NYJetsFan.com Forums: Barack Obama Wins!!!!! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (30 October 2014 - 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (30 October 2014 - 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 October 2014 - 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) The next GM we hire, I'm going to say I dislike him and that he should be fired once hes hired so that when hes eventually fired I am right. Because no one will succeed with the Jets, the probability of predicting failure with this team is as likely as the sun rising the next day.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:57 PM) yeah but izdik always rubbed me the wrong way, i never said ti about any other GM so quick. i could tell the guy was inept. call it intuition, a lucky guess etc etc either way i called this shit and i was right quickly. not 10 years down the road
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:51 PM) lol
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:08 PM) JAMEIS WINSTON TO THE JETS
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:10 PM) The best big game quarterback I've ever seen.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:39 PM) Who is this guy?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) For Halloween im going to he a New York Jets Quarterback. Not only am I hard to look at I also suck the life out of fans!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) be*
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) What did you dress up as for Halloween santana? A High 5ing circus clown who calls himself a moderator?
Resize Shouts Area

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Barack Obama Wins!!!!! History is made

#41 User is offline   brwct8 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

Wow. I'm so happy he won. Now I will quit my job and wait for my free handout. beach.gif My kids will be better off now? WTF.gif
Makes total sense to me.

#42 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

After reading this post, I'm starting to feel that I should have stayed up till 4 in the morning last night my time to watch the result with all the Americans students (and there's a lot!) in my halls. After the past couple of weeks when it became obvious Obama was going to win, I kind of took it for granted and didn't realise the huge significance that having him in charge of the US would mean.
When I turned on the TV this morning and saw the shots of Jesse Jackson crying, I must admit a shiver did go down my spine.
Now, I am a bit sceptical of Obama; a few months ago if I had the chance to vote, I would have plummed for McCain, but in the past few weeks Obama has come across to me as the right choice. Again, his constant promises of change do come across as slightly reduntant to me, but that's likely down to my inherent British cynicism.
However, I think his optimistic political stance will certainly help, rather than the pessimistic policies (especially when foreign policy is concerned) with Bush, which only isolated and undermined him. For instance, Obama's pledge to negotiate directly with nations viewed by Bush as enemies such as Iran will only help because Ahmadejinad will be less inclined to adopt a harsh stance against America if he is being welcomed in the international fold. Compromising with tyrants has in the past not worked - see Hitler, Adolf and the British policy of appeasement - but Obama seems to have the intellect to know what is needed.

I'm proud of America, and look forward to seeing how Obama deals with the challenges (and there are multiples ones, some caused by Bush (foreign policy wise), some not (aspects of the economic situation) that await him.

#43 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Nov 5 2008, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised that much went for Obama in Texas, doesn't Obama want to take away firearms from people? That must be why people are saying they are buying as much firearms as possible and ammo now that Obama became President.

Well Austin, a metro population of about 2 million, and El Paso, a metro population of about 1 million, are both pretty liberal. Austin is referred to as the Peoples Republic of Austin. And shit we almost elected a jewish-folk singer/comedian named Kinky as governor

Probably would have turned out bad... BAD ASS

QUOTE (brwct8 @ Nov 5 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. I'm so happy he won. Now I will quit my job and wait for my free handout. beach.gif My kids will be better off now? WTF.gif
Makes total sense to me.

Seriously, as a former staunch conservative I urge all you GOPers to take this failure LOSS with dignity. Yes I know you turned one of the greatest senators of the 50 years into a bumbling old man overshadowed by a glorified back ad of a redneck woman... BUT C'MON, don't piss yourself

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#44 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Nov 5 2008, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, I see all these posts about how great Obama is, comparing him to JFK! I gotta say, what did this guy do to make you feel so strong about out president? this guy has almost no time as a politition and you have him on such a high pedestal. I dont see it, but it seems like I am the only one here that doesnt see it.

