NYJetsFan.com Forums: Enjoy The Brett Favre Ride - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Enjoy The Brett Favre Ride

#1 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:11 PM

4-GET THE FUTURE & ENJOY THE RIDE

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Every few weeks, there is a question for Brett Favre about whether this will be his first and last season with the JetsNew York Jets . It has become a rite of autumn around here, the way it was a rite of winter for the past several years in Green Bay.

It is an exercise in futility, because the football world and probably a good part of the free world knows by now that Favre doesn't know, and won't know until months after the season ends, and even when he thinks he knows, he doesn't ever really know.

But the main reason all the Brett-Are-You-Coming Back? questions should end once and for all is we should all do what the 39-year-old quarterback is doing, and that is concentrate on the season that is unfolding in front of us, a season that suddenly has a chance to be magical, one year after the Super Bowl XLII Giants.

We should all sit back and enjoy the ride Favre is beginning to give us, a ride that started off as gut-wrenching as the Coney Island Cyclone and appears on its way to exhilarating by the time it stops, whenever that may be.

Favre beat the Patriots in Foxborough. Favre beat Bill Belichick in overtime. The Jets season New York dreamed about when he showed up doesn't end there. It begins there.

A year ago, the Jets were the football Titanic. Today in Nashville, they can announce themselves as titans by beating the 10-0 Titans.

Favre cannot do this by himself at this age any more than he ever did it by himself when he won his Super Bowl 12 seasons ago. Kris Jenkins, the Jets' Albert Haynesworth, is the best defensive lineman the Jets have had since Joe Klecko. Calvin Pace gets after the quarterback. Kick returner Leon WashingtonLeon Washington gets Favre the best possible field position. Alan Faneca and Damien Woody have added toughness and experience to the offensive line. Thomas JonesThomas Jones is running young again. Dustin Keller is becoming Favre's Dallas Clark. No one dares throw on Darrelle Revis. Kerry Rhodes is on the brink of stardom.

But make no mistake: Favre is the straw that stirs the drink.

He stirs it with his Everyman persona, the boy forever inside him, refusing to leave, wherever he is, whatever he is doing. He stirs it with how much he cares about his teammates. He stirs it with his unyielding will to win, even now.

Here's what Favre has now been able to do: He has made his teammates believe. Especially his receivers. Believe they can do something impossible like David Tyree did in the Super Bowl. He makes all his teammates believe they will find a way to win in the fourth quarter, or in overtime, come hell or Bill Belichick.

A lot can happen from here to January. Favre's body may yet remind him no one gets to remain forever young. He may revert to throwing those reckless interceptions.

But for now, give the geezer credit. The heat has been hot here, but Favre never thought about getting out of the kitchen. There was that embarrassing meet-the-press grilling over whether he had surrendered Packers state secrets to then-Lions general manager Matt Millen and very possibly coaches eavesdropping before his former team's 48-25 victory. There was all the commotion over having to learn a new offense and reaching common philosophical ground with coach Eric Mangini and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. This has been a very public trial by error for him, under the unforgiving, blinding New York microscope, and Favre has never blinked.

There never was any danger he would tarnish his Hall of Fame legacy, at least in the eyes of the majority. But he risked the worst kind of ending, in the worst possible place for it to end the way it ended for Willie Mays in his twilight. He risked the ridicule of a town without pity.

Look at him now. Not Messier just yet. Not the Messiah just yet. But maybe. Maybe one of our New York Titans.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

If favre wins a SB here it would ad to his legacy and he might be known as the best QB of all time. even w/o winning it he will still be known as one of the 3 best all time and is a HORer no matter what.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

That article right there says it all with no punches pulled, that just pumped me up a little bit more and knowing the Sky is the Limit for this team with how we just have looked great in this 5 game winning streak the Oakland game was the turn of the corner and now we are in a full on sprint to the finish with the last 5 games of the season the JETS are looking stronger and moving like a well oiled machine and Favre is pressing on the accelerator....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users