NYJetsFan.com Forums: Weight Lifting, Body Buliding,supps And Nutrition Discussion - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:03 PM) I heard it when the ball was already in the air
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) but it shouldn't of come down to that TO blunder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (Today, 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (Today, 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (Today, 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (Today, 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (Today, 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (Today, 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weight Lifting, Body Buliding,supps And Nutrition Discussion

#21 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Getting abs is hard. Burning belly fat is hard for sure.

These are thing you need to get abs.

- Cardio- lots of cardio
- diet
- ab/core training- Why? because muscle burns fat

There is a pretty cool diet trick you can do if your serious.

Eat supper in the morning and breakfast at night. The idea is breaky is your lightest meal and easier to digest and better for nighttime. Also understand this, often for dinner we eat meat (beef,chicken,steaks) Do you know it takes nearly 72 hours for certain meats to pass through our bodies? Also, by eating supper for breakfast you'll have the entire day to work it off. As opposed to going to bed a few hours after.

Tip trick- I have friends of mine that rub baby oil on their stomach and wrap their belly with plastic wrap when they run. The idea is to sweat out that particular area. Baby oil is pore clogger and plastic wrap makes that area sweat more. It does work.

ab training; I've never done a crunch in years. I use the pull up bar and bring my knees to my chest. I just hate crunches. I incorporate this with planks and various others. If interested in other type I'll share just ask.

Another tip: Wait until AFTER your supper at night to run. It will help burn off fat, it will also help your food pass plus help you sleep at night.

tip: If you eat salad with your supper eat it AFTER your meal. It's proven that eating spinach and left lettuce after a meal helps the food break down fast in the stomach. Easy digestion is key they having these things sit in your gut.

Also.. drink a cleansing tea (we all should do this anyways) because a lot of what we eat comes from a can or box, has starches and junk in it, stuff that just sits in our bodies. Being regular is key to getting abs. Also flushing toxins out the body which can help with mood.

#22 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 30 March 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

Well thank you. I started running and I bought a stationary bike earlier this month. I try to do about an hour a day. I try to watch my calories. I haven't had a regular soda in over a year I think. For the most part I do drink water. I do still drink orange juice every day though especially in the morning. I've never really liked coffee so I don't drink that. I've been eating turkey a lot this past year. That's the primary meat I eat now. I eat baked chicken probably once a week. I only eat beef on rare occasions now. The past few weeks I've been trying to switch over to fat free milk. I've eaten whole milk my whole life and I'm not a big fan of milk to begin with. I use the fat free milk when I cook now and make protein shakes with it.

I've been changing my diet gradually over the past year and a half. But only really started exercising on a regular basis just a few weeks ago. But I'm going to try to switch it to 4-5 small meals like you said. But that getting rid of condiments is going to be tough for me.

Running or cycling for an hour is too strenous and unsustainable. You'll do it for a week and then you'll never do it again. Insead, calculate your "cardio zone". It's your heart's BPM based on a formula that somehow determines the optimal number based on your height/weight/age. Do whatever you want to keep your heart rate in that range for 20 minutes non stop (it has to be non stop that's why stop and go sports like basketball won't really give you the best cardio results). Also, don't eat any carbs past 8PM (carbs break down into sugar and if you don't burn that sugar, your body stores as fat).

#23 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Thank you guys. This is all very helpful.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#24 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

How do you all do your reps?

I remember reading somewhere that if you are doing arms for the day ie curls. then you start at a lower weight and increase up so say your max curl is 50 you start at 30 and go up by 10 or 5 whatever till you max out.
i find this technique incredibly inconsistent. anyone else have any method or do you just go just under your max weight every rep.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#25 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

what would you guys suggest to a diabetic? diet wise carbs are terrible for me as my body cant process them properly. I want to start working out again and im now in my mid 30's. I was never really a weight lifter, more of a bball player who did alot of running, push ups n situps.

#26 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 11 April 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

what would you guys suggest to a diabetic? diet wise carbs are terrible for me as my body cant process them properly. I want to start working out again and im now in my mid 30's. I was never really a weight lifter, more of a bball player who did alot of running, push ups n situps.

not really sure if any of us would be really qualified to answer that.

you might want to look into a soy based protein i googled real quick and found that some type 2 diabetes stick with the soy based products. I guess it depends what you are trying to accomplish.

#27 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

my uncle set me up with this nutritionist/holistic doctor that he sees...dude gave me Phyto Greens capsules and UNDA Numbered Compounds #1 #20 and #243...anyone know anything about this stuff?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 02 June 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

my uncle set me up with this nutritionist/holistic doctor that he sees...dude gave me Phyto Greens capsules and UNDA Numbered Compounds #1 #20 and #243...anyone know anything about this stuff?

no idea

#29 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

So....I just saw this thread, figured I could learn something. Heres my story.

I was a skinny kid, high metabolism, joined the Army straight out of HS, and served for 14 years. My heaviest I weighed during my service was 200, and that was after my injury. That was in 2006, when my life changed forever. I got injured, basically shattered my left leg, had a ruptured Achilles, torn labrum in my right shoulder. Subsequent surgeries and here we are, I am now short and fat. I am in bad shape, this past January, I went to the doc and when I weighed in I was 300 lbs. That was the last straw for me. I am 5ft 9in, and weigh 300 f***ing pounds, what a fat ass f***. So, I decided I gotta change.

I was talked into herbalife, and that is really just expensive and really a pain in the ass, I did that for 2 months and lost almost nothing. I was also going to the gym, starting off light, but better then nothing. I am limited due to my injuries, but getting better.