I dont see it either.. To be honest with you all, This election came down to this... Vote for McCain if you liked the past 8 years or vote for Obama if you feel like its time for a change.

I didnt vote because I didnt know who to vote for.. Both come with the good and the bad.

McCain- Has the experience and is most ready to take over president. But reminds me and so many others of a Bush clone. Also, if anything ever happended to him, could any of you really trust Palin as our president.. I sure as hell couldnt.

Obama- I like the guy, I like that he wants to bring change because quite frankly.. This country needs it. But, I dont think he is ready to take over president of the united states. He doesnt have enough experience. I feel hes way over his head. promising things I dont think he can do. Atleast not right away. A lot of issues are going to take a few years to get done, do we as the citizens have the patients to wait for things to get better. I feel shit is going to get crazy, and get crazy fast. I dont feel hes ready and I think other countries could feel the same way and try and take advantage of this opportunity. blowup.gif

Dont get me wrong, Im happy Obama is president. We need change. And I wish him the best of luck and prey everything is going to turn out alright.

I was told this joke today: " What does JFK and Obama have in common?? Nothing yet "

#45 User is offline   brwct8 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Nov 5 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Austin, a metro population of about 2 million, and El Paso, a metro population of about 1 million, are both pretty liberal. Austin is referred to as the Peoples Republic of Austin. And shit we almost elected a jewish-folk singer/comedian named Kinky as governor

Probably would have turned out bad... BAD ASS
Seriously, as a former staunch conservative I urge all you GOPers to take this failure LOSS with dignity. Yes I know you turned one of the greatest senators of the 50 years into a bumbling old man overshadowed by a glorified back ad of a redneck woman... BUT C'MON, don't piss yourself

Jeez, I didn't know that I, did all that. Please, spare me. You dont have a clue about conservatives. Like most libs its just a dirty word. My taxes wont go up, but others. hehe. Good luck to all of you so called rich... nuff said.
Back to the JETS

#46 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (CJBallar01 @ Nov 5 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont see it either.. To be honest with you all, This election came down to this... Vote for McCain if you liked the past 8 years or vote for Obama if you feel like its time for a change.

I didnt vote because I didnt know who to vote for.. Both come with the good and the bad.

McCain- Has the experience and is most ready to take over president. But reminds me and so many others of a Bush clone. Also, if anything ever happended to him, could any of you really trust Palin as our president.. I sure as hell couldnt.

Obama- I like the guy, I like that he wants to bring change because quite frankly.. This country needs it. But, I dont think he is ready to take over president of the united states. He doesnt have enough experience. I feel hes way over his head. promising things I dont think he can do. Atleast not right away. A lot of issues are going to take a few years to get done, do we as the citizens have the patients to wait for things to get better. I feel shit is going to get crazy, and get crazy fast. I dont feel hes ready and I think other countries could feel the same way and try and take advantage of this opportunity. blowup.gif

Dont get me wrong, Im happy Obama is president. We need change. And I wish him the best of luck and prey everything is going to turn out alright.

I was told this joke today: " What does JFK and Obama have in common?? Nothing yet "

I think that my opinion is extremely biased because of my background. However, I will not compare Obama with any GREAT LEADER. What has this guy done to earn such GREAT ackolades (SP)? I understand that Americans want a change, our country has been going down for a long time now. I feel the pain as much as anyone of you as far as the major issues of this campaign. But this guy that has less then 200 days in office is going to bring that change? This guy that has less then 200 days in office is the next JFK or MLK JR......that is like calling Eric Ainge the next Brett Favre or Joe Namath.....hehehe

So, I now ask this.....What is Obama going to do for our country? HOW is HE going to get us out of this recesion/depresion, what is he going to do to fix our foreign policies in Iraq and other currnet countries that we are not friendly with. What is he going to do to make our country GREAT again?

