NYJetsFan.com Forums: Farve To The Jets? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) no FG
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 PM) TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) that was a fumble recovered by KC in the endzone ... TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) FIRE IDZIK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) TY KC
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) THAT IS A BIG ASS FB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) if shit had gone our way we'd be 3-1 right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) what a bummer
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) :ranting3:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) INT TD KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Farve To The Jets?

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:31 AM

Brett Favre-QB- Packers Jul. 2 - 7:16 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter suggest the Jets, Chiefs, and Ravens as possible landing spots if the Packers decide to trade Brett Favre.

Schefter strongly cautions that he's not reporting or trying to "rumor monger," but these would all be sensible landing spots. The Chiefs once traded for Joe Montana in a somewhat similar scenario. The Jets once thought they would get Favre, but settled for drafting Browning Nagle instead. In the end, however, Schefter says he wouldn't bet on Favre playing football in 2008.
Related: Ravens, Chiefs, Jets

#2 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:31 AM

IF Favre ever comes back, the Ravens and Chiefs would make the most sense, since they feel they are only a quality QB away from SuperBowl contention.

The Jets? Nah. It's true that we really wanted him at the beginning, but the people who really wanted him have all gone. That's how Favre ended up in Green Bay in the first place-Ron Wolf, the personnel guy who tried so hard to get Favre for the Jets at the beginning, went over to Green Bay and made his top prority getting Favre over there.

Moreover, Tangini has a set out plan, and they are sticking to it. That plan does not include quick fixes like unretiring qb's-it's just not in their nature.

My guess is Miami. Bill Parcells loves old qb's.

#3 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:59 AM

Oh god, I hope not. Stay retired, dude.

#4 User is offline   RUJebus Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jul 3 2008, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IF Favre ever comes back, the Ravens and Chiefs would make the most sense, since they feel they are only a quality QB away from SuperBowl contention.

Ravens might be a quality QB away from SuperBowl contention, but the Chiefs are nowhere near that. They have no team and no coach.

#5 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (RUJebus @ Jul 3 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ravens might be a quality QB away from SuperBowl contention, but the Chiefs are nowhere near that. They have no team and no coach.

They were in the playoff hunt two years ago and were good enough to make old journeyman Damon Huard look like a million bucks. I'm sure they think the collapse in 2007 was because of Brodie Croyle's growing pains. With a rip-'em-up QB like Favre running the club for the next two years, they would expect big things.

#6 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jul 3 2008, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh god, I hope not. Stay retired, dude.

There have been many posts on this subject worded much stronger than this, but I'll just reply to this one because it is in this thread.

Can somebody please tell me why anybody feels they have the right to tell somebody they are wrong for changing their mind about their own career? Yes I know he publicly announced his retirement, or seemed to announce it through tears a couple of years ago, and now it looks like he's having second thoughts again, but so what?

The Packers don't want him anymore, not because Favre wasn't great last year but because Rodgers played so sharp during Favre's absence one game that they feel this is the right time to hand over the team. So if Favre wants to change his mind, and some club wants him, why all this exasperation?

Are these fans taking Favre's retirement announcement as some sort of personal promise to them, specifically? If so, why?

#7 User is offline   oracle401 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

In the immortal words of Penn&Teller:

"BULLSHIT!"

Leave Farve alone. Let a lame dog die an honorable death. Farve tarnishes his legacy with every come-back story. This guy's like a little kid who just wants attention.

#8 User is offline   oracle401 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jul 3 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can somebody please tell me why anybody feels they have the right to tell somebody they are wrong for changing their mind about their own career?

Not at all the point.

This is about narcissism on Farve's part. He does this intentionally I'm sure of it. He'll announce his retirement. Everyone will cry their crocodile tears wish he'd reconsider. He doesn't. He leaves. Mid-season, when he sees other people besides him making headlines, he "considers" a comeback and walks back into the NFL, basking the glory to the sounds trumpeting sycophantic fans.

It has to stop.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

I wouldn't want him for 1 reason. He is old and I don't think he could master our system in a month. If we got him in the offseason before the draft, maybe because he could learn the system and build the chemistry, but we are talking about a QB coming in for a year and not knowing the system at training camp. I do not want that, we are better off with Clemens who has 3 years in this system.
Favre can still play though, I thought he shouldn't have retired, but now its a dick move, because they are all ready for Rogers being their QB.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   bigrob142 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:football, all sports and girls<br />love the jets, nets, yanks, and devils!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

dont tease me like that. holy shit. itll never happen but wow....

#11 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

I heard shefter say this on the air. It's complete speculation. Shefter is stuck out there at the rookie symposium and needs attention.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#12 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jul 3 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Favre can still play though, I thought he shouldn't have retired, but now its a dick move, because they are all ready for Rogers being their QB.

