NYJetsFan.com Forums: Just How Good Are The Jets? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Just How Good Are The Jets?

#1 User is offline   Inpain372 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

I'm not trying to be a cynic here, God knows I've been a Jets fan since the very late 70's. Today's game showed me just how good the Jets can be, as they didn't just beat the Titans, they BEAT UP the Titans. Given how long I've been watching the Jets however, I kept asking myself during the game (and asking my wife, who doesn't even care about football, btw): "When will the Jets screw this game up?"

They've been playing well lately, no doubt, but there's just this awful feeling in the pit of stomach that somehow this is going to come to a crash and burn end (I've witnessed the "Mud Bowl," the botched FG attempt against Cleveland in '87, being 15 minutes away from beating the Broncos in '98 and tw missed Doug Brien FGs against the Steelers in '04).

I will say this: Thomas Jones is running the ball extremely well, and the Jets OL is the best I've ever seen it since the Parcells era. But I want to get your thoughts: Are the Jets serious contenders to go to the SB? Some of the things that seriously scare me: Bob Sutton (thankfully not today) and the Jets D seem to go in to that "Brokeback Mountain" wussy soft-zone D whenever they have the lead, and that philosophy nearly cost them the game against NE last Thursday; I'm not sure the Titans really are the true measuring stick in the AFC without Vince Young. Teams such as Indy and New England are just beginning to wake up (I hate to say it, but Cassell is looking better with every start) and Ittsburgh and Baltimore are still extremely formidable teams, and I'm wondering if the Jets really do have enough to beat those teams come playoff time; and Favre, as great as he is (and he is great, read below), still throws way too many INTs.

Speaking of Favre, however, some announcer made this asinine comparison between him and Pennington, saying that Pennington has more passing yards than Favre this season. If that announcer actually watched film once in a while, he'd see that many of the TD's Favre has thrown for this season (including the one he threw across his body to Coles today) were passes that Pennington never could have completed.

#2 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Inpain372 @ Nov 23 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not trying to be a cynic here, God knows I've been a Jets fan since the very late 70's. Today's game showed me just how good the Jets can be, as they didn't just beat the Titans, they BEAT UP the Titans. Given how long I've been watching the Jets however, I kept asking myself during the game (and asking my wife, who doesn't even care about football, btw): "When will the Jets screw this game up?"

They've been playing well lately, no doubt, but there's just this awful feeling in the pit of stomach that somehow this is going to come to a crash and burn end (I've witnessed the "Mud Bowl," the botched FG attempt against Cleveland in '87, being 15 minutes away from beating the Broncos in '98 and tw missed Doug Brien FGs against the Steelers in '04).

I will say this: Thomas Jones is running the ball extremely well, and the Jets OL is the best I've ever seen it since the Parcells era. But I want to get your thoughts: Are the Jets serious contenders to go to the SB? Some of the things that seriously scare me: Bob Sutton (thankfully not today) and the Jets D seem to go in to that "Brokeback Mountain" wussy soft-zone D whenever they have the lead, and that philosophy nearly cost them the game against NE last Thursday; I'm not sure the Titans really are the true measuring stick in the AFC without Vince Young. Teams such as Indy and New England are just beginning to wake up (I hate to say it, but Cassell is looking better with every start) and Ittsburgh and Baltimore are still extremely formidable teams, and I'm wondering if the Jets really do have enough to beat those teams come playoff time; and Favre, as great as he is (and he is great, read below), still throws way too many INTs.

Speaking of Favre, however, some announcer made this asinine comparison between him and Pennington, saying that Pennington has more passing yards than Favre this season. If that announcer actually watched film once in a while, he'd see that many of the TD's Favre has thrown for this season (including the one he threw across his body to Coles today) were passes that Pennington never could have completed.

I agree, The whole game I never really felt comfortable, waiting for something to go wrong. But that something never came. Maybe that in itself is a sign that we're ready to go to the big game!

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Nov 23 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, The whole game I never really felt comfortable, waiting for something to go wrong. But that something never came. Maybe that in itself is a sign that we're ready to go to the big game!

Actually this is the first game that I felt comfortable in a long time. From the outset we were in control. At one point we had 20 1st downs to the titans 5. We were in unison today. The offense was helping the defense by compounding long drives and the D was helping the offense by giving them the ball back. The gameplan was just amazing today.

I actually felt comfortable for the whole game. A rare thing for me. This team I think is ready for the playoffs.

The Denver game kinda a scares me though. Cutler is a throwing Q.B and thats what we struggle with. I see a shootout in the making!

#4 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

My opinion from what I see so far the only contenders for us in the AFC at this point would be Pittsburgh.Tennessee was dominated so bad by the Jets that I dont worry about them at all in the playoffs.That game wasnt even as close as the score indicated.

I think Baltimore has to many issues on offense to sustain enough drives to hang with the Jets.Pittsburgh is solid and I still may rank them above us at this point but either way the Jets are pretty solid too.
I still worry about the luck of New England if they make the playoffs and I wouldnt want to have to face the Fish in the playoffs.More or less I dont want any other AFC East teams in the playoffs.
Denver might be able to pull off a miracle in the regular season against the Jets but I think they would have a zero percent chance against the Jets in the playoffs.
Basically only Teams I have any worry about not in the East are....