#47 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Nov 5 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that my opinion is extremely biased because of my background. However, I will not compare Obama with any GREAT LEADER. What has this guy done to earn such GREAT ackolades (SP)? I understand that Americans want a change, our country has been going down for a long time now. I feel the pain as much as anyone of you as far as the major issues of this campaign. But this guy that has less then 200 days in office is going to bring that change? This guy that has less then 200 days in office is the next JFK or MLK JR......that is like calling Eric Ainge the next Brett Favre or Joe Namath.....hehehe

So, I now ask this.....What is Obama going to do for our country? HOW is HE going to get us out of this recesion/depresion, what is he going to do to fix our foreign policies in Iraq and other currnet countries that we are not friendly with. What is he going to do to make our country GREAT again?

Thats the thing.. NOBODY knows. Everyone voted for him because he PROMISED CHANGE. He talked about change. he knew that thats what we citizens all wanted. But we all didnt think about HOW he was going to bring change. He has hardly any experience, he has no clue what to do. But ill say it again, I wish him the best of luck. I hope he pulls it off.

#48 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:59 PM

you guys know that who he surrounds him self with is even more important then really what he him self plans on doing. i don't doubt he lacks knowledge education and know how to execute his job. the key is his advisers and how they will carry out this transition to power. its unfair to compare him to anyone at this point. hes still very fresh.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#49 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

What did everyone think about Obamas speech last night?

I thought it was very good.

#50 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

both candidates had no idea as to what they were going to do to change this country if elected...
neither had the experience because neither have EVER been president before

Obama promised change so he has 4 years now to make progress
if he doesnt
youll elect a new president and it will be over with
this bullshit that he has no experience and is gonna ruin the country is exactly that...bullshit
no one has experience in leading an entire free nation until they are elected to do so
so lets see what hes got, its not like he can seriously bury the country any further into the ground than it already is

IPB Image

#51 User is offline   Celtic Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

I am glad Obama won. Not that I know anything about American politics, I always think its a good thing when barriers are broken down. We were also speaking about this in work today and most people were saying how long will it be before there is an attempt on his life.

Hope this never happens

#52 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

I don't expect everyone to see it my way or an Obama supporters way. Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion and thats fine. Obama is a breath of fresh air for America. If you were watching CNN you could see the difference of what types of supporters were backing their candidate. When McCain made his farewell speech you could see it in the crowd. Tons of old white people. If you looked at Obamas crowd the majority of it was heavily muticultural and more importantly YOUNG! It the younger people who make any country. Their the future of this country and quite frankly this nation has been doing down the sh*tter.

He will not only make America better but he will make the way others nations view us.

And yes my children will be better off now that he is president (me being Afrian American)

#53 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Celtic @ Nov 5 2008, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am glad Obama won. Not that I know anything about American politics, I always think its a good thing when barriers are broken down. We were also speaking about this in work today and most people were saying how long will it be before there is an attempt on his life.

Hope this never happens

All the great ones died. I hope people can get rid of their hatred for skin color and move on. Let the man work! The one time when this country was on the right path with JFK they killed him. Makes no sense. Like ok, lets kill one of the best things to happen to America. No wonder why we are in the state were in.

#54 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Nov 5 2008, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised that much went for Obama in Texas, doesn't Obama want to take away firearms from people? That must be why people are saying they are buying as much firearms as possible and ammo now that Obama became President.

The growing Hispanic population is why Obama did that well in Texas, plus Bush wasn't on the ticket this time. I wouldn't be surprised 10 or 15 (maybe less) years from now their is a Mexican-American Governor or Senator from Texas.

And NO Obama is not going to take away people's guns that's just people believing that Republican b.s. they sell every election year when they say "Democrats will take away your guns." But I hope that Obama and congress pushes to bring back the Federal Assault Weapons Ban that Bush let expire. There is no reason an average person needs or should want an assault weapon. We don't need an AK-47 or an Uzi to go hunt deer or to protect yourself. A regular rifle is enough to kill a deer, a regular revolver is enough to protect ourselves if we feel we need to. We don't need semi-automatic weapons in our streets killing cops and victims of gang violence. Or even worse some kid going into Daddy's or Mommy's closet and gets his or her hands on their gun and plays with it (even after being told not to) and the result ends in tragedy.

