NYJetsFan.com Forums: Titans Still Say They Are Better Than Jets After Loss - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) SUCK THE DUCK!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) WOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) Happy Mr_Jet?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Titans Still Say They Are Better Than Jets After Loss

#1 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

Tennessee Titans still say they are better than Jets after loss
BY OHM YOUNGMISUK
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, November 24th 2008, 9:26 AM

NASHVILLE - After they had been stunningly manhandled in almost every facet of the game, the Titans' two defensive leaders said it's clear who the best team in the AFC is.

According to Albert Haynesworth and Keith Bulluck, the Titans, not the Jets, are still the standard in the conference.

BIG APPLE FOOTBALL: WEEK 12
Apparently not even a 34-13 whipping on their home turf can change their minds about that.

"I'm not going to sit here and keep complimenting them at all," Bulluck said after repeatedly crediting the Jets for being the better team Sunday. "Defensively we didn't answer the bell and that's it. Not to discredit them (but) I don't think that team is better than us. They were today, definitely by far. They put a lot of points up and held us to very few. They are definitely one of the top teams in the AFC."

According to Haynesworth, the Jets aren't the top dog in the AFC yet.

"I think we are," said Haynesworth, who had 1-1/2 sacks and a forced fumble but was otherwise held in check. "We just didn't have a good game. They played really good ball. We didn't show up. We didn't play nowhere near as good as we can."

That would be an understatement. The Titans went into this game ranked in the top 10 of 12 different defensive categories. They had surrendered an average of 13.1 points - best in the league - and 281.8 yards per game.

But from the first drive of the game, Tennessee's monster defense found itself chasing the Jets and was kept guessing virtually all afternoon.

Besides scoring 34 points, the Jets hammered the Titans for 409 total yards, 192 coming on the ground alone. That's almost 100 yards more than what teams had averaged against the Titans all season (95.1).

Tennessee's bruising running game managed a measly 45 yards as the Titans were forced to throw after falling behind 20-3 with 3:02 left in the third.

And even though Kerry Collins had managed to rise to the occasion earlier this season when defenses focused in on the running game, the Titans' quarterback couldn't overcome several dropped passes by his receivers. Collins' receivers had dropped five balls by the first drive of the second quarter.

By the time Collins found the end zone for the team's only touchdown, that to fullback Ahmard Hall, the Titans were down 27-13 with 9:43 remaining.

Their 10-game winning streak was history, snapped by the AFC's hottest team - the Jets.

Haynesworth said he fully expects to see the Jets again in the playoffs. Bulluck hopes to see the Jets again in Nashville when much more is at stake.

"We got embarrassed at home," Bulluck said. "(But) we are going to do our damndest to make sure anything playoff-wise in the AFC is coming through Tennessee. Football is a mentality. A game like this toughens an already tough team."

#2 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

This is not the end of this. Come playoff time, Titans Vs Jets part deux will a bloodbath. I see the hate coming from the titans. If they were better, they weren't Sunday. Sour grapes

#3 User is offline   Inpain372 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Nov 24 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is not the end of this. Come playoff time, Titans Vs Jets part deux will a bloodbath. I see the hate coming from the titans. If they were better, they weren't Sunday. Sour grapes

I agree. I didn't hear anything insulting being said by the Titans. The players fully admitted they got their butts whooped. In all honsety, our guys played great, and none of the Titans' strengths (defense, big play drives on offense, etc.) ever came in to play. It was a wellocached and well-executed game against the Titans on Sunday. Come playoff time, who knows? The results might be different. I hope not, however.

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

I agree with the last poster here but did anyone see any adjustment by Fisher to change what Mangini did to fishers team ? Secondly the Titans beat us in one category they did more to lose the game then we did. biggrin.gif
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

Did anybody hear those 'clASSy' Tenn fans at the end of the game during the Leon Washington TD drive .. booing and chanting 'Ref You Suck'?

wow .. they lost by 21 points and they are blaming the ref? pretty sad

I'll never forget a few years back in the NHL playoffs The Devils swept the rangers and after the game every fan was still in thier seats in MSG and gave thier team a standing ovation .. even as a Devils fan I was impressed with the class those fans showed that night .. this was the kind of reception I would have expected Titans fans to show following thier teams VERY impressive 10 game run .. instead the boo and blame the ref .. I dont ever again want to hear how Jets fans are the worst fans ever ..

as for the players .. what they say doenst really matter .. they are supposed to believe in themselves .. but obviously the score showed who was the better team yesterday .. in every facet of the game!! That would be the 1st place New York Jets!

#6 User is offline   matt x Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, jets, mets, grateful dead.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

I agree that players always think they should have won or will win next time. However when an opponent comes into your house and takes you behind the woodshed for a good old fashioned ass-kicking it is better to keep your fat mouth shut. The Jets looked like they were ready to induce more pain. The Titans are lucky the game was only 60 minutes long!
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   matt x Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, jets, mets, grateful dead.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

Oh Yeah and Jeff Fisher looke like an idiot screaming at the Refs after an obvious call. Earth To Jeff.............
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

The 'W' speaks for itself. In a game that lopsided, you can't make excuses.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:55 PM

they didn't sya anythign bad. its possible for teams to lose to worse teams hence any given sunday. were way better then the 3 teams we lost to. thats llife. maybe they'll get a shot to try and see if there right in the playoffs
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users