel you. I mean, I'm an extremely optimistic fan, so sometimes my fandom skews my opinions a bit, but I see no reason for Clemens to fail. It hasn't gotten to the point, a la Chad, where it's the same old story (dump offs and lame duck chucks) where he can't make the throws. Clemens is still a fresh talent, and I think w/ the new o-line it will improve the entire offense, including Clemens confidence.

When Clemens starts throwing game ending picks, Sunday after Sunday, then I'll call it a wrap. Till then, he's our guy.

#94 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (mangold107 @ Jul 1 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree completely

BTW does everyone know that Troy Akman went 1-15 his first year playing?? Should have just thrown his a$ out, he had happy feet and made bad decisions.

He was 0-11, and it was his FIRST YEAR in the league, he was a complete rookie. Which Clemens isn't.

That was a great comparison, Aikmans 0-11 start in the league, and Clemens. crazy.gif

#95 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jul 1 2008, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
um 2002? 2004? 06 coulda gone further. he blew it BIG TIME against the steelers, had a TERRIBLE game. We coulda gone all the way that year

and im saying ALL chad can do is beat up on lil teams. Saying that qbs look bad in losses to better teams cus they try harder DOESNT HELP THE ARGUMENT CUS THE BETTER QBS WIN AGAINST GOOD TEAMS!! Chad doesnt, AT ALL!

now yr just being rediculous and trying to make chad blameless. Good qbs HAVE to beat GOOD TEAMS AND CHAD DOESNT.

your ignorance is not appreciated nor taking seriously.You have no legitimate argument and arent even on point, your dancing around the facts to try to make chad look betta and its not gunna work. if u like the guy so much go join his fainclub on the bench where he belongs.

You know who else blew the Steelers game? Our FG kicker, and Herm. You need a team effort to go into Heinz field and beat the Steelers, and we didn't get that. Chad wasn't special, but we were in position to win that game. If I remember correctly a QB from PITT wasn't too good in that Game either.

2006? We had to play the Pats AGAIN in their place, thats alot ot be asking out of anyone. Name a QB who has beaten the Pats 2x in their own place?

Like I've said before, Yes, I support Chad because every piece of dirt against him isn't too true and not that fair. But I would love to see Clemens step in and be the real deal. I'd also love for Chad to step in and do it up. I want the best for this team.

And Besthands can you PLEASE do some spell and grammar checks on your posts. If your talking about not being taken seriously, using words like "betta" and "lil" isn't going to help your cause either.

#96 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

Pennington vs Clemens debate 2065 and so it goes ...........gmany3kII hysterical.gif
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#97 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jun 30 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will not question Mangini, I will question that this team doesn't have a legit QB to replace Pennington. If Clemens doesn't beat Chad out, then we need to draft a QB 1st round this draft. That is priority #1! We need a franchise QB! I am still mad that we didn't go after Drew Brees when he was a FA, then not getting Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler.
I will watch either way, it doesn't matter, I watched the Jets through 05 when we had the worst QB display on earth with like 5-6 QBs through out the season. I'm just sick of Pennington, I want a real QB, one that can actually throw.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you but Brees and Leinart both have weak arms. That's why Leinart sucks and that's why Brees is playing indoors now.
“We know we’re better than you, we don’t give a f*ck if you know it or not, we don’t give a sh*t if you give us your best game, we’re gonna give you our best game and we’re gonna beat the f*ck outta ya. How’s that?”

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

#98 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Jun 30 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kellen has played 8 games in the NFL...he showed flashes.. His footwork needs alot of work, as does his decision making, and pocket presence. But that comes with playing time. He took over a 1-8 team, that had a pourous line to say the least, and I feel that he will get better this TC with the proper coaching to work on his flaws, which at least the footwork is workable. I like his arm, and with the revamped OL, and a true fullback, the pressure shouldn't be no where near what it was last year. Add in the defense on paper being a helluva lot better, that too should help. I'm not a Chad hater, but I do feel that he has become limited in the vertical passing game (I'm sure those injuries have taken their toll on his arm strength..he hit every receiver in stride in 02). I also saw the 8 men in the box from being at games last year, which is something you can't see on TV. Let the competition begin, and whoever is left standing will be our starter for 08..

But I do like Kellen's potential. And maybe alot of it has to do with Jaworski(who knows the QB position) raving about him being the best QB in the 06 class...isn't it possible that Jaws can be right?

Yeah and Ryan Leaf was a can't miss prospect! Those analysts don't know how any QB will translate to the NFL game. They base all of their decisions on their technique and scouting combine results. But nobody can sit their and say that a player is going to make it at the next level or not. They just don't know. Don't let them fool you.
“We know we’re better than you, we don’t give a f*ck if you know it or not, we don’t give a sh*t if you give us your best game, we’re gonna give you our best game and we’re gonna beat the f*ck outta ya. How’s that?”

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

#99 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jun 30 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not that I'm against Clemens, it's the fact that you chad-haters think Clemens proved something last year by throwing 5 tds and 8 int. I just don't see what you see, that's all. But if Clemens wins the job I will root for him b/c I'm a Jets fan. Ellen Degeneres could be the QB next year and I would still root for the Jets every sunday as hard as I always do.

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

#100 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jul 1 2008, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hysterical.gif

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users