NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Playoffs And Us! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Fire the admins!
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Over paid talents
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) i get paid too much yo
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Playoffs And Us!

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

Not Exactly Playoff Scenarios
Posted on November 24th, 2008 by Andrew Weiss While every Jet fan in America (and overseas) will instantly remind me that looking ahead to the playoffs is a dangerous thing and invites bad karma, some analysis is in order for us to know who to root for in the coming few weeks.

Let’s start off with some things we would like to see.

1. NO PATRIOTS: No Jet fan on earth wants Belichick to make the playoffs. If you just became a Jets’ fan, here’s why. Because a) his team knows the Jets really well and always plays it tough, cool.gif his team has a lot of veterans who expect to win and who have playoff experience, c) he is a humorless jerk, d) he cheats, e) we’d all just love to see New England fans crushed and changing the channel when Sportscenter is on starting in early January for fear they might hear how good the Jets are.

2. NO COLTS: No Jet fan wants the Colts to make the playoffs because of Manning and because they play the no-huddle, which might offset our size matchup with their offensive line.

3. A BYE, PLEASE: We’d love the bye. Few coaches take better advantage of time off than Mangini and it would be nice to have an extra week for the older players (one in particular) to rest and heal. I’ll take the Jets over anyone given two weeks to prepare.

So how do we get the outcome we want considering the teams in a position to make the playoffs? First, let’s consider the division winners.

In the AFC East, let’s assume the Jets win out. While they might get picked off, particularly by a division opponent, Mangini’s teams, judging by 2006, do not slip once they start believing in themselves. In 2006, they were 5-5 with a far weaker team in week eleven and went 5-1 thereafter only losing to the Bills. This year’s Bills are not improving and they have nowhere’s near the confidence that the 2006 team had. I don’t believe in the Dolphins and the two west coast games don’t scare me much. So, if the Jets win out or even lose one of the next five, they win the division on record or tiebreakers.

Denver is liable to win the West. They now have a two game lead and San Diego can still blow games in a variety of ways. Whoever wins is probably first week fodder anyhow but one of them makes the playoffs even if they have a losing record. Tennessee, with an easy schedule, probably can not be caught by Indianapolis. They are almost guaranteed to win 13 by week 16 and, even if they lose their last two to Pittsburgh and Indy, they would still finish ahead of Indy by a game at 13-3, even if Indy wins out. This leaves the North, which will be very competitive since both Pittsburgh and Baltimore have tough remaining schedules.

So how do we get what we want?

The four division leaders make the playoffs. That’s likely to be the Jets, Steelers, Titans and Broncos, although the Ravens could make it interesting. That leaves two slots for wildcards. Who are they going to be?

Jets’ fans have to allow that Indy will probably make the playoffs. They are 7-4 with games against Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit and Jacksonville coming up before the matchup in week seventeen against the Titans. Let’s assume they’re 11-4 going into the last week. Who do we want to win the finale? Simple answer: Indy. We want this on the theory that we’d rather face the Colts than the Patriots. The Pats, after next weeks’ tough game against Pittsburgh, have Seattle, Oakland, Arizona and Buffalo. The Cardinals might give them some trouble. I would imagine they have one more loss in them by the final week. Win out or one loss, we still can expect them to finish with roughly the same record as the Colts. Since the Colts would win the tiebreaker, we would want them to be edged out on head-to-head.

So, if we want to keep the Pats out of the playoffs, we have to root for Indy and the AFC North teams. Go Pittsburgh. Go Ravens. The Ravens have the tiebreaker over the Pats with only three conference losses and two easily winnable conference games (against JAX and Cincinnati) other than the head-to-head game with Pittsburgh. The Pats already have four conference losses thanks to the Jets.

So we want the Steelers to win next week and we want the Ravens to win out. For the bye, we’d still like to see the Steelers lose to a non-conference opponent (in case they finish with the same record as the Patriots) to knock them down to an inferior record than the Jets since they have the tiebreaker over us with only one conference loss.

So root for Indy and the Ravens and let’s hope the Steelers and the Cardinals can beat up the Patriots. Either way, there are a number of scenarios where the Pats can win out and still miss the playoffs. Meanwhile, if we take care of business, we’ve got a chance to get what we want. That would be nice, for a change.

#2 User is offline   Swissle Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

it doesn't matter who the jets play. by the time playoffs begin, they'll be studying film in their living rooms b/c of their 1st week bye. the jets will win out and finish the season @ 13-3...very nice. yahoo.gif

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users