NYJetsFan.com Forums: This Is Getting Crazy - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

This Is Getting Crazy

#1 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

As much as i like seeing the media constantly talking about the jets this coverage is getting insane. For christ sakes...Pete "i hate the jets" prisco has the jets ranked as the number 2 team in his latest version of his power rankings. ESPN has a new jets topic ever 10 mins. Everyone is talking up this team up. Super bowl talk!? its week 13 and people are putting this team into those conversations? Also over the last few seasons while living in tallahassee i would see just a few jets fans (5 tops) at the local sports bar but now the bar is filled with jet green favre jerseys. Are we the new bandwagon team this season? In some aspects it actually makes me feel really uncomfortable...I don't like it. Is it me or does all this exposure and attention kind of give an uneasy feeling. Now the jets not only have to focus on winning games they have to try and deflect the madness around them. There is to much hype! this team better stay grounded and just do what they have been doing. We are the jets...this just does not feel right.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

We're just not used to being legitimate contenders. This is just the baggage that comes along with it.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#3 User is offline   JetsFan1 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (extmenace @ Nov 25 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as i like seeing the media constantly talking about the jets this coverage is getting insane. For christ sakes...Pete "i hate the jets" prisco has the jets ranked as the number 2 team in his latest version of his power rankings. ESPN has a new jets topic ever 10 mins. Everyone is talking up this team up. Super bowl talk!? its week 13 and people are putting this team into those conversations? Also over the last few seasons while living in tallahassee i would see just a few jets fans (5 tops) at the local sports bar but now the bar is filled with jet green favre jerseys. Are we the new bandwagon team this season? In some aspects it actually makes me feel really uncomfortable...I don't like it. Is it me or does all this exposure and attention kind of give an uneasy feeling. Now the jets not only have to focus on winning games they have to try and deflect the madness around them. There is to much hype! this team better stay grounded and just do what they have been doing. We are the jets...this just does not feel right.

Well here's how I see it.

Either we're legitimate superbowl contenders and being talked about all the time because we haven't had a good run like this in awhile.

or

Would you rather be a 4-12 team getting no attention except for when they ask who's the crappiest team in the NFL?

I'll take all the attention and hype every day, I could care less. Our team doesn't seem to be phased by it.

#4 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

fair enough lol. this is just going to take some time to get used tol. its weird but its a good weird.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#5 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

A team that has won ALL of their divisional road games AND has put together back to back wins at tough stadiums against a team we despise and that has been our daddy over the past few years and the other team was undefeated is not a team that will let a thing like media hype get to them.

Ill say this right now, I am not gonna guarantee or claim the Championship right now but whomever it is that beats this Jets team will be because they play their A game and not because the Jets f*** up because I honestly feel that when the Jets beat the Patriots, that made the team feel like they can go out and beat any team.

Also, the many veterans on this team starting with Favre will not allow media bullshit cloud the youngsters and letting them lose focus. If anything, its only gonna make this team hungrier for more!

I have been salivating for a season like this since the day I became a Jets fan...since the days I got laughed at when I wore my Adrian Murell jersey to High School during that 1-15 season. I mean I know the older heads here have suffered more than me (fan since 1994) but the feeling is the same....we crave this....and deep down, we love it!

Lets Go Jets!
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:07 PM

While part of me is enjoying the added attention our Jets are getting, a bigger part of me wishes that we stay in the background & in the shadows. Every time this team seems to be in the forefront, we receive disappointment in the end. I like being the underdog. We were just 5.5 pt underdogs against Tennessee & look what happened. This team needs to be the underdog. It fuels the hunger to prove everyone wrong.

While I feel the team is hungry for more, I'm just afraid of the success going to anyone's heads. Most people say favre is responsible for this. He may be partially reasponsible, but this has been an all around team effort to got from 4-12 to our current 8-3 record. I don't like all the SB talk. Not until we actually get there. With the success we've had so far, the Brett favre experiment isn't a proven success yet. Without the SB win, it's a failure in my opinion if he doesn't plan on coming back next year at minimum as all of the confidence & swagger the team currently has will be gone if his successor isn't equally successful.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

Bro whether we make the superbowl or we don't, enjoy the ride.