Pittsburgh(all around)
Indianapolis(offense)
Baltimore(defense)
Chargers (offense)

#5 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

luckily you can pretty much call the chargers A wrap they're done...Pitt does not worry me at all, they are the same team as the titans in and out but with a more problematic defense. and you seee what we did to the titans DEE. However the only team in the conference that worries me is the Colts..I could care less what people have to say about that team, the fact of the matter is, is that they have Peyton Manning and that guy scares the fu*k outta me..All in all i've never been more happy about whats going on this season..this is awesome

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (RetireChrebet @ Nov 24 2008, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
luckily you can pretty much call the chargers A wrap they're done...Pitt does not worry me at all, they are the same team as the titans in and out but with a more problematic defense. and you seee what we did to the titans DEE. However the only team in the conference that worries me is the Colts..I could care less what people have to say about that team, the fact of the matter is, is that they have Peyton Manning and that guy scares the fu*k outta me..All in all i've never been more happy about whats going on this season..this is awesome

Pittsburgh scare me more than the Titans because all around on offense they are better team: Big Ben is better than Collins and at WR Ward, Holmes etc are far better than what Tennessee has. The RB situation is a bit of a toss up given the injuries to Willie Parker and Mendenhall, but I'd still give Pittsburgh a slight edge. Defensively they are stout, as ever.

The Colts worry me too simply because they can always put up points, as you pointed out. San Diego and Denver can both post points too although their Ds are pretty circumspect.

I'd prefer it if we saw teams we have already beaten, but that will never be the case.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Inpain372 @ Nov 23 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will say this: Thomas Jones is running the ball extremely well, and the Jets OL is the best I've ever seen it since the Parcells era. But I want to get your thoughts: Are the Jets serious contenders to go to the SB? Some of the things that seriously scare me: Bob Sutton (thankfully not today) and the Jets D seem to go in to that "Brokeback Mountain" wussy soft-zone D iwhenever they have the lead, and that philosophy nearly cost them the game against NE last Thursday; I'm not sure the Titans really are the true measuring stick in the AFC without Vince Young. Teams such as Indy and New England are just beginning to wake up (I hate to say it, but Cassell is looking better with every start) and Ittsburgh and Baltimore are still extremely formidable teams, and I'm wondering if the Jets really do have enough to beat those teams come playoff time; and Favre, as great as he is (and he is great, read below), still throws way too many INTs.

Speaking of Favre, however, some announcer made this asinine comparison between him and Pennington, saying that Pennington has more passing yards than Favre this season. If that announcer actually watched film once in a while, he'd see that many of the TD's Favre has thrown for ths season (including the one he threw across his body to Coles today) were passes that Pennington never could have completed.

I agree, Favre has been making passes that Pennington could only dream about making. Favre has settled down and is playing within the team now. Making me much more happy, for a while he was playing like a idiot. Throwing retarded passes that almost or did cost us games. Favre is a master of short passes, its a phase of his game overlooked by people. People think of the deep pass with Favre, but what I loved with Favre watching him with Greenbay was his ability to zip a pass over the middle on slant routes and place it where the WR can take that ball 60+ yards for a score. He also has a quick releases, something we been missing. Favre isn't getting our WRs killed, hes getting them the ball fast enough where they can make a move to get past a defender rather than get their head knocked off with a floater coming towards them.

That pass Favre made to Coles for a TD was sick! The way he extended the play and threw it off balanced perfectly through 3 defenders right into Coles hands. That was beautiful!!

My only problem is I hope Favre comes back.. I think he will come back next season, hes having too much fun. I feel like we are being teased with having a actual QB that can make throws like that to a WR like he did to Coles.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

LOOK AT MY FAVORITE TEAMS! <<< I'm from CT. Thus the NY, Boston thing. I stuck it out with all the heartache of the Yankees owning the Redsox. Then came Epstein and Francona! I know how you all feel. I didnt know how to enjoy winning the series in 2004. I sat there and said, what do i do now?

Now we have tangini! We have beaten the nemesis and we WILL see them again this season and we WILL go through them again to get to the SB! I feel it in my stomach too. But it is going to happen!

TRUST ME ON THIS! It can be done.

On the Favre thing Jetsfan0099? Its your OL thats making this possible , Brett doesnt get the vision he's getting without the guys up front opening lanes. That slant to Cotchery is the prime example.

#9 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

I don't think any JETS fan who has seen this team year in year out for at least 15+ years can't ignore that voice in the back of your head saying "don't get excited these are the JETS" well I'm trying to remain grounded right now cause what we are seeing is too good to be true but if yesterday was the indication of the potential this team actually has going forward I will be real excited when the JETS make the playoffs but as of right with 5 regular season games left in the season I will remain grounded....this feels so similar to 1998 but I believe that with the way the JETS have just been continuing to improve as the season has gone along I think when the JETS get into the playoffs that we are going to be dangerous but right now I just want to see Consistency and then I'll be able to take a step back and see the big picture of how special this season and this team has the potential to be....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#10 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

this squad has more weapons then an any jets squad since '98. we keep getting better week by week. who knows how good we'll end up. do i dare believe?

#11 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (LocoJet @ Nov 24 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this squad has more weapons then an any jets squad since '98. we keep getting better week by week. who knows how good we'll end up. do i dare believe?

just a quick side note .. loco .. today is the aniversary of your death to the patsy .. 25 years ago today

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7y6hZCJrxaY

#12 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

november 22 1963. thats 45 i think. unless it's 1988 and nobody told me. crazy.gif

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users