NYJetsFan.com Forums: Cbs Sportsline Power Rankings - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cbs Sportsline Power Rankings Prisco actually gives us a good spot

#1 User is offline   JetsFan1 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:12 PM

Power Rankings
Current Team Previous
1 Giants Trends 2
They've taken their rightful spot at the top. Can anybody beat them? They do everything well.
2 Jets Trends 5
Are they now the team to beat in the AFC? That's a stretch, but they're close. The schedule isn't exactly daunting the rest of the way either.
3 Titans Trends 1
They played a lot of big games the past month and it might have caught up with them against the Jets. They still have a great shot to get the AFC's No. 1 seed.
4 Buccaneers Trends 4
Don't look now, but they're the second-best team in the NFC. It isn't always pretty, but they find a way.
5 Cowboys Trends 7
They get Seattle at home for a turkey day feast before a tough two-game stretch at Pittsburgh and at home against the Giants. The return of Tony Romo makes them a different team.
6 Steelers Trends 9
That defense is getting better by the week. Now they get a chance to slow down the hot Matt Cassel.
7 Panthers Trends 3
Despite their loss to the Falcons, they still control their destiny when it comes to winning the division. They do need to get that passing game going better.
8 Patriots Trends 10
Matt Cassel is on fire, throwing for 815 yards the past two games. It helps that Randy Moss and Wes Welker catch the passes.
9 Colts Trends 8
At 7-4, they have an easy schedule the rest of the way, starting with Cleveland this week. They will make the playoffs.
10 Falcons Trends 13
Can you believe we're heading to the last week of November and they're a division contender? Mike Smith, coach of the year?
11 Redskins Trends 14
The way Clinton Portis is running he just might carry them to the playoffs. They still need to get Jason Campbell going better.
12 Cardinals Trends 6
The Giants showed them that they have work to do before the playoffs come around. They have to improve that running game.
13 Ravens Trends 16
After losing to the Giants, they regrouped in a big way against the Eagles. It's all about the defense. If they play well, they win. If not, they don't.
14 Saints Trends 19
With that offense, they can play with anybody. If they're to have any chance of winning the division they have to go to Tampa and win this week.
15 Dolphins Trends 11
Chad Pennington can throw the football. So can we please limit the Wildcat? Please.
16 Bears Trends 18
They have a first-place showdown with the Vikings this week. The good news from the Rams game is the defense played better, but it was the Rams.
17 Vikings Trends 20
If they're to win the division, Gus Frerotte has to be better. If not, it won't matter how good they run it or play defense.
18 Bills Trends 22
They seemed to have righted their ways against the Chiefs. Trent Edwards came out of his slump in a big way, which they will need down the stretch.
19 Packers Trends 15
They should be thankful that they play in the so-so NFC North. What happened to that pass defense Monday night?
20 Broncos Trends 12
Something has seemed off with this team all season. We know the defense has struggled, but the offense didn't score against the Raiders either.
20 Chargers Trends 23
Even at 4-7, they still have a chance to win the division. Oh, how every team wishes it was in the AFC West.
22 Eagles Trends 17
Donovan McNabb stays in at quarterback, which is the right thing to do. But if it goes bad Thursday night, it could get ugly at home.
23 Texans Trends 25
They have the first home Monday night game in team history coming up against the Jaguars. Outside of Houston, will anybody care?
24 Browns Trends 21
So maybe Brady Quinn isn't ready yet. I did say it would be 2009 before the Browns with Quinn became a real playoff threat.
25 Jaguars Trends 24
Their season is officially over. Now comes a tough question: Will they win again and if not, what changes are coming?
26 49ers Trends 26
Have they done enough for Mike Singletary to keep the job? I doubt it. That rah-rah, in-your-face stuff doesn't compensate for Xs and Os.
27 Raiders Trends 30
So they can score touchdowns with Tom Cable calling plays. Johnny Lee Higgins is the man as the punt returner.
28 Bengals Trends 27
The one silver lining of this bad season is that the defense has been improved. That's a good sign for next season.
29 Rams Trends 28
Were it not for the little boost they got when Jim Haslett took over they just might be winless. The problem is the two lines aren't good enough.
30 Seahawks Trends 29
Mike Holmgren needs to look at the bright side: There are only five more games to go. His team is playing better lately.
31 Chiefs Trends 31
OK, so maybe we should hold off on the Tyler Thigpen-to-become-Len Dawson talk. Matt Stafford or Sam Bradford might be the answer.
32 Lions Trends 32
The progress they made a week ago went bye-bye quickly against the Bucs. What's the point of playing Daunte Culpepper?

#2 User is offline   CJBallar01 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:18 PM

JETS the #2 team in the NFL?? I like I like!!

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

Prisco gave us this grade? WOW!... hell has official frozen over!

