NYJetsFan.com Forums: Make A Statement This Game! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:50 AM) Teh.
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:59 AM) Peeps in new Orleans still talking about wrestle mania
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:59 AM) The hype was strong
Jetsman05 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 12:27 PM) Unreal.
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 12:33 PM) It was all just a dream
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 05:20 PM) I used to read Word Up magazine
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://espn.go.com/n...port?src=mobile
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 08:32 PM) Its funny how much baseball has used replay in the first 2 weeks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (13 April 2014 - 08:46 PM) BREAKING NEWS: I'M STILL FUCKIN ALIVE JUST BUSY GETTING MY BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND!!!! FOR FURTHER NOTICE KISS MY ASS!!!!
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 09:30 PM) Lol
santana Icon : (13 April 2014 - 09:31 PM) Gg03 doing his own updates
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:33 PM) ^because the updates here never change
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:30 AM) That's right, because I was on the edge of my seat wondering whether or not Garrett McIntyre would be resigned or not.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 AM) There is not really much to update us about in the dog days of the off-season. Unless we want Santana to be like CNN and give us constant "updates" about the missing Malaysian airplane.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:50 AM) I should start doing baseball updates
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:50 AM) Dodger dawgss
Smedsthejet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:52 PM) Cro enjoyed a good birthday with some of that Cardinals signing bonus: http://kissingsuzyko...tle-people.html
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:44 PM) ESPN NY
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:44 PM) 18. New York Jets -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: Surprised? Yes, the Jets need a receiver, but it's the deepest receiver draft in years, and they can find a good one in the second round. This would mark the fifth straight year with a defensive pick in Round 1.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:51 PM) is he better than Gilbert, Dennard, and Fuller?
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 03:56 PM) In my biased opinion I don't think he's better than Dennard.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) ewww
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Denard and Gilbert are gone in this mock by 18
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) no f***ing way...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) ICYMI We AREN'T the 49ers... THANK GOODNESS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Carry On NUMBNUTS!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) FAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) DAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 PM) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 PM) EVOLUTION!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:57 PM) OOO Man I got to get tickets to Extreme rules now. since I will be in NY that week
greenandwhit... Icon : (Today, 02:32 AM) I have to get tickets... Evolution is back. I'm 10 years old again
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:04 AM) Chris Johnson visiting jets today
santana Icon : (Today, 10:06 AM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) izdik offers him a lifetime supply of clip on dreadlocks
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) ‏@KristianRDyer 1h
Hearing from a team source that interest between Jets, Chris Johnson is "mutually high between both parties." #nyjets #jetstwitter
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:16 PM) ICYMI : Today marks the 51 year anniversary that the Titans of NY became the NEW YORK JETS
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:21 PM) nice we could use CJ. we still lack offesnife playmakers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:02 PM) ‏@MMehtaNYDN 7m
Chris Johnson's visit with the Jets today: Productive. Good vibes all around, I'm told. #nyj
Expand
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:34 PM) offesnife!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:34 PM) tehhhh
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:54 PM) yay more typing jokes. how original. you should see this thing called the internet
santana Icon : (Today, 08:14 PM) So you ever go on that there Internet? Lotta cool stuff on that Internet
santana Icon : (Today, 08:24 PM)

Ian Rapoport
Chris Johnson’s visit with #Jets today went well, from what it sounded like. It’s over now. Nothing final yet, other teams still circling
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 PM) I think he's just stating the obvious but whatever it's an update
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Make A Statement This Game!

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

I want the Jets to make a statement! SHUT DOWN THE RUN GAME! If we can come out week 1 and show people that this is not the same weak defense that its been for the last few years, I will be happy. Its going to be hot in Miami, and these players better take out their frustration on those Dolphin fags. Kris Jenkins needs to control the middle, needs to be the beast and just dominate and set the tempo.
If we are going to be successful against the run, it starts with Jenkins, he needs to be a beast. I want to see him return to all pro form. Kenyon Coleman and Shaun Ellis will have to come out and get their jobs done too, and our LBs need to come out ready to play and just go crazy!
I am so pumped for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to beat the shit out of these *beep*y Dolphins, MAKE A STATEMENT!!!!!!!!! If we control the LOS we will win, the trenches is where this season begins and we need to make that statement from the beginning that we have the trenches to be a contender.
Almost everyone is picking the Dolphins to win, I guess because this is a game that the old Jets would lose, well eff that lets win this game!!!!!!!!!!! fish.gif
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Timebandit Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

I hate to say this 0099, but I don't see the defense stopping the run...like you I would LOVE for us to have a stalwart front line but I'm not going to hold my breath.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

Well we have the pieces to shut down a run game this year, no reason why we can't.... If our team struggles again on defense, I think Sutton is gone. We have a good group of DL and LBs, I am very confident in their abilities.
Like I said, this team needs to make a statement, even to us Jets fans, we have seen weak run defenses almost every year, except 04, that was the only year we had a strong run defense.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Timebandit Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:21 PM

I agree, if the defense does not produce Sutton will be gone, hopefully he can get the D excel.

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

Honestly I'm getting tired of people using the 'heat' as a factor. It's still summer in New York and they have been in hot,sticky humid conditions all training camp. Sure it's a little hotter there but their used to it. It's not like playing Miami in December.

Anyways. The Jets know that the Phins want to run and live off play action. This is why we got Kris Jenkins. Kris Jenkins,Calvin Pace and David Harris are going to have a stat feast this year.

Objective: stop the run make Chad will it by himself.

For offense: Run the ball. Coles is now healthy and Favre is going to be spitting laser beams all over the place.

#6 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Sep 5 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly I'm getting tired of people using the 'heat' as a factor. It's still summer in New York and they have been in hot,sticky humid conditions all training camp. Sure it's a little hotter there but their used to it. It's not like playing Miami in December.

Anyways. The Jets know that the Phins want to run and live off play action. This is why we got Kris Jenkins. Kris Jenkins,Calvin Pace and David Harris are going to have a stat feast this year.

Objective: stop the run make Chad will it by himself.

For offense: Run the ball. Coles is now healthy and Favre is going to be spitting laser beams all over the place.

If Farve stays healthy the receivers wont be healthy for long.They will either have deep bruises on their chests or broken fingers(from all the laser beams cool2.gif ).Their choice. fish.gif

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users