NYJetsFan.com Forums: Xbox 360 Price Announced - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2JBallar01 Icon : (22 August 2014 - 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 August 2014 - 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (22 August 2014 - 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (22 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 August 2014 - 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM) Sam Bradford tears ACL and out for the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Dimitri Patterson is MISSING
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 04:50 PM) BREAKING NEWS: NO FAT CHICKS!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Rams want Sanchez
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Shotty and Sanchez again
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:04 PM) Champ Bailey to be released by Denver. Considering how busted up we are and Patterson now being suspended, do we take a look?
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:05 PM) Cro rumored to be gettin released from Arizona. We should definitely bring him in since he already knows the system and he's bett erhtan our 3rd/4th stringers which is where we're at at this point.
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) *better than
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM) Cro may get released?!
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 02:07 PM) /announcement
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 04:54 PM) patterson suspended indefinatly by idzik. were fucked at CB right now
azjetfan Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Do the Rams have a CB worth trading for?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) Saunders had a seizure, that is why he got into a car crash. He returned to practice, weird/
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:00 AM) ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Jets tried trading WR Stepehen Hill this summer. No takers. Let's see if final cuts today and Saturday change that equation.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (Today, 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xbox 360 Price Announced

#1 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:31 PM

Microsoft Sets Price for Xbox 360 Versions
Alex Pham
Microsoft Corp. said its next-generation Xbox 360 game console would cost $299 to $399 when the device is launched this holiday season.

The $299 version will come with a wired controller, but will not have the 20-gigabyte hard-disc drive, wireless controller, headset, Ethernet cable and wireless television remote control included in the $399 version.

Sony Corp., which said it would launch PlayStation 3 in the spring, has not released a price for its new console.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

$299.99 - Wired Controller.

$399.99 - 20gb HDD, wireless controller, headset, ethernet cable, and remote.

Source: http://www.latimes.c...-business-enter

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:58 AM

so does the cheap one have a hard drive? i'll probably spring the extra hundrerd and get the better one. i'm sick of wires in my room anyway
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:56 AM

I hope the PS3 is just as cheap.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:02 PM

Why? The xbox360 is the better machine on paper and the launch games are gonna be sick. plus by the time PS3 launches it will have like 5 games and xbox360 will have at least 30.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 18 2005, 05:37 PM)
Why? The xbox360 is the better machine on paper and the launch games are gonna be sick. plus by the time PS3 launches it will have like 5 games and xbox360 will have at least 30.

Yeah, but in my opinion I think Sony makes better video games. But, that is my opinion, and your entitled to your own as well.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:34 PM

Sony barely makes games. What are u talking about? Give me some good games sony made. And micrsoft doesn’t make games either really. Just the XSN sportsline which mostly pretty good.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 18 2005, 12:37 PM)

I didn't say the PS3 is gonna have more or better games????????????? It can play PS2 and PS1 gams so if i ever get NCAA 06 i can play the thing in my PS3. Xbox lover. 2.gif

#8 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 18 2005, 03:09 PM)
Sony barely makes games. What are u talking about? Give me some good games sony made. And micrsoft doesn’t make games either really. Just the XSN sportsline which mostly pretty good.

They made Age of Empires. They published RON. They made Age of Kings. They made the NFL Fever and NBA Inside Drive series. What's next? They made Age of Mythology. Now you think Microsoft don't make good games?

#9 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 18 2005, 08:09 PM)

Um... we have been over this before, so I am not gonna give you any games from Sony. I mentioned some in the past, I do not need to bother saying them now.

