NYJetsFan.com Forums: Pats Vs. Fish - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Pats Vs. Fish

#1 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:41 AM

Who would you rather win this matchup.
Looking at the standings it would be better for us to have the Pats win at this point.Especially with a tough game for us like Tennessee.
If the Fish won they would have the same divison and conference record as us.
I know we have their number and all but being we still have to play them as tight as our division is you all know how divison games can go Id like as much leeway as possible just in case

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (ROBJETS @ Nov 18 2008, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who would you rather win this matchup.
Looking at the standings it would be better for us to have the Pats win at this point.Especially with a tough game for us like Tennessee.
If the Fish won the would have the same divison and conference record as us.
I know we have their number and all but being we still have to play them as tight as our division is you all know how divison games can go Id like as much leeway as possible just in case

Man I'm telling you God himself couldn't write a book like this. 6 games left in the season Favre (the gotham gunslinger) traded for Chad (dead weight)Pennington at the beginning of the year and the last game of the year is Jets Vs Fins. I think at the end of the day it will be Jets and patriots. The fish have an easy sched. We just have to keep winning and Tennessee will be the next victim on the hitlist.

However I here you on this. I would prefer Miami to win it because the Bills just lost. You can count on the Pats winning some games. Take out the Pats as much as possible. As long as we keep winning I don't care what happends but I would like to see the Pats and Miami lose. If I had it my way I'd choose Miami to win this week with hope they take a few tough losses. It's so tight right now and the Bills just sealed their fate tonight with a loss to Cleveland. So it's a 3 way go in the AFC right now. The Pats are right there and dangerous. I'd like Miami to win because I'd rather have a close game with the Phins in week 16 to decide it if need be. I just think our team is so stacked right now.

O line, D line, special teams are all winning. Games are truly won in the trenches and we now have that. Let the phins keep winning and that Pats keep losing.

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 18 2008, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man I'm telling you God himself couldn't write a book like this. 6 games left in the season Favre (the gotham gunslinger) traded for Chad (dead weight)Pennington at the beginning of the year and the last game of the year is Jets Vs Fins. I think at the end of the day it will be Jets and patriots. The fish have an easy sched. We just have to keep winning and Tennessee will be the next victim on the hitlist.

However I here you on this. I would prefer Miami to win it because the Bills just lost. You can count on the Pats winning some games. Take out the Pats as much as possible. As long as we keep winning I don't care what happends but I would like to see the Pats and Miami lose. If I had it my way I'd choose Miami to win this week with hope they take a few tough losses. It's so tight right now and the Bills just sealed their fate tonight with a loss to Cleveland. So it's a 3 way go in the AFC right now. The Pats are right there and dangerous. I'd like Miami to win because I'd rather have a close game with the Phins in week 16 to decide it if need be. I just think our team is so stacked right now.

O line, D line, special teams are all winning. Games are truly won in the trenches and we now have that. Let the phins keep winning and that Pats keep losing.

iagree.gif The Fins only just sneaked past the Raiders, which suggests they could very well slip up down the stretch against a middle of the road side. The Pats are the stronger side so therefore likelier to win more down the stretch, so a Fins win this weekend would certainly help.

#4 User is offline   mangold107 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:35 AM

This is easy, I hate NE so much I always want them to lose. Plus we have win against the fish and if we beat them at home then we have the first tie breaker. We do not have that with NE.

So for this week GO FISH!!!

#5 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Nov 18 2008, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iagree.gif The Fins only just sneaked past the Raiders, which suggests they could very well slip up down the stretch against a middle of the road side. The Pats are the stronger side so therefore likelier to win more down the stretch, so a Fins win this weekend would certainly help.

Guy, we lost to the Raiders. Your logic is flawed. If that means the Phins could slip it also means we could slip. Which is true, because anything is possible in the NFL, but I don't think you meant to make an argument that the Jets are likely to slip down the stretch.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#6 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

I'm rooting for a tie crazy.gif
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#7 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

All hatred and what-not aside, we need the Phins to win, its easy really. No matter what happens, the Patriots will always be regarded to as 'The Patriots' and we need to look at them as such, they can win any game and any situation. We want the division this year, and with that, we don't want the Patriots in the playoffs, because then we'd likely need to play them first round. If the Dolphins win, it would work so well on different levels, first, the Patriots division record would fall to 2-3, which we need to be lower and lower because it would help to ensure us the division in case of a tie. With that, we control our own destiny vs the Dolphins, meaning, we play them to end the season, and I like the idea of us needing to just beat them for something to happen, then to need to hope we beat the Phins and that the Bills beat the Patriots week 17(And on that note, how crazy is it that the season ends with 2 East vs East games??).

It would just work so good for the JETS in the long run if the Dolphins won, and on that note, how strange would it be if the Jets, Phins, and Cheifs won so that it went from being 1 game seperating the four teams in the East 3 weeks ago to the Jets 8-3, Phins 7-4, Pats 6-5, and Bills 5-6???!!!

Go Jets!

#8 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (ManginiIsMyFather @ Nov 18 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guy, we lost to the Raiders. Your logic is flawed. If that means the Phins could slip it also means we could slip. Which is true, because anything is possible in the NFL, but I don't think you meant to make an argument that the Jets are likely to slip down the stretch.