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Nov 5 2008, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, I see all these posts about how great Obama is, comparing him to JFK! I gotta say, what did this guy do to make you feel so strong about out president? this guy has almost no time as a politition and you have him on such a high pedestal. I dont see it, but it seems like I am the only one here that doesnt see it.

Nobody is really saying Barack Obama is great. We are saying what he has done is great. You can dislike him all you want but there is no denying what he has already done is historic and that is GREAT for America. JFK made history because he was the first Catholic President. People thought JFK would only focus on Catholics and be controlled by the Pope. Just like now when some people think Obama will focus only on black people and be controlled by I don't know Jesse Jackson or Ludacris or somebody. Did JFK focus only on Catholics? Was he controlled by the Pope? JFK also inspired a new generation (the baby boomers at the time) to get involved and do something FOR their country. Obama is doing the same and so far has been successful. Those are the reason's he's being compared to John Kennedy. They both were a break from tradition (JFK with religion and Obama with race) and they both are the first Presidents of a new generation (JFK the first President born in the 20th century and Obama the first President born in the last half of the 20th century).

You may see him as just another politician, we see him as the start of a new generation. Like JFK said on first day as President "The torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans."

QUOTE (Maynard13 @ Nov 5 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got to say, I dont spend much time in politics, I follow em, but dont throw my 2 cents out because to me, were all Jets fans and I dont want to mix feelings with anyone, but I must say, some people need to shut the f*** up. Its really no one on this site, or actually, its no one in this thread, but Im saying this to people around the Country and about people here at my school. Everyone needs to stop bitching, because no one is going to go to Canada and all saying that shows is that you really don't love the country enough to have a leader you don't like(And this isn't directed at JSOTF, I get you were jokin, this is to people that I know that are actually serious about it). I mean, both candidates have the same main goal, fix this country and weather you were for Obama or McCain, you must be able to see this country is on a downward spiral to another Depression. And to add to it, its hard to fund a war that half your contries against when your heading twards a depression, but no, people just want to put on their blinders, grab a beer and watch it crash.
A lot of the kids here[at school] started posting videos of Iraq Veterans talking against Obama and about why the war is good and how even though they didn't find WMD their still helping to incease the way of life for Iraqies, and I dont mean to be blunt but I know a vast majority of McCain supporters I know could give 2 shits about Iraqies. Now I got nothing but love for those fighting, nothing but love, my great grandfather, my grandfather, my uncles, and a lot of other family members of mine have served this country and if McCain was elected and instilled a draft, I'd serve with a smile on my face, but it is a lie for some of these people to say they support the war because they want to increase the living conditions of the Iraqi people, because I know its not worth it to them for American soldiers to die to increase the Iraqi way of life and when people say that to me, I just think they have no reasons to support their supports. Then a lot of people are saying Barack won because he won the minority vote, come on people, real life isn't like an episode of Dave Chappelle! Of course some people voted for him because he was black, but I can garuntee, like HHF showed, more people voted against him because he was black. We all know it hurt him more than it helped him. Hell, someone came to me today and said 'I hope your happy....now the National Anthem is going to be a rap song.' Now what did that tell me, did race play a roll in how they voted?