I'm going to share something with you guys. I got a friend of mine (jets fan) who works in this factory. Anyways, he's got a few buddies he chills with at work. Ones a Steeler fan, ones a Colts fan, ones a Giants fan and He's a Jets fan. Now if you believe in fate this is our year. As I listed those teams thats the order in which they won it. He said to me after the Giants won thats it's our turn next. I told him last year that we'll never win with Chad and we got issues and then I told him, I guess it stops with us. However!!!, we traded for all these veterans. Paid 160 million or so all together. Acquired Brett Favre and now we are 8-3 and nearly at the top of our conference.

Do you believe in fate?

#8 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 25 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro whether we make the superbowl or we don't, enjoy the ride.

Can't remember the last time it felt this good to be a Jets fan. '98 was good, but then all fell apart on us. It is funny that the last time we went far into the postseason (1998), we trounced on tennessee during Week 12 back then too 24-3 winning by the same margin of victory.

You were questioning if it was fate?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (FlyHiJets @ Nov 25 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't remember the last time it felt this good to be a Jets fan. '98 was good, but then all fell apart on us. It is funny that the last time we went far into the postseason (1998), we trounced on tennessee during Week 12 back then too 24-3 winning by the same margin of victory.

Interesting!

#10 User is offline   kenxnice Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

dont worry my friend, it's a DIFFERENT feeling you're getting, it's the feeling pat fan and cowboys fan been feeling for years that we'd jet to experience, it's alien to us this feeling.. get use to it biggrin.gif
"can you feel whats about to happen on this field, can ya'll feel thay?"

#11 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

I can't take all this media exposure and dick riding.

OMG GET OFFF MEEEeeee
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#12 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:44 AM

Santana, whats wrong with the media exposure? Everyone bitches including myself that we always get shit on and never got any positive comments. Now that we are playing extremely well and garnering some attention you don't want it? This wasn't trying to call you out, but almost every Jets fan I know doesn't like the media nut riding us
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#13 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:16 AM

Gee I wonder if Ron is in on the Hype he is our Nostradamus .ask him how you should feel. biggrin.gif
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#14 User is offline   KSUpilot Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

I guess it just comes with the territory. The media will build them up so in the end they can say "see we told you they were good", or they can call them the biggest failure of all time. Either way they get a good story.

The bandwagon fans will make me sick. Luckily most of my time is spent in the Cleveland, OH area, and if people there haven't left the Browns yet, I dont think they ever will. Those are some loyal fans there.
But NJ is going to make me sick...I was the guy on the bus way back wearing the Jets starter jacket when everyone else had coyboys shit. I took the abuse when we were 1-15 with Kotite.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   JettingAwayAC Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

See? You get respect when you DONT suck. Next time the Jets are 4-12 and people are whining about getting no respect. Remember 2008.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (FlyHiJets @ Nov 25 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe so but I seriously doubt Denver will make it to the AFC Championship game this year and even if they did they couldnt shut this team out in the second half.Let alone beat this team in the playoffs.Also we wouldnt have to watch the game in Denver either.
Whatever similarities to 98 so far will be completely different this year.

#17 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:42 PM

You think it is bad now?If this team won the Superbowl there would be millions of fake bandwagon fans everywhere.
My cousin is a big Denver fan and living in Maryland he doesnt see alot of Denver fans.When they won the Bowl in 98 all he said is how loads of people were suddenly wearing Denver apparel.He felt weird as hell.

Look at it this way though it is a good thing even if they are fake because it will suck in more true fans to our cursed franchise biggrin.gif

#18 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (607thaifighter @ Nov 26 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Santana, whats wrong with the media exposure? Everyone bitches including myself that we always get shit on and never got any positive comments. Now that we are playing extremely well and garnering some attention you don't want it? This wasn't trying to call you out, but almost every Jets fan I know doesn't like the media nut riding us

That's because the Jets have been so incosistent over the past few years and hardly put together consecutive winning seasons.

As JettingAway says, it's because the team is winning that they are getting respect, and that's how it should be.
We always got shit on because, let's face it, the team was never anything better than mediocre. Yes, we made the playoffs a few times but then there were the miserable seasons in between those appearances.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users