NYJetsFan.com Forums: K. C Aggressively Shopping Larry Johnson, Jets Have Interest - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

K. C Aggressively Shopping Larry Johnson, Jets Have Interest

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

http://kan.scout.com/2/800915.html

In other news, a league source tells Warpaint Illustrated.com that the New York Jets have shown some "lukewarm interest" in Larry Johnson, but his recent incident that was reported in the Kansas City Star this morning, where Johnson allegedly pushed a young woman in a bar incident, could impede any trade. However, the Chiefs are aggressively shopping Johnson.

Kansas City RB Larry Johnson to the N.Y. Jets for a second-round draft pick that could escalate into a No. 1 based on performance and the team's success

Why it works for Kansas City: Johnson, 28, already has an awful lot of wear and tear on his body and the Chiefs now have a lot invested in him financially. Here is a news flash: Kansas City is not going to win the Super Bowl this year or next season. So go with Jamaal Charles and Kolby Smith for the remainder of his season and maybe next year. Meanwhile, use the additional draft picks and cap space to revamp their roster in much the same way as Miami did when Bill Parcells arrived. Running back is the easiest position to plug in and it should be the last piece of their huge rebuilding project, not the first.

Why it works for New York: Thomas Jones is a good back, but I'm not sure he's a true No. 1 any more. Imagine adding Johnson to this mix with Jones and Leon Washington spelling him to keep him hungry and fresh. No team has taken more of a win-now approach to their roster and this could put the Jets over the top. Giving up a second-round pick that could turn into a first-rounder based on production and the Jets' success could make sense.

#2 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

impossible, how can we trade the same 1st round pick that isnt ours if we make the superbowl
ColesReturns87

#3 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

I dont know but aren't the saints in the same boat as far as a second round pick with vilma (if reaches every single one of his incentives) and shockey? I am sure there is a way around it. But since the deal line is over, there will be no LJ. Honestly though, despite the way he has been regarded by the media...I would of loved to have him as the running game is the only thing holding our offense back from being one of the top guns in the NFL. even though it is worlds away, I hope we go after a stud running back in free agency or draft a stud. I am sick of bum jones. The guy is a 1000-1000 running back who does everything ok but nothing great. I want a guy that has the potential to have a 200 yard game and rush for 1500-1600 yards.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#4 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:54 PM

i'm against it. the only way we'd be a win now team is if favre only plays this season. none of our starters are going to be gone next year. save the pick and get somebody in the draft.

#5 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:03 AM

I suggested this a few weeks ago and said we should go after him. Larry Johnson with washington is just nuts

#6 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

Where are they getting the cap room, and where are they getting the draft picks?
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:30 AM

Thats a quote from ESPN on what moves SHOULD be done, not what moves might happen. Anyways the Trade deadline passed, we aren't trading for Larry Johnson.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:32 AM

Herman Edwards has a track record of running RBs into the ground. I'm not sure LJ has that much left in the tank anymore after the last 3 seasons of god knows how many tackles. To me, he's kinda like Jamal Lewis now.

I agree that we need a star RB, just not sure that LJ is that kind of player anymore.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

We should be drafting a RB high next draft, a lot of JRs are going to be entering the draft early, as the NFL is going to put a rookie cap soon so they are going to try and get in when there isn't one so they can make crazy money. Thats what the word around the league is.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   titmouse Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Oct 15 2008, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are they getting the cap room, and where are they getting the draft picks?

Exactly. Glad we didnt get him

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

Yea.. the trade deadline has passed. closed!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users