March, I went to GNC and started taking thier Lean Shake. I replace breakfast and lunch with this. For me it works, because I dont feel the need to stuff my face, and it is cheaper and tastes better then Herbalife. I have continued the gym, I am at 3-5 days a week, working cardio and weights.

June 1, I am now 280 lbs, and I have lost like 4-5 inches of my belly, and I actually dont hurt (knees) as much as I used to. 6 days a week at the gym, eating a healthier dinner and starting to track and make actual goals.

Basically here is my work out:
Chest/Tricepts (light weight/high reps)
Cardio 20-35 Mins of Elipticle
Back/Bicepts
Cardio 20-35 Mins
Shoulders
OFF DAY
Repeat

My goal is 5-10 lbs a month, and I want to get to 220, and then will reset my goals.

Sorry for the long post....Let the harrasment begin!

#30 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hey man thats awesome progress

You have to keep it up. That is the most challenging aspect of working out for either weight loss or muscle gain.
You have the right attitude. Setting goals and challenging your self to reach them is the key.

this video here is impressive

there is really no excuse anymore to not try to reach your goals

#31 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

I found this a few months ago on Yahoo.

5 Foods to Reduce Belly Fat

If you are overweight then you must give a lot of attention to your nutrition. A bad diet can ruin the benefits of a good workout. So even if you regularly go to gym to get those perfect abs and reduce your belly fat, you must give proper attention to your diet. Always remember that food gives us the energy to carry on with our day to day activities so if you eat unhealthy food, you cannot expect to remain fit. To give you a headstart to a healthy diet, here are 5 foods that reduce belly fat:

1) Olive Oil - Olive oil is one of the wonder foods given to us by the nature. Did you ever notice how the Mediterranean people are so fit and healthy? Well the answer lies in the use of olive oil in their daily diet. Make no mistake, olive oil contains fat as well, but it is exactly the kind of fat that our body needs. You cannot expect to remove fat completely from your diet. If you do, you won't have energy to carry on your day to day activities. So you must concentrate on eating good fats and avoid bad ones. Olive oil contains good fats. It is also rich in antioxidants that will keep you fit and reduce the effects of aging.

2) Salmon - Salmon is a huge source of protein and omega 3 fatty acid. Omega 3 fatty acid is a very healthy type of fat that helps in toning the muscles and get that flat tummy. So if you work out regularly then you must have salmon to tone your muscles and reduce your belly fat,

3) Tomatoes - Tomato is a must-have vegetable that you must include in your daily diet. It is full of good nutrients that can help you have a healthy body. Sample this, tomatoes are an excellent source of iron and potassium plus they are also rich in Vitamin A and C. Apart from this, tomatoes contain a large amount of antioxidants. So if you are looking for a healthy body, you must not forget to include tomatoes in your daily diet.

4) Eggs - Eggs are healthy as they are full of proteins. This is the reason why they are so popular with people who work out regularly. But there is another benefit of having eggs. Eggs help you to control your hunger as they make you feel full. So if you yearn for a flat tummy, do not forget to include eggs in your diet.

5) Grapefruit - Grapefruit is rich in Vitamin C which is great for body. Grapefruit also slows down the digestion process which makes you feel full and helps you to reduce belly fat.

If you add the above items to your daily diet, you are sure to reduce your belly flat and get a flat tummy in no time.

Also Dubb mentioned this but tea is also something we should drink more of. After Dubb said that I started drinking more green tea and I've noticed it is true what people say about it. It's suppose to suppress your appetite and I've noticed on the days I drink a cup of green tea with my breakfast I'm really not hungry again until dinner time. On the days I don't drink green tea with breakfast I am hungry hours before dinner (I don't really eat lunch).

Another thing I stopped doing a while ago was I don't eat out anymore. I haven't eaten food that hasn't been cooked in my home in months. This way I can control how my food is cooked and I have a better idea of what I'm eating.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#32 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

View Postsantana, on 06 June 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Hey man thats awesome progress

You have to keep it up. That is the most challenging aspect of working out for either weight loss or muscle gain.
You have the right attitude. Setting goals and challenging your self to reach them is the key.

this video here is impressive

there is really no excuse anymore to not try to reach your goals

That's just insane.

#33 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

The video was really touching. I definately have nothing on that guy! I am assuming he did that weight loss on yoga and diet?

#34 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

So...I have fallen off the bandwaggon. Missed a few days...then a week...then 2 weeks and now a month...I cannot believe how easy it is to quit...I am completely disgusted in myself....I am such a lazy fatass....just face it.

#35 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostJSOTF, on 26 July 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

So...I have fallen off the bandwaggon. Missed a few days...then a week...then 2 weeks and now a month...I cannot believe how easy it is to quit...I am completely disgusted in myself....I am such a lazy fatass....just face it.

Don't feel too bad because I fell off for a while back in May and June. It's much easier for me to stick to my diet and eat right than it is to come up with the motivation to work out. Like I could be doing it right now and I'm not. But you are exactly right it's surprising how missing a few days can easily turn into missing a few weeks. "I'll do it tomorrow," "I'll do it this weekend," "I'll do it starting on Monday." I have so much respect for those who make it into a lifestyle.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#36 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

I was renovating my new apartment and my lifestyle went to shit. Went from eating 5 healthy meals a day to two today... both take out. I just connected my stove today, first time since May that I have had a stove. Going to go food shopping tomorrow. Going to eat right for a week, then get back into the gym. I weighted 193lbs in the winter. I'm probably around 180lbs again.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users