NYJetsFan.com Forums: Weight Lifting, Body Buliding,supps And Nutrition Discussion - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weight Lifting, Body Buliding,supps And Nutrition Discussion

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

Well as some of you know I'm back at the gym. I'm 29 and used to workout for years in my late teen years to mid 20's. I've took a 3 to 4 year lay off from it but over the past several months I've been back at it.

I was reading some info over the internet http://www.building-...uscle-mass.html In case any of you have been ambitious about it or have been involved. Pretty good read.

One thing about lifting with me is that I have never taken my nutrition seriously until this go around. Sometimes it's hard for me to eat 6 small, high protein meals per day. So I've chopped up my schedule so it suits me. Now, I'm taking ISO-MASS (which is a meal supp, with muscle enhancers such as beta K and glutimine), it's got everthing in it. So this helps me miss 3 actual meals and interchange them with supps. For the 3 others I eat actual food. Usually eggs in the morning with fruit and veggies of some sort. Lunch (is where I get lazy) but I try for tuna and supper is usually, rice,meat and veggies. Trying to stick with this schedule is really tough but I've been hacking away at it.

I'm on a high explosive workout that does include some plyometrics. It's been working and I've been seeing really nice gains.

If anyone would like to share tips,add information or have any questions I'd be more then happy to help. I'm sure I'll have questions of my own.

Discuss?

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

well I'm going to share my current routine.

never been into weight lifting and getting massive or anything but lately ive been giving it a shot.

tues and thursdays - i skip dinner and run to the gym at about 10pm
well its not even a gym its a fitness center.

.8 miles one way to get there.
usually start off slow and ill work around the room doing the bench.. curls.. row deally. situps... shoulders
after the first go around
ill do .5 miles on an elliptical on alpine pass setting. i do this to get to my target of 2 miles including the running.
ill go around 2-3 times more switching some things up... instead doing an inclined bench... leg lifts so forth
run back home
protein shake it up... chill for a bit sometimes ill decide to walk my dog. then i eat dinner.

either on sat or sunday ill run 2 miles around where i live. .4 of it is a gruesome uphill.

I believe I'm probably doing too much cardio for my size/build. I have zero fat on me Ive got the typical soccer guy build. I really want to balance out my upper body so i might setup a pull up bar and do that on weekends.

www.mapmyrun.com is what i used to calc my distances. pretty sweet site.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

Where my fighters attttttttttttttttttt?

I just (as of last thursday) started boxing again and I have 6 weeks to make my weight with is a 15 lb bulk. Soooooo I'll divide it up into cycles, 3 weeks cardio/isometrics/intensive core, 3 weeks strength/bulk/ muscle density.

I have a hard time sticking to every detail of a routine but heres the jist of both cycles:

1st 3 weeks
-WORKOUT: 2.5 mile bike ride. I try to stay away from running in this cycle because my hips tend to flare up
-MEAL: 3 eggs scrambled, bacon and usually a juice.
-SNACK: Myoplex
-MEAL: Anything, usually high in carbs & protein
-SNACK: Energy bar, the snack machine at the gym is broken so I jiggle it for my weeks worth.
-WORKOUT:
<15 set on/off recumbent bike/elliptical. Yes, elliptical bitches. Good for your lower core, saved my groin from a few low blows.
<Then I do a 10 minute "ab rape," which is best described as me runnng in place between sets of sting rays, sit ups, and crunches.
<Light weight sets mostly lower body
<Then I do my own compilation of jumping exercises and footwork usually outside wth a cigarette in my mouth. Builds elastcity in my legs builds on my vert

and thats about the jist of it.

The next 3 weeks s bascally the same but twce as much cardo and core and hgh weight low rep.

Funny thing is my metabolism is so fast I don't have to mind anything I eat. I also convert enough ATP with all the protein intake (no homo) so I basically synethesize ATP as if I were on creatine.

Shitty thing is, now that I'm over 18 I have to take piss tests 4 times between now and fighting so my beloved diesel is not an option

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:58 AM

Heres what I do, and you guys will need to tell me if it seems like a good setup because I just started actually working out 2 months ago.

On Mon(because I have a lot of classes and dont want to sore myself from lifting), I run 3 miles.
On Tue Ill go to the gym, and thats usually the day I work on chest and Bicep
On Wend I'll work on Triceps and Shoulders
On Thursday I work on Legs and Back(?)
Friday I'll play a 5 set Tennis match to work on agility
and then I take off Saturday and Sunday

After I do my work for each of those days, I have a Whey protiene mix and then I have another later in the day.

So does that sound good? with my splits and such? I'm not used to actually working out i used to just run every day but i figured it'd help to add muscle...

#5 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

I've actually gotten back into working out now, but it's to drop pounds. I've always had the size and build, but I let the weight slip pretty badly over the last few years. I'm not obese, but I gotta get healthy.