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:59 PM

I never said MS doesn’t make good games I said neither of them make a lot of games. They might publish them but their not the actual makers of them. But to make it short and end it I’m not loyal to any of them. I work for my money and can give 2 craps about either company. I just want the most for my money and the best machine with the best games. And I was a “sony lover” as u call it. have both playstations until I bought a GC and an xbox. Then seen the xbox was far superior. If the PS3 turns out to be better with better games then I’ll buy one and say how great it is. I don’t take sides with their company. If sony and MS aint paying my rent then why should I support their company?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:20 PM

microsoft has like only made one game of my liking while sony keeps coming with there serieses (Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, Gran Tourismo) to name a few... i really only like halo
ColesReturns87

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:23 PM

sont didn't make any of those games? GTA i know is rockstar and i think FF is squaresoft
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:03 AM

im gonna get PS3 just for the next grand theft auto. i dont play halo, but ive heard good things about it. however, i dont see how any game ever made could be better than grand theft auto san andreas. from the amazing storyline to the killing that makes it GTA to the hundreds of side things to do, to the difficulty that they got right on target (difficult enough but not impossible). its amazing

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:55 PM

all the GTA's are on both systems and will be on both xbox360 and ps3 so if thats the only reason u want one u might want to rethink it
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Aug 20 2005, 11:30 PM)
all the GTA's are on both systems and will be on both xbox360 and ps3 so if thats the only reason u want one u might want to rethink it

Everyone just ignore him ^^^ he is a XBOX fan boy. You can call me a Playstation fan boy, but guess what... im not.. I perfer Nintendo games over Playstation games.

Playstation > Xbox

Classic games like Mario > all

GTA > Halo

GTA = Madden > Halo

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:29 PM

how does it make me an xbox fanboy cause i stated a fact about a game? and i guess u can call me that but i was a playstation fanboy until xbox whooped the ps2 a$$ and got all the best game makers on their side. and before i was a play station fan boy i was a nintendo fanboy. i'm not loyal to a system or bug company. its stupid to be that way. i'm loyal to the best product
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:14 PM

There shouldn't be any arguments about loyalty to video games...that's ridiculous. I prefer Xbox but PS2 is just as good. It is upsetting that a system that costs less than a hundred dollars to produce is priced at two hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 August 2005 - 12:05 AM

actually on the new xbox MS is taking a hit. they cost more to produce then they are selling for. the processors alone are 400 dollars. the first xbox was probably about 200 to produce
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 August 2005 - 11:51 AM

not true.....im not familiar with the costs of processors or any of that, but i do know that a company will not make a product that they lose money on. never. its one thing if theyve been making it for a while, prices for parts went up, then they started losing money, but even in that case, they would stop production. if microsoft is going to lose moeny on the new xbox, they will not make it, especially if it hasnt even been released yet.

#20 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:27 PM

Xbox 360 will only succede b/c it comes out first. It's not going to be nearly as powerful as PS3 because of no other reason then logic... it comes out before it. technology always improves as per Moore's rule. Also the price is ridiculous. 300 for an inferior system and 400 for the one every will want. the stripped down version does not have a wireless controller nor a HD. if you were to buy everything that the 400 dollar version has the price would be around 450-500. that's unfair because there's really no reason to have the stripped down version. But there's no way I pay 400 dollars for any video game system and I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I'll wait for the price to go down thank you very much.

The PS3 will fail becuase it will come out at least a year after Xbox 360 and should cost anywhere from 400- 600 dollars. Don't believe me? Fine, but I'm telling you Sony is insane with this thing. It's so powerful that not one single person can afford it without putting it on a payment plan. I think sony might be throwing around ideas on payment plans of their own for gamers to use to buy this monstrosity.

And there's Revolution. Not muc can be said about it except TBA. not much is known and expectations are becoming unrealistic. But it promised to cost anywhere from 150-200 dollars so if you ask me this will sell better then most people give it a chanc to. With all this HD stuff and incredible power being used, price seems to be thrown to the wayside. MEanwhile nintendo promises great gameplay, as usual, and an affordible, small, sleek, quite, wifi out of the box machine. Those are things the other companies can't garuntee.

I dont know what will happen in the next year or so but I do know that I wont buy anything I think is overpriced and especially if I'm swamped in school work in year 2 at PSU.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users