I doubt he'll be going back to the Packers. They didn't even try to talk him out of retirement when he announced. Aaron Rodgers played up a storm during a stretch of a game when Favre got hurt, and the Packers decided right there that it was time to give him the team.

Although they still have his contract, any return by Favre will be to someone else. The Packers should not demand much in the way of compensation from whatever team Favre can reach agreement with-assuming he does come back.

#13 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (oracle401 @ Jul 3 2008, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is about narcissism on Farve's part. He does this intentionally I'm sure of it.

Thank you Dr. Freud. Well, that rules out any possibility that what we have here is a guy who lived, breathed and constantly thought football since he was five, who loves just about everything about playing the game, but who for several years had increasing doubts that his aging body could take the brutal training camp regimen even one more time. And is therefore unable to keep himself from going back and forth on the issue.

He'll announce his retirement. Everyone will cry their crocodile tears wish he'd reconsider. He doesn't. He leaves. Mid-season, when he sees other people besides him making headlines, he "considers" a comeback and walks back into the NFL, basking the glory to the sounds trumpeting sycophantic fans.

None of this seems to correlate with the situation at hand. Favre already announced his retirement months ago. The Packers did NOT try to talk him out of it. He's NOT considering a midseason comeback, he's considering a comeback ten weeks before the season begins, which will give him plenty of time to fit right in. With his experience, Favre might know more about the system his new team is putting in than the offensive coordinator.

It has to stop.

This is what gets me-why are you and other fans taking this so personally? Did you take his retirement announcement as a personal promise to you? It's his career, and if some team decides that Brett Favre at QB gives them a better chance to win than whoever they have now, what's the problem?

#14 User is offline   titmouse Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jul 3 2008, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Dr. Freud. Well, that rules out any possibility that what we have here is a guy who lived, breathed and constantly thought football since he was five, who loves just about everything about playing the game, but who for several years had increasing doubts that his aging body could take the brutal training camp regimen even one more time. And is therefore unable to keep himself from going back and forth on the issue.
None of this seems to correlate with the situation at hand. Favre already announced his retirement months ago. The Packers did NOT try to talk him out of it. He's NOT considering a midseason comeback, he's considering a comeback ten weeks before the season begins, which will give him plenty of time to fit right in. With his experience, Favre might know more about the system his new team is putting in than the offensive coordinator.
This is what gets me-why are you and other fans taking this so personally? Did you take his retirement announcement as a personal promise to you? It's his career, and if some team decides that Brett Favre at QB gives them a better chance to win than whoever they have now, what's the problem?

I have to agree. The guy gave his heart and all for a long time, played the game right, hurt etc. It must be real tough to finally walk away. He was never a guy that tried to drum up publicity (though Madden regularly sucked his dik on MNF or any other game he covered), if he (or anyone except Roger Clemens maybe) wants to come back that is his call. I love the guy and would love to see him play more.

#15 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:34 PM

The only way Farve is landing on the Jets is if you sign him from FA on Madden 09.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#16 User is offline   harris13 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

heres my prediction.

packers trade brett favre to dolphins for jason taylor

#17 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (harris13 @ Jul 3 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres my prediction.

packers trade brett favre to dolphins for jason taylor

That actually makes a lot of sense since they were inquiring about Taylor before. I dunno. I dont think the jets would take him, what would they give up for Favre? And then your really banking on win next year or nothing. Plus our wr's have had enough problems adjusting from Penningtons soft passes to Clemens rockets, what would they do with Favre throwing to them? Doesnt sound good to me.

I like Favre and if he comes back good for him, i just dunno where hed end up cus GB is def not gunna have him back. Very strange situation here.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jul 3 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, its a personal promise to ALL of us. He RETIRED. The Packers have turned the page, its time for Farve to do the same.

#19 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Jul 4 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, its a personal promise to ALL of us. He RETIRED. The Packers have turned the page, its time for Farve to do the same.

Technically he never retired. As Schefter has stated a bunch of times there was obvious paperwork that had to be submitted that he hasn't done yet so in acutallity he hasn't officially retired.

#20 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

Look, NO ONE has the right to tell a professional athlete when its time to retire, its THEIR life, its what they've been doin since they were kids and what they worked so hard to achieve in life. No one goes around to an office and says, hey bob, what are u 55 now? dont u think its time to hang the stapler up and retire? I mean comon. I know the money is different but most athletes love thier job or at least better than another job so no one has a right to tell them when its time for their dream to be over. Its a teams decision on whether or not they can still use them but as long as there is still a team that will have them in some capacity then they can and should play as long as they want.

If Favre still wants to play, thats his and his family's decision to make, not ours. Its his life, his memories, his body, and his sacrifice. Let the guy be. He might not have done it the best or cosmetically good looking way, but we are all human, we cant always do everything to everyone elses standereds and hes been confused for a while. Its a huge decision and hes had trouble wit it. Just let him be is all im saying.

Chad= Cheerleader

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users