I'm trying to get back down to about 215, maybe 220, and embarassingly, I've got about 40 pounds to shed to get there. It's of the essence, since my doctors have some concerns with my liver.

I've been doing light workouts, and altering my diet. I'm back on water only.. no sodas at all.. There's the occasional glass of OJ or apple juice. Everything in my house is sugar-free. I've been eating wheat bread again, baking chicken breasts, and I fall back into turkey and swiss sandwiches when I can't think of anything else. My doctor recommended the South Beach diet.

As far as workouts go, I have a bench in my second bedroom, a curling bar, and a couple of dumbbells.

I go for maybe 25 to 30 minutes a day. Since I'm going for stamina/endurance and not mass, I've been dealing with lighter weights. I'm benching three sets of 20 with 95 lbs. And then I do shoulder workouts, lifting two weights directly in front of me, then spreading my arms to the sides, and then military presses. That shit is a killer.

Anyhow, I know I've got to do more cardio to drop weight. I wanna see how things work out for me at home after a few weeks, and then probably pick up a gym membership to swim and run.

It's a totally new philosophy for me though. When I used to work out hard, it was for strength and muscle, so all of my instincts are to max out. I need to learn better ways to use the gym to my benefit.

I'm not looking to get a six-pack, get ripped, or rock a size 30 in jeans. Definitely not looking for any miraculous, "drop weight quick" schemes.

Just something efficient, simple, and do-able that will produce results while I develop my workout regimen.

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:10 PM

I here ya but if you are really on your diet seriously then you should lose weight pretty quick. If you really want to lose weight fast and can commit yourself to a total change in diet try this.

Try eating your suppers in the morning and your Breakfast's at supper time. See generally your suppers are FULL of carbs and all types of goodness. However, usually people eat around 5-6 and even 7 o'clock or later. The thing is that naturally our bodies are on a timer. After a full days work and huge dinner our bodies slow down (internally) as it begins to enter sleep mode. So by taking your most busy dinner which is supper, packed full of carbs, why not eat that as your 1st meal of the day. You'll be active with work and daily errands/daily excerisize to bun off the carbs. Then at night you eat breakfast such as oatmeal,cereals and eggs which are significantly lower in carbs and fat. SIGNIFICANLY. Your body can break those nutrients down easily.

Bro... my gym partner is a bigger guy. I'm about 205 he was 240. He did this for about 4 months and now he's my size thereabouts. This means you get your woman or you (whoever cooks your meals) to make your supper at night for the morning to eat. There is many benefits to this ayways.. because generally we don't have time to cook a big breakfast (which is your most important meal of the day anyways) this gives you a great start to your day because your breakfast/supper is already ready for you in the morning. You just nuke it and your off. Intaking your most heavy meal at the start of a long day. My buddy told me this and I never thought of this before but it's simply brilliant! and he lost weight rapidly doing this.

If your eating what you saying your eating daily, taking away the sugars. Working out 3 to 4 times a week and doing the routine I suggested. bro you'll drop so much weight it's not even funny. If your serious I think this is the best way to go.

Gym memberships are overrated. I have one and use it mine ALOT but their not for everyone. If you have space go buy yourself a cheap elipitcal and do 30 minutes a day on that thing. With the rest of your diet and you'll drop pounds like nothing.

#7 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

I'll give that a shot in the next few weeks. Prolly after I go food shopping again. Everything I bought was for light dinners, y'know? And my cooking expertise is minimal. I've lived alone for over two years now, and only know how to make chicken, steak, and mashed potatoes. My microwave is my BFF.

So far so good though. I've dropped a handful of pounds over the last week, so I'm at a steady pace. It might just be water weight though, and I think that accounts for about 15 pounds. It's what usually upsets people when they start dieting and working out. They drop 15 fast, and get disenchanted when everything else takes so long.

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Nov 4 2008, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll give that a shot in the next few weeks. Prolly after I go food shopping again. Everything I bought was for light dinners, y'know? And my cooking expertise is minimal. I've lived alone for over two years now, and only know how to make chicken, steak, and mashed potatoes. My microwave is my BFF.

So far so good though. I've dropped a handful of pounds over the last week, so I'm at a steady pace. It might just be water weight though, and I think that accounts for about 15 pounds. It's what usually upsets people when they start dieting and working out. They drop 15 fast, and get disenchanted when everything else takes so long.

May I also suggest a good cleanser. Typically we have about 2-5 pounds of waste from our liver and intesitnes that never finds a way out. This will not only help you drop a few quick pounds but it will make you feel way better. You'll have more energy and last but not least you'll be healthy.

If you interested I can give you somemore information but these are vital.

#9 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 4 2008, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May I also suggest a good cleanser. Typically we have about 2-5 pounds of waste from our liver and intesitnes that never finds a way out. This will not only help you drop a few quick pounds but it will make you feel way better. You'll have more energy and last but not least you'll be healthy.