#4 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:10 PM

I have to agree completely. With the way we completely blew the doors off Tennessee (and I expected a win, but not a blow out like that), I think we have to be right up there.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

We are good but we still have some questions in the passing D. while I feel we are better than the titans...i'd give the slight edge to the steelers. We have a solid team but we still have room to get better.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#6 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:45 PM

ESPN isnt updated yet

Fox Sports
1 Giants
2 Titans
3 Steelers
4 Jets

whats cool about NBC is you can just click and move the teams around the way you think
http://powerrankings.nbcsports.com/

This is the way I see it
I put the Steelers ahead of us because they still look really tough to me.Titans got whipped really bad so in my opinion they should be below us and Pittsburgh.I made no changes to 24-32

Rank Team
1 New York Giants
2 Pittsburgh Steelers
3 New York Jets
4 Tennessee Titans
5 Carolina Panthers
6 Washington Redskins
7 Arizona Cardinals
8 Tampa Bay Bucs
9 Indianapolis Colts
10 New England Patriots
11 Baltimore Ravens
12 Atlanta Falcons
13 Dallas Cowboys
14 Minnesota Vikings
15 Chicago Bears
16 New Orleans Saints
17 Miami Dolphins
18 Denver Broncos
19 San Diego Chargers
20 Buffalo Bills
21 Green Bay Packers
22 Philadelphia Eagles
23 Jacksonville Jaguars
24 Houston Texans
25 Cleveland Browns
26 San Francisco 49ers
27 Oakland Raiders
28 Kansas City Chiefs
29 Seattle Seahawks
30 Cincinnati Bengals
31 St. Louis Rams
32 Detroit Lions

#7 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:55 PM

ESPN is updated: http://sports.espn.g...amp;season=2008

1. Giants
2. titans
3. jets
4. Steelers

still hard to believe that we are actually getting respect.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

Power Rankings
Current Team Previous
1 Giants Trends 2
They've taken their rightful spot at the top. Can anybody beat them? They do everything well.
2 Jets Trends 5
Are they now the team to beat in the AFC? That's a stretch, but they're close. The schedule isn't exactly daunting the rest of the way either.
3 Titans Trends 1
They played a lot of big games the past month and it might have caught up with them against the Jets. They still have a great shot to get the AFC's No. 1 seed.
4 Buccaneers Trends 4
Don't look now, but they're the second-best team in the NFC. It isn't always pretty, but they find a way.
5 Cowboys Trends 7
They get Seattle at home for a turkey day feast before a tough two-game stretch at Pittsburgh and at home against the Giants. The return of Tony Romo makes them a different team.
6 Steelers Trends 9
That defense is getting better by the week. Now they get a chance to slow down the hot Matt Cassel.
7 Panthers Trends 3
Despite their loss to the Falcons, they still control their destiny when it comes to winning the division. They do need to get that passing game going better.
8 Patriots Trends 10
Matt Cassel is on fire, throwing for 815 yards the past two games. It helps that Randy Moss and Wes Welker catch the passes.
9 Colts Trends 8
At 7-4, they have an easy schedule the rest of the way, starting with Cleveland this week. They will make the playoffs.
10 Falcons Trends 13
Can you believe we're heading to the last week of November and they're a division contender? Mike Smith, coach of the year?
11 Redskins Trends 14
The way Clinton Portis is running he just might carry them to the playoffs. They still need to get Jason Campbell going better.
12 Cardinals Trends 6
The Giants showed them that they have work to do before the playoffs come around. They have to improve that running game.
13 Ravens Trends 16
After losing to the Giants, they regrouped in a big way against the Eagles. It's all about the defense. If they play well, they win. If not, they don't.
14 Saints Trends 19
With that offense, they can play with anybody. If they're to have any chance of winning the division they have to go to Tampa and win this week.
15 Dolphins Trends 11
Chad Pennington can throw the football. So can we please limit the Wildcat? Please.
16 Bears Trends 18
They have a first-place showdown with the Vikings this week. The good news from the Rams game is the defense played better, but it was the Rams.
17 Vikings Trends 20
If they're to win the division, Gus Frerotte has to be better. If not, it won't matter how good they run it or play defense.
18 Bills Trends 22
They seemed to have righted their ways against the Chiefs. Trent Edwards came out of his slump in a big way, which they will need down the stretch.
19 Packers Trends 15
They should be thankful that they play in the so-so NFC North. What happened to that pass defense Monday night?
20 Broncos Trends 12
Something has seemed off with this team all season. We know the defense has struggled, but the offense didn't score against the Raiders either.
21 Chargers Trends 23
Even at 4-7, they still have a chance to win the division. Oh, how every team wishes it was in the AFC West.
22 Eagles Trends 17
Donovan McNabb stays in at quarterback, which is the right thing to do. But if it goes bad Thursday night, it could get ugly at home.
23 Texans Trends 25
They have the first home Monday night game in team history coming up against the Jaguars. Outside of Houston, will anybody care?
24 Browns Trends 21
So maybe Brady Quinn isn't ready yet. I did say it would be 2009 before the Browns with Quinn became a real playoff threat.
25 Jaguars Trends 24
Their season is officially over. Now comes a tough question: Will they win again and if not, what changes are coming?
26 49ers Trends 26
Have they done enough for Mike Singletary to keep the job? I doubt it. That rah-rah, in-your-face stuff doesn't compensate for Xs and Os.
27 Raiders Trends 30
So they can score touchdowns with Tom Cable calling plays. Johnny Lee Higgins is the man as the punt returner.
28 Bengals Trends 27
The one silver lining of this bad season is that the defense has been improved. That's a good sign for next season.
29 Rams Trends 28
Were it not for the little boost they got when Jim Haslett took over they just might be winless. The problem is the two lines aren't good enough.
30 Seahawks Trends 29
Mike Holmgren needs to look at the bright side: There are only five more games to go. His team is playing better lately.
31 Chiefs Trends 31
OK, so maybe we should hold off on the Tyler Thigpen-to-become-Len Dawson talk. Matt Stafford or Sam Bradford might be the answer.
32 Lions Trends 32
The progress they made a week ago went bye-bye quickly against the Bucs. What's the point of playing Daunte
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users