Obamas president, let me reiterate, Barack Obama is the next President of these United States of America, Love the idea of it. Don't think of what you can do to change it because no one can, we all need to band together to fix the country. After the Great Depression and WWII ended, this country was at one of its peaks in terms of way of life, baby boomers were startin up and the country was on and upward trend, lets get back to that state of America.

clapping.gif
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#55 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

Al Queda is a data base of fighters/ assests compiled by the CIA.
if you we unhappy with the bush admin you should have impeached him.but you can't.
I expect pres.elect to round up all the treasons members of every agency in our country and put them in the us concentration camps that have been quietly been built all over the US.
and by executive order remove the federal reserve system once and for all .
kick out the United Nations from out of our fake constituiton along with the IRS
tear don't the New World Order . remove all the idols placed all over America and put GOD back in our hearts.
stop supporting the zion elders of ISREAL .
Rather than get upset with my statements I suggest you research for your self .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#56 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Nov 5 2008, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are YOU going to do for our country? How are YOU going to get us out of this recession/depression? What are YOU going to do to fix our foreign policies with unfriendly nations? What are YOU going to do to make OUR country GREAT again?

That's the thing for too long we've waited for a Superman to come and save us. We've been waiting for another JFK or RFK or MLK for over 40 years now. There hasn't been any inspirational leaders like that in over 40 years. We have to stop waiting for somebody to come save us and get off our asses and stop being so self-involved and save ourselves (which is what JFK, RFK, and MLK tried to get people to do). We need to put more of OUR focus on OUR country. We have to stop being so complacent and get involved with service in our community. THAT's what Obama is trying to get people to do. Stop waiting for Superman to come and save us and put the "S" on your own chest. If you saw a bag full of garbage in the middle of your living room are you going to let it sit there waiting for somebody else to come get rid of it OR are you going to grab it, pick it up, and take it outside to the garbage can yourself?

Obama can not and should not try to fix everything in 200 days. That's why they give Presidents 4 years not 200 days. Our economic and international problems were not created overnight and will not be fixed overnight. Anybody who thinks our current problems will be fixed in Obama's first 200 days or even his first 2 years are in for a rude awakening. What I believe President Obama should try to do and will try to do is set down the ground work for our recovery at home and overseas. He well help lay down the foundation but it will be up to us to help re-build this nation. Again like JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." It's time WE did something for our country again. That could have happened after 9/11 but Bush told us to go shopping instead.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#57 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 5 2008, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the great ones died. I hope people can get rid of their hatred for skin color and move on. Let the man work! The one time when this country was on the right path with JFK they killed him. Makes no sense. Like ok, lets kill one of the best things to happen to America. No wonder why we are in the state were in.

Dubb, there are just some assh*les that don't want things to get better. They want the status-quo. We've seen that during this campaign with the likes of Rush Limbaugh. They scare people into believing we're electing Saddam Hussein as the next president instead of a man who holds within him the core values of what America was founded on. The name REPUBLICAN may be used by a lot of our politicians but like I tell my father all of the time, this is not your grandfathers Republicans. If Lincoln was alive today I have no doubt he would've pulled the ballot for Obama. B/c Lincoln also saw the greatness in America and demanded that we all share responsibility in making our Country a better place for EVERYONE to live in. Not just white people, not just the rich and not just the Republicans. Lincoln knew the majority of citizens needed and wanted change and that's the principle idea that he ran his campaign on. There is no coincidence to why Obama uses a lot of Lincolns fundamental ideas in his own speeches and policies.
“We know we’re better than you, we don’t give a f*ck if you know it or not, we don’t give a sh*t if you give us your best game, we’re gonna give you our best game and we’re gonna beat the f*ck outta ya. How’s that?”

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

#58 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Nov 5 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The growing Hispanic population is why Obama did that well in Texas, plus Bush wasn't on the ticket this time. I wouldn't be surprised 10 or 15 (maybe less) years from now their is a Mexican-American Governor or Senator from Texas.

And NO Obama is not going to take away people's guns that's just people believing that Republican b.s. they sell every election year when they say "Democrats will take away your guns." But I hope that Obama and congress pushes to bring back the Federal Assault Weapons Ban that Bush let expire. There is no reason an average person needs or should want an assault weapon. We don't need an AK-47 or an Uzi to go hunt deer or to protect yourself. A regular rifle is enough to kill a deer, a regular revolver is enough to protect ourselves if we feel we need to. We don't need semi-automatic weapons in our streets killing cops and victims of gang violence. Or even worse some kid going into Daddy's or Mommy's closet and gets his or her hands on their gun and plays with it (even after being told not to) and the result ends in tragedy.

