NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Need To Gain Weight. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (10 July 2014 - 09:00 AM) THE BEETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:13 PM) GET JOHNSON
azjetfan Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM) Fire Idzik!
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:29 AM) titties
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I Need To Gain Weight. What foods sdhould I eat?

#21 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Aug 24 2005, 10:25 PM)
Well at leas you're on the team, and congrats on making it. drinks.gif
BUT THE COWS! THE COWS! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I am a hard gainer too, I would suggest buying a weight gainer, either Mass-Tech, N-Large, or CytoGainer, I have tried them all they are all pretty good, my favorite is N-Large. And take 2 shakes a day with your regular food intake you should put on some good lean mass.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:13 AM

those things aren't good for u. espicially your liver. the best way to do it is without supplements. try to eat fatening fods that aren't that bad for u. like dairy (milk is fatening and good for) try drinkinkg like 8 glasses of it a day and eat alot of chhese like cheese burgers and stuff. dairy and meat is good for u and fatenting. so are eggs
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 29 2005, 11:48 AM)
those things aren't good for u. espicially your liver. the best way to do it is without supplements. try to eat fatening fods that aren't that bad for u. like dairy (milk is fatening and good for) try drinkinkg like 8 glasses of it a day and eat alot of chhese like cheese burgers and stuff. dairy and meat is good for u and fatenting. so are eggs

How is it bad for your liver? And if it is bad for your liver, which it ain't, it is just high protein, and high calories, take Milk Thisle it supports the liver. They def. aren't bad for you, it is just protein. And ground beef is a good way to put on weight too, tuna fish is good for you, hard boiled eggs.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#24 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

Supplements being "bad for you" are basically wives tales. As long as you have reached puberty, you should be fine.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Aug 29 2005, 04:29 PM)
Supplements being "bad for you" are basically wives tales.  As long as you have reached puberty, you should be fine.

Well it depends on the supplement, like Andro isn't really the safest thing. But just protein is not bad for you 1 bit, thats why I don't know what Jetsfan115 is talking about. And if you take creatine, lots of people say it is bad for you, but as long as you cycle off on it every 6-8 weeks you will be fine. There are a lot of ways to gain weight, just make sure you are getting tons of calories.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:09 AM

Guys, let's not make him a blob of fat, that'll cause a ton o health problems a long the road. And you know, maybe a cow might live another day longer, think about that.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#27 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:28 PM

my brother took creatine to bulk up and his doctor told him to stop cause his liver. he also asked 3 trainers and all they all said creatine is bad for your liver. they said its worse for it then alcohol. protien is the same. its an unnatural amount of it in your body and needs to be filtered
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 30 2005, 06:03 PM)
my brother took creatine to bulk up and his doctor told him to stop cause his liver. he also asked 3 trainers and all they all said creatine is bad for your liver. they said its worse for it then alcohol. protien is the same. its an unnatural amount of it in your body and needs to be filtered

Unnatural amounts? It isn't unnatural amounts, the reason to take protein shakes is to get enough protein for you diet. If you take a multi-vitamin, is that bad for you cause you are takin unnatural amounts? That makes no sense to me, there is nothing wrong with protein powders except some protein powders have a lot of suger, but that is about it. If you don't take a protein powder, you are gonna have a hard time getting the amount of protein to pack on serouis muscle, without it, you will have to be eating every second of the day. There are different views on creatine, I know some people who don't take it cause they heard it is bad for you liver. But my view on it, is we already have creatine in our body, and we get it in our meats, so why doesn't it affect your liver if it is in meats, it is still passing through the liver. Honestly I think there is nothing wrong with creatine, but to be safe I would def. cycle off of it every 2 months, then stop for 2 months.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:55 PM

It ok to get enough for your diet but to add 10x more then your diet (and essentially your body is used too) and your body feels the need to filter it (which it has to). Its abd cause its an excessive amount. For instance a little alcohol is ok but excessive amounts (5 drinks a day every day) will wear down your liver. We all have human growth hormones too but is it smart to inject your self with 10times more then your used too? our body isn’t made to “crash adjust” or handle anything too far outside the ordinary
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Sep 1 2005, 05:30 PM)
It ok to get enough for your diet but to add 10x more then your diet (and essentially your body is used too) and your body feels the need to filter it (which it has to). Its abd cause its an excessive amount. For instance a little alcohol is ok but excessive amounts (5 drinks a day every day) will wear down your liver. We all have human growth hormones too but is it smart to inject your self with 10times more then your used too? our body isn’t made to “crash adjust” or handle anything too far outside the ordinary

