NYJetsFan.com Forums: Honest Abram Elam - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Honest Abram Elam Eric Allen..Jet Confidential 11/28

#1 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:22 PM

“You’re only as good as your last game,” Jets safety Abram Elam said Wednesday.

After racking up 10 tackles and forcing a takeaway in the Jets’ 34-13 thrashing of the Titans on Sunday, “Big Play Abe” is awfully good at the moment. He’s started the past four games and has become a defensive dynamo.

There was the 92-yard interception return for a touchdown at Buffalo, his first career strip-sack against the Rams, which resulted in a Calvin Pace score, then a strip of Titans rookie runner Chris Johnson, which led to a Brett Favre scoring pass.

“I’m just trying to take advantage of my opportunities,” said the soft-spoken Elam. “I’m going out, practicing hard and playing hard. Preparation is key.”

Elam, whose brother, Donald, was murdered last May and has lost three siblings to gunfire since 1987, was grateful on this Thanksgiving. On Thursday, he got the chance to spend some quality time with his 7-year-old son, Kaiir. They shared a meal in Paterson, N.J., at the house of Lorenzo Crawford, a friend of Elam’s from their playing days at Notre Dame.

“I’m thankful for a lot. I’ve been blessed to have family and great people surrounding me. God has definitely been ahead in my life because without him I don’t think I would be where I am today,” he said. “I wake up every day and thank the Lord for giving me another day as an opportunity to go out and do something I love.”

When the Jets met as a team Wednesday morning, head coach Eric Mangini named Elam the defensive player of the week for his outstanding performance against Tennessee.

“I was happy for him, I really was," said fellow safety Kerry Rhodes. "He’s played well these last couple of weeks and he’s got overshadowed. This week Coach acknowledged him and it was a good thing for us and it was a good thing for a guy who’s been through a lot.”

After starting the season in a reserve role, Elam has stepped up after being called into duty following Eric Smith’s concussion. The 6’0”, 207-pounder, a 27-year-old in his third pro season, has responded with the best playing stretch of his career.

“He’s playing great,” said lockdown corner Darrelle Revis. “You see him every week making plays — fumbles, interceptions for returns. It’s good to have a guy like that who’s a playmaker.”

The Jets don’t have to worry about success going to Elam’s head. He is steady and realizes that things can change in a hurry.

“In the NFL, it only takes one play,” he said. “You have to be on point each and every down because you’re playing against great players. They’re scheming to take advantage of any mishap you have.”

The Sunday spotlight will be on Elam and the Jets’ secondary. Even though the Denver Broncos don’t have a record that matches the Titans, they pass for 273 yards per outing and are more dangerous through the air. Whereas Elam, best known for his ability in the box, knew the Jets’ last game could have been played in a telephone booth, this weekend’s matchup is far different.

“Denver is a very explosive offense. They’re third in the league in passing yardage. They have a great young quarterback in [Jay] Cutler, who has a very strong arm, Brandon Marshall is near the top of the league in receptions, so it’s a great challenge,” he said. “Being a defensive back, this is one you want to look forward to because you want to play against the best and you want to continue to prove yourself week in and week out.”

For the season, Elam has totaled 31 tackles (including three for losses), two forced fumbles, three passes defensed and the memorable interception and sack, plus eight special teams tackles. The role player’s contributions haven’t gone unnoticed.

“He works the same way since the day he arrived here,” Mangini said of Elam. “When he gets these opportunities, he's taken advantage of them and that is what you really look for.”

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users