I know that, and the Jets could very well slip down the stretch. What I was trying to say was the Fins are likeliest to slip, less so than the Pats, which means a Pats loss to the Fins would be more helpful because the Pats are likeliest to win more than the Fins.

#9 User is offline   JetsFan1 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

I'm hoping for a tie!

hey it just happed this past week, why not?

#10 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

patriots will not lose 2 in a row to division opponents
ColesReturns87

#11 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

No matter what the Jets need to beat the Phins in week 17. If they don't I hope they have a playoff spot locked already. I'm starting to think that if Miami is playing for a playoff spot week 17 they will win, regardless of where we are at and if we too are fighting for a playoff spot. Sacrilege I know but I just get the feeling they will come out of the gate fast and it'll come down to a last second FG. Any who that means I am rooting for the Pats. We're done with them, so if they beat the Dolphins then they are taking away a win from a team that I think will get one in week 17. That logic is flawed I know but I just see the Miami, with its easy schedule, making the playoffs over the Pats so if the Pats win and Miami goes on to win the next four in a row like they should then we may be in some trouble week 17, but less trouble than if they win on Sunday. The Pats schedule is very similar to our except they play Pitt and we play Tenn.
Evolution:

#12 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (ManginiIsMyFather @ Nov 18 2008, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No matter what the Jets need to beat the Phins in week 17. If they don't I hope they have a playoff spot locked already. I'm starting to think that if Miami is playing for a playoff spot week 17 they will win, regardless of where we are at and if we too are fighting for a playoff spot. Sacrilege I know but I just get the feeling they will come out of the gate fast and it'll come down to a last second FG. Any who that means I am rooting for the Pats. We're done with them, so if they beat the Dolphins then they are taking away a win from a team that I think will get one in week 17. That logic is flawed I know but I just see the Miami, with its easy schedule, making the playoffs over the Pats so if the Pats win and Miami goes on to win the next four in a row like they should then we may be in some trouble week 17, but less trouble than if they win on Sunday. The Pats schedule is very similar to our except they play Pitt and we play Tenn.

The logic is flawed...because if we need the game whether it be for seeding purposes or TO make the playoffs, and lose at home to the Phins in the cold with Chad throwing the ball at this point of his career in the swirling winds at the Meadowlands in late December (with I'm sure 8 men in the box due to those variables), then we aren't a serious Super Bowl contender! As of the time of my posting this, all the power rankings have us the #3 team in the AFC...which means at this point we are Super Bowl contenders to come out of the AFC...and after reading Casserly's breakdown of the Titan game, a 12-4 record (or better yet 13-3) is without question in this Jet fans opinion a STRONG possibility!!

#13 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (607thaifighter @ Nov 18 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm rooting for a tie crazy.gif

damn! you beat me to it!!

#14 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:26 AM

Tie.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:47 AM

Wait.....theres ties in football? That would suck if it happened in the playoffs or Superbowl!

#16 User is offline   GreenAsGrass Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

Definitely root for the Fish to beat the Patsies this Sunday. We have not seen the Patsies get kicked down in a long time. And we OWN the Fish, especially in 15 degrees at end of January at home it will be nuts and Chad, God love him, will be throwing those wobbly water-baloon passes to Revis and Ty Law, end of story.

#17 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Maynard13 @ Nov 20 2008, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait.....theres ties in football? That would suck if it happened in the playoffs or Superbowl!

WTF.gif What are you smoking? There are no ties in the playoffs.They keep playing until someone scores.Ties can only happen during the regular season

#18 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (ROBJETS @ Nov 20 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WTF.gif What are you smoking? There are no ties in the playoffs.They keep playing until someone scores.Ties can only happen during the regular season

haha, that was just my attempt to make fun of Donovan McNabb

#19 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:22 AM

from Jetsblog:
Patriots (6-4) vs Dolphins (6-4) Go… I just threw up in my mouth while trying to say it
Oh boy… how does one choose between the two teams we as Jets fans hate the most? This game, parallel to ours in the 1 p.m. time slot, will be one to switch over to during the commercials. No matter what, one of these teams will come out limping for the AFC East contention while the other exits with some wind at its back. The teams’ current division and conference records are what come into play here. The Phins are 2-1 in the division and 5-3 in the conference. Meanwhile, the Pats are 2-2 in the AFC East and 4-4 in the conference. As much as it pains me to say it, we need the Pats to win this one. It would drop Miami’s AFC division and conference record lower, and serve as a potentially effective part in our taking of the AFC East if we beat the Bills and Dolphins at home in December, leaving us with only one loss within the division. Plus, as Bassett noted earlier in the week, the Phins have the easiest schedule left of the AFC East teams. I’m not going to say “Go [insert dreaded team's name],” but a Patriots win is the better outcome for us. I could be wrong. What are your thoughts people?

This is basically what I was trying to say, except it is supported with facts and is a coherent argument. I definitely agree with this.
Evolution:

#20 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (ManginiIsMyFather @ Nov 21 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from Jetsblog:
This is basically what I was trying to say, except it is supported with facts and is a coherent argument. I definitely agree with this.

Yeah ...thats the same thing I said at the top of the post. We are just used to the Pats spoiling are plans and the Fish have sucked for a while. I am pretty sure thats why alot of fans would rather see the Fish win so there is less chance of having to compete with the Pats for a playoff spot or face them in the playoffs.
The odds are definitely better of beating the Fish again.Or even twice.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users