I agree to that you aren't suppose to go overboard with the protein or anything, to much of anything is bad for you, but protein powders are used for just to fullfil your daily needs like a a guy 200 lbs will need around 300 grams of protein a day, and instead of eating non-stop I think it will be easier just to take 2 shakes a day to get like 80 grams to make it easier to get those 300 grams. And to figure out the amount of protein I should consume a day I do 1 1/2 of protein for every pound to gain weight, people say 1 gram for every pound but I usually do that to maintain my weight.And creatine is a touchy subject cause, you use the analogy of alchohol, that is why in my previous topics I said it is smart to cycle off of it, to give your liver a break. But creatine is def. not essential to gaining weight ( but it could help,especailly with gaining muscle) but without a protein powder I think it would be pretty hard to gain good weight instead of just fat.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#31 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:25 AM

I've heard the average diet of an NFL player is like 2400 more calories than an average person's.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

I woulnd’t doubt it cause they need the energy and need the fat or they’ll get too thin during the season. and asfar as the weight gainers go I personally wouldn’t and I don’t think it’s a good idea. My best advice would be to consult a doctor before taking anything
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Playing and watching football, Working out,sleeping

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:09 PM

Yea. I dont want to do anything thats not healthy. I eat a lot i just have a fast matabolism. Like I could eat like 2 big macs with 2 large fries and I won't gain a pound.

#34 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (JetsRock1991 @ Aug 17 2005, 07:33 PM)
I'm about 5'10 and 130 pounds and I need to gain weight. I want to play Dline and I need some weight on me. I need to know what kind of foods to eat to help gain some weight. I heard rice and pasta help. But does  anyone know some other food that I could eat?

Meat and lots of fast food like McDonalds, BK, Wendy's, Arbys etc.

#35 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:16 PM

just ask your doctor about possible diets
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Sep 2 2005, 11:18 AM)
I woulnd’t doubt it cause they need the energy and need the fat or they’ll get too thin during the season. and asfar as the weight gainers go I personally wouldn’t and I don’t think it’s a good idea. My best advice would be to consult a doctor before taking anything

Def. ask a docter, any docter will tell you it is perfectly safe, I really have no clue what you are talking about it not being safe unless you take a whole jug in a day, but that is the same as taking a bottle of multi-vitamins at once, anything to much will be bad 4 u. Ask any trainer or any person at a vitamin store, I bet if you tell them you wanna gain weight they will bring you straight to the weight gainers. And not to mention it is cheap, a whole container will last you a month and it is only 30 bucs, if you try to get the same about of protein that is in a weight gainer, you will be spendin a ton more on food. Lets just say you spend 5 bucs a day of 2 peices of chicken breast, that is 150 dollars a month. I def. suggest you go into a vitamin store and ask them. I think going to a docter is pointless just to spend 20 bucs on a co-pay to ask him if weight gainers is a good and safte way to gain weight. Can you tell me the difference if you eat a piece of chicken that is 40 grams or instead just takin a shake that is 40 grams? Like I said b4 protein powders are a more convenent and cheaper way to get the necassary protein to gain weight.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#37 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (ChadPenningtonrulez#10 @ Sep 2 2005, 01:46 PM)
Meat and lots of fast food like McDonalds, BK, Wendy's, Arbys etc.

Are you a moron? Don't tell him to eat crap like that. He wants to put on muscle mass, not fat. Meats are good but stay far far away from McDonalds, Burger King and all other fast foods, they will do nothing but bad things for you.
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:43 PM

Ok then just meat.

#39 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:06 AM

Just look at grams of fat, like maybe put extra olive oil in salds, on bread, among other things. Look at calories, and be a couch potato for a little bit.
But the more I think about, I'm the I wanna take 10 pounds off despite being as thin as a twig type, so maybe listen to others.

#40 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Playing and watching football, Working out,sleeping

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Sep 2 2005, 10:30 PM)
Are you a moron?  Don't tell him to eat crap like that.  He wants to put on muscle mass, not fat.  Meats are good but stay far far away from McDonalds, Burger King and all other fast foods, they will do nothing but bad things for you.

Yea exactly. I dont want fat. Cauz i dont want anything unhealthy for me. I want carbs. Like rice pasta.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users