I got a shit load of guns, well my Dad does. crazy.gif He has all types of World War 2 guns, like a German Sniper rifle, a Japanse Rifle, German Luger. A Hell of a lot of Pistols, like maybe 20 different types of pistols. Then got a bunch of hunting rifles. As long as they can't take those away I am happy, because those are cool to have. biggrin.gif'

I agree though that nobody should be having a assault rifle with them. All that kind of shit should be illegal to own, if it isn't already. Thats a bit extreme to be able to own one of those.
Posted Image

#59 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Nov 5 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody is really saying Barack Obama is great. We are saying what he has done is great. You can dislike him all you want but there is no denying what he has already done is historic and that is GREAT for America. JFK made history because he was the first Catholic President. People thought JFK would only focus on Catholics and be controlled by the Pope. Just like now when some people think Obama will focus only on black people and be controlled by I don't know Jesse Jackson or Ludacris or somebody. Did JFK focus only on Catholics? Was he controlled by the Pope? JFK also inspired a new generation (the baby boomers at the time) to get involved and do something FOR their country. Obama is doing the same and so far has been successful. Those are the reason's he's being compared to John Kennedy. They both were a break from tradition (JFK with religion and Obama with race) and they both are the first Presidents of a new generation (JFK the first President born in the 20th century and Obama the first President born in the last half of the 20th century).

You may see him as just another politician, we see him as the start of a new generation. Like JFK said on first day as President "The torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans."
:thumbsup:

Well, actually, there is alot of comparison of B. Obama to JFK or MLK JR. I believe that these two individuals were GREAT Leaders. That was why I used that word. Yes, what he has done IS Historic, and amazing. I do not have a problem with his skin color, I dont think he will hire Jackson or Ludakris to his cabinet. What I dont like, is , the fact that he was a member of a racist church for a good part of his adult life.....and only left when there was enough political pressure for him to distance himself from that organization. I have a problem with him because he has no love for our men and women in uniform, and that he has little to no experience being a leader.....So....I hope, for our countries sake, that this guy can be the start of this "New Generation", and bring this economy and country out of the shitter and back to the best in the world.

#60 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (gmany3k @ Nov 5 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Al Queda is a data base of fighters/ assests compiled by the CIA.
if you we unhappy with the bush admin you should have impeached him.but you can't.
I expect pres.elect to round up all the treasons members of every agency in our country and put them in the us concentration camps that have been quietly been built all over the US.
and by executive order remove the federal reserve system once and for all .
kick out the United Nations from out of our fake constituiton along with the IRS
tear don't the New World Order . remove all the idols placed all over America and put GOD back in our hearts.
stop supporting the zion elders of ISREAL .
Rather than get upset with my statements I suggest you research for your self .

I expect President Obama to take the Concentration Camp that Pres. Bush set up in Cuba and to shut that down within the first month of his presidency. You can take that to the bank. I love how Republicans talk about Obama shitting on the Constitution, meanwhile, Pres. Bush has taken that same constitution over the past 8 years and wiped his ass with it. It's amazing the amount of partisan bullsh*t theories that we hear coming from the mouths of people who aren't angry that a Democrat got elected, we all know the real reason and it isn't b/c he's half white. I hope Obama makes a stand and finally signs a bill that will get RELIGION out of Government policies. I'm tired of a Religion that I believe in, Christianity, trying to govern from the pulpit. They have no right to our Government. You know what other country let Religion into politics, Germany. Led by Hitler. There is no place for that in a FREE society.
“We know we’re better than you, we don’t give a f*ck if you know it or not, we don’t give a sh*t if you give us your best game, we’re gonna give you our best game and we’re gonna beat the f*ck outta ya. How’s that?”

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users