If you interested I can give you somemore information but these are vital.

About to post something along those lines.

No offense intended but a big fella like yourself should probably start out with a good cleanse, shit I do it three times a year and i'm a sculpted form of Greek perfection. Good cheap ones you can get a Rite Aid/Duane Reade etc

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

None taken. I'm trying to get healthy, so whatever y'all recommend, I'm all ears.. or eyes.

The cleanse sounds like a good idea, especially since my liver is the area my doctor's concerned with. Let's get it poppin.

#11 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

Another thing, a good cardio exercise thats a little more involved than running/cycling and less homoerotic than mounting an elliptical... Punching. Go on craigslist and grab a cheap 30lb bag and just go to town on the thing

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Could one of the mods sticky this thread because I'm trying to get back in shape now too and I can see some of you guys have more experience at doing this.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

Could one of the mods sticky this thread because I'm trying to get back in shape now too and I can see some of you guys have more experience at doing this.

What are you trying to do? Lose weight? Gain weight? More muscle? Pick up men?

#14 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

anyone mess around with L-arginine amino acids?

its just a supplement you can buy over the counter by the fish oils. supposedly helps increase blood flow. my grandpaps has a redone hip and his leg would fall a sleep if he was just sitting for too long. so i bought a massive bottle of it and kept some for my self. you have to take a shit load every day for it to work. but it does seem to help. i usually run a 1/4 mile up a hill near my house and doing that previously would feel like my head was going to explode. i don't know if its the arginine but something is sure helping me go up that hill with less pain. supposedly the added circulation also has the side effect of making you pop boners.

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postsantana, on 29 March 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

anyone mess around with L-arginine amino acids?

its just a supplement you can buy over the counter by the fish oils. supposedly helps increase blood flow. my grandpaps has a redone hip and his leg would fall a sleep if he was just sitting for too long. so i bought a massive bottle of it and kept some for my self. you have to take a shit load every day for it to work. but it does seem to help. i usually run a 1/4 mile up a hill near my house and doing that previously would feel like my head was going to explode. i don't know if its the arginine but something is sure helping me go up that hill with less pain. supposedly the added circulation also has the side effect of making you pop boners.

I've never taken it but it's suppose to be good for your kidneys too. I'm think about getting some conjugated linoleic acid. I want something that's going to help me lose the fat just above my waist line. That's my primary concern right now.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 March 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

I've never taken it but it's suppose to be good for your kidneys too. I'm think about getting some conjugated linoleic acid. I want something that's going to help me lose the fat just above my waist line. That's my primary concern right now.

There's no such thing as spot reducing. If you want abs, you have to change your diet. Abs are made in the kitchen.

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 March 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

There's no such thing as spot reducing. If you want abs, you have to change your diet. Abs are made in the kitchen.

I don't want abs, I'm not trying to impress somebody.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#18 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 March 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

I don't want abs, I'm not trying to impress somebody.

From what I understand best way of losing your gut or dropping some inches around your core is to start running regularly.

You want to focus on jogging running and working up a sweat for 30-45 minutes a day or as often as possible
Mix in some calisthenics

and yeah more importantly like Shj said watch your diet. switching to multiple meals a day will help. Eating 4-5 small meals a day as opposed to 2-3 larger portions a day.
Ditch drinking soda and all condiments except for maybe mustard...this alone will get rid of lots of unneeded calories in your diet.

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Postsantana, on 29 March 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

From what I understand best way of losing your gut or dropping some inches around your core is to start running regularly.

You want to focus on jogging running and working up a sweat for 30-45 minutes a day or as often as possible
Mix in some calisthenics

and yeah more importantly like Shj said watch your diet. switching to multiple meals a day will help. Eating 4-5 small meals a day as opposed to 2-3 larger portions a day.
Ditch drinking soda and all condiments except for maybe mustard...this alone will get rid of lots of unneeded calories in your diet.

Well thank you. I started running and I bought a stationary bike earlier this month. I try to do about an hour a day. I try to watch my calories. I haven't had a regular soda in over a year I think. For the most part I do drink water. I do still drink orange juice every day though especially in the morning. I've never really liked coffee so I don't drink that. I've been eating turkey a lot this past year. That's the primary meat I eat now. I eat baked chicken probably once a week. I only eat beef on rare occasions now. The past few weeks I've been trying to switch over to fat free milk. I've eaten whole milk my whole life and I'm not a big fan of milk to begin with. I use the fat free milk when I cook now and make protein shakes with it.

I've been changing my diet gradually over the past year and a half. But only really started exercising on a regular basis just a few weeks ago. But I'm going to try to switch it to 4-5 small meals like you said. But that getting rid of condiments is going to be tough for me.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#20 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

Done deal...shit I'm glad you brought this back lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users